ORAS OU: MichaelderBeste2 vs jonfilch
BW OU: Luthier vs watashi
DPP OU: Student of Sinnoh vs bruno
ADV OU: Triangles vs robjr
GSC OU: Century Express vs ggggd
RBY OU: Nails vs Heroic Troller

Glassiest

got short but rambly spectator thoughts so figured i'd make a post out of em:
this poffs is gonna be really exciting to watch. i think the raiders had the best draft preseason, and took many nerfs via untimely forum bans, but their bench has been super serviceable which still makes them competitive despite 40k+ down the drain. seems like they don't have a significant weakness anymore nor do they lack star power. really impressive how they're still such a threat with all they've had to deal with this season.
ruiners seem to have been hit really hard by the mikmer ban and they have a weaker/less flexible bench compared to the raiders. however, they are really solid anyway. compared to the other teams in poffs i'd say they will have the hardest time to win the trophy but have a lot of popoff potential cause at least half of their slots are really, really good. def lowest floor, but no autoloss slots. zf in adv is exciting to see, wonder how in form he is here since it's been a long time, but we can hope/expect to see a lot of innovation
sharks and classy feel like the two most overdue teams to win spl and also feel like the best on paper. it's crazy how busted classy became once management moved luth and michael out of sv. i was really surprised they took michael and suapah out of ss and sv while they were a combined 8-0 post-shift. this may prove to be an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" moment, where they had a lu that dominated 2nd half of reg ssn but got lost in the sauce and nerfed themselves, but who knows what happened behind the scenes. nonetheless classy's draft was broken af and they still feel like the team to beat
if there's anyone who can beat them, however, it's the sharks. i really like the way they optimized their lineup by putting borja in sv and giving tdnt another shot. this team feels really similar to classy, except they definitely have the strongest sv in the tour, whereas classy have the strongest old gens. sharks also seem to have caught on to the spl cheatcode by drafting sadlysius...man's been in spl finals for the past 3 years and might be on his way to 4 in a row LOL, is that a record?
kebab vs raptor
gtcha vs gama
jisoo vs dice -- student vs teacher vibes, arguably the most exciting bw mu of the tour, esp since they didn't play in reg ssn
roro vs zf
serpi vs chuva

garay vs borja -- :gringopat:
mncmt vs mind -- two of the best sv players, can mind deny the 10-0?
mdb vs jon -- let's see if the shift pays off, this mu seems even af tho
sos vs bruno -- undefeated rookie vs goober who's allergic to losing and bringing crazy shit + broken prep. this is the most exciting dpp mu thus far and will be a great clash of new dpp mainer/meta talent and a crackhead who happens to be one of the best players of all time. i will harass u guys for the time and wake up early to watch this if need be '-'
ce vs pablo -- brazilian showdown, both have been really good but also got kinda lucky in reg ssn. pablo somehow undefeated after subbing in and feels really hard to actually beat cause he's really good. d0 + ce will probably have the best chances of cracking the code tho
nails vs troller
raiders: roro and dbc both got their trophies mazar'd in spl 8 and find themselves back in poffs. in particular, although roro won spl before half of us were born, it's been years since he made poffs since he's been stuck with the bigs, tigers, and the cabal for the past few years. dbc's been doing his thing for years and came really close last year but lost in finals. false has also made poffs of official teamtours several times at this pt and in recent years has always paid his pricetag & more.
ruiners: cbb, dice, and stresh are amazing players and have come close multiple times. feels like cbb and stresh in particular make poffs like every tour they play. cbb has has a rough tour but is one of the most clutch players i've seen...rooting for y'all

classiest: d0's been managing great teams and playing for years, always been amazing, and hella deserves a win after all this time...looking like the chances this year are really good. suapah's made finals the past two years he's played and always puts up a really good record/performance. mdb also came short in wcop finals and scl finals after an 8 win campaign in the latter.

sharks: whether by getting frozen in spl tiebreak or escaping on a life raft from the spl 11 bigs, tdk has somehow found himself in every spl poffs i can remember...but hasn't won yet. crazy how a 6-3 reg ssn for troller might be thought of as an "underperformance". the 10 win spl last year was fucking insane and it looks unlikely that troller will lose at this pt...he always comes alive in poffs, even bringing the god firebird to tiebreak. seeing nat go 8-1 also makes me smile, epic player and great human being
predicting raiders to make finals, no clue what will happen w sharks vs classy but i predicted them to go to tb

to my scooters: thank you very much for the season. y'all had incredible attitudes despite the situation you were put in and almost all our series while in contention felt down to the wire. i'm happy that as a silver lining, i got to meet a lot of new people and make some new friends from the experience. ty tama as well for managing with me, you were very involved with the team and your support and advice were a significant contributing factor to many games we won. you helped foster a positive environment and i hope you manage another tour bc you really deserve it. and special s/o to felix, bihi, and umbry for your amazing performances and everything else

i had a great time managing spl for the past three years, so thanks again to my good friends who managed with me and thanks to the tds for the opportunities. i'm looking forward to seeing who takes over the scoots and revives the franchise

rooting for my friends on all teams but best of luck to the raiders, would make me very happy to see my boys roro and dbc win :)

SV OU: Baloor vs xavgb
SV OU: DAHLI vs njnp
SV OU: Kebab mlml vs Raptor
SV OU: Ash KetchumGamer vs CrashinBoomBang
SS OU: Gtcha vs Eternal Spirit
SM OU: Skypenguin vs CTC
ORAS OU: RaiZen1704 vs pj
BW OU: Jisoo vs dice
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs Laurel
ADV OU: McMeghan vs zf
GSC OU: false vs Siatam
RBY OU: Serpi vs chuva de perereca

SV OU: Garay oak vs SoulWind
SV OU: Lunala vs kythr
SV OU: mncmt vs mind gaming
SV OU: Aberforth vs Nat
SS OU: suapah vs TDNT
SM OU: emforbes vs Gondra
ORAS OU: MichaelderBeste2 vs jonfilch
BW OU: Luthier vs watashi
DPP OU: Student of Sinnoh vs bruno
ADV OU: Triangles vs robjr
GSC OU: Century Express vs ggggd - ggggd why are you playing gsc lmao (congrats on the 4-0 so far though)
RBY OU: Nails vs Heroic Troller

good luck to in particular dbc raptor gondra zf and luthier even though i predicted vs some of you i hope you win or whatever. a lot of old faces here that are nice to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)