Smogon Tournament #5 - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks that i wasn't able to send any predictions this round seeing as this was the deciding point of the prediction tournament. =/

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay Zak dc'ed the second I started to gain the advantage in the battle. It was 6-6 but I was definitely about to get at least one kill definitely more if I won a speed tie. I only saw 5 of his Pokemon, but none of them could break through my team. He had 2 under 50% and 2 were essentially useless against my team. He dc'ed the second after I revealed my team's big secret and started doing some real damage. If we were to rematch I couldn't use the same team because it relies on that secret so I'd have to use another team which quite frankly is bullshit.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Okay Zak dc'ed the second I started to gain the advantage in the battle. It was 6-6 but I was definitely about to get at least one kill definitely more if I won a speed tie. I only saw 5 of his Pokemon, but none of them could break through my team. He had 2 under 50% and 2 were essentially useless against my team. He dc'ed the second after I revealed my team's big secret and started doing some real damage. If we were to rematch I couldn't use the same team because it relies on that secret so I'd have to use another team which quite frankly is bullshit.
I expected this last battle of Round 5 to be good, I guess Sonuis is going to have to decide the winner of this one. Too bad.

Zak91

Silent waters run deep
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 9 Champion
At that point the game was wide open for anyone to win and to be honest i think i could of won, yes you had a advantage which of been 6-5 in your favour if i didn't get d/c'd but i would of revenged kill the next turn to make it 5-5, i had 1 "under 50%" but that poke could have rested up on several of your pokes and also i had 2 pokes that you couldn't really touch of mine.

A rematch is the best option in my opinion but i guess we'll have to see what Sonuis says.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You would have had a 50% chance at bringing me low enough to revenge kill and if you didn't pull that you were losing a hell of a lot more. Your dc was way too fucking convenient. If you had dc'ed at any point earlier I would have been perfectly fine with a rematch but the timing was so suspicious. And it came at the moment where you were going to lose at LEAST one Pokemon to my surprise, but now that you know the surprise if we played again it would do jack shit.

Zak91

Silent waters run deep
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 9 Champion
You would have had a 50% chance at bringing me low enough to revenge kill and if you didn't pull that you were losing a hell of a lot more. Your dc was way too fucking convenient. If you had dc'ed at any point earlier I would have been perfectly fine with a rematch but the timing was so suspicious. And it came at the moment where you were going to lose at LEAST one Pokemon to my surprise, but now that you know the surprise if we played again it would do jack shit.
I had already brought that poke down to around 55% iirc and if you had got to kill a poke of mine, i would have revenged you and if you switched i don't see the chances of it setting up again.

Also i had seen your whole team and you only saw 5 of mine aswell as one of your pokes being tricked which couldn't have done much to my team...

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly, if you disconnect, you should be given the loss. It's like that in any other match, why should it be different in this one? ._.

I have to agree with SoT. If it was an honest d/c, "tough luck." (not calling it in this matter, just saying) This is coming from a guy that gets d/c'd every 15 minutes.

A random disconnect is almost no different from getting haxed into oblivion; it is out of your hands, and it shouldn't affect the real outcome. The only difference is that you can prevent disconnection for the most part, so do everything in your power to prevent it. People were robbed of spots in this tournament due to hax (here's looking at you Phil); this holds no warrant for a organizer decision / rematch anymore than those matches.

(I even got d/c'd while typing this up, lol)

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Well I agree with SoT and Veedrock really, though I don't want to influence Sonuis' opinion on what the outcome should be, because I'd hate to see either of these good battlers take a loss for one reason or another. But if you really did get disconnected then that really sucks. I don't know what should happen afterwards though.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After giving this a thorough run through in my head, (along with Chuck and Heroes) I declare this round OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)