SM OU: z0mOG vs Kory2600
SM OU: Xtra vs Jimmy Turtwig
SM DOU: SMB vs Nails
SM UU: Amane Misa vs Adaam
SM RU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Kink
SM NU: Eternally vs Ren-chon
SM PU: Taskr vs Ktütverde
SM LC: tazz vs Osh

Deadline will be September 1st, 10:00 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
SM OU: Tamahome vs august
SM OU: Cdumas vs Gondra
SM OU: Updated Kanto vs TonyFlygon
SM OU: Santu vs SoulWind

SM OU: Hayburner vs Eo Ut Mortus
SM OU: Insult vs dice
SM OU: Tace vs FMG
SM OU: Valentine vs Jytcampbell

SM OU: Indigo Plateau vs Sacri'
SM OU: Relous vs BKC
SM OU: xImRaptor vs Star
SM OU: Lopunny Kicks vs yjh971203

SM OU: Empo vs Chaitanya
SM OU: Gilbert arenas vs Mana
SM OU: Rexus vs Twixtry
SM OU: xray vs ABR

SM OU: :bloblul: vs ramboss
SM OU: HSA vs Tricking
SM OU: z0mOG vs Kory2600
SM OU: Xtra vs Jimmy Turtwig

can i PLEASE just get my name changed to Xtra. this guy last sign in was in 2006 until i messaged him in august of 2014 and he logged in the NEXT day just to check it and reset the fucking timeline for me to get a name change of his account. he hasnt signed in since

edit: with lowercase cuz uppercase X is ugly af

Fresh off completing the Power Rankings, it is time for the predictions.
For those expecting me to predict my own team's games, I regret to inforn you that doing that will be put in hold for the time being. My apologies. Anyway, on to the PREDICTIONS

Ambrette Astrotias (5) vs (4) Rumble Hall Rattlers

SM OU: Tamahome vs august | august is certainly a capable player, consistently churning out solid performances with BKC's support. That being said, Tama is probably the best DPPer of the modern era....wait this is an SM OU matchup? LOOL bro what the fuck is this. There's no way in hell I can bold august here. He probably has as much SM OU knowledge as me dude come on. If he was playing a goon, I would probably talk myself into it tbh but not against Tama.
SM OU: Cdumas vs Gondra | I can't believe I'm bolding this dumbass clown again LOL he let me down every week in SPL bro. The sheet looker in me can't resist, though. Gondra's a capable player but he's not that great, and one bad tour isn't gonna completely take me off the Cdumas bandwagon. I predict that he'll start off Snake strong with a win.
SM OU: Updated Kanto vs TonyFlygon | I haven't completely bought into the TonyFlygon hype, but he's surely better than Kanto in 2019 LOL Kanto has really done nothing to inspire confidence in his abilities in recent memory, whereas Tony is in heat form. Add in the teambuilding support edge, and Tony should have a solid advantage here.
SM OU: Santu vs SoulWind | Santu is pretty mediocre and unimpressive overall. Should be a donation for SoulWind, one of the best players in recent history.
SM DOU: Mint16 vs Spurrific | imagine predicting Doubles
SM UU: Lycans vs TDK | If this game happened in 2018, TDK would be favored fot sure. We are in 2019, though, and the tables have turned quite a bit. Lycans is in sensational form in his past three tournaments, whereas TDK seemingly can't buy a win to save his life. People are concerned about Lycans's lack of team support, but he did have 2 weeks to prepare for this game so he should be fine. TDK is still one of the best players of the past 3 years, so he could easily turn it on and take this. Until I see some evidence, though, solid edge to the player in crazy-good form.
SM RU: Feliburn vs rozes | I really may have lost my mind here LOL Banking on Feliburn to win after his disastrous SPL 9 showing is making me pretty nervous. Then again, it's not like rozes has had much success in team tournaments, and was relegated to a deep bench role for the Wolfpack in SPL 10. rozes is probably a hair better, but I'll trust Feliburn to use his extensive metagame knowledge and grab a solid team matchup for himself. Please don't "Feli" it away vro.
SM NU: jrdn vs Kushalos | jrdn farmed some wins against some dogshit losers in World Cup. He's probably gonna end up with less wins in Snake than he did in that tour LOL Kushalos is the best NUer in the tournament, and he should effortlessly destroy this random.
SM PU: false vs GaryTheGengar
| imagine picking false to win bros LOL there's 0 reason for me to think this man isn't terrible. apparently he has the fabled god tier team support from HJAD in his corner, but unless his mu is too good to throw, I'll take my chances. Gary is probably like an average player and he prob has under 5 games of PU experience. I'm sure the Rumblers will use the 2 weeks of preparation to get him a solid team, though, so I like his odds of winning this one.
SM LC: ZoroDark vs teal6 | This should be a cool game. teal's solid but I rate ZoroClick relatively highly. He's had some impressive tournament showings and is a better player overall than teal. He's unlikely to bring some mystery-spider-esque nonsense, but he has the talent to outplay here.

Lake of Rage Leviathans (4) vs (5) Celadon City Cobras

SM OU: Hayburner vs Eo Ut Mortus | Hayburner is pretty unimpressive, and I view him as like a 4k player. Eo's pretty solid, and is hard to counterteam as well. He should easily be able to take this one.
SM OU: Insult vs dice | This pick could easily look retarded. Insult's decently high ranking was pretty surprising to me, since he really hasn't done anything of note. I wasn't really impressed by his SPL games either. God knows how much experience dice has, but I've been really high on him as a player for a while. Gonna bank on that talent here.
SM OU: Tace vs FMG | Tace seems to have a decent amount of hype surrounding him. Some of it is from littlelucario, though, which doesn't inspire much faith in his skills LOL Regardless, FMG has the talent to become a franchise player in the near future. His play is impressive and he's had some nice showings lately. Big edge.
SM OU: Valentine vs Jytcampbell | Val's honestly relatively solid, and more ofte than not manages to grab some wins. That's more than I can say about Jyt
SM DOU: emforbes vs Tman | emi's the best doubles player bop
SM UU: Charmflash vs Accelgor | charm had a phenomenal SPL, and he's a relatively skilled battler. I'm not entire buying into the hype yet, but he should definitely win this game. Accel is a TagPro main and has very little success or experience on the big stage.
SM RU: Welliou vs UltraBallz | this game's basically a tossup. Two very comparable players that were forced into RU. I think the Well is a hair more proven so.
SM NU: Garay oak vs Finchinator | Honestly, as an outsider, Finch was disrespected hard in the PRs. He's not the greatest player but is certainly solid and is definitely better than number 6 in the rankings. Garay's hyped as hell and is in good form, but Finch has the drive, the experience, and until proven otherwise, probably a bit more talent. I like the "underdog"
SM PU: Xiri vs Raiza | irrelevant ass clowns LOL
SM LC: Luthier vs Kingler12345 | Bolding the loaf hurts my soul but it must be done. Luthier is hyped, but has yet to do anything groundbreaking in team tours. Kingler's pretty average, and that's better than nothing.

Black City Mambas (3) vs (6) Terminus Taipans

SM OU: Empo vs Chaitanya | I'm not ready to drink the Empo Kool Aid just yet. He's a pretty good battler, though, and way more proven than Chaitanya. Should be a cakewalk.
SM OU: Gilbert arenas vs Mana | marcop has been hot lately, but doing well in ADV is pretty irrelevant here. Far better players have struggled a bit adjusting to SM OU, and Mana with ABR'S support especially is no slouch.
SM OU: Rexus vs Twixtry | Twixtry had some decent showings in WCoP. He could easily be bad, but there's no way in hell you'll catch me bolding a PU mainer's name in OU LOOOL come on vros wtf r we doing here YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PUT THE ESTABLISHED TOUR VETERANS IN THE LOWER TIERS NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND
SM OU: xray vs ABR | In ORAS, I think xray would have a decent shot. But in SM, it's no contest. Expect domination from the number one overall player in the tour.
SM DOU: Human vs Ezrael
SM UU: Christo vs robjr | If you've seen anything I've said about UU lately, you'll know im a Christo fan. His skill is very impressive and he will be out to snatch the soul of the man who unjustly pillaged the number one ranking. rob with Pearl support is a scary foe, but Christo smashed Pearl in SPL and he has the skill to destroy rob as well.
SM RU: Averardo vs Alpha Rabbit | Mainer battle. Rabbit seems to habe some hype, while many feel Averardo shouldn't be a starter.
SM NU: ict vs Sjneider | Snjeider looked like a fish out of water in SPL. Leon is pretty solid and should annihilate him.
SM PU: Sam I Yam vs Teddeh | Sam is a random ass clown while Teddeh is the dominant force in the pool. Expect an effortless destruction.
SM LC: LilyAC vs jake | Lily is somewhat hyped, but Zeb is a veteran. Rookies are known to falter in the debuts, and Zeb should be good enough to take this.

Berry Forest Bushmasters (4) vs (6) Lanakila Nagas

SM OU: blarghlfarghl vs ramboss | Seeing is believing and I haven't seen enough just yet. ramboss could easily be a clown, but he's the more unknown quantity and had a decent World Cup. I refuse to believe blargh improved a significant amount in such a short time. Let's see if his run was a fluke or not.
SM OU: HSA vs Tricking | HSA is becoming a solid player, but this game's pretty difficult. Clicking is pretty consistent and is one of the best players in the tour.
SM OU: z0mOG vs Kory2600 | z0m is relatively solid and Kory is someone who never impressed me. I don't really think he's good. Big edge to z0m.
SM OU: Xtra vs Jimmy Turtwig | This game is NONSENSE LOOOL what the fuck. I have no reason to believe xtra is suddenly good after his long hiatus from tours. Jimmy probably knows jack shit about SM OU, but he's more talented than xtra in 2019 and had 2 weeks to learn the metagame. I don't feel good about this, but small edge.
SM DOU: SMB vs Nails | Nails is a VGC threat but SMB is widely considered to be a top 2 Doubles player.
SM UU: Amane Misa vs Adaam | Amane Misa is a complete random LOL like who tf. Adaam could definitely flop, but this should be a pretty free win fir the hyped prospect
SM RU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Kink | bro there's no way someone who was bad for like 5 yrs suddenly became solid LOOL meeps plays like trash sometimes, but he has a decent pedigree and has won some important games on the big stage. In a terrible player pool, he could turn in a pretty solid performance.
SM NU: Eternally vs Ren-chon | Eternally is probably like slightly above average? Ren-chon did well in NUPL but we're in a relevant tournament now lol. Expect a demolition.
SM PU: Taskr vs Ktütverde | idk what to make of this but Ktut was drafted way earlier. People seem to think his innovation game is on point, so all else being equal, small edge against the BKC PU.
SM LC: tazz vs Osh | If you read Levi's description of tazz, you'll come away feeling like he's the second coming of Jesus LOL I'm not buying it yet. Osh is the Gerk slayer and has a knack for picking up wins. I'll take the experienced player here.

LOLO BOP WELCOME TO THE UNBIASED PREDICTIONS

Sky Tower Lindworms (3) vs (6) Shinto Ruin Serpents

SM OU: Indigo Plateau vs Sacri' | God knows why Indigo Plateau was taken in R5 LOOL WTF IS GOING ON DUDE He should definitely have been like a Round 11 pick. He may have some upside, but it's hard to like his odds here. Sacri is relatively solid and should take this one.
SM OU: Relous vs BKC | Relous has had some decent World Cup games, but he hasn't proven to be anything special. Even though SM isn't his main gen, BKC is one of the best players ever, and the fire raging inside him should lay waste to the German.
SM OU: xImRaptor vs Star | Raptor is a complete random who was taken in Round 7, which was even more egregious than taking IP in R5 LOOL He could easily be dogshit. His opponent is Star, one of the best players in the tournament in my opinion. This should be a curbstomp.
SM OU: Lopunny Kicks vs yjh971203 | yjh has had some decent games. Lop Kicks is expected to be a top SM OU player, though, and generally manages to find the wins.
SM DOU: Croven vs Demantoid
SM UU: HT vs Corckscrew | This is a classic case of favoring the unknown quantity over the dogshit veteran LOL HT is actually awful and miraculously managed to avoid a disastrous SPL. Corckscrew could easily end up being complete trash, but for now, at least there's a small chance he's a diamond in the rough.
SM RU: Ajna vs Nat | The top 2 RUers will duke it out in Week 1. Ajna-s the top dog here, though, and I think he's a better player. Small edge.
SM NU: col49 vs Bobby Dagen | This should be a good one. 49 is pretty talented, and I think he'll be able to innovate his way to a team advantage with lax's support. That's enough for a small edge against a pretty comparatively skilled battler.
SM PU: Tsunami vs soulgazer | Is this SPL 5? LOOOL what the fuck is this. I literally don't like Pokemon and haven't played it in ages. Honestly unsure what's even in PU tbh LOL Is my boy Zigzagoon good? sg's definitely more talented and motivated in 2019. big edge.
SM LC: tko vs BurntZebra | tko completes the overvalued as fuck trifecta. It's very puzzling that he was taken in Round 6. BurntZebra has some hype surrounding him and has Star's support. That's more than enough to favor him in this one

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
SM OU: Tamahome (75) vs (25) august - Sure we all wish this battle was in DPP, but it's not. Have not seen august in SM beyond occasional chat theorymonning while Tama has been one of the more consistent performers in SM, so leaning his way pretty heavily.
SM OU: Cdumas (55) vs (45) Gondra - Really cool match-up, imo. Both of these guys are not exactly spotlight hogs atm, with Cdu falling off a bit after SPL and Gondra not being the most outspoken dude himself. With that said, both can really play when they're on their game. I think Cdu is a bit better overall -- definitely historically, at least. Idk what form he is in rn, but gonna hope it's better than that of SPL and go with him here.
SM OU: Updated Kanto (49) vs (51) TonyFlygon - Hard to pick because I believe Tony is better, but there's a smaller sample size out on him than Kanto and Kanto has seemed to stick around despite fading a lot since his breakout SPL. I feel like this pick is more a guess than anything else as idk where Tony truly is out, but I trust him more than Kanto and I don't rate SM Kanto that high, so here's hoping.
SM OU: Santu (30) vs (70) SoulWind - Pretty clear-cut. Santu is not bad, but SoulWind is better and neither are really metagame mains or builders, so any advantages there are hard to project as is.
SM NU: Jrdn (40) vs (60) Kushalos - Honestly, would not be shocked to see an upset here. Kush is still the clear favorite, but I think Jrdn is out to prove himself and Kush may not really know how to approach him, leaving him to go with something that he just feels will be solid, which normally means some risky conceptual balance.

SM OU: Indigo Plateau (30) vs (70) Sacri' - The thing with Sacri' is that he is always going to use balance and BO teams in OU, but a lot of people who are not quite as good as him simply will not be able to beat him no matter what countermeasures they resort to. Indigo is not bad, but I think he is less proven than people give him credit for, with just an OST run under his belt pretty much. I think that Sacri' thrives in these situations against less experienced or less proven-to-be versatile opposition, so I expect him to win here with a lot of confidence.
SM OU: Relous (40) vs (60) BKC - Relous strikes me as pretty average usually, which is good enough to get some wins in this pool for sure at least. I don't think BKC will be one of them though. Idk what his form is given that he has not been frequenting SM afaik, but he's a much better player here and should take it.
SM OU: xImRaptor (35) vs (65) Star - I ranked him third and he's the subject of the trades that provoked the drama between these two teams, so he better win.
SM OU: Lopunny Kicks (70) vs (30) yjh971203 - yjh is a nice guy to have on your team, but he never stood out too much as a player to me during our SPL together. Would love to see him breakout here, but I think that he still has a ways to go whereas Lop Kicks is proven to be pretty solid and he has his own style, which is not always the easiest to prepare for.
SM NU: col (49) vs (51) Bobby Dagen - See what I did there? Anyway, I think Rodri is the more established player, but the potential for col to use something really fucking cool makes him an appealing choice every week regardless of opponent. I will side with Rodri as he has more experience in NU and positive experience overall tbh, but this could go either way. Very excited to see what col brings.

SM OU: Empo (49) vs (51) Chaitanya - Upset alert. Empo is obviously solid, but his endgames can be pretty poor sometimes and I think Chait rarely runs into that problem. While Empo is more experienced in the metagame, Chait is not afraid to make aggressive plays to position himself positively and I think that can go a long way against someone like Empo. A lot will come down to the teams used probably, but I really think Chait can take this one.
SM OU: Gilbert arenas (40) vs (60) Mana - Two Tyrants going at it. Marcop is a strong player overall, so I will not count him out, but Mana is pretty solid in SM and I think he is poised for a strong showing on this team. I really like seeing what Mana elects to use in his games and Marcop has never played SM seriously before, so kinda excited for this one.
SM OU: Rexus (40) vs (60) Twixtry - Twix is lowkey quite good at SM imo. Think he wins this one and goes positive. Rexus is not too shabby either, but I feel he's stronger in PU and he's a bit better of a builder than player. Expect some crazy stuff from him, but I think he falls short here.
SM OU: xray (35) vs (65) ABR - Kinda a highlight? Idk, xray has never wow'd me in SM tbh. ABR is great and should be able to take it unless he uses something headass, which is entirely possible.
SM NU: ict (60) vs (40) Sjneider - Idk what to make of this pairing. Ict is more proven from SPL, so he probs will take it, especially seeing as his support holds true. Sjneider has potential to be great, so keep an eye out for that as the tournament goes on.

SM OU: blarghlfarghl (65) vs (35) ramboss - I refuse to feed blargh's ego, so he gets no comment and I get an angry react.
SM OU: HSA (30) vs (70) Tricking - HSA won't last to week 4 if he keeps drawing opponents like Tricking LMAO
SM OU: z0mOG (49) vs (51) Kory2600 - This one is really close. I think z0m is a bit better actually, but I feel like Kory is going to be able to exploit some tendencies while not being weak to screens kinda stuff, so his building prowess could go a long way here. Would not be shocked to see z0m take it as he has some nice timely aggression going on in his recent games imo, but Kory is a steady player himself and has a stylistic advantage, so gonna go with my gut here ultimately.
SM OU: Xtra (55) vs (45) Jimmy Turtwig - Xtra is annoying as shit, but he is not bad and he understands SM better than I imagine Jimmy to. If this was any other generation, it would be a different story, but it is SM, so gonna go with Xtra.
SM NU: Eternally (65) vs (35) Ren-chon - SSD Eternally? Hell yea. This guy always goes on a tear during this tournament and I expect more of the same here. Renchon is fine, but he is gonna need some experience before he takes down top names in the tier I think.

Last edited:

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.
-

clown-face-emoji-by-twitter(2).png

SM OU: blarghlfarghl vs KratosMana |
blargh somehow manages to continue defying expectations and pick up wins. This week, though, he faces a real challenge. Anti is a very good player, and has played pretty well in the tournament so far. I still don't really have much confidence in blargh's playing abilities, and would be shocked if he outplayed anti. He could easily cheese into a matchup win, but I'll trust anti to not let that happen. With neutral matchup, this should be a pretty one-sided affair.

SM OU: blarghlfarghl vs Relous | This game is pretty similar to insult vs. blargh from last round. I have no reason to really have that much faith in Relous, but blargh is a terrible player, and it will take more than an auto-win matchup with the broken moth to make me bold his name.

Last edited:
I'm going to predict the final score of each series but I'll only predict game by game for OU/UU/RU

Ambrette Astrotias (4) vs (6) Rumble Hall Rattlers

SM OU: Tamahome (80) vs august (20)
SM OU: Cdumas (40) vs Gondra (60)
SM OU: Updated Kanto (40) vs TonyFlygon (60)
SM OU: Santu (35) vs SoulWind (65)
SM UU: Lycans (40) vs TDK (60)
SM RU: Feliburn (45) vs rozes (55)

Sky Tower Lindworms (5) vs (5) Shinto Ruin Serpents

SM OU: Indigo Plateau (40) vs Sacri' (60)
SM OU: Relous (45) vs BKC (55)
SM OU: xImRaptor (35) vs Star (65)
SM OU: Lopunny Kicks (60) vs yjh971203 (40)
SM UU: HT (55) vs Corckscrew (45)
SM RU: Ajna (55) vs Nat (45)

Black City Mambas (3) vs (7) Terminus Taipans

SM OU: Empo (70) vs Chaitanya (30)
SM OU: Gilbert arenas (20) vs Mana (80)
SM OU: Rexus (35) vs Twixtry (65)
SM OU: xray (15) vs ABR (85)
SM UU: Christo (45) vs robjr (55)
SM RU: Averardo (45) vs Alpha Rabbit (55)

Berry Forest Bushmasters (6) vs (4) Lanakila Nagas

SM OU: blarghlfarghl (55) vs ramboss (45)
SM OU: HSA (40) vs Tricking (60)
SM OU: z0mOG (60) vs Kory2600 (40)
SM OU: Xtra (55) vs Jimmy Turtwig (45)
SM UU: Amane Misa (30) vs Adaam (70)
SM RU: SPACE FORCE meeps (40) vs Kink (60)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)