Smogon Tournament #3: Ultimate ADV Showdown! It's that time. (Divisions up.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well guys. Here we are. Late 2006. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are out in full force in Japan. They're awaiting their release of Pokemon Battle Revolution while we await the North American release of Diamond and Pearl. We've had our official Nintendo Tournament: Journey Across America. We had a pretty decent Smogon tournament and won a slew of regionals, but failed to take him the key prize.

Since 2004 we've been playing with this generation, ADV, with our all. We've moved up from the area where, what the fuck, Dragon Dance Salamence is such a cheater. How do I stop that? Agility Metagross for the win! Weezing is awesome. Game Freak gave Skarmory spikes? What the fuck were they smoking? Now we're more like this: Justin8649: fuck celebi. Anyway, we're near the end of our current era and we need to go out with a bang.

May I then present Official Smogon Tournament #3: Ultimate ADV Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

This is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
good guys, bad guys, and explosions as far as the eye can see
and only one will survive, I wonder who it will be
this is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

This is stolen from an awesome flash video that is the themesong for this tournament. link

Who will win this time to fill the halls with greats such as Tournament #1 winner CrazyStarwolf, or Tournament #2 champion Noobster. Will Tournament #2's Runner up, Hipmonlee, and 3rd placed Aeolus come back to the limelight? Only time will tell.

Tournament Layout

Not too much will have changed from Smogon Tournament #2 in terms of rules, but the layout is a little more... Smogonish.

• 192 Participants - WTF? Read on, my friend!
  • Single Elimination
  • Species clause
  • Sleep clause
  • Self-KO clause
  • The following Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys (All forms), Wobbuffet, Wynaut. This means Celebi and Jirachi are allowed. End of discussion.
  • The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure, and Sheer Cold are banned.
  • Pokemon XD moves will be allowed.
  • All battles must be done on the Smogon NetBattle server (nb.smogon.com) due to many other english speaking servers creating ridiculous moveset modification modfiles. I'm looking at you, PR.
  • There will be three divisions. Participants will be randomly scattered into these divisions. 64 + 64 + 64 = 192. Make sense now?
  • The winners of the three divisions will proceed to... the Final Round Robin of Ultimate Destiny to determine the victor, runner-up, and third place finisher.

The three division format should help us have a round robin final with the best players. Yes, I know that all the good players could theoretically end up all in one division since the sorting is random, but the chances of that are low.

Tournament Prizes
This time we'll have a t-shirt design and actually get them sent out after the tournament finishes!

• The winner will receive their choice of either Pokemon Diamond or Pearl when it hits the stores in North America! He or she will also receive a Diamond/Pearl strategy guide, a Smogon Tournament #3 t-shirt, and a trophy on their Smogon Forums profile!
  • The runner-up will receive a Diamond/Pearl strategy guide and a Smogon Tournament #3 t-shirt.
  • The third place finisher will recieve a Smogon Tournament #3 t-shirt.

Sub-Tournament: Got Predictions?
This time it'll be serious!

• To enter you must submit your Round 1 predictions before more than three battles are completed. There will be a seperate thread for this made at the time the pairings topic is created.
  • When you submit your Round 1 predictions you will also make bold predictions as to who will win each division. Correctly predicting any of these will net you 15 points each.
  • When you submit your Round 1 predictions you will also make bold predictions for the Winner, the Runner-up, and the Third Place Finisher. Correctly predicting any of those correctly will net you 25 points for each correct answer.
  • Regular correct predictions will get you 1 point.
  • The winner of Sub-Tournament: Got Predictions? will receive a Smogon Tournament #3 t-shirt.

Hipmonlee has graciously volunteered to help me run the Sub-tournament so that all goes smoothly and it actually gets counted.

Good luck and may Smogon be with you.

Every now and then I will randomly sort joiners into divisions so people cannot try to manipulate the system by holding off sign ups until a supposed "tough" division may be filled by my random Sorting Hat script.

Go. Fast.

The following names were purged due to Alt suspecision among other things:

McDonalds
Mewto
Anby
MonkeyMaddness
DChiuch
CrispenX
thunderfirebomb
narutofan92 - Bob
roflmfao
Dark Plutos
MagikarpMan
j-squared

Since that is out of the way I can now reveal the Divisions (Fan Favorite names at the top):

Ruby Division
*Giga Punch
*peter_pan
*Darkbolt
*Groudon80
*cloud
*Loki
*Fish
*Anyone
*husk
*Veteran in Love
*Alexandros
*Hipmonlee
*Carl
*GreenPikachu
*JMC
*Asuka
*Picollo
OmegaDonut
MC50
el_B
wraith
mm2001
Doomsday
Nolando VII
theamericandream38
DevilinDenial
Raikou21
sandslash
cook
thecrazylazyguy
Broly the Legend
Serenity
BBM
Pilocus
Synchronize
Life
Crab Nebula
Mysterious Stallion
Tinnacious
LSM
Nowen
Zangy
spies
SuperSwampert67
FiveKRunner
stl8008
The Plant
zerowing
lordofgames
CaptKirby
Siphai
Atlas
Philbert
Alamaster
ghandikitiki
Saian
Mekkah
PM
elearu
Steelicks
homsar
SKYUPPERCUT60
aragornbird
e4protector

Sapphire Division
*Justin8649
*Conker
*Obi
*Aeolus
*Lexay
*skarm
*Roy
*Cerberus
*Warthog
*MoP
*Vineon
*MrE
*Mosh
*SSBM roy
*Sir Chris
*0mastar
Karrot
Ugly_Duckling
Batpig
Mysterio
DrunkPriest
Moxom
Okashi
DragonDance
WER
Alper
PikaPete
Testing...
CrystalBlade
Mystica
HiT
Steeler36
Fool_Hi
IcyShock
Sk
The Requiem
Hansy
Slowbroking
Elements
Kikuichimonji
Stalling
XiahougFig
m0nkeyman
Toy
Hicky
NICK04
Pocket
DDangelo
missingname
Hill
Synre
massi4h
omni
POKEMONBATTLEBRAIN
rambo_verm
Hrist[ALT]
Nowster
Great Sage
mtg
Dante
Sarenji
NC
Dark Killer X
MooN_xP

Emerald Division
*Lesm46
*Eagle
*gdpt
*Kongler
*Floppy Disk
*Council
*Jackal
*Hairy Pimp
*Devilkid
*Black Leather Jacket
*goofball
BlueFire
Nelo_Angelo
JeffroBaggins
TheLunarDeity
Mizuno
Judgement
andeby
Medi
da gold sun
best at games
0rz
Anomalous
bl0w
Marauder Artremis
Phonzmister
Sanders
Ghost_Chill
Nitrous
Flub
Sonuis
Kalas_101
Voltago
Peterko
Slaking_master
Donny
Natch
Sticky Topic
Shinji
Basics
bleep
Havak
dynamo
Deputy
crazedmonkey
Krazy Klown
Reactor
gotei(13) zabimaru
rekt
Fear
Dan Dan
Camthalion
Lord Cathbad
reverie
DekarTKB
SDShamshel
Hyra
Who Knows
gotei(13) hyorinmaru
SilverShadow
Ged
drp1991
LMK

In, I am the first yea!!!!!!!!!

In before loser Justin8649 and NOT loser but #2 Hipmonlee

edit:

[20:25:19] <Mike> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14767
[20:25:20] <Justin8649> but i dont want to be late
[20:25:20] <Mike> Go. Fast.
[20:25:22] <husk> yes I am the best
[20:25:23] <husk> I did
[20:25:23] <husk> it
[20:25:25] <husk> I am the best
[20:25:32] <Hipmonlee> blah
[20:25:32] <G80> FUCK
[20:25:34] <Justin8649> FUCK

in in in suk mi wee wee

I ALSO HAVE AN IDEA FOR TEH SHIRT, LOOK AT IT AT THAT ONE THREAD!!!!1111!!!11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)