Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament VIII - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hello guys, it is i, bruno, location elite four. As many others, i enjoy watching people ladder for this tournament whenever i got jack shit going on. However, me and a couple of buddies have noticed a very weird situation going on: the alts this time around seem to have gotten a little crazy. It all started when i tried to look into who yarx could possibly be given his fire record, to then find out it was actually xray twisting his name around. Now, while that does get a little confusing, i suppose it is still not too far away from what is officially asked by the TDs(Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?).
But as you start digging a little big further, you start noticing different tiers of "variation/abbreviation":

tier 1:

For tier 1 we have finch, who keeps it simple and just throws in the end of his username. While this already may seem like a stretch to some, at least finch's case is arguable because the dude has already been harassed by the community for a good decade now. So instead of going any further with this one, i'll just wish you luck, mr tor.

tier 2:

For tier 2 we have the people laddering with literally just a letter. This one's actually what prompted the entire conversation and made us look into how many signups are actually hilarious. I thought giannis was abr too because he kept using his teams and ladders with just lt81ylg A and although i think it is somewhat acceptable giving the bigass name i am unsure what's so bad about just going with giannis

tier 3

then we reach tier 3 which just turns into complete nonsense. First dude makes power unable to signup for reasons unknown, second seems to be addicted to the 2011 game, analytic's case i mean man just has to get a namechange, then we got discount farghl and then idk whats going on in the end.

james has an actual interesting case where he actually is probably more recognizable as james than insult at this point so let's just ignore this 1

at least this guy smashed Star though

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hello guys, it is i, bruno, location elite four. As many others, i enjoy watching people ladder for this tournament whenever i got jack shit going on. However, me and a couple of buddies have noticed a very weird situation going on: the alts this time around seem to have gotten a little crazy. It all started when i tried to look into who yarx could possibly be given his fire record, to then find out it was actually xray twisting his name around. Now, while that does get a little confusing, i suppose it is still not too far away from what is officially asked by the TDs(Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?).
But as you start digging a little big further, you start noticing different tiers of "variation/abbreviation":

tier 1:

For tier 1 we have finch, who keeps it simple and just throws in the end of his username. While this already may seem like a stretch to some, at least finch's case is arguable because the dude has already been harassed by the community for a good decade now. So instead of going any further with this one, i'll just wish you luck, mr tor.

tier 2:

For tier 2 we have the people laddering with literally just a letter. This one's actually what prompted the entire conversation and made us look into how many signups are actually hilarious. I thought giannis was abr too because he kept using his teams and ladders with just lt81ylg A and although i think it is somewhat acceptable giving the bigass name i am unsure what's so bad about just going with giannis

tier 3

then we reach tier 3 which just turns into complete nonsense. First dude makes power unable to signup for reasons unknown, second seems to be addicted to the 2011 game, analytic's case i mean man just has to get a namechange, then we got discount farghl and then idk whats going on in the end.

james has an actual interesting case where he actually is probably more recognizable as james than insult at this point so let's just ignore this 1

at least this guy smashed Star though
Turn 26
LT81YL you forfeited.

LT81YL me won the battle!
LT81YL me's rating: 1510 → 1530
(+20 for winning)
LT81YL you's rating: 1507 → 1487
(-20 for losing)

Battle started between LT81YL you and LT81YL The Floor. (avg rating: 1420)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)