Smogon Tournament #9 - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not claim to win, but I agreed with my opponent to play tonight. I'll be up to 11p.m. When you want to contact me private message and we agree to play.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Activity Win Request

Well, when I saw online my opp I talked to him and we scheduled the first/second day to play when we both were at the same time online on IRC because he needed to test more or something like that. I have been there a lot of time all the days( Many people can confirm it ) and I haven't seen him, I haven't seen any post from him either.

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Activity Win Request

I sent a PM to Lowgock on Christmas day to let him know that I would be free to battle him on any day that weekend. I was a little busy around the holidays, but I was 100% free after that. I'm not sure if Lowgock received my PM, because his user status says that he hasn't been online since Christmas. To say that I deserve the win when I know nothing about my opponent other than his username is a bit of a stretch, but at the very least I know that I've made an attempt to show up on the scheduled days, so I can say that I am a little more dedicated to this tournament than he is. Please don't coin flip me, because I'd rather just get an extension if that's possible.

Activity Win Request

I waited until now, and despite the previous post, I have to go away for an unexpected event. We agreed to this evening and did not show up.

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
Activity Win Request

I was supposed to play V4Victini 4 hours ago but he wasn't on at the time we scheduled. I saw him online during the last 2 hours but he ignored my vm (and answered to someone else who sent him a vm later).
I did my best to get it done soon, now I'm pretty busy and V4Victini didn't come at the scheduled time and didn't answer my last vm. If he still doesn't show any interest in this tournament in the next few days, I think that the matches won't be done. If that unfortunately happens, I request the activity win (and I want to remind you that he "won" the first round on a coin flip).
Still no news from him, no posts here from him : he doesn't care about the tournament and I'm leaving now.

Activity Win Request

Well, when I saw online my opp I talked to him and we scheduled the first/second day to play when we both were at the same time online on IRC because he needed to test more or something like that. I have been there a lot of time all the days( Many people can confirm it ) and I haven't seen him, I haven't seen any post from him either.

Errrrrrr I've been on IRC a lot the past week we must just be on at different time zones or in different channels. Like I said the first day I'm on a lot (the past 2 days not withstanding since I've had the flu, where I was still on for several hours each day) and we only talked the once. I'm not saying I've been more active I'm just saying it's a bit of a stretch for you to ask for an activity win without ever trying to contact me aside from like 4 minutes on irc... We agreed we'd do this later mutually and it just never materialized.

Edit: Shot him a PM trying to get this done, guess he got off before he saw it. Anyways I'll be on the rest of the night otherwise I guess activity win request. I've been on everyday since that initial conversation for several hours a day.

Activity Win Request.

While we did not specifically schedule a match NightFox told me when he could play, but he never told me what his alt was, even though I told him mine, despite attempts-which I should have more diligently observed-to battle me. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if he actually was on or not. That is my reasoning.

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
beat meh 1st game, was about to win the 2nd match (up 6-2, maybe 3 turns left), when he disconnected. waiting to see if he wants to replay with same moves, or if he'll just grant me the win. so yeah don't coinflip pls

Ok so

"Activity Win Request"

We got in contact pretty easily, played 2 games and both won one game each. However Pokebasket didn't have a third team and so wanted to play after christmas, since then we have been unable to find a good time for both of us despite both being active.

Activity Win Request
I contacted my opponent on december 18th, I informed him of my time zone and the dates and times I would be able to battle him. On the 25th We scheduled our battle for today between 12-2pm (Gmt-5) and he didn't appear. I have to go in few minutes. So, I think I deserve the activity win. (VM Conversation)
I was going to actually post requesting the opposite. As you can see from looking at our profiles there was some confusion about which simulator we were going to use. Instead of making an attempt to play the match today, (legitimate confusion about yesterday occurred, as you can see I fully attempted to cater to my opponent via the lengthy VM messages on the profiles.) I was completely blown off and ignored the second the first match time was 'missed.'

Usually this would be just a crappy situation, but there's much more. I messaged him shortly after the initial match time explaining what happened.. as you can see for yourself on the VM. Not only was that message seen and ignored, he was online today (including smogon for a long time as I unfortunately saw waiting in vain for him to respond to my VMs) and could have easily battled me. I finally even got Pokemon Online to work, went into the channel he told me to meet him in the day before and asked for him by name. Two separate people in the channel (it was a german channel but they understood english) pointed me out to 'him' but to no response. I'm not saying he ignored me on purpose just to try to get a free win, but I honestly don't know. I mean he even posted asking for a free win before the 'deadline', if that tells you anything.

So in the end, fully knowing he would be around today (the 29th) he decided to ignore my VM explaining what happened on the 28th and stay quiet when I came looking for him. :[

I went out of my way to be very patient and cater to my opponent, I'm sorry to all parties to have to deal with this. I know a smooth tournament is a good tournament.

NightFox

Banned deucer.
Activity Win Request.

While we did not specifically schedule a match NightFox told me when he could play, but he never told me what his alt was, even though I told him mine, despite attempts-which I should have more diligently observed-to battle me. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if he actually was on or not. That is my reasoning.
I told you my available times. Then when i saw you on, i asked you to play but you always replied me the next day. Today you replied an hour and a half after my last vm, then you post and log out. I won't going to lose by activity.

activity win request

i vmd my opponent on the 22nd and received a response the next day with "i need time to re-build teams and will get back to you soon" which never actually happened. i even told him on the 25th when he was online that am ready to play whenever but got no answer. its not like my opponent was inactive for the past days, he logged on everyday yet failed to schedule the series. i had been more active throughout these two weeks and believe i deserve the win.

activity win request

i vmd my opponent on the 22nd and received a response the next day with "i need time to re-build teams and will get back to you soon" which never actually happened. i even told him on the 25th when he was online that am ready to play whenever but got no answer. its not like my opponent was inactive for the past days, he logged on everyday yet failed to schedule the series. i had been more active throughout these two weeks and believe i deserve the win.

Hi. Yes Mostwanted deserves the win. I've just been busy and I haven't had time to play I just have this perma-logged in so yeah. Sorry for not notifying you earlier.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Edit: Shot him a PM trying to get this done, guess he got off before he saw it. Anyways I'll be on the rest of the night otherwise I guess activity win request. I've been on everyday since that initial conversation for several hours a day.
lolong

I talked to you the first/second day and after that you disappeared, so if we have an extension I'll be ok, but pls, don't ask for an activity win when I posted twice an activity post and you didn't even read it......

Edit: and what are you talking about, we are similar GMT, and I was online all my nights and many mornings/afternoons. Don try to get the win or the coin flip posting the LAST DAY.

Ok so

"Activity Win Request"

We got in contact pretty easily, played 2 games and both won one game each. However Pokebasket didn't have a third team and so wanted to play after christmas, since then we have been unable to find a good time for both of us despite both being active.
Oh, are you fucking kidding me?

I sent some VMs to you to meet one day to battle, but you only could play yesterday in my evening, when I've already met with some friends.

I'll be today I think, but I'll be more active than you and I did more things to battle than you.
Also, you haven't posted in this topic until last day, so, please, don't try to win with the coin flip...

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Activity Win Request

I won game 1 vs lokt, and then he said he had to go on holiday. We tried to play yesterday but it didn't work out as I had to leave.

Coin flips:

fitzy72 vs pokebasket
SMERBECK vs llvallejoll
Indra vs Tizio Potente Ao
gengarsnemesis vs mfhoundoom
NightFox vs Organization Member XIV
Chacal vs Fantom0
waffles101 vs goofygubber
Tangela vs pokemon0078
lokt vs Django
Huntofthelion vs Malekith
remlabmez vs Crackstar
Tiffanyy vs The Great Mighty Doom

Onto Round 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)