Smogon Tournament #6 Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Smogon Tournament #6 Round 2

Head Judges: Sonuis, Aeolus
Flunkies: Other Tournament Directors
Guest Judge: Jimbo!

How to Join or Host a Tournament

Smogon Tournament #6
Smogon Tournament #6 Round 1

Smogon Tournament #6 Predictions thread

Welcome to the Smogon Tournament #6 Registration Thread! Here, you will learn all the information you need to know in order to understand and participate in the sixth Smogon Tournament!

What is Smogon Tournament #6?

Smogon Tournament #6 is the official Smogon Tournament which recognizes one person whose skill is greater than everyone on the Smogon Forum! It is a standard OU tournament that Smogon runs once a year to test players in the current meta game! However, getting in is slightly stricter than getting into most other tournaments.

Joining Rules
  1. You must have a good standing title on Smogon. This means you cannot have the "I Could Be Banned!" status under your nickname.
  2. If you have just registered at Smogon, you cannot join this tournament. This requirement may be avoided if you have made a sufficient number of quality posts, which will be determined by Sonuis. Similarly, if you have been inactive over long periods of time, then you may be disallowed to join. The reasoning for this rule is that we are trying to make sure nobody will be inactive over the course of the tournament.
  3. If you have registered with a join date for quite a few months at Smogon but lack posts, your eligibility will be put into question due to your idle time. You can't call it lurking for six months to a year. We'll determine if you're active enough to join.
If you discover that your post was deleted that had your registration for Smogon Tournament #6, that means you were rejected from joining. You broke a rule from the above. Do not post asking to register again if your first post was deleted. There will be a 256 player cap. All registrations after that will turn into substitute slots. There will be a need for substitutes.

Specific Rules

• This is a standard OU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Shoddy Battle.
Basic Battle Rules
  • Species Clause
    • You cannot have more than one of the same species of a Pokémon on your team.
      • Example: You cannot have two Charmander on your team.
  • Uber Clause
    • Pokémon in the Uber Tier list are not allowed to be on your team.
      • Latias is not considered a part of the Uber Tier. Manaphy and Garchomp are part of the Uber Tier
  • Sleep Clause
    • You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokémon asleep at the same time.
  • Evasion Clause
    • A Pokémon cannot use Double Team or Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause
    • A Pokémon cannot use Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
  • Self-KO Clause
    • If both players are down to one Pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both Pokémon to force a tie.
      • Should a move which causes recoil damage ends the game in a tie, then the match will be redone.
        • Shoddybattle does not have ties. So, always calculate the recoil damage before deciding the winner if it comes close to the situation.
  • Soul Dew Clause
    • A Pokémon is not allowed to hold Soul Dew.
Questions and Answers
  • Q: Do I need to save a log of my match as proof of my victory this year?
    • No. All the logs are stored on the Smogon Official
  • Q: Will there be a Predictions Tournament like last year?
    • Yes. It will be hosted by Hipmonlee.
  • If I was rejected, can I at least sign up as a sub?
    • A: No.
  • What do I do if my opponent disconnects? Am I obliged to give a rematch?
    • Get into contact with a Tournament Director and explain the circumstances to them, then explain what you would like to do. If a dispute is raised, have a log ready to show so that a final decision can be made with full knowledge of the situation to maintain maximum fairness. If a rematch is to occur, explain the conditions of the rematch that you wish to enforce (eg. same teams, same moves) BEFORE the match begins to the Tournament Director. Appeals may be issued to Aeolus in extreme situations. Revisions of Tournament Direction decisions will be extraordinarily rare.
  • If I win my match, in the next round, am I allowed to use a different team?
    • Yes.
Pairings

brksocsc vs Arin
Aeroblacktyl vs Rotom
Eo Ut Mortus vs HD
Tsubasa-kun vs wraith
Giant Enemy Crab vs Ooka
LonelyNess vs MixMence
Mosh vs Joel
eric the espeon vs Intro1827
Bad Ass vs ala
Fabbles vs E.A.
tripe vs Sharpedo1114
Subtle Enigma vs iss
DarkLucario vs The Shadow Knight
undisput3d vs Relient
apologies vs Mien.
adub_banded vs Ryo
xianglongfa vs .Baris.
imperfectluck vs Black Buddha
Deep Thought vs Broth3r
dragon9owns vs DaPlayaFlow
j. franky vs Nauar
Yondie vs Sapientia
tacho vs Solstice
Game Freak201 vs Seven Deadly Sins
Tyler422 vs mohaji
Bojangles vs Kinneas
Blue_Tornado vs muramusaw8
The Swamp vs M_Dragon
dbolt vs symphonyx64
Stathakis vs reyscarface
Coronis vs Mizuno
Beef 2.0 vs Jimbo
zorbees vs ThePatriot
TheFourthChaser vs Broken Wing
Disposable Puppets vs Alakapimp
august vs romeojustdie
Itsuki vs HSA
Delta 2777 vs Towelie
Hipmonlee vs Agaki
fuzzy vs Fuzznip
Krack vs goofball
zerowing vs Dragonknight!
B-Lulz vs ZandgaiaX
Bobtheball4 vs Junior
TanzAufDemVulkan vs Phyres
A.P vs The_Chaser
Bogmire vs MetaNite
-Marcelll- vs tennisace
batpig vs Ace Matador.
minotaur vs Tenzuku
Atticus vs rojo23
TAY vs alive
Binabik vs reachzero
DarkLynx vs _Flygon_
panamaxis vs Stone_Cold
Takua vs Zak91
obi vs vashta
-Mind- vs Earthworm
hanke vs The LegendKiller
zarator vs Crossfire
Lakers vs Kaxtar
Huntofthelion vs Thorns
dachickens vs Ashley
Kyogre95 vs Pidge

DO NOT PERFORM ANY OF YOUR MATCHES UNTIL SUNDAY, JANUARY 24TH, 6:00 PM EST! This is for predictions reasons.

DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 7th, 8:00 PM EST

Post your results in this thread after your battle is completed!

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ATTENTION

Remember: You are not required to send in logs as proof of your victory. Opponent confirmation would be nice though. If there is ever a complication, we can immediately access the log from Smogon U or CaP. Which I hope gives you the hint of: Don't send logs to Jimbo.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Lost to HD in a battle spoiled a little by hax on both sides and a certain obnoxious Mexican spectator. GG though.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Wow...just wow...

That was an unbelievable (and haxless) match, best one I've had in ages, I won by 4hp o.o

Great game Stone Cold, that was hella good!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Wow...amazing match pana. Words can't describe how awesome it really was. If I gotta leave this tourney early, I would like to leave on a note like that. 1% game..and it was just...I am speechless. Hella good indeed haha.

Good luck in your remaining matches bro.

Beat Ashley 1-0 in a mediocre game with slight misplays on both sides that was accentuated by his 3 misses with an 85% accuracy move. GG anyways.

Confirming I lost, mostly due to 3 important misses and a pretty important burn, among a couple of other things. Good luck in future rounds.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heh will pm ZandgaiaX soon but probably won't get the match done till after Thursday due to exams.

Yeah, underdogs are rampaging already :x

We didn't manage to battle yesterday, so it will probably be done only in the weekends. A 10 hour difference is tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)