Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Tea Guzzler

serial waffler
is a Contributor to Smogon
whats the multiplier if my miraidon is electric terastalized uses charge then use electro drift onto a flying type?
252+ SpA Flutter Mane Electro Drift vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus: 79-93 (17.7 - 20.9%) -- possible 5HKO
+2 252+ SpA Hadron Engine Tera Electric Miraidon Electro Drift (133.3251953125 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Flying in Electric Terrain: 1436-1692 (323.4 - 381%) -- guaranteed OHKO
About a 18.18x increase accounting for STAB, Tera Electric, Hadron Engine, Electro Drift (SE and secondary effect), and Charge.

252+ SpA Flutter Mane Electro Drift vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus: 79-93 (17.7 - 20.9%) -- possible 5HKO
+2 252+ SpA Hadron Engine Tera Electric Miraidon Electro Drift (133.3251953125 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Flying in Electric Terrain: 1436-1692 (323.4 - 381%) -- guaranteed OHKO
About a 18.18x increase accounting for STAB, Tera Electric, Hadron Engine, Electro Drift (SE and secondary effect), and Charge.
that's a lot of damage

Are damaging moves that reduce accuracy that good? I think Night Daze was viable in gen 8, and Muddy Water has a good BP. There are more but none of them are particularly strong (65 BP for most of them)

There's slots 1-4, you order them that way and they play against the order that the opposing team puts theirs in.
Guess I didn't word my question write. Say I'm the weak link of my team and the other team has someone like BKC or ABR. can my manager make it so I avoid playing a grandmaster like those two guys.

Isaiah

The battle is joined
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Guess I didn't word my question write. Say I'm the weak link of my team and the other team has someone like BKC or ABR. can my manager make it so I avoid playing a grandmaster like those two guys.
With the way it works, there's no way to know who the opposing team is putting in each slot (only the hosts get to see each lineup before posting the next week's matchup). So with your example, your manager has no way of avoiding that; they just have to get lucky and hope for the best, pretty much.

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Why is Air Slash now in the "usually useless moves" category?
As far as I can tell air slash has probably been in the usually useless category for a while. Hurricane is generally better and the times where it isn't are pretty niche so nobody has really paid it any attention. In the grand scheme of things the exact category of every move isn't the top priority of the showdown devs.

However, for pokemon that have serene grace or that can't learn hurricane you're right that it probably isn't useless.

If you want to suggest this as a change, move category suggestions go in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)