Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS

Snake Draft Introduction
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Hi everyone! Another season of Snake Draft is upon us. Use this thread to discuss the tour in general, players, metagame trends, replays, predictions etc. Have fun! I'll keep it updated as it goes on.

Potential NUers:

Terminus Taipans:
Snou, sjneider, Teddeh
Shinto Ruin Serpents: Rodri, 0NI, soulgazer, DurzaOffTopic
Sky Tower Lindworms: col49
Lake of Rage Leviathans: Garay Oak
Berry Forest Bushmasters: Eternally, yeezyknows
Ambrette Astrotias: Jrdn, Lycans
Lanakila Nagas: Ren-chon, Osh, Plas
Black City Mambas: ict, Jarii
Celadon City Cobras: Finchinator, Bouff, Jytcampbell, UltraBallz, Kingler12345
Rumble Hall Rattlers: Kushalos, TDK, Gondra, rozes

Week 1 Matchups:
SM NU: Trash vs Bobby Dagen
SM NU: Eternally vs Ren-chon
SM NU: ict vs Sjneider
SM NU: Garay oak vs Finchinator
SM NU: jrdn vs Kushalos

Week 2 Matchups:
NU: col49 vs ict
NU: Ren-chon vs Jrdn
NU: Eternally vs Bobby Dagen
NU: Finchinator vs Kushalos
NU: Sjneider vs Garay oak

Week 3 Matchups:
NU: Garay oak vs ict
NU: Finchinator vs Ren-chon
NU: Eternally vs col49
NU: rozes vs Sjneider
NU: 0NI vs Jrdn

Week 4 Matchups:
NU: Plas vs Sjneider
NU: Garay oak vs rozes
NU: Finchinator vs 0NI
NU: col49 vs Jrdn
NU: ict vs Eternally

Eternally: 3-0
Finchinator: 3-0
Sjneider: 2-1
ict: 2-1

Trash: 1-0
0ni: 1-0
Kushalos: 1-1
Jrdn: 1-2
col49: 0-2
Bobby Dagen: 0-2
Garay oak: 0-3
Ren-Chon: 0-3

Last edited by a moderator:

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gonna give my thoughts on the potential NUers this year.

Terminus Taipans: Snou, sjneider, Teddeh

I think Snou will claim the NU slot and rightly so. 7-2 in the last iteration of NUPL and being an NUL Cycle 3 finalist (November 2018). With support from Teddeh, who maybe didnt have the best NU times this last year, he should be able to support his teammate well. Sjneider can further this support as he was a finalist of NU Open VII. I expect a good run from Snou, this will be his first great test so it's time for him to show it on the big stage. One to watch.

Shinto Ruin Serpents: Rodri, 0NI, soulgazer, DurzaOffTopic

I think either Rodri or Durza will start, probably Rodri. Rodri has had a good NUPL run going 4-0 but hasnt made any notable appearances in other NU-related tours. Ofcourse he's a decent enough player and definitely shook off some eventual rust. Durza also had a good NUPL run going 5-1 so he's a good support for Rodri. 0NI is a decent builder so that's extra support for the starting slot. Soulgazer is an NU veteran so whoever is starting is in good hands.

Sky Tower Lindworms: col49

col49 is a lowertier wizard. With his original but effective building he managed to go 3-0 in NUPL but as many other drafted players this year, no significant NU history. Lopunny Kicks probably won't play NU but he went 6-3 in NUPL and, if necessary, can probably provide teams from some obscure italian discord server.

Lake of Rage Leviathans: Garay Oak

Garay Oak has been an NU staple for a couple years now. Good player, decent builder with decent records so far. 5-4 SPL X and 3-0 last NUPL after having IRL issues shows he can bounce back from any inconvenience. Looks like he won't have as much support as the other teams but i expect he'll do well regardless. Will end top3 this Snake edition.

Berry Forest Bushmasters: Eternally, yeezyknows

NUTL Eternally knows the tier inside out. The only thing is that he seems to lack composure on the bigger stage. 3-6 SPL X and 0-2 NUPL (NUPL not considered a big team tour but still). On the flipside, he does much better in individual tours. NUL Cycle 1 Winner (April 2019) and NUL Cycle 2 Semi-Finalist (August 2018). Will he finish gen7nu on a high note or will he continue his current teamtour trend? He can count on yeezyknows for support, made it far in NUL Cycle 1.

Ambrette Astrotias: Jrdn

Jrdn is one of the surprises among the NUers. Recently won NU Majors but hasn't made any other impressions elsewhere in NU. Idk that much about him so idk if he builds his own teams or not. Can count on possible support from Santu? This could go either way, but he has the underdog position.

Lanakila Nagas: Ren-chon, Osh, Plas

Even tho I think Ren-chon is currently better than Osh, the latter will probably start. Osh had a mediocre SPL 4-5 but won the last iteration of the NU Open. Made it far in NUL Cycle 1 aswell. Solid player and solid builder. Ren-chon had a good NUPL going 6-2 so Osh can count on him. This NU slot should do well.

Black City Mambas: ict, Jarii

ict, one of the most solid NUers this Snake edition. Decent NUPL run and good SPL run 6-4. Has been around for a while now and is able to perform very well. Can count on Jarii's support too. I expect him to end this generation on a high note.

Celadon City Cobras: Finchinator, Kingler12345

Finchinator has been in the NU community for a while now and knows the tier well. Decent NUPL run and overall just a decent player. I think he'll build his own teams but can count on support from Jytcampbell and Kingler12345, the former going 6-3 last NUPL. I expect Finch to not have a negative record.

Rumble Hall Rattlers: Kushalos, TDK, Lycans, Gondra, rozes

Finally, Klutchalos. Won NUL Cycle 2 and 3 (August & November 2018) and had a mediocre-ish SPL going 4-5. He's a solid player but hasn't really exploded on the big stage yet. He's a good player overall and can count on support from NU connaisseurs TDK and rozes. Should end with a decent record.

If i would have to rank the starting slots it'd look like this:

1. ict
2. Garay Oak
3. Snou
4. Kushalos
5. Osh / Ren-chon
6. Finchinator / Eternally
7. Eternally / Finchinator
8. Rodri
9. col49
10. Jrdn

edit: if you don't agree with these rankings, let me know/prove me otherwise! also good luck to all of these dudes

Last edited:

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Good write-up. I join you in expecting Finchinator not to have a negative record; after his most recent SPL, I think that's the most confidence I can afford to invest in him at the moment. Another person I expect to not put up a negative record is elodin, who was ranked fourth in everyone's power rankings last year and proceeded to go 0-2 into bench. This year, I would probably rank him fourth once again, after Garay Oak, ict, Kushalos, Eternally, Osh, the aforementioned Finchinator, col49, and Bobby Dagen. All that said, I'm looking forward to seeing the perennially fourth elodin and his peers ranked above and below him put up some high quality NU matches this year.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
my personal power ranks that I'll be submitting:

1. Kushalos - the chef is back in his home tier and ready to farm again. at this point, there's no doubt to me that kush should have the best record this snake, expecting about 7-2 +/- 1 or something. always been the most creative and willing to use dogshit and I'm sure he'll pull more shit out of his ass and surprise the newer players entering snake draft. cons: record with rozes deciding what he should use: 4-5 or 3-6

2. Garay oak - I'm also on the garay oak bandwagon. he's probably the most tryhard and dedicated nu player out of this entire group, and he's had immense success in the past few months, returning in nupl to go 6-0 and be trusted to tiebreak and win 2 tiebreaks is really impressive and surprising to everyone. he also had a pretty solid slam run, qualifying in it. people might think he's less experienced compared to some other players but he completely flip flopped his poor spl start into a solid record along with playing 2 decently high stake nupl games, he should be fine and ready to win. 6-3 mayb 7-2

3. eternally - while eternally has had some pretty rough spls, people forget that this man actually farms smogon snake draft. after talking to him, I know he's super motivated and eager to prove that his snake runs in the past were legitimate and that his spl records are the real outliers. he's extremely well-versed in the tier and willing to try different things. he should do great especially without the baggage weighing him down, 6-3 or 5-4

4. elodinbugers - there aren't many negative things I can say about elodin, in all honesty. even if he pussied out of playing sm nu: vileplume edition during nupl (running away to GSC NU of all things LMAO), he's always shown to be a top-notch nu player (I mean he's 2-0 vs me in official tours.. must mean something) and I fully expect him to either go 0-9 or 9-0, no in-between.

5. rodriblutar - once upon a time rodri was a really solid nu player and hyped by many! then, he entered smogon snake draft 2 at round 3 pick and got 6-0d by a work up sceptile.. I think rodri's biggest crutch is that, while he is an extremely solid and strong player, his teambuilding has always been lacking and has messed up his games a lot as a result. thankfully, he has probably the best nu builder right now flcl so as long as he sticks to fooly's teams he should be fine and end up with a really positive record. he's ranked lower though because there's a chance he just flops and can't return to his former prowess, so 6-3 is what I expect, with 7-2 or 8-1 possible, or dropping to 3-6/4-5.

6. ict - ict is a solid player in this pool, 90% due to jarii's techs usually hitting super hard in his games. don't think he's the best player, but he always puts up solid enough records in these tournaments and he has the same support from SPL so there's really no reason to expect that he won't do well. weird one cuz he can go anywhere from 5-4 to 7-2 to 3-6 so who knows. just think he has an edge over most of the pool probably

7. finchinator - finch is finally in nu after years of saying he wants to play it but staying in ou anyways. the only reason he's ranked super low is cuz I feel his builds aren't that amazing and are super standard. the ironic thing is he should actually be listening to his manager, snaga, who he thinks is trash at nu cuz snaga can add that touch of pzazz that his teams usually lack. if the two can work together well, probably looking at a 7-2 or 6-3 record but if finch doesn't switch up, expecting a 4-5 or 5-4 like his other records

8. ren-chon - I'm really excited for ren-chon's official tour debut in nu, I know he's been wanting it for a while and I know he's a competent nu player and builder. he also has support from his buddy osh so I'm sure he can simultaneously innovate and bring solid teams. I know how hard debuts are for players with all the pressure you face but ren-chon is no stranger to sm nu at all so I expect him to stick up with the higher players, probably 4-5 or 5-4

9. jrdn - the only thing I know about jrdn is that he's been in the om community for a SUPER long time, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that if you've played pokemon for ~4-5 years, you should be able to be decently solid at the game. ik a lot of people have been high on him and he also has support from his manager evi who has been making a deep nu open run. he's either gonna break out or break in, leading me to expect a 2-7 or 3-6 record with a chance to go positive if he and evi really click in building teams together.

10. snou - well I assume snou is starting here, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was just building for teddeh and ima was going into pu instead. not entirely sure, but I'll just rank snou for now (Teddeh would be #2 if he was the starter). the thing with snou is that he receives both a ton of hype and also a ton of shit lmao. he gets hyped by his nupl squad for achieving a 6-1 record but I personally believe it to be a fluke. I'd really love to be proven wrong because I've always had a soft spot for players that really try to use different shit and succeed with it, but idk if I can believe any records that occurred during the sacred Vileplume meta... there's a chance snou does well and breaks out, but I think his play needs to be refined and he needs to succeed without plume for me to really expect results. gonna go with 2-7 or 3-6

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
not doing the pr this time so might as well drop my thoughts on the nu players.

personal rankings:

1. eternally / garay oak
3. bobby dagen
4. col49
5. finchinaor
6. ict
7. jrdn / ren-chon
9. snou (or ima)
10. kushalos (with me blocked from the nu channel)

for the #1 spot i kind of had a tough time deciding between garay/eternally. both have been doing phenomanly since i gave them both a start in nupl 2 years ago (i know im amazing), and both are coming into this tour looking great. they have both qualified for slam playoffs at this point, and are looking to finish off sm strong. eternally has quietly put up the 2nd or 3rd best all time snake record, contrary to posts in this thread implying he can only show up in individuals (lmao). while his spl wasnt the best, a lot of that could be attributed to the fact that he has a problem when it comes to team choice & feeling confident in what he wants to use before games. by constantly shuffling through teams prior to games, he psychs himself out a lot of the time, and while he is able to play well when it comes to the game itself, team selection and second guessing himself usually comes back to bite him in the ass. garay on the other hand is coming off a stronger spl, finishing up the tour w/ a great run at the end despite his team not making playoffs. hes coming off a strong nupl as well, basically coming back from a month and a half break and carrying the piloswines to a win in the end. both players have the potential to finish at the top record wise this tour, and are easily my favorites to see in the upper tier here.

love seeing rodri start again as well after he sat out spl on the tyrants bench. w/ team support from flcl and 0ni i have no doubt hes going to do great this tour. having an insanely impressive run over the last two nupls (like a combined 13-3), along with a solid set of teambuilders is just setting him up for success. while he hasnt started in nu since last snake where he put up a 2-2 record, he did not have the best team support that tour and ended up just recycling some stall teams iirc. w/ a more diverse team choice now available to him, i feel rodris just going to find his rhythm again this tour and finish strong w/ the wide array of teams he can use.

col in nu is going to be fun to watch since i always love seeing what teams/sets he comes up w/. while he has been confined to ru for his entire official tour run, him in nu is going to be a great shake up. he did play sm in nupl, and used some pretty cool teams there. he always has a finger on the pulse when it comes to trends in most lower tiers, and him taking up nu "full time" for this tour has the potential to shape the meta for the others playing as well. alternatively he could just proceed to use some bullshit himself and fall on his face, but i kind of doubt that happens given his ability to get reads on players and playstyles. whichever way this goes, itll at the very least be fun to watch.

considering the fact finch has bragged about being a top 3 nu player since he finished spl6 4-4, he finally gets another shot to prove himself here. while i dont think the plan to get finch as the 4th overall pick and then keep him in nu was the plan from the start, it is what the cobras ended up w/. finch is obviously a solid player who has probably played more tournament games in the past year than anyone else on smogon (aside from maybe pohjis), so seeing him in nu isnt super surprising. while he is going to have to juggle all of zupl, ou seasonal, pocl, apl, bpl, cpl, dpl, epl, and whatever other fucking tours hes playing in, hes always going to make time for snake and picking nu back up again.

ict being in 6th might be a little unfair considering the fact he did make it to spl finals w/ the tyrants, but he took another break in between tours and i think the players above him all have higher potentially to do better this tour. if he manages to get solid teams im sure he will be able to pick up playing again pretty quickly, but he does need to reinvest at least a little bit of time into playing again as just jumping into a tier after a break doesnt usually end well. i still expect a positive record from him, but i also wouldnt be the most surprised if he ended up just not showing up for a few of his games and having to be subbed out.

now we reach the 3 players that are more new to the (nu) official tour scene. i couldnt really decide on who i would rank higher from jrdn/renchon so i just left them tied at 7th. jrdn is coming off a nu majors win where he had a fairly surprising run, coming out of just about nowhere and winning the tour. while he has the least nu experience out of anyone on the list, he is the most prone on this list (aside from maybe kush if he keeps ignoring me) to use some random bullshit and catch his opps off guard when it comes to prep. not really being super invested into the nu meta prior to a couple months ago gives him a fresh set of eyes when it comes to the tier itself, so we might see some mons that end up just 6-0ing at preview, but this could also just result in him flopping fairly hard from the start. with little to no tour experience, aside from a recent wcop start, its hard to say how jrdn will do this tour, which is why i had to put him pretty low on this list. ren-chon is someone who i feel could have been in snake/spl a long time ago if he didnt choose to take breaks when he did. he came to my attention first during/after spl7. he always had interesting takes on the meta, and was always up for using bullshit with me (s/o clamperl and ring target rotom) and made it pretty far in nu open that year. however his rise did coincide w/ the one spl that didnt have nu in it, which i think he would have been a shoe in as a starter, and him taking a break till around last slam kind of took his name away from peoples minds. now he is finally able to get a start in a team tour, and im excited to see how it goes for him. similar to jrdn he doesnt have the tour experience compared to others on this list, so its hard to put him any higher here, but heres hoping for the best.

in 9th i have snou, or ima, or sjneider, since i dont really know who the taipans are starting in this slot. while snou has had a couple good nupls, hes also taken prolonged breaks from the game/nu in general. without any nu tour experience its kind of hard to say how well he can do. he may just be there to provide teams from ima/sjneider, in which case he was probably a fine late pick for the taipans. unsure how well this slot is going to do though, since the nu playerbase for snake seems fairly solid and having ppl that might not be as in tune w/ the meta might be tough. sjneider probably does have the most potential here on the list, as he has been feeding blargh teams in nu open apparently, but a mediocre spl being subbed into a tier he did not know and a below average wcop make it a bit harder to put him that much higher on this list.

and in last place we have kushalos. "clutchalos" as he likes to call himself is a fairly ungrateful excuse for a pokemon player as he refuses to listen to anything i tell him. if this continues i see no other ending other than him finishing with a terrible record, maybe an 0-9 or something similar. he will probably be subbed out at some point honestly, which is lucky for the rumblers as they have a fairly good nu player sitting in the wings. hopefully john and roro see the errors of their ways and manage to find a trade for him soon, otherwise i dont see this ending any way but poorly.

hopefully nobodies 2 offended w/ my list/writeups. a lot of it is fairly biased so take that as you want, hopefully we get some good games tho, and hopefully not 2 many games decided on who can keep up tspikes the longest :psyduck:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Well, after hours of slacking, my annual Snake PR is finally complete. If we're keeping it real, this year's pool is a lot weaker than the year prior, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. This gives the chance for some players to break into the scene, and perhaps for some old veterans to prove their worth once again. With Kushalos and Eternally being the only two consistent NU players this Snake, having played in the past four team tournaments, this gives the chance for a lot of players to prove themselves this year. Warning: This PR is partly objective, and it is also partly subjective. Some players are hard to compare due to their lack of experience (which is why you'll notice a three-way tie down the line, lol). This isn't meant to insult anyone, or say anyone is unskillful. Every player this year is actually perfectly capable of going positive, despite the fact that these players may be new to the major tournament scene (or, in the case of some players, new to the NU scene). Therefore, enjoy the PR, and don't get mad when you see Garay is ranked at #5 :toast:.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Kushalos

SPL X: 4-5
SSD II: 7-4
SPL 9: 5-4
SSD I: 5-4

The Chef is back at it again this Snake, and people have high expectations for him as usual. Being one of the only two players to have played NU in the past four team tournaments (alongside Eternally), Kushalos is definitively the most consistent team tournament NU player in Sun & Moon. His worst record of the bunch came this past SPL X, where he only went 4-5, still a respectable record. He went positive in the other three, though, with his best showing being in the last edition of Snake. It's no secret as to why Kushalos is so consistent: Not only is he a fantastic player all around, he has a huge advantage in the builder as well, as the chef makes his own techs and teams each week. A lot of people underestimate the power of a good builder, especially when the good builder is already a good player. It adds a layer of depth into battling, not only giving the player the ability to predict sets more efficiently, but also to analyze opposing teams, and being able to pick up trends, and knowing exactly how to work against those trends. His teams may appear close to standard, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The point that one must reach is consistency in teams. Will the teams do well in battle? The answer with Kushalos' teams is almost always yes.

Highlight Replays

Kushalos vs lax - SPL X [Week 3]
Kushalos vs Osh - SPL X [Week 6]
Kushalos vs HANTSUKI - SSD II [Phase 1]
Kushalos vs FLCL - SSD II [Phase 1] (Highlight)
Kushalos vs Tangy - SSD II [Week 1]
Kushalos vs rozes - SSD II [Week 3]
Kushalos vs Eternally - SSD II [Week 4]
Kushalos vs HANTSUKI - SSD II [Week 5]
Kushalos vs Zukushiku - SPL 9 [Week 1] (Highlight)
Kushalos vs lax - SPL 9 [Week 5]
Kushalos vs elodin - SPL 9 [Week 6]
Kushalos vs lax - SSD I [Phase 1]
Kushalos vs Jayde - SSD I [Phase 2]
Kushalos vs elodin - SSD I [Phase 3]

As you can see, the chef really is known for putting a twist on standard teams (and for loving Charizard, jesus man). Certain sets like Fightinium Z Bulk Up Emboar, Z-Celebrate Charizard, and Buginium Z Passimian, were all popularised by the Chef and these replays. It is also a great display of some of the great plays he makes in battle, some of them completely game changing. Overall, Kushalos is the most consistent NU player currently. The reason for this is his combination of great innovations, teams, and just being an all around great player, making him extremely deserving of the number one seed. If a record prediction is necessary, he'll most definitely go positive this Snake. Unless of course, he lets rozes build his teams, in which case, expect him to go 3-6 or 2-7. (<3 rozes)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) ict

SPL X: 6-4
SPL 9: 4-4

Ah, ict, one of the lower tier GOATs, is finally playing NU in Snake. He had avoided it for 2 years, only playing NU in SPL, but now his time has finally come. He's either gone positive or neutral playing NU in SPL in the recent years, going 6-4 in SPL X, and 4-4 in SPL 9. He had the best NU record in SPL X, so it is easy to expect a lot from ict this Snake, especially with a bit of a weaker pool this year (most people who played NU in SPL X either aren't playing in general, or are playing other tiers). ict is mostly known for being a consistent player all around, being able to play pretty much any tier with building support. He even played some OU in the SPLs as well, although Jarii did build all ict's teams in SPL X. In terms of NU, though, ict has an incredible building partner in Jarii, who has a load of experience in maining NU and is a pretty solid builder himself. In the past, ict has been known to use some rather creative teams, using Pokemon like Ambipom, Archeops, Rotom-Frost, Aggron, and Scyther in big team tournaments, usually with high amounts of success. If Jarii can combine his solidity in team building with ict's creativity (and also solidity in team building, assuming that ict has always built his own teams), ict teams this Snake should be extremely successful, bringing a new and refreshing twist to this arguably boring meta.

In terms of individual tournament experience, he obviously won Slam a few years ago, which is a massive accomplishment. The year after he won Slam, he managed to take the LC Open as well, which is also a pretty big feat. While that isn't exactly NU experience, it is clear that ict's skill translates, especially since he has yet to go negative in NU in team tours in the past few years.

Highlight Replays

ict vs Osh - SPL X [Week 1]
ict vs elodin - SPL X [Week 3]
ict vs Kushalos - SPL X [Week 4]
ict vs Eternally - SPL X [Week 5]
ict vs Eternally - SPL X [Semifinal]
ict vs Eternally - SPL 9 [Week 1]
ict vs Hootie - SPL 9 [Week 2]
ict vs Earth - SPL 9 [Week 4]
ict vs Z+V SPL 9 [Week 5]
ict vs Tricking - Grand Slam V [Tiebreaker] (ORAS)
ict vs stax - Grand Slam V [Round 2] (ORAS)

3) Eternally

SPL X: 3-6
SSD II: 8-2
SPL 9: 1-5
SSD I: 5-3

Eternally, besides Kushalos, is the only NU player to have played in the past four team tournaments. A bit unlike Kushalos, Eternally has a bit of a shaky record when it comes to going positive and negative in the team tours. In SPL, he generally goes negative. For example, last SPL, Eternally went 3-6, and in SPL 9, he went 1-5. However, the opposite is true in his Snake experiences. Last Snake, he went an incredible 8-2 (the best NU record last Snake), and, in the first edition, he went a positive 5-3 as well. If the patterns show anything, Eternally should go positive this Snake, especially with his high motivation to play NU this time around, despite having wanted to play RU for the past two years (shoutouts to cb jose altuve). Like Kushalos, Eternally usually builds some standard - but consistent - teams to use in tournaments. However, unlike Kushalos, Eternally hasn't been afraid to take the nosedive into building some very creative teams, especially in these tournaments.

It should also be noted that Eternally most shines in his individual tournament runs. For example, this year, Eternally won the first cycle of the NU league, and stayed in the winner's bracket, meaning he never lost a set. He also faced a bunch of formidable opponents, such as yeezyknows, zben, Osh, Rodriblutar, FLCL, and Lopunny Kicks. It is a massive accomplishment to be able to face all of those opponents in a row, to ever lose a set to any of them (besides yeezyknows in a three-man final, but he managed to go back and beat yeezyknows to proceed to the grand finals). Ironically, Eternally lose round 2 in the NU Majors to yeezyknows, who also happens to be Eternally's NU support this Snake. It should be noted that in the NU League the year prior, Eternally had also made it to the losers semi-finals, also a huge feat.

Highlight Replays

Eternally vs Realistic Waters - SPL X [Week 3]
Eternally vs Teddeh - SPL X [Week 4]
Eternally vs Kushalos - SPL X [Week 7]
Eternally vs elodin - SSD II [Phase 1]
Eternally vs Hootie - SSD II [Phase 2]
Eternally vs Realistic Waters - SSD II [Phase 2] (Wraith=Car)
Eternally vs HANTSUKI - SSD II [Week 1]
Eternally vs Tangelo - SSD II [Week 3]
Eternally vs Realistic Waters - SSD II [Week 5]
Eternally vs Kushalos - SSD II [Semifinal]
Eternally vs Earth - SPL 9 [Week 2]
Eternally vs Hootie - SSD I [Phase 1]
Eternally vs Kushalos - SSD I [Phase 2]
Eternally vs yeezyknows - NU League V [Semifinal]
Eternally vs zben - NU League V [Final, Set 2]

Watching Eternally should certainly be interesting this year. He should be projected to go positive, even after coming off a mediocre SPL, as he generally does well in Snake. If he sticks to builds that conform more to the meta, while also putting little twists on them like Kushalos might, his builds should be successful this year. With motivation to put in a lot of effort this Snake, Eternally will certainly be on his A game in the battle field as well. On top of that, yeezyknows as support may add some things into Eternally's toolbox that we might have never seen before. While he isn't the most consistent in terms of team tours, Eternally should go positive this Snake, putting him at the #3 seed.

4) Finchinator

Some of you may be concerned at this high of a ranking with Finchinator, ESPECIALLY since his NU tournament experiences this year extend to merely playing best of threes in NUPL (in which he went a decent 4-3 in SM). However, of all the players here, Finchinator actually has one of if not the strongest foundations of a player, consistently qualifying in individuals, and being a first round OU pick in most tournaments (in this case, being a first round NU pick). Not to mention, he's an experienced NU player anyway, being on the NU council himself, so he is unlike col49 in that he already knows the meta inside and out, and shouldn't have to learn much to perform well. He's already a good builder himself, and paired with four other potential NU players (UltraBallz having the most NU experience this generation), there should be no doubt that we can expect good teams from Finchinator this season. What puts Finchinator at the biggest disadvantage perhaps his is aforementioned inexperience in playing NU on the big stage. However, this isn't the first time he's done it, as he played NU in tournaments about 4 years ago, which was back in ORAS :thonk:. Essentially, Finchinator will probably do very well this season as he is already a great player, and paired with some good builders, he should go positive.

Highlight Replays

Finchinator vs Robert Alfons - NUPL VII [Week 1]
Finchinator vs byronthewellwell - NUPL VII [Week 2]
Finchinator vs Eternally - NUPL VII [Week 4]
Finchinator vs Raichy - NUPL VII [Week 5]

5) Garay Oak

SPL X: 5-4
SSD I: 1-1

Garay Oak is one of NU's newest tournament players, as his first big performance occurred this past SPL. While he played in the first edition of Snake, he only managed to get in two games, and didn't play NU in SPL 9 or Snake Draft 2. It wasn't looking well for Garay when he started off with a 0-4 record at the beginning of the season. Luckily, his managers let him still play, as he managed to win every game after that, bringing his record up to a 5-4. That's certainly no overly impressive record, but knowing Garay, things can only go up from there, especially after he continued to go 6-0 in NUPL. Something to perhaps be fearful of, though, is a lack of building support. Garay is really the only NU player on his team, forcing him to build for himself, unless the Leviathans have someone in their server that otherwise didn't go drafted. It is very possible that Mr. Oak will do fine on his own as a builder though, as he is certainly someone who can build a good team. It is just the lack of a second opinion can be quite worrisome, especially when Garay is relatively new to the major NU team tour scene, with merely decent records in his past, besides his 6-0 NUPL run this year (this will also be mentioned for col49 and Jrdn, Garay isn't being isolated here). Garay is certainly a capable player, and it can be expected to see some games from him this season. Here's the best of his previous team tour experiences:

Highlight Replays

Garay Oak vs elodin - SPL X [Week 6]
Garay Oak vs Eternally - SPL X [Week 8]
Garay Oak vs Christo - SPL X [Week 9]
Garay Oak vs Bushtush - SSD I [Phase 2]

6) Bobby Dagen

SSD II: 2-2
SSD I: 4-4

Opposite of ict, Mr. Bobby Dag- wait, who the hell is that? It appears that Rodri got a name change! Well, opposite of ict, Rodri managed to avoid playing NU in SPL, and played it in Snake instead. He's been an NU player for a good minute now, despite not playing it in any recent SPL. As some users have already cited, he's certainly not known for his building, especially since he is known for using non-traditional teams (and not always in a good sense). However, some users have also already cited that this time he is paired with FLCL, one of SPL's best builders. Perhaps a player with the skill of Rodri combined with the building power of FLCL will work well for Rodri. It's most certainly possible, he hasn't gone negative in the past two years, but he hasn't gone positive either, with a 2-2 record in SSD II and a 4-4 record in SSD I. However, he is on the more unlikely side of the bunch to go positive unfortunately, as his most recent showings in NU haven't been super impressive, although they weren't horrible either. He'll most likely sit around a barely positive or barely negative record this year, which is still a decent showing.

Highlight Replays

Bobby Dagen vs Hootie - SSD II [Phase 1]
Bobby Dagen vs Eternally - SSD II [Phase 1]
Bobby Dagen vs Kushalos - SSD I [Phase 1]
Bobby Dagen vs elodin - SSD I [Phase 2]
Bobby Dagen vs FLCL - SSD I [Phase 2]
Bobby Dagen vs imsosorrylol - SSD I [Phase 3]

The next three are pretty much a three-way tie. It took awhile for me to figure who I wanted where, and it's pretty much based on a gut feeling and guesstimating records. Therefore, don't consider the ordering, they're all ranked 7th, the order is just a matter of how I placed them originally.

7) Snou

Like the upcoming col49, Snou's only NU team tournament experience on Smogon resides in NUPL. However, unlike col, Snou actually got in a lot more SM this year, and had a pretty decent record. Therefore, it's clear to see why he might be favored this year to go positive. However, with a lack of experience on the big stage thus far, it's a bit harder to justify a good run for Snou than the above users. Snou has a slight advantage over 49 and Ren-chon for one simple reason: He has Sjneider to back him up. Sjneider is certainly a fantastic builder, and combined with an already decent builder in Snou himself, it is very possible that together they can create some very solid teams for Snou to use this Snake. He's pretty much used standard with alterations in the past, so it will be interesting to see how that will blend with Sjneider's creative building style. On the contrary, Snou has a bit of a disadvantage over the other two in that he hasn't gone incredibly far in individual tournaments like Ren-chon, nor does he have the foundation of participating in big team tournaments in other tiers like col49. The farthest Snou got in individuals this year was round 7 of the NU League, which is still respectable, although not as far as Ren-chon went. Overall, Snou should do well this tournament as he is paired with a fantastic builder, although is inexperience in playing at a high level may bite his behind.

Highlight Replays

Snou vs robjr - NUPL VII [Week 1]
Snou vs Charmflash - NUPL VII [Week 2]
Snou vs Gondra - NUPL VII [Week 3]
Snou vs Santu - NUPL VII [Week 4]
Snou vs TDK - NUPL VII [Week 5]
Snou vs EviGaro - NUPL VII [Semifinal]

7) col49

Like the aforementioned Snou, Col's NU experience mostly resides in NUPL. However, unlike Snou, col49 already has an entire competitive career in RU to back up his skill level. In NUPL, he only played SM NU half of the season, but, when he did, he brought some pretty solid teams (with a dash of creativity, bringing some Pokemon like Gurdurr and Musdale as well). Three games this year isn't really a lot, but there are certainly people who are ranked higher who haven't had any NU experience this year, so at least col has that going for him. Since Vileplume's ban, though, the meta has changed quite a bit, so it will be interesting to see how he adapts to the changes, and, more specifically (and most importantly) how he will adapt to the dominance of Toxic Spikes in the current meta. The reason col49 is so low here is because he doesn't truly have a lot of NU experience, especially on the big stage. If he manages to even schedule a game, though, I think support with lax and his already strong footing as a player will take him far this tournament. It is merely a matter of investment and learning the tier. If he is presumably not building all this teams, then he might find himself struggle more with a lack of building knowledge, although that generally depends on the player and the opposing player, etc.. Again, though, having lax as your manager most definitely helps, so we can certainly expect col49 to do well this Snake, so long as he is able to schedule his games.

Highlight Replays

col49 vs HarrisIsAwesome - NUPL VII [Week 3]
col49 vs tko - NUPL VII [Week 4]
col49 vs Hootie - NUPL VII [Week 5]

7) Ren-chon

Ren-chon may have a slight advantage over the above two because of how far he's gotten in certain individual tournaments. He made it to the semifinals of the NU Majors this year, which is a pretty good run. He also made it to the round 5 loser's bracket of NU League V, which is fairly decent as well. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much team tournament experience in NU, and like col49 and Snou, his biggest showing has been NUPL, going a pretty solid 5-2 this past year (it could be 6-1, I accidently messed up my replays in the replay thread so I was unable to get his battle for the semis). He faced some formidable opponents, such as The Goomy, Lycans, and -Davon, all experienced NU players. He tends to use some relatively standard teams, although for a couple of games, he used some non-traditional Pokemon, such as Tauros and and Sawk, to his success. If he continues to use such teams this Snake, he will more than likely be successful in his endeavors.

Highlight Replays

Ren-chon vs The Goomy - NUPL VII [Week 1]
Ren-chon vs Lycans - NUPL VII [Week 4]
Ren-chon vs emforbes - NUPL VII [Week 5]
Ren-chon vs -Tsunami- - NUPL VII [Week 7]

Ren-chon vs Jrdn - NU Majors I [Semifinal, Game 2]
Ren-chon vs FLCL - NU Majors I [Round 4, Game 1]
Ren-chon vs FLCL - NU Majors I [Round 4, Game 2]

10) Jrdn

Jrdn surprised everyone this year by recently winning the NU Majors. Originally an OM player, Jrdn pretty much came out of nowhere and somehow had an incredible run. As some people have already mentioned, he's been playing Pokemon for quite some time. It is very possible that Jrdn can go out with a good record this, but without a good NU builder to back him up, it might be a bit difficult, especially with the major lack of experience in the tier, besides this most recent tournament. Jrdn actually built most of his teams for Majors, so he'll probably fare very well as a builder, even without extra NU support on his team, however, it always helps to have some extra support. But again, he's been playing Pokemon for a while, so it's very possible that his skill from OMs just transfers over to NU. If that is the case, and he builds well, it is certain that Jrdn will have not only a successful Snake, but a successful future as an NU player.

Highlight Replays

Jrdn vs 0NI - NU Majors I [Final, Game 1]
Jrdn vs 0NI - NU Majors I [Final, Game 3]

Jrdn vs Ren-chon - NU Majors I [Semifinal, Game 1]
Jrdn vs Ren-chon - NU Majors I [Semifinal, Game 3]

Final Ranking:

1) Kushalos
2) ict
3) Eternally
4) Finchinator
5) Garay Oak
6) Bobby Dagen
7) Snou
7) col49
7) Ren-chon
10) Jrdn

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Week 1 matchups are also out!

Week 1

Jrdn vs Kushalos
Garay Oak vs Finchinator
col49 vs Bobby Dagen
ict vs Sjneider
Eternally vs Ren-chon

These matchups are actually pretty alright for week one. It appears that the bottom half of the PR got paired with the top half of the PR, so if there is a chance for any of the players ranked #6-#10, this is absolutely their chance to do it (especially for perhaps underestimated players like Jrdn and Finchinator).

Unbiased predicts week 1:

Jrdn vs Kushalos [20-80]: jrdn's first official tour game and instantly vs the 1st seeded player, that's a tough start for sure. I rate Kush higher than jrdn in skills, playingwise and experience. This should be an easy win for Kush but who knows maybe jrdn takes it.

Garay Oak vs Finchinator [45-55]: Suprise here I feel, I think Finch wants to proof himself after being away from NU in official tournaments for like 3 or 4 years. He's probably also not happy with his placement which will make him even more motivated. This is certainly the HL of NU and I expect some cool teams from them.

col49 vs Bobby Dagen [45-55]: ngl I don't know much about these players but Rodri is the NU main so give him the edge.

Eternally vs Ren-chon [75-25]: Same thing here as with Jrdn vs Kushalos, only thing I give this one not a 80-20 is that Eternally sometimes has that issue that he brings teams he isn't happy about to tournaments.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Jrdn vs Kushalos [35-65] - Here week 1 we have that who was ranked #1 on the PR, and that who was ranked last. Despite that, I do think this match up could go to Jrdn despite Kushalos being a massive veteran. Both of them are seasoned builders in the tier (Jrdn actually built his own teams during the Majors, I made the mistake of assuming he had some builders helping him), and they certainly know how to play Pokemon. However, I think just for the fact that Kushalos has more experience in NU and building in general, he will be able to triumph over Jrdn, especially with his given building style in particular, perhaps being able to bring out a surprise set on Jrdn. Kushalos also has a lot more NU support than Jrdn (rozes excluded), so that also gives him an advantageous position in this match up.

Garay Oak vs Finchinator [55-45] - Finchinator fucking sucks. Jokes aside, I feel that my opinion on Garay has changed quite a bit since I wrote up my PR. His write up from my perspective was mostly objective, without really taking into account that this man has a ton of motivation to do well in this tournament, especially since he is getting hyped up by the majority of the community. There also hasn't been a lot to go off of in terms of Finchinator playing in NU either, so I think that Garay having the overall more experience (that we have public knowledge of) certainly gives him an advantage over the newly assigned NUTL. This matchup is as close as any, though, as the both of them are well-versed players anyway. I think that this game will come down to metagame knowledge and who prepares harder in the builder, as they are realistically close in skill.

col49 vs Bobby Dagen [45-55] - This match up could really go any way. I think col has a good shot if he's able to schedule his game with Rodri, but I still give the slight edge to Rodri for having way more NU experience than col49. The thing with Rodri is that he isn't the greatest NU builder. However, with FLCL on his side, he'll surely bring some good teams in this match up, which is another reason why I give Rodri an edge. On the other hand, col49 lacks any NU building support, so we need to hope that his building skills from RU translates to the NU tier. It's really too early in the tournament to tell whether or not he'll be able to build, but right now, I have faith that he may be able to bring some good teams in general, let alone this match.

ict vs Sjneider [55-45] - I think that this game could be closer than people might think. While Sjneider doesn't have a load of experience in team tournament NU, he's an insane builder himself, having built many teams for people in the past (I know he's built for people's individual tournament runs, although I'm unsure if he's built for players in team tournaments in the past). A lot of people underestimate how important the builder is. Half of a game is the builder, and half of a game is the battle. With Sjneider having a lot of experience in building, I think that gives him a good shot against ict. However, ict has the most playing experience, and he is a solid NU builder himself. I believe ict should take this given he preps harder in the builder, unless Sjneider pulls out some sort of surprise to catch ict off-guard, which is certainly a possibility.

Eternally vs Ren-chon [60-40] - If there is anyone who has motivation to win matches this Snake, it is Eternally. This man grinds out Snake more than anyone in any other tier. Unlike what Shake's PR cites, he doesn't lack team support. He has an incredible NU player and builder in yeezyknows, who will hopefully pair well with Eternally (both have similar styles of building, so that should be the case). Eternally having support isn't a huge factor, either, especially since he is oftentimes self-sufficient. However, having the extra help is always nice, especially when that help knocked you out of NU Majors. Ren-chon actually has NU support in a player that has already played in major NU tournaments in Osh, a previous NU Open winner and someone who played NU in the most recent edition in SPL. The thing with Osh is that most of his builds came from SANJAY, so I find it unlikely that he will be able to support Ren-chon too much (although, he is probably a solid builder on his own anyway). Ren-chon on the other hand can certainly build his own teams, so there isn't too much to fear there. However, with Eternally being the overall more solid player, and Eternally having more motivation to do well (especially for the fact that this is Snake), Eternally will triumph in this match.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS

Here's some live commentary on the most recent Kushalos vs Jrdn match! Apologies for the poor microphone quality on my end, this is the first time I've recorded in a while and I am currently ordering a new Blue Yeti, so I was forced into using my Snowball, oops! Shoutouts to rozes for co-commentating this match with me, it definitely gave a lot of insight considering he knew Kushalos' team and sets and all that. It also provided someone much more intelligent than I to help predict plays, lol.​

Unbiased predicts week 1:
col49 vs Bobby Dagen [45-55]: ngl I don't know much about these players but Rodri is the NU main so give him the edge.
I must respectfully point out that I am, in fact, an NU Main as well, as I'm sure either of our beloved tier leaders could confirm. Feel free to adjust your post accordingly.

To briefly offer my thoughts on this week's games, I feel a lot of these are really quite good; I feel like a lot of those duking it out here file into similar "archetypes" of players in such a way that makes their starting a season off in this way to be great for spectators. Garay v Finch is theoretically a season highlight for me, let alone just this week, since both are in great form of late and I see Finch as having a major role in informing Garay's NU. Oftentimes when you have an opponent who is so intimately familiar w/you as a player, it can lend itself to some games that go so deep down the rabbit hole in terms of playing to habits and expectations that a lot is lost to the viewer, but I can't help but feel neither is the type to go that far out. Eternally v Ren-chon is gonna be closer than I think a lot of people are projecting, I think Ren-chon is really quite good and has a bit more of a creative streak. Moreover, Eternally is a big noob that ended up getting me to build his Semis team at, like, 1 am, didn't like there was no Ground immune then swapped a key 'mon for Scarf Braviary, making the point of it moot since it loses to every Ground-type. In spite of this, I do think I give him the edge if just for play, since I think he's quite good at making the plays necessary to step on the opp's throat when need be, as opposed to the more textbook approach I feel Ren-chon takes in most games. Ict sjneider will be confusing, and I will need to confer with experts to decipher something along the way, but I like the direction Ict takes / pushes Jarii torwards in regards to prep, though with a smaller sample size to prep against I'd be curious exactly what is selected for it. Oh, and Klutchalos expertly didn't get his Slowking trapped Turn 5 by way of exuding PR Rank 1 energy to frighten his opponent. I do hope this doesn't discourage Jrdn though in all honesty, occasional suspect plays but the prep work was really interesting, honestly felt like some equal blend of Kush and Kiyo building that all came together as harmoniously as something like that could.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Updated the OP with Week 2 Matchups and Week 1 replays. Lots of cool pairings this week, especially looking forward to Finch vs Kush. Good luck to everyone starting, let's get some good games!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
some cool things i noticed from week 1...
  • Roar Steelix seemed to be used quite a bit. I know that the Eternally game showcased one on each side and my own Steelix had it, too. It's cool to see another filler move surface and there are numerous reasons for it to gain usage.
  • Toxic and Toxic Spikes both are super important in making progress and accounting for when gameplanning in pretty much any close game between balance/bulky-offensive teams right now. And there are no signs of this stopping.
  • After all the hype and talk of it recently, we only saw one Comfey. On the contrary, we saw some more niche options like Raichu-Alola, Absol, Charizard, and Aurorus, which all are very interesting options in the current metagame.

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.
Week three's out, thought i'd try my hand at some NU predix

Finchinator vs Ren-chon (65-35)

Mili admittedly hasn't gotten off to too hot of a start, whereas finch has been on both a building and a playing tear, whipping up some cool teams and playing up to his lofty standards. I wouldn't wholly discount Mili, as he has strong building support and is himself a respectable player, but finch does retain a clear edge here.

Garay oak vs ict (50-50)

It's hard to pick a definitive winner out of the two, as I view the duo as largely similar with regard to playing ability. In terms of building, I would favor Garay to a certain degree- but Jarii support is invaluable to ict's both past and current successes. Ultimately, I view this as a next to even matchup, with neither side maintaining a definitive playing or building edge. It should be a great game regardless, as grass pledge steelvally was one of the coolest techs I've seen in recent memory.

rozes vs Sjneider (60-40)

I was initially surprised to see sjneider get the start over snou, but neider's proven his playing and building ability in spades. His NU building, together with that of ilovemilk, has continually been one of the most innovative in my (albeit limited) recent lower-tier memory. Neider's game versus Garay was one of the most one-sided NU games I've seen in a long time, in large part due to neider's building strengths. While rozes does indeed have strong tournament pedigree and kushalos building support, neider's innovative prowess and momentum does award him a sizeable edge.

0NI vs Jrdn (55-45)

It's really cool to see 0ni starting, as I consider him to be, along with neider, one of the more innovative figures in the NU community. Jrdn is similar, as his techs last week were nothing short of remarkable, making use of not one but two low-ranked PU mons to great success. Ultimately, 0ni's lack of real playing experience on the big stage does hurt him to a slight degree, but I don't believe that that gap is insurmountable, as he's done well for himself in numerous facets of NU tour play. I consider the pairing to have even building ability, with a slight playing edge awarded to jrdn.

Disappointing 0-2 chiming in to say that I've been having fun w/this tour thus far, in spite of sullying it a bit w/two endgames I couldn't quite close out. While it's still fresh I'd say that I thought my game vs Eternally was pretty neat, again withholding the fact that I made the hard commitment to my hail v.Incineroar + Togedemaru sequence slightly wrong; my entire midgame was in some way centered around navigating his cat's berry, which in turn prompted me to not simply mash my double Rocky Helmet users into it as I would other physical threats. The biggest calc to bear in mind throughout this game is that of +0 Sandslash EQ vs 0/0 Incineroar (59.8-70.6%). At turn 22 I attempt to line myself up for this by trading my Comfey, which at the point of the Druddigon sac had become expendable, for that requisite chip, unfortunately netting bare minimum off a 24.4-29% roll, putting it at 64% which [clearly] I found myself unwilling to risk provided Sandslash had the best shot at closing out the game w/my current resources. Being forced to make the Abomasnow into Incineroar play to get that requisite chip was huge at a point where I would have really wanted to be up in sacs, which really altered the dynamic of the game. But to finally address what I would call the only "true" misplay on my end, on turn 27 I SD on the predicted switch out to establish a check position, disallowing him to Intimidate buffer to sneak it out of range of eq and more-or-less force Togedemaru to address the threat at hand. Earthquake there would have killed Togedemaru, yes, but also failed to seal the game, since it in turn fed Incineroar a 'free' Flare Blitz, which would net it the recovery of its berry while KOing Abomasnow and putting it at roughly 70% after all effects, for all intents and purposes requiring a max roll or crit. What totally slipped my mind in doing this, however, was that Nuzzle was the commonly accepted fourth on Scarf Togedemaru, pushing me into that same position but with the added constraint of a chance of full paralysis, which I ended up suffering. To that end, I should have used the pressure exerted on Eternally to address my +2 Sandslash to hard Abomasnow, which would either be 2HKO'd by Iron Head, letting Sandslash back in to SD once and have the 2 remaining Hail turns to collect both KO's, or eat either Electric-type attack. My set was Substitute with Focus Blast, meaning that at absolute worst he made the hard switch into Incineroar from a Togedemaru locked into Nuzzle and forced me to hit a Focus Blast to get a prediction-free win.

Honestly can't quite tell if I respected the math too much or too little from all that, but I thought it was a cool one that was worth unpacking a little, and I'm bringing hard stall next week because I'm sick of having to deal w/a Scarf Toge messing w/my calcs in the second-to-last turn of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)