Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament VII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium)

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SS OU rules apply. Any DLC2 releases will not be available for use for the remainder of the tournament.

Semifinals

Tricking vs John W
beatiful vs Separation

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate.

Deadline
Sunday, November 1st @ 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:
Tricking (59%) vs John W (41%) - They're both so good (I also enjoy a lot John W's teams) but Tricking is so insane, he's like the best player on smogon right now and I don't think he'll lose.
Beautiful (65%) vs Separation (35%) - Tbh Bea is one of the best current gen players, he's really creative and skilled enough to take this one.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Semifinals

Tricking vs John W - Shockingly...being a top player doesn’t entitle you to be an asshole to everyone around you, even if you’re “joking”. What we say matters. Tricking winning is a dark timeline for me because he’s just going to set an example that this type of demoralizing behavior is acceptable. It’s not. Of course, Tricking is a good player. He uses creative strategies and makes plays most people don’t even think of to make the chat go LOL for a solid 20-30 minutes every week. There’s a certain level of undeniable skill there, but I can’t say I support the guy anymore. On the flip side, John takes his craft really seriously from building to playing and would be a splendid winner. He has had a rocky run, with a devastating cycle 1 collapse and loss to Chait — man seemed cursed, but when he has not been held back by Lady Luck, he has manned up and won his games impressively. It’s obviously a close series and it’s even more obvious at this point that I’m quite bias, but it’s just a prediction and it’s my prediction and I really hope John wins.

beatiful vs Separation - Amazing series between two promising players. Both have creative ideas, are not afraid to pull the trigger, and may be a big part of the future of SS OU tournaments. Bea has stormed onto the scene with so much confidence. Huge props to him for overcoming some tough opponents to thrive in Snake and here. I feel like he is not worried about the pressure and can rise to the occasion. On the flip side, we have separation. I was low on this guy for a while because his teams didn’t really make a ton of sense to me, but I feel like he has always been a great player and honestly either I’m a bandwagoner or he has began to round into form because it feels like he’s taking more calculated risks than ever before. This series is going to offer a lot to spectators: likely some techs, a ton of fast-paced play, and ultimately a finalist that would’ve shocked just about everyone going into it. Both are super deserving and will likely be back to this stage in tournaments moving forward. I feel like Sepearion defeating Empo and some other trendy players represents a really high level of consistency and I will side with that, but this one’s as close as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)