Finals Smogon Tournament #8 - FINALS [Won by Snunch]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Grats snunch buddy I'm hella proud of you. And to peachy you've definitely showed through spl and st8 your one hell of a battler. great job both of you!

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
congrats snunch!
wanted peachy but gj anyway to the both of you, I know I could never make it that far!

gg snunch, congrats, you deserved that trophy

I never thought that I would be in the position I am now after about a little more than a year of playing pokemon as a whole and about 7 month of competitive battling. Pokemon was just suppose to be a side thing but eventually I got sucked into the community, met quite a few good friends that made me want to stay.

I want to thank everyone who supported me and helped me with teams especially my SPL team, the people I know from Serebii, and a few close friends on smogon. You guys were the reason why I wanted to get that trophy, I'm sorry I wasn't able to do it. There are a few people in particular I'd like to thank.

First of all I want to thank Lizardman and Dragonuser for team help during my match against Uraga and being there for me to test teams. Secondly I want to thank Limitless and Dracomalfoy for helping me test and create teams in my match against Snunch. Dracomalfoy was my adv tutor but still offered to help me for BW OU and through him I was able to meet with limitless who helped me run countless tests to get me ready for the finals. Lastly I want to thank my SPL team, since they motivated me and helped me test teams throughout my ST8 run. You guys trusted me in SPL, believed I would win in ST8, and you guys were a great group of friends. I felt rather lonely on smogon since I didnt really belong to a group until I met you guys and although we didnt have a great season it was still a lot of fun.

My only complaint is not being able to see Gorebyss get off that Shell Smash, I ran Max HP Max Spdef Calm nature so I think that tbolt crit mattered but im not sure. Even if that mattered, I'm a little disappointed in myself. I had a lot on my mind but I just didn't play as well as I should have. I thought about quitting if I won or at least semi-retiring to focus more on college but losing just makes me hungry for another trophy run. I hope to have the chance to do something like this again, except next time I'll win. :)

Ab0ut a year ago, I beat Reyscarface in spl, and people were shocked that I had managed to win one game. It's crazy what can happen in a year. Too bad Rey has rescinded his earlier comment about quitting, but nobody ever expected him to keep to his word anyway. No word yet on whether Aldaron will quit.

Anyway this is my obligatory shoutout post so here it goes. First, thanks to thatsjustpeachy for being a good sport even though I got a little lucky. I had to take a number of chances on 80%s and 60%s that I normally hate doing, and if the RNG had swayed a little bit more towards her favor, there would at least be a game 3 if not a different trophy winner.

Second, thanks to the PR Pirates, Tournament Director Discus Throwers, Smog Frogs, Suggestion Hawks, Smeargle's Studio Smeargles, Grammar Pros, and the Congregation of the Classiest for being a very supportive and fun SPL team to play with. Even though our record was poor we still fought hard, learned from each other, and bonded with people we hadn't met before. This was the most fun I've had during a team tournament yet, thanks for making this so good. Maybe next time we won't lose every 6-5!

Third, thanks to team US EAST for welcoming me with open arms when I was a stranger to most of you. The second I joined your channel you guys were immediately fully supportive. I have never seen such kindness on IRC and I'm excited to play / win with you guys when WCOP starts.

As for individual shoutouts, first one goes to ToF because he has demanded it since quarterfinals. You're a real leader, something we don't have very many of on Smogon. I look forward to seeing just how half-hearted your upcoming quit is and how quickly you'll return. Thanks for building all of my teams and ghosting every turn for me. The rest are in no particular order. Thanks to Noodlez for helping me test since semis and being the primary teambuilder for the team I used game 1, even when I kept losing with it you convinced me to stick with it and it eventually became pretty good. Thanks to Lamppost, Stallion, and PDC for helping me build the team I used game 2. You guys had really good ideas and kept the team grounded when I would have just gone off the deep end with it. Special thanks to Lamppost for being one of my go-to guys for testing. Even when I had bad teams (most of the time), you were always available and willing to give feedback. Thanks to Grind_Pantera, the most badass motha fucka i ever met. Thanks to Eo, Yondie, ifm, Heist, PKGaming, Nails, Alice, Earthworm, Symphonyx64, all of the aforementioned people, and the 1092455 people that aren't on and are slipping my mind atm for being there when I needed to test and putting up with my bad teams. Thanks to Stone_Cold, MS, and Undisputed for believing that I was better than my 2-10 team tournament record when they drafted me and allowed me to meet a lot of the people that I'm mentioning in this post. Thanks to kd24 for showing me how to not play pokemon. If I forgot you here please let me know and I'll edit you into the post!

ggs peachy, here are the logs from my perspective with the teams at the beginning:
game 1
game 2

Oh right I forgot this

PLAY BW UU

Congratulations Snunch! Good job to Thatsjustpeachy as well.

Results for the prediction tournament will be up shortly.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this tournament and made it a success!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
YEAH SNUNCH, congrats my boy :)

Edit 1: I'm pretty stoked our Rock Gem Terrakion team came through! And thankyou for both my shoutouts (as Stallion and MS xD)! We've (being those who properly know you) known it for awhile but even though you're fun to treat as a gimmick, you've always had a lot of skill and now you have a well deserved trophy to show the world that you are one of the best battlers going around!

Edit 2: O....you didn't even use Terrakion xD, our Jirachi set saw good use though!

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Gratz Snunch and gj peachy for making it to the finals.Kinda disappointed with the second game though.Smashpass? Srsly?

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Since locopoke seems to be banned, I guess it is left to me to welcome you, Peachy, to the ranks of Smogon Tournament Runners-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)