Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - February & March 2010

Things might change you know...next gen might not have Bullet Punch as part of the move tutor.
Dude. There is a 99% chance that you can transfer your Bullet Punch scizor from D/P/Pt/HG/SS to the new version when it comes out, unless they rehaul the entire system like between G/S/C and R/S/E.

edit: on another vein, I think infernape and special sweepers in general will become more popular.

On the same vein next gen will probably have something like the Pal Park to tranfer mons through generations, making the need of a tutor irrelevant since Scizor will conserve BP, though both your point and mine is pure guessing.
You're right. A Muse fan cannot be wrong! Don't take it the wrong way. It's not all just cuz you're a Muse fan =P

The PalPark would be interesting, meaning you can transfer 3rd gen to 4th to 5th. Strange but cool.

@above: we don't know if next gen is compatible with 4th. It'll probably will be but no one is certain.

It's strange that lucario is going down. Stick it with latias and give it agility/bullet punch and you can really punish anyone using scarftar.

It should only be a matter of time before breloom rightfully takes its place in the top 10.

You're right. A Muse fan cannot be wrong! Don't take it the wrong way. It's not all just cuz you're a Muse fan =P

The PalPark would be interesting, meaning you can transfer 3rd gen to 4th to 5th. Strange but cool.

@above: we don't know if next gen is compatible with 4th. It'll probably will be but no one is certain.
they will probably incorporate the mechanics to allow for compatibility between the two gens. this i almost certain. ofc we're not sure but this is highly likely.

It's strange that lucario is going down. Stick it with latias and give it agility/bullet punch and you can really punish anyone using scarftar.

It should only be a matter of time before breloom rightfully takes its place in the top 10.
i don't thin kgiving agility and bp is such a great idea with bp being a priority atk. i'm not sure about breloom being top 10 but yeah i always felt like it wasn't getting enough attention :(

edit: crap -_- double post

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To go with the standard change stats here, lead change stats requested by sm64:

Change in % usage from January to March:
(only Pokemon in the top 50 leads for both months are listed, Rotom formes are counted only as Rotom-A)
Code:
 Azelf          6.92%    [COLOR=Red]-0.65%[/COLOR]
 Swampert       6.23%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.23%[/COLOR]
 Metagross      5.33%    [COLOR=Red]-1.41%[/COLOR]
 Aerodactyl     5.14%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.46%[/COLOR]
 Jirachi        4.65%    [COLOR=Red]-0.66%[/COLOR]
 Infernape      4.63%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.50%[/COLOR]
 Roserade       3.16%    [COLOR=Red]-0.13%[/COLOR]
 Tyranitar      2.96%    [COLOR=Red]-0.01%[/COLOR]
 Ninjask        2.76%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.07%[/COLOR]
 Gliscor        2.61%    [COLOR=Red]-0.34%[/COLOR]
 Heatran        2.60%    [COLOR=Red]-0.41%[/COLOR]
 Smeargle       2.20%    [COLOR=Red]-0.16%[/COLOR]
 Hippowdon      2.18%    [COLOR=Red]-0.29%[/COLOR]
 Machamp        2.18%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.35%[/COLOR]
 Bronzong       2.06%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.04%[/COLOR]
 Dragonite      1.74%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.15%[/COLOR]
 Crobat         1.73%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.01%[/COLOR]
 Skarmory       1.66%    [COLOR=Red]-0.04%[/COLOR]
 Forretress     1.62%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.16%[/COLOR]
 Abomasnow      1.58%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.30%[/COLOR]
 Mamoswine      1.51%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.39%[/COLOR]
 Ambipom        1.42%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.09%[/COLOR]
 Uxie           1.23%    [COLOR=Red]-0.90%[/COLOR]
 Yanmega        1.22%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.19%[/COLOR]
 Weavile        1.15%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.16%[/COLOR]
 Electrode      1.11%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.30%[/COLOR]
 Gyarados       1.10%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.09%[/COLOR]
 Breloom        1.06%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.22%[/COLOR]
 Empoleon       1.06%    [COLOR=Red]-0.13%[/COLOR]
 Starmie        1.04%    [COLOR=Red]-0.13%[/COLOR]
 Celebi         1.01%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.03%[/COLOR]
 Gengar         0.94%    [COLOR=Red]-0.12%[/COLOR]
 Froslass       0.86%    [COLOR=Red]-0.06%[/COLOR]
 Salamence      0.80%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.02%[/COLOR]
 Lucario        0.70%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.13%[/COLOR]
 Togekiss       0.70%    [COLOR=Red]-0.20%[/COLOR]
 Alakazam       0.66%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.12%[/COLOR]
 Scizor         0.61%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.21%[/COLOR]
 Jolteon        0.55%    [COLOR=Red]-0.09%[/COLOR]
 Zapdos         0.54%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.01%[/COLOR]
 Charizard      0.50%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.18%[/COLOR]
 Gallade        0.38%    [COLOR=Red]-0.08%[/COLOR]
 Arcanine       0.34%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.04%[/COLOR]
 Umbreon        0.31%    [COLOR=SeaGreen]+0.00%[/COLOR]
 Flygon         0.29%    [COLOR=Red]-0.02%[/COLOR]

Interesting on how some of those top 10 leads I've never even seen on Shoddy once out of over 200 battles... they include Tyranitar, Ninjask, Gliscor, and Metagross. At least I'm 99% sure on Metagross. :pimp:

Things might change you know...next gen might not have Bullet Punch as part of the move tutor.
This may be a little late, but Scizor learns Bullet Punch via Heart Scale relearning not move tutor. Just another thing that basically guarantees Scizor keeping Bullet Punch in Gen 5.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Interesting on how some of those top 10 leads I've never even seen on Shoddy once out of over 200 battles... they include Tyranitar, Ninjask, Gliscor, and Metagross. At least I'm 99% sure on Metagross. :pimp:
Using current stats and exactly 200 battles the chances of that are one in 5.7*10^12, or roughly one in six trillion. You probably just do not remember which leads you have not faced, or have an inaccurate count of battles.

| Tyranitar | Item | Choice Scarf | 32.8 |
i don't understand, tyranitar @ choice scarf is not good. do you guys really hate latias that much or is this just the electivire crowd using tyranitar
It's not just latias, it's Starmie, Gengar, Azelf, and Rotom, not to mention stuff that's not pursuit weak like Lucario. I've never used scarftar, but I've fought against it more than enough to know how effective it is. It's not just noobs using it either. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that scarftar is far more popular amongst top tier battlers than it is amongst noobs.

Thanks for double stats Doug.

Blaziken and Toxicroak is struggling to become the most used fighting type it seems.
That's a huge hit for one of the premier wall breakers in UU. In Feb, Blaziken was..

| 17 | Blaziken | 11124 | 10.22 |

And an impressive rise for Toxicroak.

| 35 | Toxicroak | 6995 | 6.43 |

the lead usages surprised me,

azelf and metagross dropped and swampert even past meta and isnt that far below azelf.

what whats with ninjask having more usage than heatran and gliscor, makes no sense to me

the lead usages surprised me,

azelf and metagross dropped and swampert even past meta and isnt that far below azelf.

what whats with ninjask having more usage than heatran and gliscor, makes no sense to me
Let's look at what Swampert can do against the fifteen common leads. Its biggest issue is the fact it has issues putting up Rocks, in the face of Taunters, and in many cases it MUST attack lead Pokemon right away to prevent them from gaining the upper hand. It does serve as an effective anti-lead Pokemon though, and can occasional put Rocks up early.

| 1 | Azelf | 51979 | 6.92 |
Azelf does its job with Taunt, Stealth Rocks, and Explosion.

| 2 | Swampert | 46797 | 6.23 |

| 3 | Metagross | 40017 | 5.33 |
Metagross is faster, and Stealth Rocks+Explosion/switch is what it will do. Trick Scarfing Swampert into an Earthquake is good early setup bait.

| 4 | Aerodactyl | 38626 | 5.14 |
It can prevent Stealth Rocks while setting up its own, but will usually die without hurting Swampert.

| 5 | Jirachi | 34874 | 4.65 |
Swampert handles the Scarf Iron Header, but doesn't like being Tricked a Scarf at all, locking him into Earthquake, or Stealth Rocks.

| 6 | Infernape | 34724 | 4.63 |
Defeats Infernapes that do not run Grass Knot, as most Lead Infernape won't.

| 7 | Roserade | 23714 | 3.16 |
Loses to every Roserade set.

| 8 | Tyranitar | 22226 | 2.96 |
Beats almost every Tyranitar set, but Tyranitar can Taunt to prevent SR.

| 9 | Ninjask | 20734 | 2.76 |
Beats Ninjask via attacking, or Roar. Swampert can Roar out the receiving Pokemon as well if Ninjask Protects+Passes.

| 10 | Gliscor | 19569 | 2.61 |
Handles virtually every Gliscor set, but Gliscor can Taunt to prevent SR.

| 11 | Heatran | 19551 | 2.60 |
Beats almost every lead Heatran, and most don't run Taunt.

| 12 | Smeargle | 16529 | 2.20 |
Loses to Smeargle. Smeargle loves to see Swampert leads.

| 13 | Machamp | 16404 | 2.18 |
Swampert doesn't care for Machamp, with Dynamic Punch, possibly setting up Substitute if you setup rocks, and being fairly bulky. It's an even match though.

| 14 | Hippowdon | 16372 | 2.18 |
Swampert defeats most Hippowdon with two Hydro Pumps.

| 15 | Bronzong | 15488 | 2.06 |
Swampert can't do great damage, but it can setup Stealth Rocks and being shuffling.

Personally, I was expecting tyranitar and gliscor leads to have more usage as the rise of semi-stall. Also, I wanted to see HIppowdon in more usage but I guess the meta isn't as stallish, at least to the point of having hippowdon in the top ten :(

Personally, I was expecting tyranitar and gliscor leads to have more usage as the rise of semi-stall. Also, I wanted to see HIppowdon in more usage but I guess the meta isn't as stallish, at least to the point of having hippowdon in the top ten :(
I think Hippowdon's lack of ability to 'really hurt' Levitating/Flying Leads, and being Taunt bait is the main issue. I would rather bring Hippo in fairly early, but not lead with him. Give him a comfortable position to setup Rocks, or begin Stock Piling.

I really hope Tentacruel falls to UU at some point. His usage has been steadily declining in OU, and he would serve as an amazing Rapid Spinner and Toxic Spiker in UU, usurping Qwilfish, and providing the best Blaziken counter since Slowbro.

Jan 2010
| 41 | Tentacruel | 31799 | 4.23

Mar 2010
| 44 | Tentacruel | 29764 | 3.96

I really hope Tentacruel falls to UU at some point. His usage has been steadily declining in OU, and he would serve as an amazing Rapid Spinner and Toxic Spiker in UU, usurping Qwilfish, and providing the best Blaziken counter since Slowbro.

Jan 2010
| 41 | Tentacruel | 31799 | 4.23

Mar 2010
| 44 | Tentacruel | 29764 | 3.96
I hope you meant Slowking, cause Slowbro struggles against most Blaziken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)