Finals Smogon Tournament #9 - Finals [Won by gr8astard]

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshe

the best
I had a huge ranting post on the level of my rates in length but fuck that there's no point anymore. this is the worst tournament i have ever witnessed and it puts everyone who's ever won a trophy to shame. i fi had a trophy i would request it be removed for this.

petitioning for no more OST unless something is done to prevent all this shit, i.e. no replays before predictions or hell just DQ them if they play before predictions are in. lol and on the loading teams shit, make them replay different teams. bw is such a shit matchup game that you should have 15+ teams anyway

final say: pathetic

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Guys it's a pokemon tournament, why start all this drama it's fucking pathetic. DU you want a rematch for what ? Winning the trophy and the money ? This is why money shouldn't be in tours, people do everything they can to get this, it's just like other games and sports which are using money and fame for winning. People start cheating, theres nothing called fair play at all, this is ridicoulus please stop it. And DU ofc you could have get the wrong team, but what do we know, it's obvious that we are thinking "cheating" we don't know just bear with it life goes on. I totally understand it sucks, and I would have been pretty pissed my self if what you say is true, but for now I think we should stop the hating and get over it.

gr8 dicked double01, shakeitup dicked aqualouis, tof dicked undisputed, DU dicked tof, then gr8 dicked DU, all very reputable players and people in every respect other than this tournament.

further, I am sure there was a LOT more counterteaming and scouting and ghosting going on that we will never know about, and more shit talking about a fucking children's game than is ever justifiable

at the end of the day NOBODY was a good sport this tournament. gr8 just happened to be the one to win. my guess is enough bullshit happened that no matter who won the tournament, we'd still be calling it a disgrace.

so why hate on gr8astard when in reality everyone is guilty, and why hate this much when at the end of the day we are all still talking about a hobby.

also gr8 please just go decline the 3ds so that everyone can shut the fuck up
So true... Honestly in this OST, nobody deserve the win more than someone else.
And even if Dunk hadn't taken a low tier team, there would still the same haters.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
@BROStime: I want a rematch because I think I deserve the chance to fight for the tournament, but that sadly won't be possible because of a bug.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wow.

I have been lurking this tournament like ... forever. This stuff is supposed to be like the Mecca of the pokemon competitive scene.

No I'm not a competitive tournament player (yet), nor do I intimately know any of you guys, what i'm saying is purely from the point of view of a spectator and someone who looks up to people on the highest level of competitive play.

Disappointing.
I'm sad that I've lost some respect and awe I held for the scene. No I am not claiming to know the intricacies of top level of pokemon play and tactics, but sure as hell I have a sense of fairness and sportsmanship.

Seeing all this avarice and base cunning in a simple competition, and the mudslinging that followed. This is sure as hell NOT what I expected it to be.

Congrats gr8astard, I have been following the matchups and you played some fantastic games, no one can deny that. Too bad it had to end this way.
Congrats to DU too for making this far. Hard luck. Stuff happens, I am no one to comment on that.

I hope the situation improves.

Guys it's a pokemon tournament, why start all this drama it's fucking pathetic. DU you want a rematch for what ? Winning the trophy and the money ? This is why money shouldn't be in tours, people do everything they can to get this, it's just like other games and sports which are using money and fame for winning. People start cheating, theres nothing called fair play at all, this is ridicoulus please stop it. And DU ofc you could have get the wrong team, but what do we know, it's obvious that we are thinking "cheating" we don't know just bear with it life goes on. I totally understand it sucks, and I would have been pretty pissed my self if what you say is true, but for now I think we should stop the hating and get over it.
Why shouldn't he get a fair (re)match? If he were to just give away a win like that what would be the whole point of this finals. If what you're saying by "A rematch for a trophy and money", then theres no point in this whole tourney or ANY tourney in general.

coR.

Banned deucer.
gr8 dicked double01, shakeitup dicked aqualouis, tof dicked undisputed, DU dicked tof, then gr8 dicked DU or maybe DU just tried and failed to dick gr8, we'll never know. all very reputable players and people in every respect other than this tournament.
indeed, everybody is a dick imo.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lets be real now....it's not like we didn't know gr8 was a bastard going into this tournament......lols

lamppost: hey stone can you give me a guide on how to play Darius he's a hard champ.

@BROStime: I want a rematch because I think I deserve the chance to fight for the tournament, but that sadly won't be possible because of a bug.
An imperfect solution could be giving gr8 the 3DS no matter what and have the series finished in order to have a tournament a little less terrible. Especially since gr8 doesn't seem to care that much about the trophy and DU already has a 3DS.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Coming here to echo Phil's / Loki's posts... absolutely atrocious. No respect.

An imperfect solution could be giving gr8 the 3DS no matter what and have the series finished in order to have a tournament a little less terrible. Especially since gr8 doesn't seem to care that much about the trophy and DU already has a 3DS.
Yeah but DU wasn't keeping it for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)