Pokémon Spidops

Want to suggest a set

Spidops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Tera Type: Bug
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Counter

This sets revolves around the opponent having to rethink their life choices, how the op said, spidops exels at not winning the virtual battle, but the real one, because of the extreme popularity of the memento set, whoever you are facing will be trying to brace themselves for the harsh truth that spidops will use memento and almost nothing can stop it, thats an extremely foolish play by the opponent, but what can hurt more than just showing the alpha spidops, is to actually KO one of the enemy mons, i know it sounds like a ridiculous proposition, but, the shock that will produce them to realize that all of this time they werent facing the reliable memento set, but a new, never before seen counter set, will scare them, and not just that, they will also realize that one of its mons got KO'd by none other than spidops, showing your superiority, they will feel pathetic, weak, dumb, after you psychologicaly win, as a respectable spidops player, you say gg wp, and play your next match

This set has some improvements and flaws compared to the memento set, most notably, you do not need to struggle, because it is not afected by taunt, or good as gold, and not having ivs because of not needing them, but it has some important flaws, most importantly not being able to use counter versus special attackers, and ghost types, i hope the set is good, happy new year :).

Last edited:
In all seriousness, Spidops is honestly kind of usable. Pokeaim's video on it pretty much covers everything I would say here, but basically I've found some success using it as a Sticky Web setter in OU for hyper offensive teams. It's just constantly outsped and Taunt shuts it down easily. The abundance of Taunt Annihilape leads make it harder for the lil guy to get work done as well. Kricketune and Masquerain are admittedly much more effective web setters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)