Playoffs Smogon Tour Season 35 Playoffs [Won by MichaelderBeste2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

After nine ten weeks of intense live tournaments, the fifteen of the top competitors have advanced to the playoffs while three more wait on the doorstep for their crack at the pink trophy! Congratulations to each of you for your success and good luck in the playoffs!

If you are unfamiliar with Smogon Tour's format, from this round forward each pairing will face off in a best of three series in the SV, SS and SM tiers. The higher seed picks the first tier that will be played and the loser of the first game picking the following tier. Win 2 out of 3 and you are one step closer to being crowned the winner as you advance!
Tiebreak

1. lax vs 3. Dasmer

2. Scarlet Stars vs 3. Dasmer
SV l SS l SM

1. lax vs 2. Scarlet Stars
SV l SS l SM

Round 1

1. Skypenguin vs 16. Scarlet Stars
SM l SS l SV

2. Luthier vs 15. Originality56
SM l SV l SS

3. ima vs 14. crying
SV l SM l SS

4. xavgb vs 13. DonSalvatore
SV l SM l SS

5. SoulWind vs 12. Santu
SV l SM l SS

6. Punny vs 11. Isza
SV l SM l SS

7. Star vs 10. Nat
SS l SV l SM

8. ChrisPBacon vs 9. MichaelderBeste2
SM l SS l SV

Round 2

1. Skypenguin vs 9. MichaelderBeste2

SM | SS | SV

2. Luthier vs 10. Nat

SM | SV | SS

14. crying vs 11. Isza

SV | SS | SM

4. xavgb vs 5. SoulWind

SV | SS | SM

Semifinals

9. MichaelderBeste2 vs 5. SoulWind

SV | SM | SS | SS

2. Luthier vs 11. Isza

SM | SS | SV

Finals

9. MichaelderBeste2 vs 2. Luthier
SM | SV | SS

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Good luck to everyone, it's been an exceptional smog tour thus far!

Looking forward to watching the tie breakers and the round of 16

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
1. Skypenguin vs 16. Tiebreak winner (lax) - fter act fishing him in UUPL i am contractually obligated to bold him in every tournament until he wins one and I'm absolved of guilt. More seriously, I think lax is gonna cleanly take SV and Skype SM, so it's gonna come down to SS which I'm less confident on. I think? lax has more experience playing it overall, tho Skype did get a lot of SS points so he clearly knows what he's doing. My gut is saying lax so yea there you go. i wasn't gonna do any serious justifications but this one feels too good to pass up on

2. Luthier vs 15. Originality56 - i am ghosting luthier to the trophy. good luck everyone!

3. ima vs 14. crying - cooked me in an SM game this season so I have to bold

4. xavgb vs 13. DonSalvatore - did not cook me, while donsalvatore did, but stresh is the best to ever do it so I have to bold him

5. SoulWind vs 12 Santu - crazy good matchup, rly like both and they're obviously both insanely good and proven. i think santu takes sm but soulwind probably takes the other two. i hope the sv game is good

6. Punny vs 11. Isza - can both win please? ffs. have a blessed day Isza

7. Star vs 10. Nat - go noodle go

8. ChrisPBacon vs 9. MichaelderBeste2 - if chrispbacon uses Anything That Is Not Stall he may stand a chance but otherwise i think he will get ct'd and diffed. good luck nonetheless. michael loses the username contest but wins the series probably

not serious obviously im mostly just bolding friends. good luck everyone!! rooting for luth or nat to take it all

fade

pistol pete
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
Tiebreak: TB is fire we have dumbass 1 who is here because he brought a beedrill last game and dumbass 2 who is here because he doesnt flick the On switch next to his brain when he plays and lost a won game vs qwily yday. Scarlet Stars is someone i've watched play like 2 years - a year and a half ago and thought he was pretty good for a newer player so cool to see him here. Lax (beedrill) is the obv favorite here as long as he doesn't grief himself in the builder again. Scarlet Stars is a cool underdog idt dasmer will make it.

1. Skypenguin vs 16. Tiebreak winner: I'd bold lax > skype but skype > the other 2. I think skype is pretty good when he's in stour players (usually), he's the best sm mainer here but idt i would bold him in sm vs like half of this playoffs. Lax has turned around his shit 2022 year and went positive in spl and I see him making a good run if he gets into the main stage, I'd favor him in sm and sv but think Skype would take ss. Skype is still good and I'd favor him vs the other two tb players.

2. Luthier vs 15. Originality56 - Luthier is balls and overrated but he's gonna click like an asshole every game and i can't say ive watched originality play even when he was in olt playoffs

3. ima vs 14. crying - I actually watched cryings run from the second half onwards and it amused me to see how scared they were since they stopped bringing their staple dogshit teams and started using real stuff. They can pilot well enough but were way too choke prone even when playing must win games. That said I'm a big fan of crying in sv I think the tier is underdeveloped enough for their trash to win + they are a good pilot. Sm I'd favor ima a lot because idt you can get away with bullshit as easily in this tier and I'd still favor ima in ss cus more skill based tier. Wouldn't be surprised to see crying advance but idt they will if they if they bring their trash and don't pull mu.

4. xavgb vs 13. DonSalvatore - I like watching stresh play I think he's a good player and it's cool to see already established players qualify for stour. I haven't really seen him play in sm but think he's good at ss+sv and that he'll adapt well enough to sm. Idr much from donsalvatore other than him bouncing mr princesa out of tour playoffs a year ago then getting bounced out by star (?) next round. Stresh fan so I'd favor him probably in all 3 gens?? but if he loses one I'd say sm.

5. SoulWind vs. 12. Santu - idk what to say about this, should probably be a good series, borja has been great in individuals and I think he's better in ss and sm, can't say I've seen santu play sv but gut says he'll win the set.

6. Punny vs 11. Isza - I'm a big fan of punny in ss he uses cool shit/techs and he can pilot them really well, don't like most of his sm teams as much but he has way more experience there and does well in this gen. I think kaiser has really good game sense but I like him more in old gens > cg and think punny r1 might be too big of a hurdle to get over. This set will suck quality wise I think hot take kaiser will take sm and win in 2 or lose in 3.

7. star vs 10. nat - just gut feeling really, star is a machine in grinding out stours when it comes to qualifying + getting far in playoffs. Same with what I said for stresh it's cool to see good players first qual for stour. Think this will be a good series and go to 3 games star seems super favored in sm and probably still favored in ss but i think natalie will take sv and ss.

8. ChrisPBacon vs 9. MichaelderBeste2 - Mr Bacon is about as one trick as you can get, uses stall all gens and when he tried non-stall he couldn't pilot it for shit. He pilots his stall pretty well though even if he instantly clicks a 70% move with plot torn with 0 fear and 0 expectation to miss. Micheal had a shitty-ish spl but he's still a great player and I'm a big fan of him in 6-8, if Mr Bacon takes a gen I'd say 9 but id still favor michael there and idt he is losing ss and sm.

good luck isza andnat and lax :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)