Finals Smogon Snake Draft II - Finals [Won by the Shinto Ruin Serpents]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
OU: Posho vs craing ;_; - Week in week out ben has shown his grip on the SM metagame and coupled with an insane wild card factor he's been sporting in STour. Kinda hard to give Posho the benefit of the doubt here
OU: Leru vs Sacri' - I've taken a liking to Sacri's SM game when he doesn't get tripped up by heat techs or bad hax. I think Leru's aggressive style is more predictable too
OU: Ojama vs Updated Kanto - If rando Ojama teams can get my crusty ass to semifinals of STour, then I'm confident he'll cook up a very meta team here and take UK to town
OU: RedEmption vs SoulWind - New blood vs old blood, giving a slight edge to RedEmption but you can't really count out SW in these kinds of matches
DOU: Biosci vs Ezrael - This predict won't mean too much since I haven't watched much of Ezrael this season. I'm sure he's here for a reason, but Biosci has been in this position many times before and pulled through like a titan
UU: Pak vs Kory2600 - Kory took out robjr last week in an impression fashion, but Pak is a whole nother ball park in that kind of regard
RU: Ajna vs Sam - Despite last week's match not mattering, Sam actually brought a very concise and well thought out HO team that could've easily been finals material and taken Ajna very off guard. Ajna shouldn't underestimate him but Sam is still very clearly the underdog here
NU: elodin vs Kushalos - I'm favoring elodin just because I know he's had much more prep time and has probably used it well. Kush will have to rebound like a champ after that match with Eternally but you can't really count him out
LC: teal6 vs Heysup - Heysup has managed to find a very consistent stride these past few weeks while teal has taken noticeable stumbles here and there. Also, Heysup must have a burning hunger for a trophy after all this time
Ubers: Paycard vs Sharow-san - I've liked Paycard's style more but I can't really argue with Sharow's results

ggs nagas, i feel like that series could have gone either way but we just didn't catch the breaks and thats the way it goes sometimes
man what a season. i feel truly lucky to have been a part of such an incredible team environment, and i'm extremely glad that not only did I get to team up with a ton of my old friends, but also make a lot of new friends with almost everyone on the team which i feel is extremely rare for team tournaments. truth be told, i had no plans of signing up or being a part of snake this year until genesis asked around in our canada chat if someone wanted to co-manage and i couldnt be more glad that I spoke up. I knew i wasn't going to be a lot of help on the playing aspect of things (considering my main managerial credentials were 1. played in spl twice and 2. wasn't shitty enough of a pick to prevent genesis from getting a team), but i thought i could help out in trying to make a great team environment. after the first couple days i knew that i was going to be entirely useless since everyone was already creating that kind of positive environment, so i just got to come along for the ride and i couldn't be more happy that I was allowed to be a part of it. I don't see myself ever contributing meaningfully to an official tournament ever again, so if this is my last hurrah then thank you to everyone that i've ever teamed or tested with that helped to make tournaments such a positive experience in my life. (tags arent working so bare with me)

genesis: thank you again for taking me on as your assman, you really are one of the best managers on this site and easily the best at pre-tournament preparation. whether it was this tournament or wcop, you have an absolute knack at finding talent where everyone else isnt looking and your just overall sense of who is going to perform is almost supernatural. it's always awesome to team with you and you'll definitely get that trophy someday (hopefully the blue one).

finchinator: the TRUE assman. you put in so much goddamn work this season it was just unreal its hard to even put into words. the mark of a truly great teammate is someone who's not only trying to improve themselves but also trying to make everyone else around them better and you exemplified that to the absolute T. you're a good friend and always fun to talk to / brag about my dad to / shittalk, and please never stop eating wings lmao

eternally: who would have thought our RU pickup would go 8-2 in NU? another one of my close friends that i'm super glad i got to team with this season. going into the draft i didn't even consider it a possibility that we could have you on our team considering how late we were planning on picking up NU, but as soon as I saw you fall i fought hard to try and get you as soon as possible (and it was probably the most useful thing i did all season lmao). ever since before spl its always been fun to talk NU and shoot the shit with you, and the fact that we got to do it in a team environment made it even more fun. be sure to replace "top 50 in relevant tiers" to "went 8-2 in snake", it sounds better

hiye: ok ill say it, hoat is a fucking awful nickname but its so fun to say lmao. you came exactly as expected, didnt talk a whole lot but were an absolute ROCK on the playing side. whenever we needed a big win, we could always rely on you and your games were always super exciting. good luck in spl my dude

kw: man if anyone really blew the doors off me this year it was king fucking wynaut. by your 3rd or 4th game you were just playing and building with such confidence if i didn't know any better i would have thought it was your 4th or 5th team tour. you just seem to have such a solid grasp of metagame trends and tour-building in general and to top it all of you were a great chat presence and all around phenomenal teammate. i'm super excited to see you play in spl and know that i'll be rooting for every one of your games.

robjr: people thought we took you a little too high in the auction but you really proved yourself to be a top uuer again by the end of the season (s/o's shiboat). you're also just a great guy to talk about anything with and are super dedicated to trying to improve yourself and the team whenever you can. i got to see a lot of east interact over the course of this tour and man you guys all impressed the fuck out of me, its definitely not just the playing talent as to why you guys are favoured every year.

majorbowman: man i know its a tough way to go out, but having teamed with you in spl and in snake definitely don't get discouraged for the future my guy. people have rough tournaments, and I can't thank you enough for still continuing to be a positive presence even though you were having some personal struggles. you're genuinely one of the nicest people ive ever interacted with on the site and i'm glad i got to team with you again, i'll be excited to see you bounce back and kick some ass in spl

garay oak: dude i will never fucking understand ubers but you and m were so good this year. you always seemed in control of the situation when you were playing and always brought super fun and interesting teams to the table. one of my favourite games of the whole tour was when you just when in with deo-a, it was just spectacular to watch lmao. you're also another NU guy that i'm super glad i got to team with and whether its NU or ubers i hope you have a kick-ass spl

op: the plubbergoose omg. we didnt get to talk a whole lot but when we did it was always a lot of fun and you're Obviously Pretty solid at LC. jokes aside it was great to be able to team with you i hope you eventually abuse your tl powers to ban diglett!!!!

kdot: man i know the record was a bit rough but you've definitely got brighter days ahead. that last game was pretty awesome and you were a great teammate and helper for everyone else when you weren't starting with how many tiers you could help out in. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you and i'll definitely be rooting for you to get picked up in spl

jirachee: it sucks that you died on us. i'm not gonna say much else but i hope that you'll be back full force for wcop cause canada needs you

cynde, robert alfons, mysterious m: you guys were all fantastic subs and i couldn't ask for much more out of you than what you gave us. i know its super tough being a tier-specific sub in a tournament like this but you all took it in stride and absolutely made all of our players better through the numerous tests, ideas and discussion. thank you for all you guys did this season, i know its not the flashiest job but its one of the most important ones in my eyes.

special shoutouts to everyone who helped us out this season, and specifically sabella and shiba. you guys joined the server midway through the season and integrated seamlessly into our team environment and really helped to make us better as a whole, even though there was nothing on the line for you. thank you to abr for all the help as well, you were only with us for a week but even then its easy to see why youre regarded as such a fantastic teammate.

hoping that the serpents win so that my friends suapah and tangy get the green!

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-snake-draft-i-phase-3.3617401/page-3#post-7548093

It's been a long year since my last plead, and we finally did it! So i have some things to say about it.

I wanna thank the moderation for having revoked the permission to post on this forum from user "Zamrock", and i don't need an explanation from the administration team. I'm posting because the user previously mentioned is a complete retard, a dumbass, has aids, eats shit and goes around flailing through the forum like an otter from Haiti. Not only that, he's also fucked up on the head, and has a miscarriage for a brain (probably doesn't even know that water is supereffective against fire or anything else about this game), and he still thinks he's a good player I'm sorry but winning some script tours in the OU room or winning a SPL or a WC while being ghosted and haxing the shit out of everyone doesn't make you a good player, anyone who has lost to you must be banned from the internet due to immense lack of basic thinking skills. You're the worst player i've seen in my ENTIRE life, saying you eat Llama poo doesn't even come close to expressing how retarded you are, you must be so lonely you're a minor character of your own life, you're not even the best player from the starbucks in Djibuti you call home. Zamrock, i fervently pray every night to wish for a flaming orphanage to come from Congo and run you over. I hope that the Smogon Forums will consider that this user (Zamrock) doesn't have any utility and will keep him banned forever, and i hope the rest of the internet does the same. To the other users that helped me get rid of this tumor that spreads cancer and was killing this forum, thank you.

Nice to see that finally one between Kingpin or SW will be able to get a new trophy!

Posho vs craing
Leru
vs Sacri
Ojama vs Updated Kanto
Redemption vs Sw
Biosci vs Ezrael
Pak
vs Kory2600
Ajna vs Sam
Elodin vs Kushalos
teal6
vs Heysup
Paycard vs Sharow-san

Last edited:
tryhard ou predix

OU: Posho vs craing ;_; - 35/65 There is almost something poetic about this smogtour rematch game being a finals matchup here. Posho has had an unfortunately crummy tour despite expectations being set high, whereas ben has had a killer showing despite expectations being set low (at least relatively low for how ben stood pre-tournament ban). I don't really like most of the teams Posho has been bringing thus far, and a lot of them have just looked outright outdated or dare I go as far as to say sub-optimal. On the flip-side ben has been back to his antics of gaming a good MU and playing exactly how his team is intended to win. I think the playing edge should both players play to their ceilings is close to even, but I'm afraid so much of this game will be decided on team choice and mentality, where I have ben ahead in both regards. Even if Posho finds his footing and may take the outplaying edge, I think ben is going to weave himself into another great MU and coast to victory as he has been doing.
OU: Leru vs Sacri' - 30/70 At first, I was unsure if Sacri's consistency was due to him being an overall good player and good builder, or just finding the right flukes and instances of luck when needed. As both Snake/OLT went on though, I realized it was absolutely the former and I'm now on the sacri bandwagon. He always shows up with teams that have a winning initiative and playing to exactly what his builds want to do to win, although with perhaps a little more flashiness than needed. The only hiccups have been some late game "near-chokes" where his tendencies to make big plays when unneeded got the better of him, but I am confident he will show up and give another kick-ass display. Leru, on the other hand, has looked fantastic throughout the second phase of this tournament in Ubers, yet is oddly slotted in OU in the finals game. I'm not going to openly question the decisions made by the Serpents/Leru, but it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt over Sacri here when his only OU game this tournament was in a fish-into-freeze win vs stall. I think both players are fantastic in their own right, but there is no way I can pick against Sacri given what has been shown this tournament alone.
OU: Ojama vs Updated Kanto - 70/30 Despite some hiccups in his last two games and that very odd Phase 1 game vs Ciele, Ojama has looked like the best OU player in Snake (also keeping OLT results largely in mind). His ability to pull out wins from behind as well as get ahead is just generally above anyone else's. Ojama also has done a great job at never really bringing a team with standout liabilities while still managing to keep his team choices vast and unpredictable. For sheer playing ability alone, I'd put this in the ballpark of something like 80-20, but that increase in Kanto's chances from me comes from the belief that he may make an attempt to matchup fish and win like that. Don't get me wrong, Kanto is a very good player and has a knack for making aggressive plays when needed, but I don't personally like the teams he has been bringing nor do I think he is playing to his full potential. I hope we can see two solid teams and a game where the better player will come out on top, but that one is on you here Kiddo.
OU: RedEmption vs SoulWind - 45/55 Despite the "name value" advantage SoulWind clearly has here, I think this game is very likely to be close. I don't think either player has looked especially amazing this tournament, but I do admire the level of play Redemption has shown that he can get up to. Redemption has also been very admirable with his team choices, be it with the FOTM french Ferrothorn balance or Medicham bulky offense, never really setting himself onto the backfoot from team preview. The way he has played his games in Snake/OLT give me the impression that he is one of those hot or cold players, and depending on how he starts off the game will determine how he finishes it out. SoulWind on the other hand is much more static in the sense that he almost always will just bring a tried-and-true Reuniclus/Ferro balance and win with whatever his MU calls for through safe and careful play. It seems that this rinse-and-repeat method is getting the better of him as opponents are coming more adapted to what SoulWind has done so many times, which is why I think him taking the initiative to show up with something new and maybe play out of his comfort zone will be a big determining factor in this game. I still give him the benefit of the doubt to overcome this 1-dimensionalness that I'm stigmatizing to him and finish strong with a win with whatever means necessary as he has shown his ability to do so plenty of times before.

start spl plz

Shinto Ruin Serpents (6) vs Lanakila Nagas (4)
OU: Posho vs craing ;_;
OU: Leru vs Sacri'
OU: Ojama vs Updated Kanto
OU: RedEmption vs SoulWind
DOU: Biosci vs Ezrael
UU: Pak vs Kory2600
RU: Ajna vs Sam
NU: elodin vs Kushalos
LC: teal6 vs Heysup
Ubers: Paycard vs Sharow-san

Go elodin

In the process of trying to be a good manager and shoutout all the players that made this season memorable, i managed to become a shitass one by FORGETTING one of my players. :psycry: I promised i would make a post calling myself out so here it is

Lopunny Kicks: You were such an awesome presence around not only your own channel but everyone else's as well. You brought an excitement and energy that was obvious from day 1 and i really believe thats what helped drive a lot of discussion early on. I love how aggressive you always seem to play and once you lock down some of the more complex endgames i honestly believe that the skys the limit for you. Please dont take the lack of shoutout personally, i was reading off your list while i was writing my own to reference the names lmao

e: fuck you tennis, i made this post because i wanted to let my player know that i didnt forget about them and because i felt like i should. not everyones a like farming piece of shit cheater like you

Last edited:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Per Pohjis conversation with Ojama and Obii, we are currently waiting for a substitute for ben as he's not online for the time that he and Posho agreed upon as a backstop. We are concerned about this getting out of hand as our attempts to contact so far have been met with pushing off the time without much of a clear answer, so the Serpents would like to request that either ben get on to play by 4:00 PM Eastern (20 mins from now) or a substitute is made before that time.

Hikari Ark obii Posho craing ;_;

e: Just to be excessively clear we would intend to call for activity if no substitute is made during this timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)