Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Dead by Daylight

16 colors, I’m so lonely
is a Pre-Contributor
How do you get a custom title or whatever you call the text below someone's name? Is it only through Kalalokki's Likeshop or is there another way?

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
On that note, are there any specific requirements for the Pre-Contributor Badge or is it decided by the mods on a case-by-case basis?
There's no set standard for Pre-Contributor because it can be gained as a pre-step for multiple different badges (CC, Contributor, Smog Media, Social Media, Artist, Programmer, etc.). The requirements for each of these options differ but can generally be set as "part of the way towards another badge". Some people never gains this badge and goes straight to a full badge instead, so I wouldn't recommend trying to specifically get it. Just contribute in whichever way you find interesting if you want a badge.

Hey guys I was just thinking about a battle I had yesterday where in Randbats my Krook with life orb did 30-something% to Alolan Persian. I know Fur Coat halves physical damage, but I thought that was only on contact moves, which EQ is not. I was neutral attack and not burned, so if fur coat doesn't half EQ damage I know it would do more. Anyone know if that is how that's supposed to work? It seems like it's programmed wrong, but I'm not sure.
Fluffy halves the damage from contact moves (including some special moves like Draining Kiss). Fur Coat halves the damage from all physical moves.

I do not know why Game Freak made two separate abilities with such similar effects and themes, but they did.

Fluffy halves the damage from contact moves (including some special moves like Draining Kiss). Fur Coat halves the damage from all physical moves.

I do not know why Game Freak made two separate abilities with such similar effects and themes, but they did.
I just deleted this bc I realized my mistake and that was before I saw you responded. Thank you for pointing this out. I consciously knew the ability was fur coat on Persian but proceeded to lookup fluffy (associating the two in my head). Silly me lol

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
gonna suggest something that I think would help w notifications and such but, make same post and same reactions into one single notification, instead of multiple ones, like the example below:
1686586916503.png

normally it is 2 pop-ups for like, but the updated one would be like
"btboy, frickEDmt reacted to your post in the thread, with like" and if someone reacts with haha, angry or such then it would be a different pop-up, I think this just makes it cleaner for ppl with multiple notifications overall

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
gonna suggest something that I think would help w notifications and such but, make same post and same reactions into one single notification, instead of multiple ones, like the example below:
View attachment 525545
normally it is 2 pop-ups for like, but the updated one would be like
"btboy, frickEDmt reacted to your post in the thread, with like" and if someone reacts with haha, angry or such then it would be a different pop-up, I think this just makes it cleaner for ppl with multiple notifications overall
This is a good idea as long as the red number by notifications still counts likes separately so I can keep getting my serotonin from the big number :sphearical:

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
This is a good idea as long as the red number by notifications still counts likes separately so I can keep getting my serotonin from the big number :sphearical:
Idea would be kinda similar to how discord's system goes, whenever a high number is reached, it starts going like this, some names and (x others)
1686716469430.png

I need some help.

so I’m editing my signature again to make it more like me, so I wanna add in a image okay?

but for some reason I can’t. Maybe it’s because im on ipad or I’m doing something wrong?
But all things aside please help me..

Hello! I have a suggestion I'd like to make for the damage calculator. Where could I post it?
My first instict is the Suggestions forum however from what I could gather it's limited to only posts about Pokemon Showdown, not the calculator. Furthermore that forum has neither a "Click here to send a message to the mods" or a "Simple Questions Simple Answers" thread so I'm asking here. Thanks!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Hello! I have a suggestion I'd like to make for the damage calculator. Where could I post it?
My first instict is the Suggestions forum however from what I could gather it's limited to only posts about Pokemon Showdown, not the calculator. Furthermore that forum has neither a "Click here to send a message to the mods" or a "Simple Questions Simple Answers" thread so I'm asking here. Thanks!
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-showdown-damage-calculator.3593546/ This thread is what you want

Sorry if asked before couldn't find any answers
Whats a rough estimation for when the Paldea mons get gen 5 battle sprites just wondering

So what happens if you report yourself for breaking rules? If you go for example, harassing someone, then report yourself for harassment, what happens? (Assuming you don’t apologise for it, basically phrasing it like you’re a disgusted bystander).

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
So what happens if you report yourself for breaking rules? If you go for example, harassing someone, then report yourself for harassment, what happens? (Assuming you don’t apologise for it, basically phrasing it like you’re a disgusted bystander).
the strong arm of the law will run its course as if someone else had reported you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)