Borghi

Banana eater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/urshifu: Smogon Spikemuth Cup - hosted by Borghi and zee :ss/regidrago:
:ss/gothitelle:

THE REST OF THE TOP CUT ROUNDS WILL BE PLAYED USING ONLY THIS THREAD
SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a Doubles Spikemuth tournament
  • Spikemuth is a format where you play without the use of Restricted Pokemon and without the use of Dynamax or Gigantamax
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may not switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (main server only due to SmogTours timer rules)
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, replays are required for all matches. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
    • Signing up with more than one account
    • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what team to bring or what plays to make)
    • Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for Smogon likes)
  • Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Team Lock Clause: Players must use the same team for all games of a given round. You can switch teams in between rounds, however.
  • Item Clause: Players cannot have two of the same item on the same team.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • Spikemuth is based on VGC rules. This means players can use none of the following Pokemon (in any form) on their teams:
    • Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Lunala, Solgaleo, Necrozma, Zacian, Zamazenta, Calyrex and Eternatus
  • Mythical Pokemon are banned. These include:
    • Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Diancie, Volcanion, Zeraora, Magearna, and Zarude.
  • Matches will be played at level 50.
  • Dynamax and Gigantamax are banned!

What are we playing for?
This tournament will award points to Smogon's Circuit PlayOffs
1st: 250 CP
2nd: 170 CP
Top 4: 120 CP
Top 8: 80 CP
5-2: 60 CP
4-3: 40 CP

There will also be a small money prize!
1st: $30
2nd: $20

Seeding for Top Cut is as follows:
-1st Breaker: Record of opponent you lost to
-2nd Breaker: Round in which you lost to said opponent
Players with a 5-2 or 4-3 record remaining will not be ordered

Place​
Player Name​
Record of Loss​
Round of Loss​
1​
-​
-​
2​
7-0​
7​
3​
7-0​
6​
4​
7-0​
3​
5​
6-1​
6​
6​
6-1​
4​
7​
5-2​
1​
8​
4-3​
1​
9-14: Kintillo, Helios of Sun, Zeal, Artcar, Chrome8, Flipsicle
15-30: DomarpVGC, LawrenceVGC, Borghi, KAFFEEKAFFEEKAFFEE, Aldrich, sheik0, Laz, ProssettiVGC, Giokio, ToastNoButter, Mr.GX, bdogplatinum, AaPokemon, zee, DreamPrince
31-45: martinvtran, Tofu_Banana, Orangex733,cyan_vg, rubycandy, incineraire, Robbie35646, Faaagamer, Akaru Kokuyo, JagSamurott, trace, Emeraldsands17, CrystalNinetales, TyphoeusVGC

Finals
AtmosphereVGC vs ChrisVG
G1 G2 G3

THE REST OF THE TOP CUT ROUNDS WILL BE PLAYED USING ONLY THIS THREAD
Please contact your opponents promptly to begin scheduling. Extensions will be able to be granted from now on if necessary. The round deadline is Sunday 11/13 at 7:59 PM GMT-4.

If you have questions, you can send us a pm on the forums or on discord at borghi#9066 or night daze#1999!

Last edited:

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Finabas vs Chris - both have been very solid in the circuit but Finabas is on an insane hot streak right now, being completely undefeated in both the ongoing seasonal and spikemuth cup accounts for something like 13-0 or 14-0 in games. insane.

Kotomi vs Lucky-sama - I would call both of these players up and coming, but it's really hard to bet on Apron. They went 6-0 into scooping, and I just know them to be a more fundamentally solid player.

AtmosphereVGC vs noiceVGC - congrats to noice for making it this far, but if Atmosphere puts in any effort I think this is the most lopsided game. Atmosphere is solid in both online and offline events, and he's documented his whole run on his youtube where you can just see his thought process is very thorough.

AegislashMechanics vs Bennbuild - this is my personal highlight and while I think Finabas vs Chris is probably closer in terms of skill something about this screams a really close 3 games to me. Gonna go with Mechanics, he's been really good in the Swiss rounds and beat me in some team tour for this meta.

left side clears, will make semis predicts when the round goes up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)