Smogon Tournament #5 - QUARTER FINALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Predictions Deadline/Battle Start: Thursday, April 9th, 9:00 PM, PDT.
Deadline: Monday, April 20th, 9:00 PM, PDT.

Smogon Tournament #5 Original Thread
Smogon Tournament #5 Prediction Tournament Original Thread
General Tournament Rules

Please read everything thoroughly like always!

Smogon Tournament #5

Basic Battle Rules
  • Species Clause
    • You cannot have more than two of the same species of a pokémon on your team.
      • Example: You cannot have two Charmanders on your team.
  • *Uber Clause
    • Pokémon in the "Uber" tier list are not allowed to be on your team. (Note: The Tier List was static and became set after the Shaymin-S Vote)
  • Sleep Clause
    • You cannot put two of your opponent's pokémon asleep at the same time.
      • Using moves that put your own pokémon to sleep like rest will not trigger the Sleep Clause.
  • Evasion Clause
    • A pokémon cannot use moves raise its evasion stat.
      • Traits and Moves that indirectly increase a pokémon's evasion do not break this clause.
      • Items like Brightpowder do not break this clause.
  • Freeze Clause
    • You cannot freeze two of your opponent's Pokémon.
  • OHKO Clause
    • A pokémon cannot use moves OHKO moves.
      • Example: Fissure
  • Self-KO Clause
    • If both players are down to one pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both pokémon to force a tie.
      • If a recoil damage move forces a tie, then the Self-KO Clause does not trigger. Please notify Sonuis if this happens during your match.
  • Timed Battle
Specific Rules
  • Please send a log to Sonuis labeled like so: Round # - Name vs. Name (Score as Win-Loss). These are vital to getting your matches counted. If you are having a format issue when you open up your log, rename its file extension to .doc.
  • Scouting: This is a blanket rule. Understand that it is severely frowned upon, but it can't be controlled by any means. So if any player playing their match, I want to ask that you leave if they request so. Please resource the original creating/joining a tournament thread.
  • Contacting: The best way to get your match done fast and make the tournament progress faster is by contacting your opponent and setting up a date to battle! Here are some ways to contact your opponent!
    • Send them a private message on the Smogon Forums.
    • Contact them on the Smogon Chat Room on the IRC network Dejatoons. For a guide as how to get to the Smogon Chat Room, click here!
    • Check your opponent's user profile and see if they have an Instant Messenger nickname for the same program you use.
    • Maybe they have their e-mail available to the public too!
Smogon Tournament # 5 Predictions Tournament

Rules
  • When an ST5 round begins, players will be delayed for three days before they can start their match. This is the period for which you send in your predictions.
  • You will send your predictions in to a flunky found in the list below.
  • For each correct prediction, you will receive a point.
    • The points received for each correct prediction each round will change.
  • You do not lose any points for incorrect predictions.
  • If you fail to send in your list, you will be ineligible to receive points for that round.
    • Example: If you send your predictions on time for R1, you will get points for each correct prediction. However, if you don't send in your predictions on time for R2, then you won't receive points for R2. If you send your predictions on time for R3, you will get points for each correct predictions, and so forth.
  • During R1, and only on R1, any substitution for any sort of match will result as a correct prediction. In following rounds, if you picked a player who did not complete their match and was DQed, your prediction will be marked as incorrect.
Sending Predictions List and Flunkies

Each participant will be assigned a flunky to send their prediction list to. When you learn who to send it to, create a .txt file with your predictions labeled as so: Nickname - Round # Predictions. You will then upload the file to a file sharing service, or your own web space to download. Good services would be Sendspace, Megaupload, Mediafire, Rapidshare, or zshare. Once you have uploaded your file, copy the share link and PM your assigned flunky with it so that they can download the file. If they are unable to acquire the file, your flunky will notify you. Here are your flunkies!

It's recommended that you create an account on one of these services as if your predictions file gets lost, it can be recovered and recounted.

You already know your flunkies, send `em!

Points for each correct prediction for R5: 29 Points

Quarter Finals!

Gouki vs. Magmortified
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august

Current Point Status

Gouki: 451 Points (SPRING CLEANING! SPRING CLEANING!)
Andeby: 362 Points (SPRING CLEANING! SPRING CLEANING!)
Jackal: 342 Points
Kevin Garrett: 231 Points

R5 Status

Astamatitios: 388 Points
HECTORtu: 378 Points
Earthworm: 375 Points
Twist of Fate: 338 Points
Stone_cold22: 301 Points
Jimbo: 299 Points
Lady Bug: 293 Points (SPRING CLEANING! SPRING CLEANING!)
omni: 280 Points
Rag: 277 Points
Malfunction: 267 Points
Loki: 265 Points
scofield: 259 Points
MetaNite: 243 Points
Thebattler1: 241 Points
Elevator Music: 238 Points
Blame Game: 215 Points
Olie: 198 Points
TAY: 192 Points
Serenity: 183 Points
Silent Echo: 181 Points
Xenogears: 179 Points
Darkwolf: 176 Points
Crossfire: 169 Points
Sudo: 153 Points
dbolt: 100 Points
Goofball: 97 Points
Shaft: 97 Points
LunarFang: 96 Points
Ripchord: 95 Points
R2: 94 Points
Expert Evan: 89 Points
Cerivious: 88 Points
Sikh Assasin: 90 Points
Darkartisan: 87 Points
Sapientia: 84 Points
imperfectluck: 83 Points
Hipmonlee: 77 Points

Please copy last round and finish your battles way before the deadline please.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Gouki vs. Magmortified - Sorry Mag ='(
locopoke vs. Junior - Everyone says you will lose, but i know you can do it
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - You are my favorite on this tourney
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august - ToF didnt lose in vain

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gouki vs. Magmortified - I love mag, but gouks wins the whole thing.
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - He's good, and shines in these battles/
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august - Jabba vs Junior Semi-Final.

Good luck all

edit: I CAN DO IT TOO PUGGY

Gouki vs. Magmortified - No explaination
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - =/ tough call
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august - august has been causing upsets left and right. He's got something going on and it won't stop here.

Dude, it's getting more intense.

Gouki vs. Magmortified - Mortified is very good and because he took out GEC last round thats pretty impressive but Gouki is Gouki.
locopoke vs. Junior

HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - I did not want to see this match happen yet. I really didn't. HEC is lookin pretttty hot right now especially considering beating Battlulz,TAY, and M Dragon. But Panamaxis is looking so much hotter. You can't beat Earthworm like that without being really good....
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august- Probably the dark horse of the entire tournament. Each round makes me laugh even more now. He's predicted against time and time again and yet he proves superiority over even the greatest of battlers. Beating VIL, Beating Twist of Fate. Mark my words august will make it even further.

Gouki vs. Magmortified - No explaination
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - =/ tough call
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august - august has been causing upsets left and right. He's got something going on and it won't stop here.

Dude, it's getting more intense.
I'm predicting Gouki for obvious reasons, Junior because locopoke is highly overrated (not saying much) and Junior is highly underrated (and has skill not just hax!), panamaxis (I don't really have any opinions about this). Jabba v. august is just as tough because while Jabba is not just skilled but has the reputation, august is the dark horse and he cannot be ignored.

magmortified over gouki (its just a hunch here)
locopoke over junior( people dont give loco enough credit he's really good)
Panamaxis over Hector ( good match but pannamaxis is too good)
Jabba over august (just a hunch also)

Gouki vs. Magmortified. It's not choking point yet(I am a idiot)
locopoke vs. Junior. Junior took down tougher opponents on the way IMO
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis. Hes going all the way
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august. august ends here. Jabba's team seems to have little flaw

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Gouki vs. Magmortified not time to choke yet (just kidding gouki!)
locopoke vs. Junior (Junior is...um...i dunno Junior, meaning he can win)
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis Good luck!
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august (Jabba can stop august's rampage)

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Will PM Jabba, gl to everyone

Gouki vs. Magmortified Very solid battler, seen him play before
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis Now that is a match id like to see

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Gouki vs. Magmortified gouki is gouki, that's why he wins
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis both are very good battler, so it could go either way
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august august could be the dark horse to win it all

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gouki vs. Magmortified - Heh, I have seen Gouki play. Never seen Magmortified, however. This is based on knowledge.
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - HECTOR can pull through this; tough call.
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august - it'll be close I imagine.

Gouki vs. Magmortified - My flunky will indeed win it all!

locopoke vs. Junior

HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - I predicted EW last round, should be a safe bet wtf?!

JabbaTheGriffin vs. august - This will be a close one.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gouki vs. Magmortified
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis

If Gouki, Jabba, or maybe Junior don't win this tournament it'll be lame. So win it, one of you.

Gouki vs. Magmortified - I know Gouki's good, haven't seen Mag play much
locopoke vs. Junior - Reputation of being a top battler and I believe I've seen him play back in the Garchomp era of DP, don't know locopoke
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - Don't like caps :(, and taking out EW is impressive
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august - Jabba always beat me in the previous smogon tour (not the most recent) and he can take this for sure. August has a little MSU feel of being good, but maybe just not enough...

Gouki vs. Magmortified - gouki strongth
locopoke vs. Junior - Never really seen either play, just basing it off a bandwagon somewhat...
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis - Panamaxis is on form and is excellent.
JabbaTheGriffin vs. august - Jabba's going to win the whole thing, I'm afraid.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Gouki vs. Magmortified
locopoke vs. Junior
HECTORtu vs. Panamaxis

Heccsi/Gouki to win it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)