Smogon VGC Winter League - Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
:ss/glastrier: :ss/delibird: :ss/glastrier:

This is the player signups thread for VGCWL. Please remember that this tournament will be a 7 week commitment with playoffs included and will end towards the end of January if you chose to signup, so we request that you signup only if you can be active for a reasonable amount of time, or otherwise state any activity issues when signing up. For more information, please check the commencement thread. Please only post player signups in this thread.

If you'd like to join the discussion, check out our VGC-WL-Central channel in the
Smogon VGC Discord.

The metagames that will be featured this year are:
- VGC 2021 Series 11
- VGC 2021 Series 10
- VGC 2021 Series 9
- Battle Festival Doubles
- VGC 2019 / 2018 / 2017 Rotation*
- VGC 2015

Do note: if the old gen rotation slots do not get enough signups they are subject to being replaced.

* You may choose to signup for individual metagames or rotational formats as a whole.

To be considered at auction, you will need to post with the following format:

Name:
Metagames Played:
Timezone:
Potential Activity Issues:
Bio:

You must signup with exactly this format.
We ask for your name (username, not your real name) for organizational reasons and for the auction. The metagames played are those that you have experience in and are capable of playing in a tournament setting. Do not post a metagame that is not one of the featured tiers. Timezone is your local time relative to GMT which helps tell managers how it will be like to coordinate. Inactivity is simply if you have any extensive period of time where you will be unavailable, (for example, gone on vacation for a week) this is incredibly important for the managers to know so that they can do their best to make sure the team doesn't suffer from inactivity. Lastly, we have allowed players the option to include a short bio about themselves. We anticipate that many players signing up don't have much Smogon presence, so this is a fair way for everyone to give a fair impression. Smogon players are more than welcome to use Smogon tournament placements in their bio.

Posting a bio is not required, and if you have no activity issues you may leave that out as well, but filling out all 5 categories to some extent is at least recommended.

An example sign-up:

Name: zeefable
Metagames Played: VGC 2015, Gen 7 Rotation, Series 9
Timezone: GMT -5
Inactivity: 6:45-6:48 on Tuesdays and Sundays. Taking a vacation in the end of December.
Bio: top cut 3 regionals, Knoxville regional 2nd place, spongebob squarepants bikini bottom league champion

The Managers that have been selected for this tournament are:

Raineko & trace - Mistralton Aerial Aces - :swanna:

Kotomi & Helios of Sun - White Forest Weaviles - :weavile:

Teka & Setsuku - Geosenge Glastriers - :glastrier:

raisedintyo & abhayfive - Zui Zoruas - :zorua:

Namuko Pro & HanaS - Santalune Swarm - :vivillon:

Jomatoes & Evelyie - Circhester Cubchoos -:cubchoo:

PLAYER SIGNUPS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL AT LEAST FRIDAY 11/26 IF NOT ONE MORE WEEK

Last edited:

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Name: zeefable
Metagames Played: VGC 2015
Timezone:
gmt -5
Potential Activity Issues: exams? but we all know i have no life at this point
Bio: been playing since 15, cut three regionals with one of them being 2nd place at knoxville 2019. i run the place. won't play gen 8 but I will happily build and test for anyone that needs it

Last edited:

yone

Herv the One.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Name: Hervalt
Metagames Played: VGC 2021 Series 11, VGC 2021 Series 10, VGC 2021 Series 9
Timezone: +1
Potential Activity Issues: None
Bio: V active french player, made top 8 at scouting tournament to play for VR world cup (France) , series 9 main, I also played in smogon PL

Name: NJBDarkrai
Metagames played:
VGC 2021 Series 11
VGC 2021 Series 10
VGC 2021 Series 9
Gen 7 rotation
Battle Festival doubles
Timezone: gmt ±0
Potential activity issues: none at the time of this post, can update in the future
Bio: I'm a senior from the UK and I always want to practice and improve as I have played in many team leagues. My best result was in series 9 where I went 5-0 in the senior players cup and I hope I can be considered to join a team

Last edited:
Name: AletheiaVGC (aldwin96 as alt)
Metagames Played: VGC17-19, Series 9-11 (Most preferred: 1. Ultra Series, 2. Series 10, 3. Series 11)
Timezone: GMT +7
Potential Activity Issues: Work-related stuff, but I work in shifts so I'm still pretty flexible. Only if emergency life-threatening stuff happened which I hope not
Bio:
Played VGC since May 2020, however, twice joined a League with old formats before thus learning previous metagames (last time went 4-1 in a 5 week run 3W 1L in ultra series, and 1W in VGC18, helped practice in VGC17 format as well)
Never played in a regional or internats, although several times top 500 in PS ladder (Series 7, 10, 11; currently 15xx in ladder, peaked at 17xx in Series 7), and played as Indonesian Representative for 2021 WCOP (3-1 score)
- Also nearly top cutting Fall Scrambles but can't seem to find any opponent in the last day (needed just 1 more point)

Last edited:
Name: lavarina
Metagames Played: Series 10, Series 11
Potential Activity Issues: exams and possibly the fact that i might be asleep while everyone is awake, but it do be like that
Bio: baby player but im Trying my best—

Sapphire

♫ Mugen No Ticket ♫
is a Community Leader
VGC Leader
Name: Eeveon7
Metagames Played: VGC 2020/2021 (All swsh series played)
Timezone: GMT - 4
Activity Issues: Just don't ask me to play during school lol
Bio: I merely exist to provide good team/chat presence, but I can technically play Pokemon LOL. Was on Seven Island Stoutlands for Smogon PL. Got Showdown 1800+ for S9

Last edited:
Name: Chrome8
Metagames Played: Series10-11,
Timezone: GMT -6
Inactivity: Exams in mid December and school
Bio: Top Cut 2021 Fall Scramble as the #1 seed in Darkrai flight with a 13-3 record. Top 8 Series 10 kickoff tour. Currently 1600 on series 11 ladder and peaked at 1800 on series 10 ladder.

Last edited:
Name: GoogleDad (SkyFlyHigh on showdown if it matters)
Metagames Played: vgc 2016 till current meta to date
Timezone: gmt+8
Potential Activity Issues: pretty flexible here but would prefer to play on weekends
Bio: I played SPL, some says I won many bad matchups :)

Last edited:
Name: Typhoeus200318
Metagames Played: Played all 3 of series 11,10 , 9 extensively.Also down for BDSP.
Timezone: gmt+5.30
Bio: Due to lack of a switch all my tour finishes come from Mt. Silver which ive top cut 6 out of 8 i have played.I am also a ladder hero (atleast attempt to be) gotten t50 on PS ladder for all of three formats recently getting 3 alts into t100. My team tour experience consists of helping a Gains player fom EGL scout who is currently undefeated. Hoping to be drafted as i want to get better at vgc in general and want to make alot of friends.

Last edited:
Name: Grandmas Cookin
Metagames Played: Everything since 2014, minimal gen 8 experience though.
would prefer to play 15 or gen 7 though.
Timezone: GMT -5
Inactivity: difficulty scheduling with people in timezones drastically different to my own during the week due to a full time job, (weekends im totally free) and will be away from my computer from december 21st to january 1st.
Bio: long time player, coming out of a gen 8 hiatus. ive been playing in tournaments since 2017, and most of my results are from doubles ou not vgc. drafted in SCL I, VGCPL I, and WWT3. i can play support for almost any format.

Last edited:

Zeal

DPL Champion
Name: Zeal
Metagames Played: Gen 7 Rotation, series 11(?)
Timezone: GMT +8
Inactivity: Possibly a week or two in December
Bio: Started in Nov 2017 and top 8 worlds 18. Have played in two (2) 17 tournaments but I’ve always wanted to learn 17 so if I can get some pastes I can perform.

Last edited:
Name: Plopy14
Metagames played: 2021 series 11, 9 and 10, as well as vgc 2019
Timezone: gmt -5
Potential Activity Issues: maybe school? probably not though
Bio: Ive been playing since the age of 12, I won a Ladder tournament ingame back in 2019 ultra series, I happily will build and coach players as well as play with an optimistic attitude, have top cut mt.silver 2 times.

Name: Mirai1
Metagames played: 15,16,17,18, some of 19, series 8,10 and willing to play 9
Timezone: gmt+1
Bio: I´ve never been able to play any tours until series 10 where I t8´ed the only two tours I played, one being a desafio latam. I also got 3 alts to t20 in series 10 but that isn´t much of an achievement

InkVGC

VGC Circuit Champion
Name: Ink
Formats Played: S9, S10, S11, BDSP, I can also play oldgens w support
Timezone: GMT-5
Potential Activity: Towards late January I have midterms
Bio: I've been playing since September 2020 and have some pretty reasonable results - my best performance was in series 10, where I top cut several tours, including t8 fall scramble, and a t8 in a desafio latam. I was also decent at s9 (cut a VR), I can play series 11 but I'm not quite as good at it. I like 15 16 and 19 so let me play them oo.

Last edited:
Name: DarkJorch
Metagames Played: Series 9, Series 10, Series 11
Timezone:
Gmt+1
When I have a full exams week
Bio:
I have been playing since quarentine, i made top 16 at smogon major, won a desafio latam and top4 in another also i was on npa in Ballonlea Mad Hatters and in the last season of Somgon League. I didn't played gen6 and gen7 but if it's need it I can play without problems.

Aldrich

My Teas Gone Cold Im Wondering Why I
is a Community Contributor
Name: Aldrich
Metagames Played: VGC 2019, VGC 2021 Series 9, VGC 2021 Series 10, VGC 2021 Series 11 ,VGC 2016
No Issues
Bio:
One of the most hyperactive guy in this community also can carry your chats and make sure its not dead. Can beat anyone but also loses to anyone. Hypeman extraordinaire and owner of a lot of copy pastas

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Name: Yami
Metagames Played: All
Timezone:
GMT-5
No, just came back from a long ass break from Pokemon
Bio:
Long-time competitive pokemon player on smogon with a lot of team tour experience across different tiers. I always wanted to get into VGC and give it my all playing, building, and cheerleading.

Ron

You can see me everywhere
Name: Ron
Metagames Played: all with support
Timezone: GMT +5.5
Potential Activity Issues: school
Bio: went to semis of the Series 10 kickoff tour and have played various other gens here and there

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Name: Egor
Metagames Played: Series 9, Gen 7 Rotation
Timezone: GMT+3
Potential Activity Issues: first week of the new year
Bio: mostly an OU guy, play BSS on a decent level tho (went 6-0 last BSPL) & have some miscellaenous VGC experience (Russian nationals top cut LMFAO), so I know how to bring-6-pick-X ig

Name: pix
Formats Played: S11, S10, S9, VGC 19 and 17
Timezone: GMT +3
Potential Activity: No, but might be offline during school hours
Bio: I've been playing since August 2020 and have some pretty okayish results
Hit 1800+ in s7 ( which is the same as s9 right? )
I cut some grassroot tours
hit 1600+ in s10 too then stopped for some time
I've got good knowledge on 17 and 19
also playing for apac in dou wcup :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)