Smogon Tournament #4 R2 & R1 Prediction Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did status your Bronzong - I put it to sleep after you switched out your 8% Cresselia instead of letting it get put to sleep and using it as a sacrifice later in battle, as well as keeping me from putting something else to sleep!

Also, the people watching had already lost - if you are going to battle in a major tournament, then you have to accept letting people watch.

I won 6-6 lol

Fear

GSC Monarch
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I am waiting for 11 hours and still counting for wakeuplan to show up on shoddy and do the damn match.

I did status your Bronzong - I put it to sleep after you switched out your 8% Cresselia instead of letting it get put to sleep and using it as a sacrifice later in battle, as well as keeping me from putting something else to sleep!

Also, the people watching had already lost - if you are going to battle in a major tournament, then you have to accept letting people watch.

I won 6-6 lol
NO, I mean way before that. At the start of the game. It was lagging a bit and I thought he got spore'd but I read it wrong.

I don't see any point in revealing my team if I don't see any way that I can win the match (especially when 2 pokemon who are meant to counter a specific pokemon can't do their job correctly).. you never know who is friends with who so they might tell their "friends" about other teams in the tourney.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
considering that i was battling a lot of people on shoddy and you didnt use the name dagger, i didnt know it was you when/if we battled
Sonuis will have to look at the log obviously, but if you didn't use the right name, then this match is void. If it turns out that there is nothing in the log that indicates that you both consented to the match being counted for this tournament, Dagger should be disqualified for trying to cheat and will lose tournament privileges going forward.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It did seem weird that Judgement made no PM mention to me about this. Now I do review the log, and you didn't appear under a nick of your own. Even then, you should talk to your opponent just before your battle on Shoddy.

After some discussion and deliberation, Dagger has been disqualified for claiming victory under an unsaid nick. Even if we were to allow you a rematch, Dagger would already know Judgement's team.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My quarter-final predictions, assuming I lose at some point:

Earthworm vs. Sovereign
Loki vs. goofball
Warthog vs. picklesword
Gouki vs. Hipmonlee

I'm going for a Loki vs. Hipmonlee finals, with Loki scraping by with a 2-0 victory.

Yes...while he may not be my alt, I am with him in Spirit. So if Karrot wins ST4, so do I! (For giving him the best match etc.)

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been trying to get in touch with my opponent, we've sent several PM's between the two of us, but we just never seem to get on at the same time. IF at all possible, even a single day might be the difference between actually getting this battle done. If not, then I guess go with the coinflip. In all the tournaments I've done, I've always been punctual and gotten my battles done, so I'd love if I could be shown just a little bit of mercy especially in a tournament this big. I'd just hate to be taken out because of a coin flip, and I'm sure the same applies to Islander_Jon.

Blue Kirby and I have spoken several times. He explained to me that he'd be out of town from Thursday until today, Sunday. I'm online waiting for him right now, since the deadline is 12 AM EST. We have an hour and a half left to battle. If there's any other way to make sure he doesn't get disqualified, and also I don't, I'd like to look into that option.

Thanks.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'll be with you in about half an hour man. Something has come up at my end, but I'll definitely be there in time to get this done.

Received the following PM, from TheMantyke, in exact quote:

"I'm deeply sorry, but it doesn't seem as though will get through to eacvh other anytime today. I'm sorry I procrastinated on fighting you so much, but I'll forfeit and give you the win."

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know it's a bit late, but we got it done.

I beat Islander Jon 5-0 in a good game. I'm sending the log as I type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)