Smogon Tour 33 Host Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

Smogon Tour 33 is starting on Saturday, March 12th! We will be opening host sign-ups for only 3 weeks at a time, so nobody will have to worry about making commitments that they can't keep well in advance. The second set of sign-ups will become available when the time draws closer, so keep your eyes pealed for that as well.

Hosting is an important responsibility and is absolutely integral to the success of Smogon Tour's regular season, so please try your best to be ready to host at your scheduled time and there for the entirety of the tournament. You are certainly welcome to ask me any questions you may have about hosting - especially if this is your first time or you are simply uncertain about any details. If you will not be able to attend, it is up to YOU to inform me so I can find a replacement (tell me as soon as you find out you can’t make it).

Hosting the Smogon Tour is a great way to get more involved with the site; this tournament's continued success is truly the result of a massive team effort put forth by Smogon's contributors and a testament to how great our growing tournament community can be! Users who prove to be consistent, responsible, and effective hosts that possess good judgment will be considered for the Community Contributor badge and potentially more as well.

We will be looking to give priority to experienced hosts and tournament regulars, but anyone who can post here can sign-up. Please don't let that anything discourage you from signing up for the first time as we will be sending out an instructional PM to all hosts and I will dutifully answer any questions you might have - we will even walk you through the process personally if you are nervous (NEVER hesitate to PM me!!!), so don't be afraid to sign up! We will be accepting one primary host and two back-up hosts for each day of the Tour. Anyone that can post in this forum is eligible. If you can't post in this forum but want to sign up anyway, shoot me a pm in discord.

Before signing up, please make sure you understand when 9 am, 4 pm, and 2 pm Eastern (currently GMT-5) will be in your timezone. We've had people in the past sign-up and receive hosting positions only to suddenly realize that the time they signed up for was at an undesirable time. As you can imagine, this has lead to some issues before with finding back-up hosts at such short notice because the main host wasn't aware of when they actually had to host and failed to inform their us or the back-up of the issue.

Additionally, since this has become a recurring trend in recent seasons:
  • If you sign up to host, then tell us you can't host, but sign up to play on the day you were assigned, you will be barred from playing on that day and will be prohibited from playing for the entirety of that week. Please treat your hosting position with respect - your job is incredibly important.
  • If you sign up to host, but decide you'd rather play instead, the same ruling as explained in #1 applies.
  • There will be exceptions to this if there are legitimate reasons, but blatant attempts of avoiding the responsibility of hosting when you yourself signed up to do the job will not be tolerated.
Remember that if you cannot host the tour you've been assigned, tell me and the secondary host about it as soon as possible! I would also strongly suggest joining our discord so this procedure is easier for all parts involved.

WEEK 1 - SS OU
  • Saturday, March 12th @ 9 am EST (currently GMT -5)
  • Saturday, March 12th @ 4 pm EST (currently GMT -5)
  • Sunday, March 13th @ 2 pm EST (will become GMT-4 as clocks change that morning)
WEEK 2 - SM OU
  • Saturday, March 19th @ 9 am EST (GMT -4)
  • Saturday, March 19th @ 4 pm EST (GMT -4)
  • Sunday, March 20th @ 2 pm EST (GMT -4)
WEEK 3 - ORAS OU
  • Saturday, March 26th @ 9 am EST (GMT -4)
  • Saturday, March 26th @ 4 pm EST (GMT -4)
  • Sunday, March 27th @ 2 pm EST (GMT -4)
:blobnom:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hi, thank you to everyone who signed up!

Reminder that if you're listed first, you are the host! Second and third listed are back-ups (you can join the tour if you see the main host is all set and please PM me if you are unsure of anything). If you are listed at all in any capacity, you can expect a forum PM tonight outlining what is needed for hosting. I will also leave this PM open for questions so everyone can see them. Together I hope we can make this a great season :blobuwu:

Week 1 - SS OU

Saturday, March 12th @ 9 am EST (currently GMT -5): Ereshkigal / kjdaas / Raptor
Saturday, March 12th @ 4 pm EST (currently GMT -5): Kris / HSOWA / Finchinator
Sunday, March 13th @ 2 pm EST (will become GMT-4 as clocks change that morning): Quantum Tesseract / Kaede / TylerTheMilotic

Week 2 - SM OU

Saturday, March 19th @ 9 am EST (GMT -4): velvet / kjdaas / TGA
Saturday, March 19th @ 4 pm EST (GMT -4): Kaede / Lalaya / emma
Sunday, March 20th @ 2pm EST (GMT-4): Lunala / Kris / Quantum Tesseract

Week 3 - ORAS OU

Saturday, March 26th @ 9 am EST (GMT -4): HSOWA / TGA / Mihowk
Saturday, March 26th @ 4 pm EST (GMT -4): Dorron / velvet / Lalaya
Sunday, March 27th @ 2 pm EST (GMT -4): emma / mc56556 / TylerTheMilotic

PM me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
You know the drill!!! PM me if you do not and have questions though. Sign-up here

WEEK 4 - SS OU
  • Saturday, April 2nd @ 9 am EST (GMT-4)
  • Saturday, April 2nd @ 4 pm EST (GMT-4)
  • Sunday, April 3rd @ 2 pm EST (GMT-4)
WEEK 5 - SM OU
  • Saturday, April 9th @ 9 am EST (GMT -4)
  • Saturday, April 9th @ 4 pm EST (GMT -4)
  • Sunday, April 10th @ 2 pm EST (GMT -4)
WEEK 6 - ORAS OU
  • Saturday, April 16th @ 9 am EST (GMT -4)
  • Saturday, April 16th @ 4 pm EST (GMT -4)
  • Sunday, April 17th @ 2 pm EST (GMT -4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)