Smogon Snake Draft II - Stage 1, Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Loved my first team tour, Assassins you were amazing and I wouldn't change most things about our season. Special shout-out to my bestie Lavos you're an amazing friend and glad we got to play some mons together. Pearl and Sabella thanks for giving me the chance to do my best, I think we had a great tour.

Thanks to everyone not on my team who helped me with tests n.n Yeezy Misa Ed Viv

#FreeBushtush

z0mOG

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 26 Championis a defending SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
DPL Champion
thanks for the fun season gliders, im still almost entirely happy with how we drafted and would happily draft all [13] of you again. big thanks to ggggd for volunteering to sign up with me when nobody else was interested

great job to lax on being one of the only people to finish 4-0 and being a bigger team carry than anybody in any other team i've been on. I hope you can stop being too too frustrated about these team tours and change your mind about the future :(

also a shoutout to 1 True Lycan and FMG for cementing yourselves as big forces to be reckoned with in OU despite expectations from outside teams, and same goes to emforbes for showing up as one of the strongest looking doubles players (and a worlds runner up...) despite a dang 8th ranking! I hope the couple of you who didn't reach the record you wanted will stop beating yourselves up too much about how you did, you put your best feet forward and never stopped being great teammates/chat presences, and that is how you can measure your worth as a teammate. despite not naming everyone, know that I was very glad to have you all as teammates and friends :pimp:

anyway, TBD what spl will hold, maybe I'll seek to manage again because I had a lot of fun and i think i did a pretty good job, especially given that I had to adapt my draft for pick 1 which is one of the few picks i initially had little to no desire for >_< go sidewinders btw!

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
With Aldo’s loss, our season is over

Making shoutouts for this is silly to me but I’m really glad I got to meet you dudes and huge props to our OU for proving everyone wrong. Emiloat etc

However, there is some negativity in this post. soulgazer I can’t fucking believe you man. Honestly. We could already tell from day 1 that you probably preffered to team with another team but we tried and tried really hard to incorporate you into the team. Right when we thought you did, what happens? You use a team without receiving any thoughts or comments because it was early, and you lose. You sub yourself out on your own and yoppie brings the win. Ok, people lose, that’s fine. Live and learn, right? Wrong. It was so obvious that you wanted to try your hand at OU and the team gave you the oppurtunity to. You were more active, talking with our ou games a lot so we thought there was change. However, you decide to play earlier than expected and bring a team that literally no one was talking about and get completely demolished. You didn’t ask anyone if you should use it and randomly decided to. Then you sub yourself out AGAIN, like what the fuck dude? Your lack of effort and dislike for the team is fucking shining brighter than the sun right now dude. Then, on this final day, you decide to praise the dude that just knocked us out. I’m sorry man, I understand praising friends but based on your efforts in the team it seems like you’re just being a dick and rubbing it in our face. I’m just so disappointed and regretful about this.

Obviously, I cannot blame a singular person for not qualifying because it’s a team effort. I just think sg’s actions are ridiculous and it really pisses me off. Future managers, if your name isn’t ABR, please do not make the mistake of drafting sg cuz he won’t give a shit and bring your team down.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, it is certainly awkward to have the faith of another team in my hands for the first time ever so... apologizing would be odd so I just wanna say that I actually tried to win so guys had a shot (and to avoid the tiebreaker for my team ofc)

But yeah, better luck next season.

was a fun tour while it lasted, thanks for drafting me zom! loved everyone on my team besides ggggd the most useless manager i ever met. 2 teamtours with him as manager and 0 help/involvement at all lol.
amounts of tag: 85

responses to my tags: 2
pablo's involvement: 53 total messages

i nearly had to spam pablo in pms for tests or any help, and guess what? i got basically 0. ya basically had no help and went solo every game w/ minimal help except when i begged pablo to bring viper in the chat for help. THANKS ItzViper482 for helping me!!
after all my attempt getting help for my 2nd game vs levi this is what he says:

ya maybe if u actually helped me, i could have won.

it was a fun tour overall cause of my teammates and sorry for my poor record (maybe if i got help ahahahha), was hoping for more help in my first teamtour after carrying his ass last snake lmao.

Just going to post activity, it will happen but for the sake of keeping thing clear. Ezrael left regionals late for personal reasons and so he is getting home later than he expected, we were supposed to play at 8pm (since thats the time he said he would be able to play) and then it turned out not to be the case. He is setting something up so we can play at 9:30pm EST. If he isn't here by then he said he is forfeiting the game, but the game will happen. If anything else is needed I will provide it, but just posting this to be clear that I have been working on his schedule and not the other way around.
ezrael ff.png

gonna keep this brief, has really been a pleasure teaming with all these cool cats this snake really made my first experience memorable. Unfortunately luck was not really on our side but this game is brazzy like that. Special s/o to Zenithial, PurpleGatorade , aim and hyw for the test games and help with prep could not have done nearly as well as I did without your help :]

also S/o to Level 56 and Kaori for giving me a shot!

Last edited:
Wish I could say that was an unexpected way to go out but with how my luck is in this game I am not surprised at all, just genuinely sad. Ggs to everyone I played and good luck to all my friends in play offs.

Since I feel this will be the last team tour I get picked up in I'd like to say this is the most fun I've had with a team in a team tournament. You guys were all very outgoing people who made me feel like I had a place there from my first message. Thank you Kaori and Level 56 for seeing something in me and giving me a shot. The Sidewinders are all great people and I want nothing but the best for all of you... except xxKoDxx.. thanks for leaking UB's team in OLT and then quitting right after!

Last thing I want to note on is how hard it was being a solo in DOU. I am a VGC main so I have to get into the groove with tests in order to really feel comfortable in my play, which I didn't have in this tour. All my friends were also playing so I didn't really have anyone to test with the whole time, causing me to go into most games pretty much blind with the team. So I guess what I am getting at is try to make sure you have support in your tiers, I didn't think it would be hard to be a one man act but this tour I really felt it.

That's it from me.

However, there is some negativity in this post. xXKidOfDeathXx I can’t fucking believe you man. Honestly. We could already tell from day 1 that you probably preferred to team with another team but we tried and tried really hard to incorporate you into the team. Right when we thought you did, what happens? You use MY SNAKE team without receiving PERMISSION because I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE HALF A BRAIN, and you lose. You QUIT ON OUR TEAM and I DO NOT BRING THE WIN. Ok, people lose, that’s fine. Live and learn, right? Wrong. It was so obvious that you wanted to try your hand at QUITTING and the team gave you the opportunity to. You were MUCH LESS active, NOT talking with our ou games a lot so we thought there was DEFINITELY NO change. However, you decide to NEVER PLAY AGAIN and IF YOU DID YOU WOULD GET COMPLETELY DEMOLISHED. You didn’t ask anyone if you should use it and randomly decided to. Then you JUST QUIT, like what the fuck dude? Your lack of effort and dislike for the team is fucking shining brighter than the sun right now dude. Then, on this final day, you ARE STILL NOT HERE. I’m sorry man, I understand BEING MAD AT CHOKING TWO OLT SERIES but based on your efforts in the team it seems like you’re just being a dick and rubbing it in our face. I’m just so disappointed and regretful about this.

But for real I had a great experience with you guys. Wish some stuff could have gone differently of course but you are all great people and I'm very happy I got to spend the last month and a half getting to know you all. Kaori and Level 56 thank you for drafting me, you both created an amazing team atmosphere. Good luck to everybody left :]

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
when I signed up for snake draft, I originally just wanted to play UU, and just forgot to edit my post. in the end I was drafted by the sidewinders and played ou. didn't know what to expect since I haven't played ou at a "high level" in a while, but this experience ended up being an extremely enjoyable one, and I'm happy with my performance and my team. thank you everyone for giving me a chance and for an all around friendly environment. it was truly a pleasure teaming with you all. i've made some great friends and can't wait to see how far some of you go, especially you zesty, keep up the great work. LOVE MY TEAM FAMS
us.png

Thank you LL, blunder and CTC for the support as well, wouldn't have done as well as I did without ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)