Finals Smogon Snake Draft IV - Finals [Won by Sky Tower Lindworms]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess it's over now. I'll try to be as honest as I was last year, I don't like sugarcoating things (especially my performance) or pretending everyone was super perfect; I think being (self)critical is always good, and sometimes we tend to forget that when we win. As for my own performance, I won't lie, I absolutely threw 3/6 games I lost and misplayed in 2 of the others. Now, that doesn't mean I played perfectly in the games I won, but I feel like my positives outweighed the negatives in those, and while there's still a lot to learn from every mistake (and every good move too, actually) this is not about analyzing my entire season, but rather about briefly (yeah, very brief) explaining how I feel. That being said, I am very fond of my performance in both tiebreaker games. When I was joking on the stours server about learning a tier in 4 days because I hadn't played a single game of it, well, I actually wasn't joking; I am proud of myself for being able to not only learn the tiers, but also build my own teams (with some advice for optimizing them, ofc) and perform better than in any other games I've had, which led me to beat both of the top dogs in their respective tiers. This is the textbook definition of bragging, but c'mon, I have some license for that after having won the tour. Overall, though, I've had a better time playing this year and have felt more useful than when we won in the last one (obvioiusly), and even though our general chat wasn't the most active of them all (my fault too, I didn't chat at all), we really bound together in playoffs and that made the experience much more enjoyable.

Gondra sabes que no has sido el mejor manager (deja de jugar al lol sucia zorra), pero has buildeado bastantes teams y ayudado a testear, así que ha sido suficiente y no te culpo por nada, gracias por confiar en mi en los tiebreaks y en general; pensaba que no sería lo suficientemente bueno para r4 pero supongo que sí? Sabes que te aprecio mucho y te deseo lo mejor, tanto si sigues jugando como si no. Cuando quieras hablar dime :)

Bushtush THE HYPE MAN HIMSELF. Ngl I'm happy that you got unbanned, I didn't know you much before your ban, but whatever you did, I think you moved past it. It's so funny seeing you lose your shit over everything and start freaking out when we win, never change man. I honestly also think that you helped a lot with managerial duties and had a big part in UU prep, so thank you for that.

xImRaptor pa cuándo el pingüino gigante por amazon? Hablando de pingüinos, parece una gilipollez pero creo que eso de postearlo todas las weeks fue guay para unir al equipo. A ver si te desbannean ya, porque si lo que dijiste es cierto vaya estupidez de ban. Deja el waifubot puto

Eo Ut Mortus there are no words to describe how dominant you were in this tour. Week after week you'd tilt me in tests with your strange teams and then proceed to destroy your opponent. Thanks for carrying me during regular season, and I'm glad you were finally able to get the trophy you've long deserved. I really enjoyed taunting bea with you and I hope we can team up again in the future.

umbry I honestly have no idea about doubles so the only thing I really know is that u destroyed the field. I'm glad you were confident in your abilities to win the tiebreaker in semis and watching people gas you is certainly a sight to behold. I hope to see you smack more people around in the upcoming SPL.

dcae I want to choke you to death for what you did against serene, but at the same time seeing you load up webs 5 times in a row and destroying every opponent was funny as fuck, as well as your OU game against Rodri spamming king's rock and somehow winning. All in all, you carried us during regular season and you clinched the tie in semis so you did more than enough for the team, and were also a great chat presence. I'm still tryna make larvesta work btw, that mon has to be genius for sure.

beatiful la verdad que tu arco de personaje ha evolucionado bastante: pasaste de ser un sub en casi la última ronda a ganar un tiebreaker en la final y clasificar para el stour. Aunque para nada creo que jugases perfecto en tus games, has ganado cuando hacía falta y estoy agradecido por ello, tanto como por los ánimos que me dabas en los tiebreaks. También disfruté bastante haciéndote bullying, no te voy a mentir jajajajaja. Suerte en el smogon tour bro.

Realistic Waters I hope you're alright buddy :( It's a shame that you weren't feeling well in playoffs, but I'm still grateful for your performance during regular season. You're a great person and I hope to keep playing NU with you in the future. Take care and enjoy the green.

Pepeduce ngl your teams drove me insane every week to the point where I decided I didn't wanna look at the RU channel not to have a heart attack. That being said, you did win most of your games even if you had some poor showings. Enjoy your deserved green.

TJ just the fact that the pop smoke meme exists cause of you is good enough of a reason to give you the green. You got some crucial wins in the untier known as PU and tbh did more than anyone else to keep the chat as active as possible. You were a very chill guy and hopefully we can team up again in the future.

Poek sé que este tour te la ha sudado bastante, pero hay que decir que cuando te daba por hablar eras bastante divertido. Gracias por el game de CENTISKORCH y por tus cumplidos(?). Si algún año de estos te apetece ganar la world cup estaré encantado de jugar contigo, y no me opondría a algunas recomendaciones de animes.

Jytcampbell Haven't talked much with you and ik you got busy near the end, but u were a v chill guy and got some nice wins for us. Liking boku no pico is questionable at best imo tbh js but enjoy your trophy regardless.

Ewin after having asked you multiple times about it, I still believe in your innocence. If what you were saying is true the TDs kinda just didn't give a single fuck about (or delayed on purpose) the decision they made, so I hope you get unbanned sometime soon. I do think what you did in your game against ima was pretty cringe but you already apologized for it and ik you have no ill intent generally. Thanks a lot for supporting us with teams, tests and gassing us up. It sucks that you won't get the trophy but you deserve it as much as anyone else.

Moutemoute your enthusiasm and UU help were very much appreciated, but I do believe you should chill out a bit. You've said some questionable things I think you should reflect upon, but that's none of my business. I encourage you to keep that energetic attitude, though, and enjoy your deserved green.

talkingtree thanks for helping umbry out and being a lovely chat presence. I wish you the best in future tours and enjoy the well deserved green.

Bobby Dagen No formabas parte del equipo oficialmente, pero sé que ayudaste a gondra con el draft y me alegro por ello. Eres uno de mis amigos más viejos en esto (y el único al que he visto irl, de hecho), así que tampoco tengo mucho más que decir. En breves nos vemos y nos tomamos una caña juntos bro.

Hurtadoo jcbc Bag of Trixx tazz thanks for helping in RU, NU, PU and LC respectively and being in the chat, you're part of the reason why our low tiers were so dominant in the regular season. Special thanks to Hurtadoo for the help in the finals tb and let's press F to pay respects for him.

Pearl trash Rewer thanks for being in the chat and cheering us up, Shogarth puto carried te quiero negro, ojalá hablaras más. Posho gracias por darle a Bea la forma ultra instinto (o como coño se diga) al spoilearle boruto, vaya mierda de animes que ves pero te quiero igual.

Thanks to everyone who rooted for me and congratulated me on my wins, it meant a lot :)

Now, this one has to go outside the spoiler tag for sure. HUGE shoutout to London Beats for making this tour infinite times more enjoyable than it otherwise would've been. I really hated OU until week 3 when we just said "fuck it, future sight Alakazam into CB Urshifu-W", and then we proceeded to do that for the rest of the season, building and using whatever the fuck we wanted, i.e. fucking focus punch seismitoad rain in finals, which could've very well won if not for my stupidity, or a life orb Gardevoir in week 8. You worked your ass off week after week despite not being on the team (or even in the server) just to help me, even spamming tests for the tiebreaker games when you didn't have a clue about how those tiers functioned either. I can't stress enough how grateful I am for that and how much fun I've had, so the least I can do is write this shoutout and hopefully convince some SPL manager to get you for 3k, because you absolutely deserve to be given another shot. And ofc, I am looking forward to creating many more fond memories with you in the upcoming years.

There's one other thing I'd like to comment on before signing off, and that's regarding the SPL tier discussion. I'm unaware of any decisions that may have been reached on this matter, so if everything has been settled just ignore this, but I wanted to give my 2 cents as a lower tier player who has been playing CG OU in the last 2 official tournaments, albeit not to great success. Honestly, I don't understand what this is all about. Some people say they want SPL to be as competitive as possible, but it's quite clear that the best solution for that is axing not only lower tiers, but also old gens. All CG OU like in world cup would result in the most competitive pool possible, however you look at it. I also don't understand why tiers should have equal representation or why that is an argument in favor of getting rid of lower tiers in the tournament; Just compare the sizes of the playerbases of lower tiers and old gens, couple that with the fact that lower tiers are all CG, which will attract more attention from new players than old metagames, and I think you just have to discard the argument of "since old gens are in less tournaments we should get rid of lower tiers in SPL". Now, we know what this is actually all about. This debate has existed since before I started playing: "Mainers are so bad, why do we allow lower tiers in a supposedly exclusive tournament like SPL?". Okay, look, it would be silly to pretend that people like Kushalos or Ajna are as good as BKC, Ojama, Lavos etc. but they're still more skilled than many of the OU starters; I know that the problem is that the bottom of the pools is full of bad players in lower tiers, but let's not turn a blind eye on the plethora of horrendous chokes and performances by the bottoms of the old gens pools either; people tend to overlook what's not in their interest. After playing 11 weeks of CG OU and facing one of the toughest opponent pools, I can assuredly say that the skill gap isn't as big as people say it is. Yes, my record has been mediocre but I've never had an outstanding record in any tier anyway, and as stated above this was mostly my fault; I never felt helpless against my opponents or anything like that. Obviously I've improved since the last time I played a lower tier in an official tournament, but I still stand by this. I was discussing this with Pearl a couple of weeks ago, and we both liked BKC's idea of cutting the number of teams to 8 instead of 10. Go check out their posts to see their reasoning, I don't think I have much to add on to that, but wanted to thank them anyway. And before someone jumps at me, I LOVE playing/watching old gens and would never wish for them to be axed or have less representation, my point has nothing to do with that.

Aaaaaaand that's it, if you have for some reason read me endlessly ramble on, thank you for doing so. See you all in SPL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)