Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament IX - Playoffs (Swiss) Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium)

This playoff bracket will start as a swiss tournament. As such, you continue playing in this stage until you have won or lost three matches in the playoffs stage.

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SS OU rules apply.

Round 5

2-2
MichaelderBeste2 vs Empo
Ash KetchumGamer vs ronaldo o fenomeno
Star vs myjava
Fusien vs PDC
sugarhigh vs Serpi
Skooma vs Tace

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate.

Deadline
Sunday, October 2nd @ 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:
MichaelderBeste2 vs Empo really hard one but think michael could have the edge in ss
Ash KetchumGamer vs ronaldo o fenomeno if edrala can deliver again he should win this
Star vs myjava interresting mu going with the more proven player here but this could be a nailbiter
Fusien vs PDC if pdc forgets about the punny game and plays like before he got this
sugarhigh vs Serpi obv not unbiased but you can do it bro
Skooma vs Tace think tace is a bit more consistent but can go either way

myjava

is a defending SPL Champion
OUPL Champion
lost to star, ggs

It's pretty disappointing to lose especially after choking away a 2-0 lead, I could have played the last few series a lot better, but I had a lot of fun playing on this big stage vs some great players and it was a really nice experience. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with teams and tests, I appreciate it a lot :heart:

Good luck to everyone remaining!

Fusien

"What do you think, Zach?"
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
With this being my first time qualifying the OLT ladder phase, I didn't know much of what to expect coming into this part of the tour, besides the general info and tour games I had seen in the past. It was hype being in the top 32 of such a big tour and facing very good players, and even though I started up shaky, it was nice to come back and almost qual for top 16. In hindsight, there were times where I could have played less recklessly, but it was awesome to end my run on such a fun and exciting game series this week, and hopefully I'll learn from the errors made and improve for future tours I participate in. Congratulations to everyone who qualified for this tour (a big accomplishment by itself!), and good luck to all the top 16 in their games! And as always, shoutout to all my friends who helped me prep or supported my run, love y'all :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)