Smogon Tournament #4 Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the sign-up thread for the fourth annual Smogon Tournament. This year, we will be playing the D/P environment using shoddybattle.

Basic Smogon Tournament Information

What are the registration requirements?
  1. Have a registered Smogon Account with good, overall standings. "I could be banned!" isn't good.
  2. To have efficiently lurked and/or be active. You should at least have 20 posts if you've signed up in December '07. Exceptions are made on IRC activity.
  3. Make a post that is not past the maximum player count of 512.
Will there be substitute spots?

There will be substitute spots at "Capping Points". These are 128, 256, and 512. If you sign up from spots 1-128, then you will automatically be in the tournament. Sign-up after that, then you will be a sub. If the total number of participants reaches 256 however, then those 128 people who signed up to be substitute players will participate in the tournament. This rule also applies if the registration count passes 512. After that, you will become a regular substitute.

What are the rules?
  1. Pairings will be made in the long lost bracket format? More on this later. Single Elimination.
  2. Be committed to the tournament
  3. Basic Smogon Tournament Information helps.
What are the battling rules?
  1. Battles will be 6 on 6 D/P battles played on the shoddybattle program.
  2. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on a player's team.
  3. The following is a list of battling rules.
    1. Species Clause: You must use six different Pokémon on your team. You can't have two Chimchars on your team.
    2. Self-KO Clause: You cannot use moves like Explosion or Destiny Bond on your last Pokémon if it will force a tie.
    3. Sleep Clause: You can only put to sleep one Pokémon on an opponent's side at any time. If you use Spore to put one Pokémon asleep, you cannot use it again to put another Pokémon asleep until the first one wakes up.
    4. Freeze Clause: If at anytime two different Pokémon are frozen on a player's field, then the player that froze the two Pokémon loses.
    5. Evasion Ban: Moves that specifically increase evasion are banned. Double Team is an example of a banned move.
    6. OHKO Ban: Moves that have a chance of OHKOing a Pokémon are banned. An example is Sheer Cold.
    7. Battle Timeout must be on.
  4. No scouting is mandatory. Do you want to watch more battles? Complete your battles on time and either lose or wait until there are a lot less players in the tournament.
  5. Send a log to Sonuis (C/P it) via Smogon PM of your battle to confirm your victory.
Why are you using Bracket Pairings instead of Random Pairings?

Smogon Tournament #4 will be hosting a sub-tournament. A predictions tournament. It goes as follows...
  1. Any number of people can sign up.
  2. You can sign-up even if you're in the main tournament.
  3. The objective is to predict the outcome of the Smogon Tournament #4.
  4. The person with the most points at the end of the main tournament is the winner!
  5. Info on setting up predictions will come later on.
  6. Signing up for the sub tournament will begin when we have 128 players.
Will there be prizes?
  1. The winner of Smogon Tournament #4 will receive a forum badge, which does change your User Control Panel on the forum for the better.
  2. The winner of the sub-tournament will get to choose one custom title for themselves. It cannot change after your decision is made.
    • If you've already got a badge, then your nick will be changed like MoP's! Just kidding... or am I?
That does it! Please sign-up in this thread! Please try and avoid using "in" as your post to sign-up!

When does the tournament start?

When registration seems to have slowed down significantly, or if we somehow magically hit 512 players. So, about 2 weeks at max.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any Questions/Concerns, please contact "Sonuis" through Smogon PM system or #smogon on the Dejatoons IRC Network.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
in

Ok apparently this sort of post is not acceptable but what more am I supposed to say?

Have a nice day.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I will definatly give it a shot.

EDIT: Is this where we sign up for the prediction Tourney also?

I would like to join.

Thank You.

Also I'm pretty sure Husk wants to join, so if I can I'd like to reserve a spot for him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)