Finals Smogon Tournament #8 - FINALS [Won by Snunch]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Tournament #8

Tournament Rules | Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Round 6 | Round 7 | Semifinals

Welcome to the finals of the eighth official Smogon Tournament. Each year, hundreds from all around the world join this prestigious tournament. Considered by many to be the pinnacle of Standard OU play, the tournament is one of Smogon's longest standing traditions, with the first being held back in 2005. Over the past three months, two players have risen from the original 512 and now they will face off against each other, fighting tooth and nail to become the eighth holder of the Official Smogon Tournament trophy.

Final Match

Snunch vs Thatsjustpeachy

Replays

game 1
game 2

Comments

"I think it’s a shame that the first subject that arises when ThatsJustPeachy is brought up is her gender. It’s a sign of how sexist our community has become, or perhaps has always been. It would be great if the maturity level of Smogon as a whole could evolve beyond our currently chauvinistic attitude and we could instead see her as a good Pokemon player first rather than a pair of peaches behind a computer screen. It's also interesting to note how this community splits between misogyny and female-worshipping with regards to this subject; I personally believe that both are different reactions to the same thing: IRL female rejection.

As for Snunch, I am personally rooting for him to penetrate Peachy’s orchard and shower us with her juices of victory." ~ Eo Ut Mortus

"Here we are, the finals. I'm sure nobody could have predicted that these two players would make the finals of ST8. We have Snunch, someone who was practically considered a joke in early 2011 after his shocking SPL2 record and unruly behaviour. He has now completely turned things around with a very respectable 5-2 in SPL3, as well as beating the clear favourite to win the tournament last round. On the other hand, we have Thatsjustpeachy, the second ever female player to reach the finals of an Official Smogon Tournament. Like Snunch, she has a formidable SPL3 record, having gone 5-1 while playing BW OU and BW RU for the Tigers. Will Peachy follow in the footsteps of cholena to become the second ever female winner of the Official Smogon Tournament, or will Snunch prove once and for all that he isn't just a gimmick?" ~ Earthworm

"Of the myriad disciplines I abide by in my life, I stand strong in the decisions I make. So when told by SPL Waterboy for the Congregation of the Classiest, Eo Ut Mortus, that picking up Snunch would be a nefarious action that I would have to live with for the rest of my life, I was hesitant. However, after many long nights of tutoring, and team building with Classiest superstar, ToF, we molded and crafted what many consider to be a 'Sprinkles' replica, into a replica of 'Stone_Cold22'. With Snunch's newfound knowledge of pokemon, this Seattle phenom is sure to expose Peachy for the fraud she is, just as I exposed Tiffany, for the Tanner he is." ~ Stone_Cold, Manager of Snunch's Smogon Premier League team

"Any time Peachy gets more than 5 ko's and holds the other team below 6 kos, she almost always wins." ~ tennisace, Manager of Thatsjustpeachy's Smogon Premier League team

"Snunch has long been an ongoing joke in the competitive community and he probably still will be if he manages to lose to a woman" ~ Atticus, Interviewer for The Competitor

Deadline

There's no strict deadline, but it would be great if the two of you could play on or before March 4th.

Good luck!

P.S. Thanks again to Zracknel for creating the logo I have posted at the top of every thread!

P.P.S. Thanks to everyone who contributed highlight matches / match descriptions / comments throughout the tournament, especially Eo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)