Smogon Tournament #9 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
im like the easiest person to find. im on irc all the time. sorry i dont reply to VMs that say. BATTLE ME NOW IM ONLINE when im not even there. Sorry if i dont respond on IRC im obviously afk. The one time you PMd me it was like, 5 AM my time. yeah def not there

btw there is no way i was online when you made that post, i know for a fact im never awake at that time.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/converse.php?u=22409&u2=39329
my last vm with the question to battle.
rems last activity:
Last Activity: Jan 8th, 2013 8:18:30 PM

i dont get why you dont answer to arrange that...

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
VMed Paolo.
VMed Paolo a week ago, he answered me yesterday.

I have exams this week, so I answered him again telling him the times I can play these 2 remaining days.
If he can't play in the times I said to him, it will be difficult to get it done. But I sincerely think we're battling, today or tomorrow.

Activity post

We haven't played because we haven't met at one specific hour, so to meet today or tomorrow, I sent a VM to Fakes with my schedules of today and tomorrow.

I hope we can fight

Activity Win Request

I was paired with Tof for this round. He contacted me on the 2nd of January(time is in UTC +9 unless specified), asking me whether weekend works. Since I was out of town from 29th to 4th of Jan, I told him on 4th that I'm fine with both Saturday and Sunday since I have leisure time at night. I don't really know what happened here but I think since he's waiting at IRC which I don't use while I'm waiting in either smogon forum or showdown, we didn't manage to meet. I think this part was our mistakes since both of us didn't even try to give specific time and place to meet.

Since we didn't get to play on weekends, I'm trying my best to reschedule our battle. I offered him to option, to play after he goes back from work (he seems to be working till 8PM EST) or in the morning before he goes to work. Since we have 14 hours of difference, I on the other hand will be playing during my lunch break or around 9-11PM. While it's a bit troublesome, I do believe that it can work since I manage to do pretty much the same with my 2 previous match-up. But he keep insisted that it's my fault for not showing up at IRC during weekend and never really try to reschedule. That's why I'm giving out this post now, whilst giving him more than 24 hour to respond.

Activity Win Request

I was paired with Tof for this round. He contacted me on the 2nd of January(time is in UTC +9 unless specified), asking me whether weekend works. Since I was out of town from 29th to 4th of Jan, I told him on 4th that I'm fine with both Saturday and Sunday since I have leisure time at night. I don't really know what happened here but I think since he's waiting at IRC which I don't use while I'm waiting in either smogon forum or showdown, we didn't manage to meet. I think this part was our mistakes since both of us didn't even try to give specific time and place to meet.

Since we didn't get to play on weekends, I'm trying my best to reschedule our battle. I offered him to option, to play after he goes back from work (he seems to be working till 8PM EST) or in the morning before he goes to work. Since we have 14 hours of difference, I on the other hand will be playing during my lunch break or around 9-11PM. While it's a bit troublesome, I do believe that it can work since I manage to do pretty much the same with my 2 previous match-up. But he keep insisted that it's my fault for not showing up at IRC during weekend and never really try to reschedule. That's why I'm giving out this post now, whilst giving him more than 24 hour to respond.
yeah, no.

ACTIVITY WIN REQUEST

pm'd this guy week the round was posted. he didn't pm me back until a week ago, and told me his time zone didn't match mine. ok, np, told him we can play on the weekend (either saturday or sunday). never shows up, not on the forum (no pm or vm to me over that weekend) or showdown (considering I was laddering for suspect reqs, i would have seen him if he was on).

i work a lot in the week, people know this, yet i always get my shit done. sorry dude, but you missed the bus on this one. i was on irc as usual, and he didn't respond to my initial pm in a timely manner. if i get home tomorrow evening in a timely manner, i will do my best to get this done, but if not, then i don't know.

Activity Win Request

Posted on my opponents VM page 2-3 days ago and no response, actually it looks like he hasn't even logged on since the 2nd. Oh well, people disappear I guess.

yeah, no.

ACTIVITY WIN REQUEST

pm'd this guy week the round was posted. he didn't pm me back until a week ago, and told me his time zone didn't match mine. ok, np, told him we can play on the weekend (either saturday or sunday). never shows up, not on the forum (no pm or vm to me over that weekend) or showdown (considering I was laddering for suspect reqs, i would have seen him if he was on).

i work a lot in the week, people know this, yet i always get my shit done. sorry dude, but you missed the bus on this one. i was on irc as usual, and he didn't respond to my initial pm in a timely manner. if i get home tomorrow evening in a timely manner, i will do my best to get this done, but if not, then i don't know.
Can you specify the time when you were online on weekend? Even it's weekend, that doesn't mean that I can be 24 hour waiting in front of my PC. And if you know how is it to be busy, please be considerate to other people activities as well. You are not the only one who is busy. I have part time jobs, class, report, homework, and other stuffs too. And while you keep complaining about "weekend", I wasted all my lunch break this week just to wait for you to be online after work, since you told me on Jan 8 (Jan 7 for EST) that you're usually finished your work by 7pm and got home around 8. I also keep waiting every night in case you become online in the morning before going to work. You should understand that I tried my best rather than being ignorant and saying "I don't know", or "miss the bus", or "it doesn't work that way". Just because you're lucky enough to not be busy on the January 2nd, doesn't mean that others are also having a leisure time.

I'm not saying that I'm not at fault; it's true that I didn't message you on the 5th (Saturday) and I'm really sorry about that. I also didn't replied before 4th because I was out of town since as I've told you, I was already out of town before we're meant to battle each other (no way to confirm you before that).

But you also didn't give specified timing about when we can play and you didn't tell me that u're waiting in irc either. While this is can be a lesson for both of us in the future, for the time being, we cannot undone what had happened. So, since you didn't even try to give even a specific 30 mins of your time, I will have to wait for you again all afternoon in front of my computer. As I've written on your wall, I will be waiting from 10AM (8PM ur time). I will be online as long as I can (before my lunch break is over) so please do come. Thank you.

Well, activity post, but not activity win request, because both have been active, but at different times.

I sent another VM yesterday to play today in our afternoon or evening before 7:30 PM (I must go to my basketball training), but I'll try to be after it, at 11 PM

Farmer

But I don't dry tears, I just aim at them on purpose
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Activity Win Request

Sunflora hasn't been on for the last 6 days, and failed to give me any time he could play.

Ok, I'm online now and I'm going to be at most for 30 minutes.

Activity post

I hope he appears

EDIT: I'm sorry, but I was the minutes that I promise, and he hasn't appeared. It's too late here, so I must go to bed.
I think this means that there will a coin flip :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)