Smogon Tournament #7 - Round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Smogon Tournament #7

Welcome all to this year's edition of the Official Smogon Tournament. As you all know, this is our premier Standard OU tournament, held each year to crown a sole champion of our standard metagame. On the line is a trophy, bragging rights and a place in Smogon history... let's just say if you walk out of this thing on top, you are kind of a big deal.

How to Join or Host a Tournament

Registration Thread

Prediction Thread

Rounds: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Specific Rules

• This is a standard DPP OU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Shoddy Battle (CAP Server) OR Pokemon Online (Smogon University or Pokemon Online Server). I only say this because the timer does not yet work properly on Smogon University, so PO might be a better bet. Also note, Shoddy does not have the newest event moves whereas PO does.
Standard Rules and Clauses

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Uber Clause: Pokemon that are in the Ubers Tier are not allowed to be used. The tier list can be found here.

Questions and Answers
  • Q: Should I save a log of my match as proof of my victory?
    • Yes. While it is not mandatory to show us the log of your victory, it is the only proof you have in the case of a dispute and it is always a good practice to keep the logs of your tournament matches.
  • Q: Will there be a Predictions Tournament like last year?
    • Yes. It is linked at the top of this thread. Hurry and submit your predictions, and be sure not to battle before the prediction deadline is up!
  • If I was rejected, can I at least sign up as a sub?
    • A: No.
    --------NEW!!!---------
  • Q: What happened to Self KO Clause?
    • It was agreed upon in Policy Review here that the clause was "uncompetitive". As a result, if a match ends in a tie, it will count as though no match occurred. This means another match must be played, with whatever team you wish.
Finally, after much debate, it was decided that this years edition of the tournament will be Best of Three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. Players are allowed to switch teams completely between games, or use the same team, it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted battle and action will be taken accordingly, either an activity win or a coin flip.

Rulings

Last, here are some rulings to cover any and all possible disputes that could arise, as we know people like to find loopholes:

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

If you have any questions, please PM them to a Tournament Director. If they aren't answered by this thread, then I will add it to the Questions and Answers section of this thread.

With all that out of the way, let's get to the pairings!

PAIRINGS:

Golden Sun vs imperfectluck
PttP vs Nachos
TV-Rocka vs IronBullet93

SUBSTITUTES:
None. No more subs will be allowed into the tournament after Round 1.

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 27 at 11:59pm EST. This is a hard deadline and there will be no extensions. With such a large amount of people playing, we will not be considerate if you have not completed your battle. If your battle is incomplete, you run the risk of losing to a coin toss.

If your battle is incomplete and the deadline is approaching, send a Tournament Director a PM saying why you haven't done your battle. We will use these to judge activity, and will call matches if one person has been much more active than the other.

Who will be the undisputed king of DPP? It's time to find out. Good luck everyone!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DO NOT BATTLE UNTIL 48 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF THIS POST TO GIVE TIME FOR PREDICTIONS

Predictions coming soon

Vaz said:
Fine, here's how we do it.

Look,

You bash and trash like your better than me,
but I'm the one banging your mom for free!
Next you go give her a hug,
check the left one I gave it a big tug.

You hang around with your friends for kicks,
but you're the guys sucking on each others' dicks!
Go in a fight by yourself don't call your boy friends,
don't you get enough of each other holding hands?

Now you copy my avatar sig and style?
yeah you wish you were me man there ain't no denial!
Get your own shit grow some balls,
cause you ain't gettin' girls calls!

Honestly man, get your dick riders out of here,
no one likes them you fucking queer.
my mom is dead

someone is angry they dont have any friends to back them up :jump:

Thanks, bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)