SPL XII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since everyone is calling out their team mates, ima call out Sakito for stealing my waifus and making me hate the fucking bot to the point i asked excal to remove my perms from the channel. FUCK U SAKITO
I agree with this. Sakito is the kind of person who will never use his claim during the final hour of a set of rolls in the hope that he can save his claim to snipe someone else's top tier waifu. McMeghan can vouch for this.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Watashi refused to test whatsoever, even a single game, said next to nothing in the chat, clearly half-assed it in the games and gave zero Fs and then started trying when we traded him to Ruiners. When I politely and calmly asked him how I can help him/where I can slot him moving forward, he responded as follows- "Is this your first time teaming with me?". Me "Yes". Him- "Well I don't put effort into any Pokemon tour so that's that".
the reason i don't test is because i don't think it makes a difference. it's not like i'm pulling a spl9 mael and hiding my teams from the rest of the team because i don't want them to be criticized

and i did not half-ass my games. i care about my overall record so why would i? meridian probably told you otherwise because apparently my game vs jt was "90-10 in my favor" (?????)

as for me saying very few things i don't deny that, but you clearly knew that before the draft https://files.catbox.moe/343lgy.png https://files.catbox.moe/x9bia3.png so don't act surprised when you dropped money on me

watermess

What? Never seen an idiot before?
is a Tutoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The real winner is indubitably dice here, dispite being caught up in massive drama with his manager he has made absolute BANK on reacts today, honestly this puts even the most committed of likewhores look like a mere footnote. tbh I think dice should retrain as a full time QC likewhore he would be great at that.

Vulpix03

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUPL Champion
I agree with this. Sakito is the kind of person who will never use his claim during the final hour of a set of rolls in the hope that he can save his claim to snipe someone else's top tier waifu. McMeghan can vouch for this.
you sniped fujiwara from me while i was rolling, and refused my reasonable offers despite never even watching the show. You then traded her to McVirgin. This is the real crime here. Also fuck sakito

SFG

Snom is Fucking Great
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
meridian u had an ugly attitude the whole season coz u didn’t start and only now coming out of the woodwork STFU
I'm not invested in this drama since I basically don't care, but I have to disagree here . Meridian spent so many hours helping you the whole season, and I haven't seen any "ugly" or offensive message from him. He supported you and even told me at the start of the season that u were definitely a safer and more logical starter than him.

Anw, hope you won't take this as a personnal attack or smthing, and have a nice day man. Ty to the tigers for the adventure, was fun !

I feel like I see this conflict every year. In my opinion it's complete nonsense to mandate x testing time or y time spent building your team / helping teammates, but it's incredibly important that managers have an honest idea of player investment, so that they can decide whether they want to purchase them, and for how much. Now, usually if you've been around you have an idea of who is planning to put in more time, and who's gonna put in less. However, players can vary in activity depending on what is going on in their personal life even if they usually invest a lot of time, so maybe it would be a cool addition to add something along the lines of "planned investment" to the required sign-up information. Then if you grossly overstated your investment you may be held accountable.

Last edited:

Bushtush

Banned deucer.
I am not going to call out names or speak on anyone else's experience on the team, but I just wanna say Callous and Jabba have been nothing short of excellent managers. Helped out a ton, always followed up and made sure people were good to go week to week. Helped in whatever channels they could and were always a positive presence in chat. Sure things were not always the smoothest all season but that did not soley fall on them. It was a team failure. Overall 9/10 experience for sure, and I would love to have them both as my managers again.

Before the tour started I had the idea to do an incredibly extensive shoutout because it was my first major tour and I had the naïve expectation that we were destined to be champions (always nice to be optimistic though). That being said it was really the opposite of what I was hoping for, with my lackluster record and the shit our team went through, so I won't be doing anything over the top. It really sucked that I started the tour off playing like dog and then even when I started playing better the wins didn't come through so it started getting at my ambition. I suppose we all have our idea of what "X amount of effort" is or what the team deserves out of you and sometimes the manager/player chemistry isn't 100. The bickering in this thread is unfortunate to see and while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I had no problems with Callous and Jabba as my managers. I just keep the same mentality I did in high school sports of being a coachable player and keeping my ego in check, so what would be intrusive or overzealous from a manager's position (from what I've experienced this tour) doesn't really bother me. I'll give credit where it's due but I don't really deserve any; I never really checked in a lot of the channels cause I'm hella ignorant but I can say for a fact everyone was prepping hard and it sucks to see a lot of it go unrewarded. It was stated before but BluBirD252 is absolutely insane and every time I lost I thought how people like him genuinely deserved a spot over me any day. The multi-metagame knowledge he offered us was incredible; him and the others helpers we had meant a lot to us. I'm not gonna do personal shoutouts here cause I don't feel like it would be appropriate for what's happened, but I always enjoy teaming with anyone and my favorite thing about team tours is meeting new people. I will however, thank some people specifically regarding RBY.
MetalGro$$ There was nothing I wanted more (besides winning the tour) than to see you turn the season around and I was very sorry to see you go out the way you did.
Heroic Troller In my time playing RBY there has been no more challenging opponent than you and your help was greatly appreciated. I honestly felt guilty not being able to succeed, even with your help.
SMB An amazing player who fell victim to great misfortune; no shot we should have the same record at the end of the regular season but that's the game I guess. Thank you for the help here and there, I wish I could have done more for you.
roudolf13 A legend regardless of the length of your career, you were so fucking hard to play against even if you claimed to be "washed." I didn't deserve to have you as a test/building partner but I really did appreciate it.

I was not going to say anything, but seeing people here giving such wrong opinions motivated me to do it, first of all callous and jabba are good managers, I do not agree with callous about Dice's situation, and although he really did stupid things in many moments of the season, some of us did it too(even callous did it and I called him out on pms about it) and even with that Dice showed enough effort to show that he cared. Now in the case of watashi, it is incredible to see people defending this without knowing anything about what is happening, it is even more incredible to see how many of them will not say anything if the callous post was ABR or tricking or someone like that, I bet many were praising them and hating on the other two involved, and finally with the other thing that says callous, I agree and I think all my teammates did too, Watashi did not test at any time, but neither did Robert, did callous have a problem with that? no, because rob showed throughout the tour that he cared, I think callous meant about the level of effort he showed, one thing is to be quiet or not prepare much, and another thing is to show 0 interest in the team or not even pretend you care, I don't care if you're quiet or if you like anime or whatever, but I don't think it's justifiable how you behave, how do you say you don't give a shit about the game and at the same time say you care about your individual record? there is no problem with who you are or that you do not do like to test, here the problem is that you did not give a shit and that is why we traded you mr watashi

Last edited:

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
go check out this bomb album by Ajna, this one's my personal favourite from it.

It's about time I write down something too! This won't exactly be a shoutout post, as I said I would've only done that in case we reached playoffs, and, unfortunately, we happened to fall short when we were only one inch away from them, hahaha..

Anyways, I wanted to thank Tricking and Raiza for putting faith in me for this season, I hope that my showings managed to pay back the credits spent on me. Playing SPL has always been my dream as a player since I joined PS in 2014, when I was just 14 years old. Therefore, even if this journey was a rollercoaster between ups and downs, I give my word that I will only cherish the good memories from all of this.
The other big thank you goes to all the mates from my team that managed to cope with my craziness and my constant rants between mons and real life, y'all are the real MVPs of my season, losing before playoffs feels less bitter, due to our very good morale throughout the last week..!

Anyways, the whole point of this post is to show some of my favourite logs that we have accumulated during this SPL, so that, I can show that words around our team not having a good atmosphere weren't exactly right, and that overall it was an experience worth doing.

So, there you go:

Hope I managed to steal at least a smile from whoever had spent their time reading this. See you all in World Cup, hopefully!

Bless up, Pietro out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)