Resource SPL 7 Team Compendium [Under Construction]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

Hey this will be a Team Dump of sorts for anyone that participated in SPL playing NU. The first post will have my teams and links if anyone else decides to post a team dump of their own in this thread :o

Evergrande Bigs

Week 1: rozes vs Hack

wildfire (Combusken) @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Thunder Punch

rain dance (Samurott) @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

to the moon (Sceptile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

nocturne (Rotom) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Discharge
- Hex

aftermath (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

fool's gold (Steelix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
So this was my first week of playing in any big tour, and I really didn't know what to expect. What made this harder was the fact that I had almost no knowledge of Hack in NU as it was not his main tier prior to SPL. I decided to go with a build that I felt comfortable with as opposed to trying to counter style him as there was really nothing I could base my counter styling on. This led me to create a more bulky offensive build around the core of SD Combusken + Samurott. SD Combusken was something I was actually what the main build of this team was around, as I hoped with his relative "newness" to NU he wouldn't really expect it and just switch in checks to the special set such as Magmortar and Hariyama only to die to a +2 Low Kick. From there I knew i wanted Spike support as SD Combusken is relatively weak and needs a way to rack up damage on the opposing team before sweeping. This is where the core of Garb + Rotom came, as they get up hazards and keep them up with Rotom's ghost typing. Steelix was added as the rocker and as a secondary Normal / Flying resist, and Sceptile was added as a general hard hitter and a water resist.

Once I got into the game I was actually relatively surprised as in my mind I expected a more stall / balanced build instead of a Hazard Stacking team built around Crustle. The match went pretty well, with quite a few berries coming into play. It was only when he switched in his Sawk and revealed Mold Breaker did I realize that all of my Fighting Checks were beaten by Mold Breaker Earthquake and I had nothing to really counter play it. Luckily it was Scarf Jolly, so I just had to pick the right sacks and get medium - low rolls on Steelix, which ended up happening and getting me my first SPL win.​

Week 2: rozes vs bouff

gucci gucci (Vivillon) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball
- Quiver Dance

blasé blasé (Klinklang) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Magnet Rise

left ey3 (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

go hard (Torterra) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

summertime (Sceptile) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

luv haus (Mantine) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Rest
So this week I decided to stick with the offensive nature of teams that I like using so much, and decided to counter style bouff a bit more. This was only possible because I knew what kind of playstyle he liked using in NU as he had many replays from Slam. He had been using a pretty standard balance type builds in previous weeks and I thought he would just stick with that as that is what he has gotten consistent results with. That is why I decided to build an offensive team that just forces Steelix to check multiple things, eventually going down and allowing one of the two other mons to sweep. I wanted a defensive core that could take hits while dishing out damage, so the combo of Torterra + Mantine was added, both being able to check a large portion of the meta on their own. Sceptile was added because it fits on almost every team, and it makes them better at the same time.

Once I got into the battle I realized that he had an almost counter team to most of my teams in Sun. Due to my prefrence of offense, most of my teams ended up weaker to weather such as sun / rain that can just outpace it and hit the team hard. The Battle ended up being very offensive with both of us making plays in order to keep the lead. I ended up playing more safely as if I messed up even for 1 turn one of his sun sweepers could easily sweep me. The game ended up coming down to him going to Victreebel > Exeggutor due to a MisCalc and Chesto Berry Mantine being able to defog on it. From there the game was pretty much mine, as Vivillon was able to beat the rest of his mons.​

Week 3: rozes vs Cased

collide (Scyther) @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

slumber party (Skuntank) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog

this is forever (Sceptile) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

sprinkles (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

the girl (Pyroar) (F) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flame Charge
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]

wasted summer (Lanturn) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Going into this week I had no idea what to expect from Cased, since he hadn't really found a playstyle that suited him and his general unpredictability made it very hard to decide on what to use. I ended up asking Finch for building help, and he made this cool team w/ Sub Tauros + Shuca Skunk so I decided that I was going to use it the day before fighting Cased. However once the day actually came I realized that I didn't really like the team, and with a little under an hour remaining I scratched that build and started from scratch. I realized that the Shuca Skunk Finch came up with would make for a great partner with Scyther as well so I started from there. I decided to go with more of a VoltTurn team since its a very adaptive playstyle that can quickly pick back up momentum which I realized could be huge against Cased since he could very easily catch me off guard with some weird sets. So the next two things I added where a Defensive Mesprit and AV Lanturn to form a stronger defensive backbone that could be relied on to take hits. I then added something that likes to be pivoted into, which is Specs Sceptile. For the last mon I asked Shaneghoul what he would use, and he replied quickly with Pyroar so I decided to try it out as another strong Special Attacker that is easily pivoted into on the steel types that switch into Scyther. Flame Charge was a cool idea I had that could pick up a quick late game sweep against offense due to its high special attack and speed.

So into the game, Turn 1 did not go how I planned at all since Counter Jynx is so uncommon I didn't even think of considering it when switch into Lanturn. My original plan going into the games was pivoting around his team and trying to get Specs Sceptile / Pyroar / Lanturn in as much as possible as they all put large amounts of pressure on his team. I also realized that his DD Rhydon seemed very scary as my "check" to it was Skuntank which can only prevent it from setting up. Turn 1 I lost Lanturn which put huge amounts of pressure on his team due to it being offensive. Basically from there the game turned into a huge VoltTurn war in a sense with both of us using our Scythers to pivot around each other. I think one of the bigger plays was me bluffing Scarf Scyther early game in order to put more pressure on him and to make him think I wasn't SD which I could see maybe coming into play later. Turn 8 was also huge as he attempted to RP up on my Skuntank only to be hit with Hidden Power Grass, and the next turn HP Grass Manages to kill him due to Earthquake not being able to beat Shuca Skunk. Turn 13 was when I revealed I was not Scarf Scyther and managed to take down his CM Xatu freeing up the game for the combo of Pyroar / Sceptile to clean up.​

Week 4: rozes vs Disenchanted

heartsigh (Audino) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 SpA / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

repetition (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind

push pull (Steelix) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 132 Atk / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

sea castle (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

begin again (Malamar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

bodyache (Mismagius) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Week 5: rozes vs Evan.

1965 (Drifblim) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 136 Atk / 196 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Hex

hypnotic (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

ace of hearts (Samurott) @ Wacan Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

east of eden (Charizard)
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

compass (Hitmonchan) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

sweet ophelia (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Week 6: rozes vs Blast

sintra (Rotom) @ Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

insane (Omastar) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 48 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

change (Scyther) (F) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

space cadet (Claydol) @ Custap Berry
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Endure

warm thoughts (Hariyama) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

star eyes (Sceptile) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Week 7: rozes vs Soulgazer

liar (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

problem (Swellow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

1990s (Tauros) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

runnin (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

made in gold (Rotom) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge

tres pound (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Week 8: rozes vs Realistic Waters

control (Gogoat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

drive (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

coming down (Duosion) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Acid Armor

new americana (Skuntank) @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dark Pulse
- Defog

young god (Scyther) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

roman holiday (Steelix) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 64 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Semifinals: Bouff vs Cased

Last edited:

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
I like the week 5 nicknames :3 love zella day

appreciate you doing the analysis of each team + battle, gives me insight on how to teambuild more effectively, cant wait to see it finished.

you used scyther 3 weeks, and a lot of people think it's getting worse because of the prevelance of rotom + lix. what are your thoughts on it in the current meta? also what's up with the set you used vs blast o_o

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
I like the week 5 nicknames :3 love zella day

appreciate you doing the analysis of each team + battle, gives me insight on how to teambuild more effectively, cant wait to see it finished.

you used scyther 3 weeks, and a lot of people think it's getting worse because of the prevelance of rotom + lix. what are your thoughts on it in the current meta? also what's up with the set you used vs blast o_o
n_n

At the start of SPL when Steelix first dropped I was scepticle about using Scyther myself, but after testing it quite a bit i realized not that much had changed for it either than the fact steelix was now an answer as opposed to Rhydon before. after testing with it i realized that i didn't need to be afraid about putting it on my teams since it was still quite viable and is still one of the best "metagame checks" due to its great bulk with eviolite and high speed and attack.

the set i used against blast was something boltsandbombers came up with and it basically is used to beat things like rotom that check it, while also removing leftovers from steelix and allowing scyther to u-turn around more freely.

also i changed up how i am doing this team dump do to a general lack of interest from other spl participants, so if anyone else who wants to dump their team just post in this thread with their teams + descriptions (or just teams) feel free to, but since a majority didn't the thread would end up looking empty and doing it this way at least makes it a neater feel n_n tagging everyone who played so that they know Bouff soulgazer Realistic Waters Teddeh Blast rozes Evan. Kiyo Cased aim panamaxis Disenchanted Hack Frizy PttP qsns Finchinator Jarii Shaneghoul

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Used this vs Mr. Canada

I had been put in NU and he wanted to get the game done early so I built a team around Scarf Barbaracle. After watching a few of his replays and asking around, I noticed he loved charizard as well as mons like scyther and shiftry. I wanted a mon that could effectively deal with those while also taking on his team, checking sceptile, outspeed tauros etc so that's where barbaracle came into play. I was shell smash scarf but sawk, the main knock off user, got banned so i changed it to switcheroo (SHELL SMASH IS MORE HEAT THO). Choose steelix as a solid rocker and psychic resist for his mesprit/musharna, opted for toxic over roar to deal with them better. my charizard was cool (in my head anyway) knowing that he loved zard I wanted mine to check his and potentially get the boosts. charcoal for the added power, wisp for fighting types, which my team lacked a solid check but eh I figured I could play around. next up was shuca skuntank. i was weak to dual dance rhydon to an extent even tho it didnt set up freely vs anything, I just wanted a solid check and defog support for zard. opted for taunt over fire blast to prevent his colbur musharna, something he used, from baton passing or something, also helpful vs spikers. lanturn came next, i wanted something for rotom that could also resist flying while giving me some momentum. sceptile was broken from what I heard so i tossed him on the team. I had outrage originally lol over giga drain but was talked out of it. ironic cause he brought sliggo lmao. overall was a fun team to use. i picked mons I wanted to use and glad i did. big shout out to rozes for testing with me right before the game and soulgazer who wasnt around at the time to give me a team, forcing me to build heh

Barbaracle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- X-Scissor
- Switcheroo / Shell Smash
- Stone Edge

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 180 Atk / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic

Charizard @ Charcoal
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Ancient Power
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 156 Def / 204 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Really like this thread, offers some good insight that some people wouldn't get otherwise. Would be p cool if other players contributed.
One small critique is maybe put the replay for the match somewhere in the description or where you put the week # ?

shiloh

Tiering Lead
Bouff's Teams from After Mids, Week 1-4 is Here

i quit but im waiting for ncaa game as of writing this so i might as well get the juice like i said i would. some of the items / evs / sets might not be completely accurate, just going off of memory since i dont have the teams anymore

Samurott @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 168 HP / 124 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 196 HP / 136 Atk / 176 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 104 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
prepping for waters was a little worrying. i had a very strong feeling he would try to counterstyle me and he was pretty versatile in his building. i wanted to run some fairly creative stuff, and blimper + cm pig seemed like good choices in the meta at that point. the team is fairly simple, you pretty much wear shit down with spikes + rott + cm pig so that drifblim and sawk can clean up late game. lix + garbo is a pretty standard hazards core obviously, i dont even remember if the spreads on this team were right but you get the idea. don't run colbur pig, it's ass

Liepard @ Expert Belt
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot
- Encore

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Giga Drain
- Memento
- Fire Punch

Barbaracle @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Return
- Razor Shell

Steelix @ Occa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- Heat Wave

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
pretty straightforward, ebelt liepard + muk is a pretty cool core meta told me about and both seemed to be pretty good at luring shit / generally unprepared for, so i thought i might as well use it. memento support + sub barb is nasty, since nothing besides horseshit ferro really likes taking a hit from it. i guess there's quagsire, but having 2 lures for it and sceptile is good enough i think. occa berry lix was for dealing with special zard without having to rely on sturdy, and tankin shit from other fires is good as well since they're pretty threatening to my team, since barb isn't really a sound answer to any of the fires as far as switchins go. xatu was good for checking garbodor / malamar / ferroseed / fightings, and having the threat of magic bounce vs garbo teams is always neat. having scept as my only water resist is kinda dix but i didn't really think there was anything better to run over it, since it checked offensive waters and was good at cleanin vs offense late game. basically i wanted to bring some creative stuff but not go out of my way to counterstyle especially since case could bring virtually anything. i spent half the week trying to build around regice but eventually i gave up by like saturday

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Outrage
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
didn't really know what to expect from quiznos. i wanted to use specs zard really bad though so i just built something i was comfortable with. piloswine is really nice since i could snap most variants of xatu save for featherdance ones, instead of dicking around with lix heavy slamming it to oblivion, and it has a really good stab combination + priority ice move so i didn't really wanna pass up on that. defog special skunk was the hazard control of choice here, since i could threaten most hazard setters + rotom while absorbing tspikes, and it's probably the best hazard cleaner to go with zard save for tops which i'm not too keen on as a hazard setter since there's better things it can be doing like actually breaking through shit, but i guess it's not a bad option. sliggoo + mush is pretty standard glue, lets me check a pretty large portion of the meta into two slots. chose signal beam as the last slot on fetus, since i was kinda insecure vs malamar, as i am on p much all my teams. i was considering bp though since boosted specs zard kinda plows through everything, and it was also a nice option on scarftom, which i p much added because my team was slow as shit otherwise, and gave me a ground immunity ( i refuse to consider non roost zard as one)

Steelix @ Custap Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Garbodor @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 84 SpA / 160 Spe
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet
i built last minute on this one. i expected sg to bring some bulky offense type ish with garbo, sd scept, that type of thing. i thought dino would be a cool thing to use; was debating between specs and shuca sr, and i ended up using the former since i decided that it'd be better off just breaking shit and i figured i could just use something else as a rocks setter. custap lix is good since i can end up getting a bit of extra damage before it dies, and i get up sr anyway to sweeten the deal. i was thinking crunch would be a cheeky option over slide because fuck rotom but zard gave me the initial d so i decideed it was a better choice. chicken + sd rott + spikes is a threat to most teams atm and i figured he wouldn't bring xatu vs me (or any reliable hazard control for that matter) so i was pretty comfortable bringing garbo. i dont even remember what the evs for it are though, or if they're even right, i got it from sg in an earlier week though so he probably knows it lol. giga drain + focus is nice cause u lure in garbos typical switch ins. shuca ius used here because i was pretty wary of scept. i'm not sure if the coverage i used on bukaaak or dinosaur are right either, i cba to remember lol

that's p much it 4 me, rozes did indeed make the team i used in semis so he can post about that, but other than that i got nothin else to say really. perishtrap misdreavus, kadabra, specs regice, sd chople bouff, coba torterra, sd sandslash, and wide lens rotom-fridge are all things i considered using bt i gave up on though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)