Smogon Tournament #9 - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tornadus-T is allowed this round since I wasn't aware it got banned at the start of the round. Next round, Tornadus-T will be banned.

Tornadus-T is now banned for this round and future rounds.

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
It was banned two days before the beginning of the round... genesect wasn't allowed for the r1 and he had been banned 2 days after the beginning of the tournament.
As we have all been preparing ourselves to play without tornadus, why would it finally be allowed in the middle of the round, I don't get it :/

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
It was banned two days before the beginning of the round... genesect wasn't allowed for the r1 and he had been banned 2 days after the beginning of the tournament.
As we have all been preparing ourselves to play without tornadus, why would it finally be allowed in the middle of the round, I don't get it :/

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yea wait actually why is tornadus-t allowed? I think I and many other players had just assumed it was banned, especially given the way this tournament dealt with Genesect, and started to prepare for a torna-t-less metagame. Just a bit confused here.

EDIT: I also find it a bit weird that it was banned from SPL this week and not OST especially since the rounds were posted at nearly the exact same time.

Aqualouis

is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh btw, I'd like to add that this decision is unfair because 3 matches were already played in a tornadus-t-less metagame.

Aqualouis

is a Contributor Alumnus
Because if they say they won't use it and finally decide to use it, we'll be fucked and we'll be out of the tournament because our opponent won't be breaking any rule. I learnt thanks to shakeitup r3 to be careful about that kind of thing.

Ok, sorry about this everyone but I am going to retract the Tornadus-T being allowed post.

I know that at least one series of games is currently being played with Tornadus-T allowed and I won't invalidate those matches or any others that are being played at present.

Tornadus-T is now banned for this round and future rounds.

I am also going to extend the deadline to accommodate for anyone affected by this change. The new deadline will be Sunday the 3rd of February, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)