Smogon Tournament #7 - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Smogon Tournament #7

Welcome all to this years edition of the Official Smogon Tournament. As you all know, this is our premier Standard OU tournament, held each year to crown a sole champion of our standard metagame. On the line is a trophy, bragging rights and a place in Smogon history... let's just say if you walk out of this thing on top, you are kind of a big deal.

How to Join or Host a Tournament

Registration Thread

Prediction Thread

Specific Rules

• This is a standard DPP OU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Shoddy Battle (CAP Server) OR Pokemon Online (Smogon University or Pokemon Online Server). I only say this because the timer does not yet work properly on Smogon University, so PO might be a better bet. Also note, Shoddy does not have the newest event moves whereas PO does.
Standard Rules and Clauses

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Uber Clause: Pokemon that are in the Ubers Tier are not allowed to be used. The tier list can be found here.

Questions and Answers
  • Q: Should I save a log of my match as proof of my victory?
    • Yes. While it is not mandatory to show us the log of your victory, it is the only proof you have in the case of a dispute and it is always a good practice to keep the logs of your tournament matches.
  • Q: Will there be a Predictions Tournament like last year?
    • Yes. It is linked at the top of this thread. Hurry and submit your predictions, and be sure not to battle before the prediction deadline is up!
  • If I was rejected, can I at least sign up as a sub?
    • A: No.
    --------NEW!!!---------
  • Q: What happened to Self KO Clause?
    • It was agreed upon in Policy Review here that the clause was "uncompetitive". As a result, if a match ends in a tie, it will count as though no match occurred. This means another match must be played, with whatever team you wish.
Finally, after much debate, it was decided that this years edition of the tournament will be Best of Three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. Players are allowed to switch teams completely between games, or use the same team, it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted battle and action will be taken accordingly, either an activity win or a coin flip.

Rulings

Last, here are some rulings to cover any and all possible disputes that could arise, as we know people like to find loopholes:

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

If you have any questions, please PM them to a Tournament Director. If they aren't answered by this thread, then I will add it to the Questions and Answers section of this thread.

With all that out of the way, let's get to the pairings!

PAIRINGS:

Blackhawk11 vs panamaxis
tblakey89 vs Erebyssial
Sixonesix vs Veteran In Love
Tyler vs KidX
Eo Ut Mortus vs macle
Expert Evan vs Maaf
Xiang vs Lakers
Mizuno vs ToF
Atticus vs LORY99
Raseri vs Boudouche
Gouki vs Echo.
PttP vs Grimm70
ZandgaiaX vs NailsOU
Seven Deadly Sins vs symphonyx64
JabbaTheGriffin vs Geezar10
Iconic vs bugmaniacbob
AndViet vs monkfish
Seriin vs Pharaoh
IK. vs apologies
DarkLucario vs imperfectluck
christos21 vs marioland
Gil4 vs Fluffy Bird
MazeL vs .CarloO~
shade vs Giga Punch
Sarenji vs srk1214
eaglesrock vs Kaxtar
marcelodk vs Chronicles
reachzero vs Nauar
TV-Rocka vs TONY MONTANA
Smith vs M Dragon
zorbees vs Aeroblacktyl
JewishAccountant vs 199 Lives
snorlax vs Venser
Herocross vs Kevin Garrett
Salad vs Nachos
skarm vs Scimjara
Flamestrike vs Tomahawk9
StevenSnype vs Sparko
reyscarface vs TheFourthChaser
Kazak vs ThePatriot
EpicTurtle vs Bartman101
Delta 2777 vs Stallion
pokefreak77 vs CTI
Optimusje vs Malfunction
Towelie vs Taylor
Ginku vs gmax
TheSpartan vs Ditto
george182 vs kuja20
EspyJoel vs darksoulSP
tophway vs Bobtheball4
Vaz vs Reverb
Jcpdragonx vs Windsong
ssbbm vs Philip7086
Ala vs Buba
HerbieTG vs .Kyuusei.
The_Chaser vs ShinyAzelf
Delko vs wilson46
Chris is me vs AlphaSpade
WhiteQueen vs Scofield
NatGeo vs DetroitLolcat
Marcurcio vs LonelyNess
Zak91 vs kd24
Class vs Disposable Puppets
goofball vs Ciele
obi vs IronBullet93
Faladran vs San_Pellegrino
Dubulous vs Dr.Fleischmann
Golden Sun vs cosmicexplorer
aziki vs vashta
Alaka vs franky
6A9 Ace Matador vs Firesong
_Rewer_ vs _AlexiS_
zfs vs Aqualouis
SlimMan vs Lady Bug
Light-Kun vs noobiess
Private vs Manafii101
Tsubasa-kun vs FM
Yondie vs Smurf.
Blazin Kickin Chicken vs Calciphoce
tito vs BnE
CriCri95 vs Flamewheeler
Sledge vs BlisseyofDoom
smashlloyd20 vs Athenodoros
LiNAInVeRsE vs Gabe
HBK vs lambasto
B-Lulz vs masterful
Engineer Pikachu vs husk
megaman12 vs SilentRevolver
Heist vs shartruce2
Eternal vs SilentEcho
TheMoe vs Ninja-persian
sasu vs Picollo
Krack vs bubbly
Folgorio vs Dark Abyss
Cooltrainer vs Unreality
The Wolf vs No. 1 Machop Fan

SUBSTITUTES:
None. No more subs will be allowed into the tournament after Round 1.

The deadline for this round is Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 11:59 EST. This is a hard deadline and there will be no extensions. With such a large amount of people playing, we will not be considerate if you have not completed your battle. If your battle is incomplete, you run the risk of losing to a coin toss.

If your battle is incomplete and the deadline is approaching, send a Tournament Director a PM saying why you haven't done your battle. We will use these to judge activity, and will call matches if one person has been much more active than the other.

Who will be the undisputed king of DPP? It's time to find out. Good luck everyone!

Dag, yo. I got a well-known person this time (no offense, ruben).
Oh well, maybe I'll get haxy or something.

Will contact Lady Bug shortly.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I forgot to post this, hopefully people see it:

DO NOT BATTLE UNTIL SATURDAY, JANUARY 8, 6:00PM EST (aka 48 hours) TO GIVE PEOPLE TIME TO MAKE PREDICTIONS

The Round 2 predictions thread will be up soon, check the tournaments section and get yours in!

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
I will contact monkfish as soon as possible, and good match-ups for the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)