something something 1000th post

View attachment 510452

what, were you expecting something else? get bent lmfao i'll just sphealpost in the spoilers

What, you expected another Spheal? Here's the actual post instead lmfao

Jokes aside, this marks the one thousand post I do on this site, which might be proof of my ever-growing insanity, but Future Lalaya will have to deal with that
Some of you might know me already, but if not: I'm 25, a nonbinary bisexual from Italy, and tomorrow is my cat's birthday!
Something else I would say about myself... I play games as my form of entertainment, especially Borderlands, Terraria, and various JRPGs or first person shooters (but not the competitive ones, I'm a scrub lmao), read some manga (DBS, Boruto, One Piece, CSM and JJK at the moment, I guess) and watch videos when I'm bored and... not much else, really; I would offer my ears and eyes to everyone, but I'm fairly bad at talking in DMs, sorry

On my story here... While I joined the site in 2015 (and the competitive in 2011) I only approached Smogon in October of 2021, and the only reason I did was because I had surgery in the 3rd of that month, and had to stay a full ten days to recuperate to move; the surgery was fairly simple, I just had my gallbladder removed, but still painful (especially the first days) and I had to not do anything to not let the stitches open, yknow; so, bored out of my mind, I clicked on Showdown to see if there still was some people I knew from my days in the Italian scene/room, and they were! Reconnected here and there, and staying some other days on my PC, I got a offer from beatrice to help in the translation efforts, and for a while I did, while still just chilling in the Italian room; at the same time, I got an offer to join Trainer Academy and help a bit there by Katy (banned deucer, also hi TA gang <3) and BDSP got released and since I loved Gen4 as much as Gen5 (but Emerald is still my guilty pleasure >.>), and also not being sure myself, I wanted to see a few things:
- Could I get in my former shape? Not that I was particularly good at my time, but I offered spooky assistance at a few people here and there when I was a kid :P
- Most importantly, can I surpass myself? Show that I actually grew in my years completely outside the space? This was purely a selfish and personal motivation, but still, I felt I needed to prove myself I could actually do something of value
So I just went along the BDSP ride, a bit more unfortunate than someone would have hope (both thanks to Latios escaping gay baby jail the first time, and Pokémon Company completely screwing us over with Home overdelayed), but still managed to rose through the ranks there, rose in Italiano, got to know amazing people, good people and even some bad people, did my fair share of screwups, and found out what I really wanna do for the time being: thanks to me having to juggle our events in the Italian room, especially the Teamballo, and later being called for helping in ZUPL IV, I found out tour hosting is actually nice and more in line in what I want to contribute to the site and to my friends, since playing is not really my forte and not something I particularly enjoy either, and every now and then I found myself playing Randbats to the point I'm now maining it, because I can actually dedicate effort in it without overdoing myself or going to the side of me that is toxic as hell and perfectionist (Ever wasted a full week trying to get reqs in a tier because you actually WANTED that 30-0? that's the kind of stuff I tried, failed to and still would do lmao); I really rather just don't play any competitive stuff in general and hunting for trophies in my games :zonger:
And well, now that I found my comfort zone, alongside policy stuff here I can just chill and do as much as I want without feeling myself overcharged (spoiler alert: I will anyway because I like my hobby), and I'm glad I made a lot of friends along the way, alongside especially the people that believe in me enough that would give me these opportunities when I wouldn't ever consider them on myself when I was younger, and I always repay my debts, so for the better or the worse you won't get rid of me that easily :P

To do shoutouts... where to start
Italian gang hiii Mihowk Pissog AtraX Madara -Howkings (ciao Giorgia) Pais Ciro napoli Magmar54 LoSconosciuto and especially Alpha for bearing with me and having my back most of the times <3
I would tag BDSP gang but half of them either quit or are bann- ahem Eve Lily Kris adem R8 dex for the earlier parts of it, Tuthur (wow my favourite french!) Xilefi, TTK and all our staff and ex staff, some of your harder to deal than others, but still a pleasant experience all in all
tour/staff/roa and people that don't belong to a specific category, you're really too fucking many so I won't tag you all but you're in my heart, but to be a biased piece of shit I will tag some (<3) Lumii Arya Theia Finchinator SparksBlade UT ironwater Swiffix Milo Clementine Chloe Kate Mex PrinceOfAllTacos Tranquility Ibby Plushietran Lasen Kennedy and fuck if i keep it up i'll tag half this fucking website make me stop

Amaranth man you deserve a tag all by yourself, amazing friend since our younger years, amazing person and truly one of the GOATs of this hellscape of a site, maronn se ti amo vieni qua

and lastly, even if they're not really here, my two bffs Fatina and Gaby, which also kept me for years and years, playing this game, doing other stupid shit, seeing the worst of me, and I truly couldn't love them more

Well then, off to 10k I go... see you around, in the meanwhile :sphearical:

post some fucking spheal gifs or emojis btw I ain't playing :blobpex:
happy 1,000th and cat birthday person I don't know but do want to know because you seem pretty chill :D

good luck on 10k :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)