Finals Smogon Snake Draft II - Finals [Won by the Shinto Ruin Serpents]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
grats serpents, glad some friends get a trophy out of this. ill mostly keep it short and sweet, much thanks to pohjis and void for drafting me and thanks to everybody who believed in me, be it mates or outsiders. i obviously wish it didnt end on such a bitter note as for my game but i guess there wasnt much of a way around it. on that topic, id like to apologize for getting annoyed and just going off on people (or even sometimes tiers lol) and complaining far more than i should have, while this tour was overall a good experience it was also extremely stressful which is mostly why i acted the way i did. i'm aware that doesnt excuse much though, all i can do now is try to improve looking forward.
see y'all in spl, hopefully for some more thrilling zygarde and gren action

Last edited:

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
Shoutout my naggas i dont have it in me for shoutouts but u all did good
Glad to see Paycard with a trophy and im glad if it wasnt me with 3 team trophies it was elodin, we aren't friends or anything but i like your baiting as long as im not on the opposing side :[ glad we play a game where we can fuck around with friends and not get bashed by people who think they're the justice police on behalf of people who dont care hahahahaha-hiye

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I always wanted to win a team tour on Smogon, to be honest I thought it'd take ages for me to get into a real good team and grab a trophy given how stacked the competence is and how thirsty are y'all lol. However I'm leaving this tournament with a real bad note, and no, it has nothing to do with my team, they were all splendid and I did enjoy everyone's presence and you are fantastic both as players but even better as people, so thanks for the experience in that regard.

I signed up for this tournament merely for shits and giggles, or that's how I thought I'd take it; I ended up pushing myself harder than I should have and it backfired, big time. I was frustrated by how this year went for me, so the big idea was, sign up, do decently and perhaps regain that vivid motivation that I once had for this game. But none of that happened, and it ended up being yet another burden that I had to deal with, being a liability to others, and a letdown after all the expectations people had on me was truly painful and it really sucked all the willpower left on me, the only thing that kept me on going was commitment and the fact that still some of you guys still believed in me to remain as a starter even when I was going through rough times, but I didn't.

I'm not gonna do many individual shoutouts but I'll dedicate some words at the very least

obii you were one of the reasons I gave this tournament a chance, up til now I always wanted to know how'd it feel to share team with the big guys, the jerk, or whatever you name it. You pm'd me one day saying I was fire and you hard wanted me on your team,, so I thought thoroughly of it and said why not? You trusted me from the very begining and I definitely loved talking and preparing games with you, even though I was paranoid about my team choices every time, and you probably were tired of that, so I won't blame you if you feel regretful about having drafted me. You worked real hard and learned all the tiers you could to try and help out others, and all by yourself, given you were the only manager avaliable for us. Hands down to one of the best if not the best manager I've had in a teamtour.

teal6 suapah Leru Thank you guys for all the supportive messages, I'm sad I couldn't repay the debt by winning my finals game, you all did amazingly whether it would be performing or helping the team with suggestions, tests and whatnot.

ABR Star Thanks for joining the team and helping as much as you did, I learned a lot from you two. As for ABR I've always thought you had ego but you do definitely compensate with being as generous as you are, you did tremendous work building lots of teams for our OUers and I still remember when you pm'd me out of nowhere offering help for my smogon tour run, I'm very thankful for that. And Star you're a very Smart dude though I feel you're way too emotional at times, you're very funny and a nice presence to have around, thanks for all the help especially in LC, which was reflected on teal's performance during the tournament.

Ojama I know you long awaited to finally win a team tour, you deserved it man, you really worked your ass off and it paid back. I learned lots of things thanks to you, I'm sorry for disappointing you this hard, you're probably gonna hate me forever LOL but no hard feelings, I did enjoy your presence and you're mega funny.

Pak I'm glad you could prove yourself this year, it was amazing seeing you prepare and analyze everything so thoroughly, definitely a fan.

Biosci talkingtree You guys were the best couple duo in this tour, it was just amazing how you two prepared your games and went into them with such confidence, and always pulled the trigger when we most needed it, really deserved guys.

elodin You're such a fake piece of shit but at the same time you're really lovely and funny, grats for pulling it back with such a grat performance.

RedEmption From being a noob who'd only spam that shitass electric spam team obii made to a now stablished player, I hope things go well for you from now on, I'll be paying you a close look.

Ajna CLUTCHMASTER, I'm real proud of you grats on your record and back-to-back trophy.

Paycard ramboss You guys were quiet but did help with a win or two so congrats on the trophy.

@zesty42 Amazing ubers helper, thanks for everything.

Mounts despite dipping the way you did and being a bad assmanager , I owe you one for kind of motivating me back when we chatted, I think you're a real nice guy and we knew beforehand you'd be inactive but you should've at least lent us a hand or just be there for us.

Not really proud of earning this trophy, not the way I wanted to, but I'll enjoy it I guess.

Last edited:

Ojama

Banned deucer.
about time right? at last, i eventually managed to win a team tour after failing to get my hands on the trophy several times, but this time im on the good side and it sure feels great, especially after losing 2 finals this year. going back over what happened in some of our games is kinda pointless so i wont do it. we sure got our fair share of luck, denying it would be dumb, but who doesnt need luck to win a tour, and even more specifically a team tour... ive been too many times on the other side of the net to feel bad about it, so yeah, sorry not sorry.

serpents, you guys are a conglomeration of baboons with a tenth of the skill i have in this game but the passion and the effort you put into this tournament and this win were a real pleasure. this is probably my first team tournament where all my mates, but fdposho, were competent and didnt need assistance to come up with teams every week and at the end, we can definitely say that our low tier core carried this team for the most part of the tournament. probs to you guys for breaking the kingpin's curse in team tour and turning that depressed brazilian burger into chucky pancamo the unshakeable mob dealer. these were no easy feats at all. you failed at turning poshito into a decent player but im not blaming you guys for that one, thats an S+ rank challenge.

i wont do individual shoutouts, if u want to know the kingpin's honest opinion about you, feel free to pm me unless ure a spanish homosexual weeboh. you guys all deserve some kind words but special mentions to obii for constantly trusting me, but apparently not enough to give me pics of your sister alas, to Biosci and Star who were my mates on scooters during the mazar spl, so was obi, and this is kind of our revenge for this, to Pak for playing phenomenal throughout the tour and for being a survivor of the sidewinders fiasco from last season, to elodin for being the woat teammate, and to Ajna for living up to the expectations of the ojamajna core and for clutching the last win, couldnt have been anyone else. chupa, fake nice guy, blabla sudowoodo, steven tangela, paycard, roux, rampardoss, im not forgetting you dw, this wouldnt have been possible without you and you were all a real pleasure to work with. thanks to zesticle and abr for their precious help.

really disappointed at you Mounts i just hope everythings alright tho but from what ive been told you just ditched us for no reason and not taking even 2 minutes a day to drop by, give us some news and checking how we were doing was a dick move. shouldnt have accepted the job if you knew you couldnt endorse it.

did i forget anyone?

oh yeah, Posho ive made enough fun of you for now so ill let you enjoy this win. tough season but it happens to everyone. you should have more self-confidence. thats the aspect of your game you need to improve but im sure ull recover from that one and will go from kaioken to ssj. thats how sayajins work dont they? Leru stay under the radar for quite some time. green suits me well and i wanna enjoy it as long as possible. very impressive season though.

thanks again for the constant support, you guys know who you are d=]

Last edited:

suapah

stfu anime pfp
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
What a wild ride. Although I’m disappointed with how I performed this snake (since I know I’m capable of so much more), I’m so glad I was in a team environment that was great. With that being said I’d like to shout out my great teammates and some others. ALSO i forgot to say this but ggs to the nagas. I'm sorry that there was some hax thrown but you are a good group of guys and yall should be proud of what you accomplished!

obii - Obii thank you for being one of the best managers a person could ask for. You’re a really great guy to talk to, extremely dedicated, and you’re willing to learn and help everyone in every tier. You’re a great mediator whenever the sexual tension was a bit higher than it normally was. Even though you suck Ojama’s cock like no tomorrow, you have this ability to make everyone work hard and do their best. You managed to create a great environment for the team which ultimately helped us thrive. We were friends before snake, but I’m glad for the opportunity to have gotten closer to you. I hope we can be on more teams in the future.

Star - Star, for all extents and purposes you were our assistant manager (since mounts died :( ). Although we didn’t talk too much, you’re a good person and a useful presence for our team. You built all of Teal’s teams which was super important and we couldn’t have done that without you. Thank you for being a great person to have around in the chat. OH and also thanks for zooming in on Pak’s face LMAO.

Pak - Pak my man. :pak: I know you’re disappointed with the way you finished of snake, but nevertheless that shouldn’t take away from what you’ve managed to accomplish all snake. You’re an extremely dedicated and talented player, and I’ve never seen someone prep as in depth and thorough as you. I’m glad you managed to prove to all of Smogon that you are more than just a product of Pearl teams. As a person, I enjoyed talking to you. You’re funny, nice, and your stories are enjoyable.

Ajna - The snake GOAT. The undisputed king and SUPER clutch. Although I wasn’t super involved with the ru prep and teambuilding, watching you play is great. I hope your hip hop endeavours goes well and I hope that we can team again one day.

Biosci / talkingtree - You guys are such an underrated doubles couple. Doubles is such a difficult and intricate tier and you guys managed to win on a consistent basis. Talkingtree, although you were the only player who didn’t get to play, your assistance on this team was immense. Your detail into building doubles team was very intricate and I really hope that you have the opportunity to prove yourself in SPL because you really are a great teammate. Biosci, as for you we didn’t talk too much but you’re a very talented player. Although you’re typically busy with your real life (which i wish you the best), there is no denying your talent and your skill.

elodin - The most fake ass bitch of the group. You’re a dickhead for baiting everyone and hella trolling people. Stupid ass boat baby shrek feet looking ass. I’m glad we got to team. You’re probably one of my favorite people to talk to in this team. You’re funny but hella sarcastic which I enjoyed. I really hope we have the opportunity to play together again in the future.

Ojama - The KINGPIN. You’re one scary fuck but I’m glad I had the opportunity to team with you. You are undoubtedly one of the best and most clutch players I’ve had the opportunity to team with. Your no bullshit mentality is what helped keep many of our players on track. I’m glad you managed to win your first team tour trophy (and break your finals streak) because you truly deserve it.

Paycard - Paycard man, you’re a quite dude but I’m glad you clutched it for us in the final week. Despite your below average snake record, I know your ceiling and capabilities are much higher. I hope you took away lessons from your first team tour and apply them so that you can grow as a player.

RedEmption - Red, similar praise as Paycard. You’re a quiet dude and you’ve managed to get some timely wins for us. Again, your record definitely could have been better but I know that your capabilities are much higher. I hope you enjoyed your first starting gig in a team tour and I hope you can improve and grow.

ABR - ABR, thank you so much for helping us in our final week. Your assistance cannot be stressed enough and you single handedly carried our three ou slots. You’re a great guy to have around and your vision (for the most part *scarf zygarde*) for ou is amazing. I hope we can be on future teams together.

Leru - LERU, my favorite germans. Surprisingly, I really really enjoyed talking to you and you are a super funny guy. I’m glad we’ve fucked around in the chat and you introduced me to Doki Doki which was flames LMAO. You’re a super underrated player and don’t necessarily get the respect that you deserve (7-3 Snake, 4-1 WCOP, 6 straight win streak!!). I really hope we get the opportunity to team some more because you’re a great guy and enjoy the OLT trophy my man. OH ALSO FUCK u and star for this ungodly profile picture oml.

Tangelo - Tangy my friend. I’ve never seen someone whos had an obsession with such horseshit mons. Nevertheless, even though you became a bit more inactive once you were benched, you were a great guy to have around. You’re a funny dude and your insight on NU is very unique.

Posho - Posho my friend. I know you’re talking this tour hard on yourself, but like I mentioned in our pms, you’re a great player who can do so much more. I hope you had fun with this tour and I really hope that you find your form again (which I know you can do). Good luck man, don’t let your poor record drag down what is otherwise a good person and a good player.

ramboss - Ramboss, I wish you were more active in our chat. But ty for getting the one win and I hope you enjoy your trophy man.

teal6 - Nice guy TEAL :D I loved teaming with you man. You’re a very easy going and enjoyable teammate. I loved your late night stories and analogies on the world. You’re a great dude and I’m super happy I’ve had the opportunity to team with you since you were always a person I held high praise for. BACK to back man, congrats and hopefully we can team in future tours.

Zesty43 - Zesty man. You’re a guy we added in phase 2 and you’re a great person. Thank you for helping our ubers out especially at a time where it was looking super fucking bleak. By association your record is basically like 7-0 or smth, so be proud man.

To my non-snake teammates:

ayevon , Talah - Thank you for being my go to guys to check over my snake teams. Although you guys were a bit busier than during WCOP, I still appreciate it nevertheless.

The Lab - Up and coming boys, let’s get it

Anyone else who cheered for me: I can’t necessarily name EVERY single person but thank you. Anyone from opposing teams who offered kind words, any of my old friends in Den thank you, AND much more.

UNTIL next time,
- Suapah
(Again I’m sorry for this profile pic, fuck Leru and Star)

Last edited:
Congrats Serpents, you had one of the best teams from the start and I'm glad you guys came through with the win. I'm especially happy for obii and Ojama grabbing their first snake wins. Obii you're a great friend and Ojama your talent and leadership is something to admire. Thanks for having me in the server for finals, was fun to hang out with you all.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pretty disappointing way for it to end (I definitely had a shot at winning without the flinch/crit), but I'm glad to get the opportunity to play again after so long. Thanks to Pohjis and Void for trusting me, MrAldo for all of the help, and the rest of the team for never giving up. This was a fun one.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Crazy that it ended up like that, couple of luckier swings in some games and the history would have been a lot different but thats just how the game behaves it is fine. A bit of a regret with the team vs Ajna where me not expecting Doublade was a gut pick and even tho the hax made the call a lot more difficult still some regret on that one. Lessons learned to always trust the scouting I guess.

Nice season. Really glad that I could prove my worth with 3 important wins when I really expected 0 and just be sitting strictly as support but Im glad I was given the chance. Thanks to Void and Pohjis for the opportunity, I can go and look at myself and say "wow, I really pulled off a clutch win in stage 1 and stage 2" thanks to my team that provides me lessons of confidence and how straightforward they were with their feedbacks, learned a lot and to trust myself a lot more that could even be applied to irl things. Thank you.

Gotta admire that spirit of competition that SoulWind provides, feel lacking when someone that have been fighting for almost all tours this season just have an spl. What a hardworker. To Sacri' for the solid advice at some point and some really solid showcasing this season, reaching finals is one step closer to breaking the curse! (And Thanks for drafting for UUPL!) To Heysup by proving he isnt washed at all and just a matter of not having the best luck, really solid performance all around. To my Bro HT so close man, so close. We will have better luck next time (and to bring it back on PSPL). To Kory2600 (another battlegirl!) for a great performance all around and being super cool all around always providing input, even on little inputs, certainly super helpful so thanks for that and really helped with the team atmosphere. To craing ;_; Mr. Bengay for an incredible return to form using rather unconventional but cool looking builds (altho you falling asleep at unconventional times made the heart race run a bit too fast at times but it is cool, it happens!) To Ezrael for proving the PRs hella wrong and showing real solid playing all around and carrying to finals, and for being the team mascot! :teamjon:

To Kushalos the chef! Excellent showing that helped us a LOT with the confidence on the comeback for the second part of the 2nd phase and showing really solid playing despite the finals but hey, ice cream is broken so thats fine. robopoke for all interesting ideas and helping with the environment being real neat as well, not my type of tier but lovely to see those ideas develop. To Sharow-san for a real solid comeback from a 0-2 start and being one of the remains of hope for a better ubers representation in the future, thanks a lot even tho we didnt interacted much. Updated Kanto glad I could team up with you again (now as part of the actual team) resident fortnite player and even tho things havent gone as well since SPL glad we did give it a try to get you to 3 trophies. Was totally worth it. Sam for the feedback during the phase 1 games and Im glad I could help recover a lot of the form that seemed lost by being called washed and stuff, not so bad of a showing! GaryTheGengar for the clutch sub win in finals and wins on Ubers at Stage 1 that helped a lot too, not washed at all if Im honest, some sloppy games but who am I to judge!

Outside supporters: Coconut Terracotta Alkione emforbes Sage marilli and whoever Im missing. Thank you for taking so much of your time helping during the season. I may just sit in the corner and I have been one of these myself but still seeing the commitment for nothing more than a thank you is super heartwarming. Thanks a lot!

Almost no support for the nagas :( but it is hard to not support obii being the lovely lad he is so thats fine. Congrats Ajna for winning this tour 2 times in a row and clutching out. Wanted a rematch but maybe at some point in the future? Who knows, and congrats to the serpents. At least we went out fighting! And shoutouts to the RU community to keeping it real with how I played my games and for the support, can respect that a whole lot. Except for Sir Isaac Mewton, what a clown.

See you around!

Was a fun season, sucks to not end as we wanted but we gave all we had, I think we can be proud of that.

No one thought we would get this far and close, we proved some people wrong. It seemed a bit rough at the start of the tour but we worked as a real team in the end and there was good chemistry between us, props to everyone for making this enjoyable. Unfortunately we made some mistakes in the finals but all of them were close games so it's not anyone's fault or anything, there's always something to learn.

Congratulations to the friends I have on Serpents, you guys had a great tour and if there's anyone else that won instead of us, glad it's you.

Personally, it wasn't my best season and as a r1 pick this shitshow was embarrassing, but I definetely felt some improvement since Stage 2 with my teams and plays, got a bit unlucky in some games in my opinion but obviously not an excuse. Thanks for the managers for trusting me, I made everything I could to help in any possible way and I hope you know this.

And last but not least, I want to express some sentiments about what this tour was and what i meant to me. As all of you know, I signed up to manage with blunder and we didn't get picked, which I find fine. However, I can't ignore the fact that we deserved an explanation on this and all we got was a fucking bunch of shitty excuses that doesn't lead to anywhere. Meanwhile, other individuals got picked and didn't do anything for their teams (confirmed by their own players) just because of their positions of power and not their managing ability. This obviously will stay the same and i don't think there's a hope of change rather than getting rid of the Tournament Directors that are leading the community in the wrong way. Half of you don't even care about the community and are just leeching off power. That's all my rant for now, I was really gonna make an elaborate post and all but I'm actually posting from phone and you pigs don't deserve it.

See you on the next hopefully.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
:fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu::fukyu:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy as hell right. After 5 years of playing in them and finally walking away with 1 team trophy feels pretty great. It was a lackluster performance from myself honestly, but it was so awesome to work with talkingtree all season. I'm not gonna do individual shoutouts because I feel like they would just sound repetitive and you guys know how much I value what you've accomplished.

I didn't want to sign up this year, and frankly when I did I didn't know where I'd end up. Personally I just like competing in these team tours because you get to be around people you normally don't interact with. Add on top all the crazy things I have outside of Pokemon, I didn't know what I was getting myself into and I really didn't want to let people down. obii picking up tree was god send for this reason and honestly why I did remotely well this season. Being able to deal with VGC and other things to have someone already have a team made and tested was so nice, but did hurt at times when I didn't personally play with the team.

It was great spending the time on serpents with familiar faces and to see friends cheering on as the weeks went by, and to top it all off with a trophy feels amazing. Coming so far in SPL 8 just to lose at the final moment was heartbreaking and when we were at 4-4 I was scared it would happen again, but it didn't! Nagas you were great opponents, and I do wish you better luck next time, know all too well that bitter taste of 2nd...

I guess that's it for me for now. Not sure if I'll do SPL again this year, but more than likely will keep going. Life just slowly making things harder and harder to commit to :pirate:

Last edited:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I'll start this post by apologizing to the Nagas and congratulating you guys on a great performance. I talked to Sacri a bit after his game and I apologized to him already, and despite genuinely not trying to bait or troll anyone on your team during that whole situation I reckon it did seem like that was my intention and I was way out of line regardless, and for that I am truly sorry. You guys were excellent opponents, managed to come back from a very rough start in this series and played all games at a very high level, so congratulations again on a very strong season.

Before starting individual shoutouts I'd like to apologize to my team as well for a very below average performance from me and for not being nearly as active as I intended to throughout this tournament. I've been busier than ever with college, general irl stuff and Grand Slam and that really reflected on my activity and preparation. Being picked 6 rounds sooner compared to last year really shows how much you guys expected from me and I'm very sorry I wasn't able to put up results as you guys wanted, or just be a better teammate in general. You guys never held any of this against me so thank you for that, and thanks for carrying me to another team tournament win.

Shoutouts:
obii
had to start with you. I'm not gonna lie, it feels super weird writing you a shoutout because we've been talking to each other on a daily basis for so long now due to SPL that I feel like you're a brother to me at this point. I could spend a bunch of lines here talking about what makes you such a chill guy to talk to, or a great manager, or a great player, but I don't see the point of that when you already know how much I appreciate having you around. I feel like we just clicked at some point and we're always on the same page when talking to each other. Talking about anything with you is always fun. Building, discussing games, talking about rl shit, you name it. You crack me up, you make me confident, you know when I'm joking / trolling, you know when to be serious with me and the respect I have for you is just off the charts. I'm really glad I had the chance to team with you twice this year, not for your managing skills or for winning a trophy together, but for the amazing friendship we grew.

Mounts I really wish you shared this trophy with us because I like you a lot, hope everything's working out for you irl my friend =(

Star I think before the tournament obii told me you were going to be in our team channel and he thought I'd have a problem with you. I don't know where he got that from because I don't think we had interacted before Snake, but man you're such a nice guy and a great presence in a team environment. Actually you're not really nice you're kind of a dick but you were with us from the very beginning and your help was super important in getting us this trophy. I feel like we share so much of the same toxic humor and I very much enjoyed talking to you and clapping you in that bo21 as well.

Ojama kingpin and kingpin jr finally with a trophy. I could be trolling you a lot here because that's just how we interact with each other 24/7, but I don't really feel like it right now. Watching your game vs Kanto in Finals, man you just keep impressing me. Players like you, rey, undisputed, august, who I always hoped I'd be on the same level since I watched you guys in 2012, have my utmost respect, and you're the only one who's been able to keep up being one of the best players on the site throughout this whole time. I admire you a lot as a player, and as a person we just tune together so well. You're mad funny, insanely good at the game and super fucking bitchy. I love it. You truly bring out the chucky pancamo in the depressed Brazilian burger that I am bro, thanks for picking all my winning teams ;)

Biosci BAgs of money. I remember when I started playing I saw some names in SPL threads repeatedly and yours and Bowman's were 2 of them. For someone to be at the top during all this time means you're truly an excellent player, and I'm so glad I had the chance to team with you for the first time because you're definitely the most reliable Doubles player out there. Thanks for being one of the most chill guys to talk to in calls and interact with as well. Hope you and Sogeking have a good time irl oo

Pak man PAKU I didn't know you before this tournament and reading your chat legit made me feel bad every week. No one came close to impressing me as much as you did throughout Snake. The amount of effort you put into each team of yours and how carefully you explained your thought process behind them and how well you played your games... dude you're such an amazing player and teammate. Your performance is exactly what every manager dreams they'll get from all their players. Such an active, fun presence to have in the channel too, I'm very lucky to have had the opportunity to team with you.

Paycard you're a quiet guy but I was honestly very excited about having you play Ubers after that first win and then when leru screenshotted your ladder ranking for us. Man you're dangerous. I'm not sure if this was your first team tour but you sure earned my respect as a player, wish we had interacted more because I know you're a very nice guy as well.

Posho my friend Poshito... this was definitely not your best tournament but don't beat yourself over it. You're honestly such a nice presence to have around and watching you and Ojama interact made me laugh so many times throughout this tour that I loved teaming with you for the first time. I know we've had our disagreements in the past due to me lucking the shit out of you and gatekeeping you out of Tour playoffs, and the reason why I'm bringing this up is because I still remember how you thoroughly outplayed me that particular game and many times before. I really admire you as a player and I think you'll very soon be dominating the tournament scene again if you want to. It's lovely to be around you, your kindness makes my losses feel less bad and my wins feel a lot better. :3

RedEmption bro the first moment we really came together as a team was watching you play your NU Open series and I don't think I'll ever forget that LMAO. I watched most of your OLT and Snake matches and you sure had some great moments in both these tournaments. You were pretty quiet for the most part but when I did catch your messages they felt so genuine and I truly appreciated the feedback after my games, even if just a simple message. I remember after playing vs Nintendi you dropped this

[8:08 PM] RedEmption: elodin played it
[8:08 PM] RedEmption: so well

I know it sounds like I'm making a big deal out of it, but man even a simple message like that made me super happy. Thank you and keep up the good work.

suapah bro no lie most of the time you tagged me I didn't even understand what you were saying. At one point you obii and Pak had this inside joke of saying I had a vecro wallet that I still don't understand. Looking back at it I have no fucking clue what the fuck you guys were even talking about

[7:30 PM] obii: elodin wears crocs and shorts below the knees
[7:30 PM] suapah: LMAOOO
[7:30 PM] suapah: damn bro
[7:30 PM] obii: he tucks in polos
[7:30 PM] suapah: let em know obii

[12:01 AM] suapah: elodin the type of guy to shake hands after a first date

[11:49 PM] suapah: @ obii elodin the type of guy to walk out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his head
[11:49 PM] obii: LMAO
[11:49 PM] obii: his head

[10:31 PM] ALLAHU PAKBAR: @ chucky pancamo has a Velcro wallet

This honestly feels pretty autistic so I guess it fits you perfectly. You're like the only guy who was always willing to call and talk dumb shit. Man doing everything with you was always dumb as fuck actually. Testing, discussing teams, talking... my god it was fun too. I loved talking to you man, truly one of the guys I got along with the most for sure. You were super active in chat and also helped everyone get their teams and ideas flowing as well. Love you bro.

talkingtree you're HEAT. Man I wasn't keeping up with our Doubles prep at all, then I remember checking the Doubles channel at one point and I was so impressed with what I saw. You put in so much effort into this tournament and our Doubles performance was excellent, a lot thanks to you. Looking back at it, we had such diversity and creativity in our builds compared to other teams, but such a consistent performance as well. You and Biosci were such a huge part in getting this trophy, congratulations on the amazing season bro.

Ajna best Snake player of all time, our first and our last win. RU is by far the tier I found the hardest to understand and play when I was in Slam and the performance you had in this tournament was truly exceptional, super impressive to me. I knew our low tiers core would carry us to this trophy from the first moment I saw you play, and you sure came through. Gz on the amazing season and go fuck yourself. Oh yea you pussied out of using Jolteon too fucking bitch.

Leru "Leru might be the only clean german on the site rn" - German player, 2 weeks ago. You were also one of the guys with a super solid performance that helped carry us to this trophy, so congratulations my dude. Also one of the goons who'd always be in chat ready to talk dumb shit for hours oml. When you and obii were tagging me over my argument with Kris telling me to not get banned that shit cracked me up so much. Thanks for repeatedly reminding me that my opponents are not my sparring partners too LMAO. What a great tournament you had, just PLEASE work on your timer management because God knows I'll die if I see that shit come down to 5 seconds one more time.

Tangelo my man, you're too fire. I don't know why you have this obsession with dogshit Pokémon but I believe our duo worked out pretty well throughout the season and we managed to have decent results all things considered. Your view of the meta is so fun and innovative that I wish we found the opportunities to bring all those Pokémon we discussed in our chat. That fire Haunter, the fire Oricorio, Shiftry... oml. We did bust out a bunch of shit that became meta shortly after though. Like week 1 you already knew Comfey and Exeggutor-Alola were good as fuck, week 2 you knew SD Synthesis Torterra was also super fire and these Pokémon / trends all became pretty popular later in Snake / Slam. Building and prepping with you, obii and suapah was always so fun too because no matter what we did we'd always only agree on 1 thing: the teams we ended up with were complete dogshit. Maybe dogshit teams are the wave bro idk. Anyway, you're one of the guys I liked talking to the most and I don't think anyone else could win a game with Raichu or Defog SR Aero with triple Flying-types on a team.

ramboss the goat himself, wish you were more active in our chat but good job on the win you got and on this trophy too.

teal6 one more great tournament from you and for sure one of the nicest guys around. Talking to you is always a pleasure and you sure deviated A LOT from our team environment filled with toxic motherfuckers like Ajna, Ojama and starmaster. My god our team channel was insanely cancer and despite Ojama accusing you of being fake nice the whole time I know that you're genuinely a great guy. Mad funny too, some of the most iconic moments this season came from you, like your "Autism" pic and your loss to Spinarak oml. Wish you all the best in all future endeavors both irl and in Pokémon my friend.

Zesty43 I love the fact that you joined our team channel and fully dedicated yourself as if you were in the race for the trophy with the rest of us. You were always willing to give us any team you came up with, always an active presence in the chat and has a very creative take on the Ubers meta. You had an excellent tournament and this trophy is as much ours as it is yours. Thank you so much for your help and for genuinely being a part of this team.

ABR hanging out with you for Finals confirmed what I always claimed about you: you're definitely Smogon's greatest troll. And bro when we collided before playoffs I think we lost a bit of our mutual trolling relationship for a second there and took it too far. I'm glad we're on good terms now and I'm happy to publicize our peace here (go fuck yourself). You had 12k messages in 1 week of being in the chat with us which is crazy to think of and your help across the board was super valuable, coming up with most of the OU teams we used in Finals and even with the main core I ended up using and it worked out super well. I told you this before but I'll say it again: being with you for this 1 week made me realize why US East always wins and why your teams are always successful.

To the people outside the team always willing to help me: lax Pearl TDK for helping me test and choose my team for Finals. Serpents can confirm how long it took for me to feel confident in what I was bringing and you guys helped me a lot with that. Finchinator for building the team I ended up using and for helping me a lot with testing and preparing. Tricking for coming up with the fire squad I was gonna bring originally, but now I'm for sure keeping for SPL. Ciele Eo Ut Mortus Lavos z0mOG Earthworm for always cheering me on and being very good friends. Ciele particularly, you're the one guy who always had faith in me in both this tournament and Slam and I hope one day I can play in Finals of an individual just to keep up my end of our agreement. SPACE FORCE meeps for being the goat gasser and best player on the site right next to me. PttP for always tagging me after my wins and praising me with :poggers:, you make me very happy my friend. My friends from Brazil chat, thanks for always being there for me.

Trusting obii to do an in-depth "yo we lose" compilation because I was so wrong. As a great man once said:

[10:58 PM] NEEDS ICE RESISTS: yo we won

and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Pak

fly higher
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Heading into snake, I'm not going to lie. A big reason why I finally signed up was to flip the narrative on me as a player. While I consider Pearl a great friend and he definitely helped me get to this point, mostly due to his team support in SPL, I'm really glad I got to show I'm my own player and that I should be treated as such. Following my finish to SPL and some disappointing finishes in tours following like UUPL, I've been really pissed off at everything, and I'm infinitely happy we ended up winning this thing. Obviously, I couldn't get it done again when it mattered most, but that didn't end up mattering because I have some truly amazing teammates, all of whom I'm lucky to have gotten to know better over the last few months.

Shoutouts:
obii - Man, I don't even know where to start. You were literally the best possible manager for this team, having something 700x the amount of lines everyone else did and helped every single player. Your presence was so huge that I barely noticed not having an assistant manager during the vast majority of the season. Thanks for always entertaining my random ramblings in the UU channel. I know it can get kind of excessive but having someone to bounce ideas off of was instrumental in my prep every week. Aside from pokemans, you're just a great dude overall and maybe the easiest person to get along with to ever exist. Always engaging, always posting memes and shit, always being supportive and whatever else. If you're managing anytime soon bro, get me on that squad oml.

Star - I didn't know you too too well going into this tournament, but I did always respect you as a player and your view of the game. When you weren't savagely bullying me every 8 seconds over a SHITTY ANGLE, you were incredibly helpful all around, basically seeming like another manager. Whether it was LC, OU, RU, hell even UU from time to time, your presence was pretty clear in our prep from week to week. I know as soon as you're freed you'll legitimately take over the tournament scene, and I'll be excited to see just that, so gl when the time comes.

Ojama - Oh my god the kingpin. This section may make me come off as a total dick sucker, but you really are one of the best players this game has ever seen. In-game you're obviously as good as anyone, no matter the gen, evidenced by this and your OLT run. However, the thing that impressed me most from watching you this tour and in the last snake was your mentality and how you're always stressing its importance. I honestly just dismissed it when I first broke into the tournament scene, but over time I've come to realize it's about as significant as any other aspect. I've learned a lot from that and other high level aspects of your game, but to top things off it was really fun to have you in the chat. Fucking hilarious dude. Also your kind words after I was down about my finals game did mean a lot, so thanks again for that. Anyway yeah, you're one of the people I respect most on this site, just keep doing you and even more success will be on the way.

suapah - Along with obii, you were probably the person I talked to most on the team, despite not know you at all going in. Though, I did see a few of your WCoP games as well as seeing people like blunder and other people on Canada raving about your work ethic. You replicated those praises ridiculously well, having the 2nd most lines in the chat and it wasn't close. Similar to obii, you were constantly in every channel exchanging ideas and listening to everyone's thought process. Your activity and generally great attitude were huge in our great environment and success on the Pokemon side of things. As for playing, you were solid, and I know for sure you'll be great with a bit more experience (dude started playing in 2017 wtf). As I said, you were also basically obii-lite. I know for a fact you'll be a great manager down the line if that's a path you want to pursue at some point.

Ajna - The smogon snake draft GOAT. While you were a somewhat lowkey presence for parts of the season, you were definitely one of our games every week where we could look and say, "yeah we'll win that." With you and Ojama as our last two finals games will it all tied at 4-4, I can safely say I wasn't nervous. Your building and in-game execution really was great all season. I know you're planning to move on from mons, since you got school/rap/other stuff all going on, but jesus christ bro, this tour was a pretty nice way to go out. Gl with everything else you plan to do, but I'm kinda sad I won't be seeing many of your games anymore if you do go through with it.

elodin - Man, you're a fucking whack dude LOOOL. I'm not sure why you felt the need to declare that we lost, every other turn of every single game, but hey I mean if it works, keep it up. Anyway for real, you're fucking hilarious bro and were a great presence especially in the chat. You didn't have a great start obv, but you're a really talented player, and that definitely showed in the later parts of the tournament...maybe enough for me to forgive you for having a velcro wallet. Also most importantly, you managed to not get banned before we got the trophy, so that's pretty cool too I guess.

Posho - Rough tournaments happen to all of us. Don't sweat it too much, just use it as a learning experience to kill other tours in the future. Your skill ceiling is ridiculous. It's just on you to trust yourself and put it on full display. Aside from mons, you're a great dude overall and I was happy to have you in the chat. Whether it was sweeping up dog shit memes with your own or endlessly battling the kingpin, it was always fun to have you around. Keep your head up and you'll definitely see some major success again.

Leru - Yugi Low, I've known you for a few years now and it is kinda ridiculous how you can slot into literally any tier and play it at a high level. When you weren't giving us all heart attacks for playing every turn with a 5 second timer or talking endlessly about the latest breakthrough in furry/weeb technology, you were clutching Ws for us in weeks and then hitting and confusing all your Hurricanes in finals. Whatever tier you decide to be amazing at the in the future, gl with that, but I can safely say I won't ever watch Kaleid.

teal6 - Another person I've known for a good while. When I was first coming up in the UU community, watching your SPL 7 games was fucking crazy, and that was probably the first high level tournament I've consistently followed. I enjoy your unique take on the game that is fairly interesting overall, and it was huge in clutching some big games later on in the season. Similar to Leru, good luck with whatever tier you decide to conquer next. Something something not a fake nice guy.

Biosci / talkingtree - GOAT doubles duo. Bio, I've always respected you a lot as a player, especially when I was kind of into doubles during a stretch in ORAS. Your consistently good results are really just ridiculous, aside from last snake, which you seem to have completely put behind you. Tree, you're a really great and supportive dude, as well as a top notch dou builder, evidenced by our nice record in that field of play. Unfortunately you guys never broke out the true monster in Entei, despite my many attempts to get my man into a game.

Tangelo - My man. When you weren't building Rapidash teams or calling Elodin washed in call while stunting on him, you were a great guy to have around. No human has a comparable thought process to yours in the builder, as evidenced by showing me that safety pads is in fact, a real item that exists in Pokemon. Keep building wild shit, keep flexing on elodin, and keep being a really funny dude.

Paycard / RedEmption / ramboss - You guys were all fairly quiet but were all really exciting to see play, whether it was snake or in other tournaments. With PC and Red it was mainly OLT, but obviously you played some nice snake games as well. I literally had no idea Paycard was some ubers god, but your win against TTG late in the season was gigantic for us and your ladder GXE is fucking dumb. Red, you had a bit of a rough finish, but early on you injected life after our early stumbles with some quick wins right off the bat. You also seem like a really nice dude, good luck with your youtube channel and all that, I'll be looking out for more moments like your reaction to us getting that trophy LOL. Ramboss your games were crazy entertaining. I hope to see you again in future tournaments.

Zesty43 / ABR - Thanks again for all your help in the various stages of the tournament, whether it was stage 2 on for zesty or just finals for ABR. You guys had no real incentive to help us bring it home and it is heavily appreciated. You also made for some great additions to our chat itself, making it even more entertaining than it already was.

Thisbemyalt / Wanka / Donphantastic / Eyan / others - Lastly, I feel shouting you guys out is pretty necessary here. Not only are you some of my best friends on here, but you're some of my best friends in the world. I know I can talk to you guys about anything and you'll always entertain whatever dumb, overdramatic problem I feel like ranting about, whether its something in real life or something mons related. You make my time on here truly enjoyable, and there's no way I'd still be here if it weren't for people like you. Sounds cliche, but this trophy is as much yours as mine.

Also shoutouts to Accelgor, Adaam, HT, Shiba, Sage, TSR, Darksafadao, (others?) for accepting miscellaneous tests here and there, obviously invaluable help and I heavily appreciate it.

Last edited:
Gratz Serpents for the win. I only had two games in this tour but it was still very fun to prepare and discuss with my team Nagas.

Thanks ABR for recommending me to sign up for Snake. I was never really interested in tours and I was content just playing on the ladder occasionally (during university I had much more time than now though). You definitely sparked a small fire in me that made me want to try this.

What I learned as a player that is little by little entering the tourscene is that you need to have strong friends. Friends you can try your ideas against and that can give you rates to improve the overall team. Building a team and just laddering with it until reaching high ELO was the only thing I knew to see if a team is useful or not. While I will definitely not give up laddering, I will attempt to have the majority of my games against strong opponents. I want to especially thank Empo and craing ;_; for all the games and teamrates.

Also of course thanks to everyone from Nagas. It was fun helping you guys out for teamrelated questions and receiving help. It was a very good experience for me.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: After I have a solid record I wont be afraid to use gimmick stuff that will 6-0 everything. BE PREPARED and lets have fun whatever the context of a game is :)

I'm excited for taking part in the first iteration of the Smogon Snake Draft along with so many new wonderful friends I got to meet in my incredible team! I hope everyone in the tournament enjoys it to its fullest including spectators of course :)

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
yo i am (tied for) the first person to win this tournament back to back . i'll be honest, of the team tours, i actually think SSD is the hardest one to win more than once in a row, because the team variance is so incredibly absurd. my stock dropped from last year because i wasn't making any individual finals or anything this time around, but obii and the boys were still good enough to give me a chance. i loved the team, and the level of respect yall showed for me, even when i misplayed or didn't win. i was able to become a stronger player throughout and i'm thankful for not getting subbed when i looked awful.

Biosci - 2nd time i've teamed with you, glad it went better than SPL this time though! always coming through with the big plays and wins, you're a solid dude and perhaps the most consistent DOU player in history. i'll be frank, i can't follow doubles for shit however, so i can't tell you if you played well or poorly but winning a game with a 4% toxic'd volcanion in a MUST WIN game is utterly absurd and the stuff we will all remember for ages. see you in SPL where you bizarrely get ranked 8th again or something.

talkingtree - the only time i've ever lost a bet on this god damned website was to you. that said you were a big degree of help even though you also wouldn't let me use the shit i wanted to i'm pretty mad about that. you deserved your shot at starting at one time, i think that your insight into the game is really good, you said a lot of smart shit during the games that made me realize you have a good sense for playing. honest suggestion - you seem like nerves effect you, which might be because you haven't gotten used to playing in front of everyone just yet, but don't let it. my first spl game ever i choked insanely bad and then subsequently won by hitting 7/8 focus blasts w/ a crit on one lol you can't do any worse than that! for any prospective SPL managers reading, if i dont get tt you would be a fool not to - he's a huge fucking help and realistically deserved starter.

Pak - your comment about me in SPL 7 actually made me pretty happy. with that said, you've far eclipsed whatever i was able to do back then. you are a way more complete player who doesn't rely on incredible amounts of team support like i always had. seeing your motivation to break free of pearl's shadow is actually really admirable to me. you've more than done that dude, you're legitimately a superstar. for you, i think the next step is to stop with just UU however. you have the talent and personality to become a huge hit in tours everywhere - start competing with your whole heart in individuals because i think you could be a playoff mainstay if you desired it. thanks for all the wins man.

elodin - VoD brother.... glad we won together dude and that you got your shit together and started kicking ass at the end. i always thought you and i were cool so im glad we got to team and your win in finals was a huge one. great work clicking the 4x effective stab move against the rocker that was giving you trouble btw because, and im not making a joke here, i probably would have hit parting shot or some shit lol. im glad i realized how dumb it wasa immediately to try and go with the "i expected him to double" against that fucking spider and i laughed my ass off when you called me out on it.

Paycard - you are definitely rising , i think its important for you to give up on the piece of shit fake tiers and start playing just OU because your skill ceiling is definitely high and i want to see you fulfill it. wish we got the chance to talk more and shit but good showing when you were in, you will be a mainstay in tours here on out and its nothing but deserved

ramboss - thank you for winning that 1 game. cool av.

RedEmption - don't get too beat up about finals even tho it was one of the worst played games i have ever seen in my life. i, someone who has never once choked in a game ever, wouldn't really know how that feels. lol okay jokes aside you remind me a lot of myself in terms of playing really fucking amazing sometimes and falling way below what you're capable of in others. i don't mean this as an insult - your next task in tours should really be to start evening out and playing close to your top all the time because if you do you will be hitting playoffs and finals all the time. great work on your wins and thanks for stepping in.

suapah - i'm a real big fan of you and i'm glad we got to team. a few canada ppl i talk to always had good words to say about your presence so i'm happy to see that proven true. you're another one who can keep going as far as you want in here - being on a small wcop team is a great chance to prove your absolute worth, and while you may say some silly things you're obviously an intelligent person. keep moving forward brother

Ajna - TWO IN A ROW BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tangelo - you disappeared after winning a game for like 3 weeks. unsure if you know if we won the tour or not.

Mounts - you disappeared when we looked like shit after like 4 games. unsure if you know if we won the tour or not.

Leru - from start to finish in this tour probably the player that i got most endeared to throughout it. we both started pretty poorly but your absolutely absurd run turned our season around in a big big way. you played two tiers, both quite well and proved your strength. i could even see in your general attitude you went from having nerves before your big games to being ready to take them on. that sort of growth in just a few months is key - it's the sort of thing that will make you able to go as far as you want in this game. i really expect big things from you leru, you're definitely a player with a good head on his shoulders and one that can compete in anything. you cheered me up a bunch as well when things didn't go my way which means a lot to me.

Posho - sorry things didn't really work out for you. next time my suggestion would be to win more games. but, even with that said, you've always been a great guy bro and your presence puts everyone at ease. gear up for SPL and show the world that snake was the fluke

Ojama - bro i think u finally warmed up to me i hope!!! i won our finals game which turned out to be important dude so you gotta give me a break for that. you are indeed the kingpin. my favorite player to watch. your finals game was exactly what i expect of you, one of those masterpieces only you can really bring. thanks for everything even if u trolled me a lot. one day i will win an individual so i can see the same heights as you do.

Star - yo i actually can tag you in tours forum (thought i couldn't because you're still tourbanned for 11 more years). thank you for doing literally everything for me in prep despite veto-ing my teams three separate times when they outright won. i wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near as many wins if it weren't for you. you're my main man, we're now at like 88% of team tours on the same team lol if not more. see you in SPL where you are already in my chat helping me plan ahah...

ABR - thanks for all the help bro - can always count on you when we need it most.

Zesty43 giara Philip7086 - thanks for hanging out in our chat even if a lot of you were quiet. zesty ik you did a lot in ubers but tbh i didn't once, all season, click a channel that wasn't game discussion, main or lc so i wouldn'tknow.

finally

obii - you deserve a trophy as a manager. you've had a ton of great seasons, you do a lot for your players, you make the chats fun. now its time to return to the playing field and show the world you can do it all bro. i'm so glad you took the risk and got me and i hope i paid it back enough to make you glad you did. you're one of my best friends on this site, we got 100s of thousands of lines of chat between all the different convos, and i wouldn't have it any other way. again, thank you man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)