So how long until there's a Shoddy Battle iPhone app???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you want it. You KNOW you want it. We'd all love to be able to play shoddy on an iphone while waiting 2 hrs for the train to arrive.

Someone needs to make this happen. It can even by one of those apps that costs like $5.99.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shoddy on the iPhone fails for a number of reasons. Not only is the programming language for the iPhone completely different (ObjectiveC/C++ vs Java), but Apple has a very restrictive app distribution system where you need their approval, and then sell it (I'm not sure if you can put it up for free). At this point, we're at Apple's mercy and if Nintendo complains the app gets taken down. Anyone making the iPhone version of Shoddy would need OSX as well. Jailbroken iPhones are a possibility, but it would satisfy only a very small niche that we're better off not doing that.

Android phones are a much more likely possibility since they're a little less locked down and because they use Java. However, I'm not sure if its possible to download an application then install it to the Android without using their App Store.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Most importantly, there's the fact that somebody has to implement it. If somebody like that is going to come out of the woodwork, all of the source code is available to her or him from the code repository.

rory

T^T
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would also like to note that an easy solution to the "app store is locked down" problem is simply making it a browser based client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)