Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament VIII - Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Re: PepeBowie

The rules are very clear in that you are allowed one alt for each cycle. Signing up with 5 different alts and laddering on all 5 of them is very clearly against the rules. It still counts as signing up even if the post has been deleted, since the alt was both registered by the user as well as used to ladder with. The alts have clearly been used, at least for a time.

Result: PepeBowie will be disqualified from Cycle 1 but will be allowed to participate in the other cycles, assuming they only use one alt.

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Re: Sheik :

We've recieved evidence that Sheik :, before deleting their signup, has on multiple occasions tried to convince his opponents to forfeit while laddering for OLT. The ladder games played on OLT nicks are considered tour games, even when playing against a non-OLT alt, so asking those is still against the rules.

Result: Sheik : will be tourbanned for 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Re: Sharifa Airen

They're now forum banned and can no longer participate in OLT, so their alt qualifying is no longer valid.

Result: Per the removal of Sharifa, the 8th place qualifying slot is now a tiebreaker between SoulWind and Tace. Tiebreaks for the 8th place are solved with a SS OU bo3, which should be completed as soon as possible.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Re: Pheo'

Participating in OLT means the games on the ladder are treated as tournament games. This includes playing out the games you start and not forfeiting turn 1. This is especially important close to the cycle deadline as even one game can be the difference between qualifying or not. Intentionally or not, Pheo' forfeiting helped two players to qualify since they didn't have to actually play their games. This isn't acceptable. All qualifying players should do so fairly without outside assistance like this.

On that note, Pierrick is caught in the middle here. They're not in control of what their opponent does during a game, but they also were given a pretty significant boost very close to the deadline that they otherwise would've had to play a regular game to get. There is precedence from Smogon Tour to ignore the result of these games, but that would effectively be a disqualification and not really desirable either. For the sake of fairness to all the players who weren't given a free win to qualify, upholding the current result doesn't really work either, so we need something a bit different here.

Result: Pheo' will be tourbanned for 3 months for throwing important games.

Pierrick will join the tiebreaker SoulWind and Tace are currently in. They'll play each other and whoever goes 2-0 and 1-1 will take the two remaining slots for cycle 2. Deadline here is the cycle 3 deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)