(Custom Avatar Prize) Smogon VGC Winter League II - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire

♫ Mugen No Ticket ♫
is a Community Leader
VGC Leader
1670163191327.png

I know a lot of your are super excited for Winter League II, so what better way to get started than with Manager Signups? Manager Signups will be open from December 4 (TODAY) to December 11!!

Winter League II Information:​
  • There will be 8 teams in Winter League II. Teams will field 8 starters and a minimum of 4 substitutes. The max team size is 15.
  • Everyone can apply! Managers who have prior experience in draft leagues will have a higher chance of being selected, but we encourage everyone to apply!
  • We will draft using an auction of 120K credits, with bids starting at 3k.
  • You may choose to sign up with up to 2 assistant managers. Signing up with at least one assistant manager will greatly improve your chances of being selected to manage.
  • You as the main manager are allowed to purchase yourself for 15K credits. This can also apply to up to 1 of your assistant managers. You are not allowed to purchase both of your assistant managers.
  • Format is as follows:
    • 8x VGC 2023 Series 1 (subject to change as series changes)
    • Full ruleset can be found here:
  • We will not be offering retains for Winter League II (can be considered for VGC PL III)
As a manager team, your responsibilities will be:
  • attending the draft and selecting an eligible team of players
  • sending rosters to the commissioner on time weekly (I will not be very happy if you submit it late)
  • resolving any conflicts that arise
  • motivating your team to have a great season!
The managers will be picked by the commissioner (hi that's me) and any VGC forum moderators who are not participating in VGC Winter League II.

Signup Format:
Name:
Team Name:
Relevant Social Media:
Timezone:
Co-manager(s):
Why should you be selected to manage?:

Example Signup 1:
Name:
Eeveon7
Team Name: Mossdeep Mudkips

Relevant Social Media: https://twitter.com/Eeveon7, Eeveon7♪#6561 Eeveon7 on Smogon
Timezone: GMT-5
Co-manager(s): Imagine having friends
Why should you be selected to manage?: Because I'm bad at the game I've been a part of many other VGC team tours before, including every iteration of VGC PL. I am competent at creating (slightly) comprehensive spreadsheets for scouting/tournaments, in addition to having positive chat presence. I'm also the world's best bench-warmer.

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Name: zee
Team Name: Dewford Dozos
Relevant Social Media:
@zeePKMN @z0mogvgc
Timezone: GMT-5/GMT-8
Co-manager(s): EVIL z0mOG
Why should you be selected to manage?: both of us have lots of managing experience and are well integrated into the community to scout talent and put together a competent draft. zomog also made a meme on twitter that hit over 300 likes the last time I checked.

Name: Zelda
Team Name: Kiloude City Kilowattrels
Relevant Social Media: @mihoskies, @ps_yuki @BlueYossi
Timezone: GMT+10, GMT+0, GMT+9
Co-manager(s): yuki snow-pokepoke
Why should you be selected to manage?: Lots of previous draft experience/smogon managing experience between me and Yuki and we are combining our efforts with Snow this time who is interested in teaming up with us to run the team! We are excited to be able to compete as a new team together and try our best to excel in the new format.

Last edited:
Name: JoanGarcia
Team Name: Enju City Suns
Relevant Social Media: @Joan__Garcia_, The10Phoenix. On discord JoanGarcia#8217 and The10Phoenix
Timezone: GMT+1 (Spain and Italy)
Co-manager(s): The10Phoenix
We are experienced managers and we have been playing team competitions (with Smogon Draft Leagues between these) for a long time.
I have been captain on Stootopolis City League on Hau'Oli Forge (finished 2º), EGL Heatran Forge and a former squad with international players, and Francis was a captain on APC, an italian draft league.
We like to help our players to improve and we are willing to be captains for next season and have a great time.

Thanks for considering! Here I drop the logo we are planning to use.

Attachments

Name:
bat

Team Name:
Driftveil Dirges

Co-manager(s):

Megamite
RK_pocoyo

Relevant Social Media:
bat
Megamite
Pocoyo

Timezone:
bat: GMT-6
Megamite: GMT-5
Pocoyo: GMT+7

Megamite, Pocoyo, and I have extensive draft league experience as players and managers. We have all been key pieces in teams that have made deep finishes in team tournaments including winning the entire tour.

All three of us are enjoying Scarlet and Violet and we want to create a welcoming, fun, and competitive environment for players to make friends and learn from each other.

Also we have the best two Master Duel players in the tour unless Adi signs up.

Relevant Team Tour Experience
bat:
Postwick United | NPA Season 11 (Player)
Sunsteel Strikers | SCL Season 1 (Manager)
Hammerlocke Hydreigons | PGL Season 1-3 (Player/Manager)
Hau'Oli City Ohana | VGCPL 2 (Manager)
Ever Grande Ladies | Wacka World Tour 4 (Player/Manager)
Giratina Origin | EGL Season 1-2 (Player/Manager)
Kentucky/Tennesee | USPA Season 1-2 (Player/Manager)

Megamite:
Team Canada 2017 - 2022 | World Cup of VGC (Player/Manager)
Hau'Oli City Ohana | VGCPL Season 1-2 (Manager)
Giratina Origin | EGL Season 2 (Manager)
PGL Season 2 | Swill Bois (Manager)
Tiete River Shell Warriors | APL 2019 (Player)
Team Canada | USPA Season 2 (Player/Manager)

Pocoyo:
Team Indonesia | World Cup of VGC 2022 (Player)
Hau'Oli City Ohana | VGCPL 2 (Player)
Lavaridge Boosters | APAC League (Manager)
Rustboro Robins | PGL Season 3 (Player)
Necrozma Prism | EGL Season 1 (Player)

Last edited:
Name: Teka
Team Name: Empowered Chocodiles
Co-manager(s): Bertigo
Relevant Social Media:https://twitter.com/Bertigo04 https://twitter.com/TeKaVGC
Timezone: gmt-6, CET
We have vast experience in Draft leagues as both managers and players, we learn from our mistakes and want to provide a space for spanish talking players to develop and enter the online community as its often hard due to language barriers. Experience as PGL Manager, Wcup and Copa america managers, Opal League and EGL management, and participated as players in every draft league

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Name: Nails
Team Name: Po Town Gholdengos
Relevant Social Media: https://twitter.com/NailsOU
Timezone: EST
Co-manager(s): Spurrific Grandmas Cookin
Why should you be selected to manage?: VGC Accomplishments: Spurrific has won two regionals, cut 3 international championships, won 6 regional bricks, and qualified for worlds day 2 3 times. I've won two regionals, cut 2 international championships, won 6 regional bricks, and qualified for worlds day 2 twice. Grandmas Cookin won the first series 1 live tournament in North America.

Smogon Accomplishments: I have a long history of solid play in smogon team tournaments, currently in 13th place for total wins on the sheet. I've won 3 World Cups and 1 SPL. Spurrific has a very respectable 17-12 record for himself and won the most recent SCL, and Grandmas Cookin has supported in the past two SCLs.

Past Managerial Experience: I managed the SPL 7 Wolfpack to a 6-3-1 record. Spurrific managed the NPA 10 Monarchs to a 2nd place finish.

Last edited:
Name: Howkings
Team Name: Kyoto Kingambits
Relevant Social Media: Joe: https://twitter.com/JoeUX9, me having only the old enough Smogon account
Timezone: I'm GMT+1, Joe is EST
Co-manager(s): JoeUX9
I'm pretty new to VGC but I'm quite motivated in learning, plus I always demand myself to support every single slot in every tour I manage, and this wouldn't be an exception. I will have to study this pool a little bit, but I think I have the competences to do that, and Joe will be very helpful. I have managed a lot of teamtours in and outside of Smogon with good results, including an official.

As for Joe, I think he needs no introduction and it would be kinda long to list all of his competitive results in VGC. I'll just say he made it to top cut in last World Championship, he's quite well known and appreciated in VGC community, and lately he's been active also on Smogon :heart:

KK.png

Name: Helios
Team Name: Eterna City Flower Tricks
Relevant Social Media:
@HeliosVGC, @Izzy22x1, @gahaku_poke
Timezone: GMT+8, GMT-8, GMT+9
Co-manager(s): izzy22x , gahaku
Hi! I’m Helios, and my co-managers are Izzy22x and gahaku. We are very much motivated in giving our all for managing in this League! As managers, I won the recently concluded Sootopolis City League that had money as a prize, and made it to semifinals in the VGC PL that concluded this year. Izzy also has a fairly extensive managerial experience, having gotten to finals in the previous Winter League, and was also a manager in NPA. Gahaku has not managed in the past, but he has had extensive draft league experience in the past 2 years. He is excited to come onboard with us in a management role! Thank you for considering us.

Logo:
team_logo-1.png

Name: Kylan
Team Name: Glaseado Mountain Greedents
Relevant Social Media: https://twitter.com/PsychedVGC https://twitter.com/DartsVG
Timezone: EST
Co-manager(s): Darts
Why should you be selected to manage?: Both Chris and I have been playing VGC for a few years now and would like to manage a team. In 2022, Chris won NAIC in the seniors division, and I placed 3rd at the World Championships also in the seniors division. My most notable experience with draft leagues includes playing for team Canada in the 2022 World Cup of Pokemon VGC by Victory Road. I had a lot of fun playing that league mostly because the managers encouraged collaboration as well as some level of independence, which likely lead to our success this year. This is what I will strive to achieve as a manager. Hopefully we are granted this opportunity to become better players as well as to get our first experiences as managers and grow during the process.

Last edited:
Name: RyanPbHebert
Team Name: The Spoinks
Relevant Social Media: RyanPbHebert on Twitter and YouTube, KortexVGC on twitter
Timezone: EST and PST
Co-manager(s): KortexVGC
Commissioner for 3, 150+ player draft leagues, with a former manager and player for many more as well (Kortex)

Sapphire

♫ Mugen No Ticket ♫
is a Community Leader
VGC Leader
Thank you so much for all of your applications, we had many strong applicants! Even if your team didn't get selected, we hope you'll join as a player! Here are the selected managers!

Dewford Dozos: zee EVIL z0mOG
Kiloude City Kilowattrels: Zelda yuki snow-pokepoke
Driftveil Dirges: baaaaaat Megamite RK_pocoyo
Po Town Gholdengos: Nails Spurrific Grandmas Cookin
Kyoto Kingambits: -Howkings JoeUX9 NJ11
Eterna City Flower Tricks: Helios of Sun izzy22x gahaku
Glaseado Mountain Greedents: PsychedVGC Darts
Zui Zoruas: Tyo Wille duckpond

Please join the SmogonVGC Discord if you are a manager! Link is here

Player Signups will be up until Friday 16th! Be sure to signup! (and get your friends to as well) Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)