SS Doubles OU Speed Demons

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
This song really shows you what this team is about
I'm a fairly inexperienced Doubles OU player so I really know nothing about the metagame.

this team idea was born from a cartridge game, when I needed an easy way to grind for rare candies. the only two mons that could really work was Dracovish and Talonflame. Originally apart of BSS Singles team, I swapped them over to Doubles after remembering that max airstream increases your allies speed too which almost always gave Dracovish the opportunity to be an instant sweeper on turn one.

Dracovish @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Fishious Rend
- Ice Fang

- Stone Edge

Dracovish is a fantastic breaker and helps soften up enemy teams by breaking though a lot of early game mons like Lando-T, Indeedee-F, and Hatterene. For 4 turns, it virtually out speeds anything without priority leaving a lot of mons hesitant to switch into it. Crunch allows me to hit common psychics like Indeedee and Mew, Ice fang lets me hit Lando with ease (after checking with the damage calculator I found that I don't OHKO a defensive lando after the intimidate drop so I will replace it with Psychic fangs to get rid of N-tales and Grimsnarl's screens), Stone Edge lets me hit ice types like Ninetales to prevent screens, and the final move; gods gift from heaven; Fishious Rend is a catch all move that punishes switch ins, OHKO almost every threat to it, and deals a good chunk of damage to anything that doesn't have water absorb or storm drain (an easy Dracovish counter).

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Dual Wingbeat
- Flare Blitz

Because Dynamaxing is banned in Doubles OU, the obvious replacement for it would be tailwind so I can support my sweepers, Brave bird's so I can deal 120 STAB priority damage to most mons (although it easily gets walled by an intimidator) Dual Wingbeat lets me one shot Whimsicott so it can't counter-tailwind and Flare Blitz is to kill steel types. I run life orb as opposed to other items so I can combo-kill Eviolite Porygon-2 with Dracovish (this gives me an instant advantage against TR teams)

Celesteela @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Meteor Beam
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

After getting the speed boost from Tailwind, Celesteela can immediately kill Zapdos (a common tailwind user) with Meteor Beam on turn 1 and get a x2 boost by the end of the turn. It can then restore most of it's HP (if it even got hit at all) with Giga drain, but that's rarely used since Celesteela goes after a lot of the offensive mons; it doesn't really get hit early game. Flamethrower hits steel types like, Ferrothorn or other Celesteelas. Flash Cannon, lets me prevent Aroura Veil from setting up by Ninetales and there's not much other use for it other than stab.

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Crunch

Krookodile is another one-turn sweeper (I kinda like those) and lets me limit screen setters with Knock Off, it also easily preys on psychic supports with Crunch and Knock Off, EQ allows me to hit EVERYONE on the field, including our allies. This gives me the potential to get a boost of x2.5 in one turn. Double Rock Slide with Aerodactyl gets me a 57% chance to flinch at least one enemy (that is if I did my math correctly) but also helps to eliminate Zapdos and Ninetales.

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Aerodactyl plays as a backup tailwind setter, but also has offensive synergy with Krookodile with the Rockslide combo. Earthquake for the most part is worthless to me and I might replace it but I don't know with what. Krookodile can abuse EQ way better. Protect is a last ditch effort to stall out enemy Tailwinds, Trick Rooms, or the occasional Fake Outs.

Xurkitree @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

I would consider Xurkitree to be the special version of Krookodile. With Discharge, I get a potential x2.5 boost and destroy most threats with T-bolt. Energy Ball gives me coverage against ground types and dazzling gleam lets me hit dark types. However this thing is frail and needs constant maintenance

Threats: Trick Room teams, Counter-Tailwind teams, Porygon-2, Grimsnarl, Rillaboom.

Benefits: Out speeds almost every scarf user, Practically guaranteed turn one setup with Talonflame, The wall breakers hit so hard that it can immediately overwhelm opponents.

Drawbacks: no build moves other than tailwind, meaning stat drops are sometimes crippling. Massive Water weakness, Massive Electric weakness.

here's a pokepaste if you wanna play around with it
(This was also posted on reddit but received no traction. I'd really appreciate the feedback thanks.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)