Finals Smogon Snake Draft IV - Finals [Won by Sky Tower Lindworms]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyblood

Obluda, kierá nemá své jméno
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Congrats Lindworms !

Especially Eo which has been the pillar of the team and showed us a great performance , the absolute calm without any error ingame during the regular season , the playoffs and the tiebreak, well deserved
Also glad that jytcampbell and the french players get their trophy !

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Lindworms, congratulations on the trophy! You all have proven yourselves to be great players and watching these playoff games made me really motivated to get back into the game and SS as a whole.

But i'm mostly making this post to take a moment to congratulate one of my very best friends on this site who has cemented himself as one of the most important names in pokemon history. Eo Ut Mortus my man, congratulations on one of the most impressive runs from any player in a team tournament ever. You've proven yourself to be not only one of the best if not the best SS OU player out there, but also finally got the trophy you so wholeheartedly deserved. I figured most people who followed this tour are gonna look back and think this is just an outstanding performance from an outstanding player, but knowing you so well I know how much this win meant to you and I know this result is in fact a culmination of yourself as an individual. You're committed to it all: the game, your teams, but most importantly your friends. It was always my understanding that we all play this game to create bonds with the community, and I'm extremely glad I stuck around to see you finally get the trophy you were due for so long. Love you buddy.

Bushtush

Banned deucer.
While this may seem awkward and almost cringe coming from someone who was not on the official roster, I just want to give a few words about the season and the amazing group of players I had the pleasure to help manage. What a god damn season. I can say with a full chest this was probably the best group I've ever had the pleasure of shadow managing. Through all the ups and downs, (un)justified bans, and just times where our motivation hit the floor. Lindworms never failed to kick the throttle back up to 100 and really showcase why this trophy is undoubtedly ours. I don't want to s/o every single one of you just because of the sheer fact that I do not want to type that much and I have an exam soon that I will without a doubt fail, but I would like give some recognition to the pieces of any team that often get overlooked or taken for granted. And that's the substitutes/ helpers from the outside that did not get drafted.

talkingtree : Thank you Thank you Thank you. Thank you for being so committed. I know you've been very busy IRL and also had to step down from your staff position, but there is absolutely no way we won this trophy without you. You were a key part in Umbry's success every week, and even got yourself a win too! And while you may not think yourself you did much, I can tell you without a doubt no one thinks similar. I am glad to have called you a Lindworm, a brother, and a friend. Best of luck in what life holds for you in the future, I have no doubt you'll succeed.

tazz : I cannot even begin to describe how much help you've been for dcae all these weeks. From your really dumb ideas, to teams that just sometimes won dcae games from preview, you were an extreme core part of our team. Thank you for all these weeks of selfless help, and I cannot wait for you to dominate whatever tour comes your way next. Your one of the best builders to touch this game bro, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Moutemoute: You dude, have been absolutely amazing. From Day 1, you were helping everyone day in and day out as much as you could. I'm glad you also got a few games in, and you showed exactly why you deserve to be here. You absolutely do not deserve any of the shit you get thrown at you. We all have lapses in judgment at times, but you are genuinely a good dude. I cannot wait for your next tour, Ill be watching to see just how far you go. Love you my friend

trash : Though you weren't that active, you did always drop some gold from now and again. Though that may be from you being a damn weeb 24/7. Who knows :D

jcbc : You joined about halfway through the season, and my oh my what a specular help you have been. Thank you for all those hours of selfless help to RW when he was going through a tough time, and for our other tiers as well. I really hope you get drafted in SPL or whatever tour you plan on participating in next. You are a gem in the rough and truly underappreciated, and for that I can only say thank you.

Bag of Trixx : PU don right here. Thank you for all your help with bumass tjay and teambuilding with him whenever you had a chance. I know you were busy closer to the end of the season but regardless, you were a a key part of our win. And yes, you are better than tjay at among us

Hurtadoo : Not going to lie you didn't speak much English when you talked, so I didn't really get to have much of any conversation with you. But I'm sure pepe and I can agree he owes a big part of his success to you. Your a beast bro and thank you for all the help.

Shogarth : You a lazy mf LOL I don't think you spoke more than 100 lines all season outside of Pokémon Gatcha. But im sure all your luck there translated to our win in some weird twist of fate :D

Posho : You a cute cheerleader. Thank you for being supporting us every week. You are also the luckiest Pokémon Gatcha dude I've ever seen.

I was going to end here but I just cant post this without a huge s/o to our star Eo Ut Mortus . You were an absolute unit all season, and the 10-1 record speaks for itself. Every week Id be hesitant because of the out of this world teams you would bring, but in classic Eo fashion you made it work. A big thing I've always respected about you is you were not afraid to build your teams outside the boundary that is known as "viability". This trophy was a long time coming, and Im glad you finally got it. Thank you my brother for being the most pivotal part of this success story.

And to any new Smogon face reading this, or anyone who was was excited about this tour but didn't get a chance to participate. I promise you'll get your chance soon. Your chance to play and star on a big stage will come soon I promise you. It might take a little bit of time and effort, but don't ever think any hopes you had to play are forever diminished, or the reason you weren't picked was because your so called "worse" at this RNG based game we call Pokémon. And in the times were living in now, I understand this can be a small amount of stress that you very much don't need in your life. If you ever want to vent or just want someone to talk to, Bushtush#5320 is my discord. Feel free to hit me up.

shoutout to excal and meri berry for the phenomenal nu support this season. its funny to think of how i only started playing the tier to help my friend during her run to r5 of nu open (oml goat). had no idea back then what we'd be in for, but at the end of the day we managed to learn the tier together and go on to dominate this pool week after week. we proved we were the best nu players on smogon bar none and nothing was more fulfilling than that. i don't think i would have lasted past week 5 of this tournament without both of you so thank u for ur efforts.

sorry we couldnt get this one over the line tony - wanted to do it for you more than anyone but it wasnt to be.

dont know when i'll see the rest of the rattlers again. goodbye for now my friends.

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Congrats lindworms, it's been a long way to here but you all finally got it; really deserved one, i'm happy to have been there to help y'all and to meet some of you. But i specially want to congrats my big friends beatiful, Realistic Waters, umbrita/ymbru/tuononda/umbreon098/cancerita y'all are lovely users and i'm happy to have met you all long time ago, i hope we keep being friends for long. Well deserved, but don't stop here because y'all are up to big things.

While this may seem awkward and almost cringe coming from someone who was not on the official roster, I just want to give a few words about the season and the amazing group of players I had the pleasure to help manage. What a god damn season. I can say with a full chest this was probably the best group I've ever had the pleasure of shadow managing. Through all the ups and downs, (un)justified bans, and just times where our motivation hit the floor. Lindworms never failed to kick the throttle back up to 100 and really showcase why this trophy is undoubtedly ours. I don't want to s/o every single one of you just because of the sheer fact that I do not want to type that much and I have an exam soon that I will without a doubt fail, but I would like give some recognition to the pieces of any team that often get overlooked or taken for granted. And that's the substitutes/ helpers from the outside that did not get drafted.

talkingtree : Thank you Thank you Thank you. Thank you for being so committed. I know you've been very busy IRL and also had to step down from your staff position, but there is absolutely no way we won this trophy without you. You were a key part in Umbry's success every week, and even got yourself a win too! And while you may not think yourself you did much, I can tell you without a doubt no one thinks similar. I am glad to have called you a Lindworm, a brother, and a friend. Best of luck in what life holds for you in the future, I have no doubt you'll succeed.

tazz : I cannot even begin to describe how much help you've been for dcae all these weeks. From your really dumb ideas, to teams that just sometimes won dcae games from preview, you were an extreme core part of our team. Thank you for all these weeks of selfless help, and I cannot wait for you to dominate whatever tour comes your way next. Your one of the best builders to touch this game bro, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Moutemoute: You dude, have been absolutely amazing. From Day 1, you were helping everyone day in and day out as much as you could. I'm glad you also got a few games in, and you showed exactly why you deserve to be here. You absolutely do not deserve any of the shit you get thrown at you. We all have lapses in judgment at times, but you are genuinely a good dude. I cannot wait for your next tour, Ill be watching to see just how far you go. Love you my friend

trash : Though you weren't that active, you did always drop some gold from now and again. Though that may be from you being a damn weeb 24/7. Who knows :D

jcbc : You joined about halfway through the season, and my oh my what a specular help you have been. Thank you for all those hours of selfless help to RW when he was going through a tough time, and for our other tiers as well. I really hope you get drafted in SPL or whatever tour you plan on participating in next. You are a gem in the rough and truly underappreciated, and for that I can only say thank you.

Bag of Trixx : PU don right here. Thank you for all your help with bumass tjay and teambuilding with him whenever you had a chance. I know you were busy closer to the end of the season but regardless, you were a a key part of our win. And yes, you are better than tjay at among us

Hurtadoo : Not going to lie you didn't speak much English when you talked, so I didn't really get to have much of any conversation with you. But I'm sure pepe and I can agree he owes a big part of his success to you. Your a beast bro and thank you for all the help.

Shogarth : You a lazy mf LOL I don't think you spoke more than 100 lines all season outside of Pokémon Gatcha. But im sure all your luck there translated to our win in some weird twist of fate :D

Posho : You a cute cheerleader. Thank you for being supporting us every week. You are also the luckiest Pokémon Gatcha dude I've ever seen.

I was going to end here but I just cant post this without a huge s/o to our star Eo Ut Mortus . You were an absolute unit all season, and the 10-1 record speaks for itself. Every week Id be hesitant because of the out of this world teams you would bring, but in classic Eo fashion you made it work. A big thing I've always respected about you is you were not afraid to build your teams outside the boundary that is known as "viability". This trophy was a long time coming, and Im glad you finally got it. Thank you my brother for being the most pivotal part of this success story.

And to any new Smogon face reading this, or anyone who was was excited about this tour but didn't get a chance to participate. I promise you'll get your chance soon. Your chance to play and star on a big stage will come soon I promise you. It might take a little bit of time and effort, but don't ever think any hopes you had to play are forever diminished, or the reason you weren't picked was because your so called "worse" at this RNG based game we call Pokémon. And in the times were living in now, I understand this can be a small amount of stress that you very much don't need in your life. If you ever want to vent or just want someone to talk to, Bushtush#5320 is my discord. Feel free to hit me up.
You deserved a shoutout more than everybody, fucking goat. Best manager ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)