Finals Smogon Premier League XIII - Finals [Won by Team Raiders]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I find it hard to even imagine what an SPL without reyscarface would look like. Thirteen years of SPL including what despite the lack of a trophy is arguably the strongest streak in all of SPL history is nothing to sneeze at. Sad that you couldn't claim the red for your final season but there's never been a manager like you and never will be again. I suspect SPL is going to be a lot less exciting without you around.

Rooting for Sharks in the final, I'm sad Tyrants lost but the thought of seeing CBB, rob and Troller take home a trophy is decent consolation.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team Raiders (5) vs (5) Stark Sharks

SS OU: TJ vs mind gaming - Both players have looked solid this season, but mind has looked a cut above the rest of the field, constantly pushing the metagame forward with his aggressive offensive structures whereas TJ has mostly used in the meta offenses and balances thus far. Unless TJ can capitilize on mind's aggressive playstyle like talah did earlier this season, I think this difference in approach will give mind gaming a solid matchup that will net him the win here.

SS OU: 100percentpureheat vs bro fist - If this was a few years ago, bolding against bro fist in SPL finals would have been a foolish proposition, but he has simply not looked like himself this tour. Granted he should have won his semifinals match against Leo if not for timing out, but he's been very inconsistent all SPL. On the other hand, 100 has channeled every top player's ability to will opponents into choking when it matters most, as evidenced by his semifinals game as well as his finals game against talah last year. Given this slew of factors, I have to favor 100 in this matchup.

SS OU: Gtcha vs suapah - Picking against the 8-1 player is probably pretty silly, but in spite of Gtcha's phenomenal record this SPL, I do believe his play has left quite a bit to be desired, particularly in his tiebreak game against dice, where he attempted to give dice every possible chance to win that game after getting off to an early lead. On the flip side, suapah has looked extremely strong in all of his performances so far this SPL. His sole loss being to bea is likely relevant to this game given the support Gtcha has, but suapah has plenty of experience in high pressure situations and can be counted on to deliver when it's needed most.

SM OU: Punny vs Welli0u - I didn't feel particularly great bolding either of these guys given the messy natures of their semis games, but Well is on a hot streak the last few weeks, in spite of how he arrived there. I'll count on his dominant SM tournament record and experience in high leverage games to carry him to victory against Punny here. Additionally, I believe Punny has some pretty exploitable tendencies in the teambuilders that the sharks will be able to take advantage of given their personnel. From a pure playing perspective I would favor Well slightly in spite of him having a down tour.

ORAS OU: xray vs CrashinBoomBang - This is an extremely close match and could easily tilt either way based on the day of the week, how both players are feeling that day, whether or not they both took a shit before the game, or whatever other factor is affecting the game. However, I'm going to give a slight edge to xray here because I've really liked the approach he's taken to prepping this year and CBB did get exploited in the builder pretty hard last week. I think CBB is probably a slightly better player whereas xray is a slightly better metagamer. This is probably the highlight of the week for me and I can't wait to watch it.

BW OU: elodin vs crucify - This matchup is honestly a lot closer than one would think at first glance. Crucify has been very impressive for someone playing in their first ever SPL. He defeated elodin himself, dice, and Soulwind all in a row earlier in the season and has shown an adaptability that allows him to wield basically any playstyle. On the other hand, elodin has mostly stuck to his comfort zone of sand balance with the occasional HO and rain mixed in there to keep people honest. I'm going to favor elodin's experience in this matchup since this is still crucify's first SPL and it's a big ask of him to beat elodin.

DPP OU: BIHI vs DeepBlueC - This is another extremely close matchup against two of the top players in the DPP field. Unfortunately, DBC didn't really get a chance to play Pokemon in his semis game against Christo whereas BIHI won in one of the most unfortunately hilarious ways possible, copycatting roar with scarf lucario to sweep through Malekith's team after a messy game beforehand. I rate BIHI a little more highly in DPP OU due to his solid building and play, so I'll give him a slight edge here.

ADV OU: Hclat vs robjr - GOBSR is the GOAT and I will hear NO SLANDER of this man.

GSC OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Jirachee - This is a bit of an awkward predict to make in a gen I admittedly don't know much about, but I'll probably favor Jimmy here just because he has a better body of work overall.

RBY OU: Aliss vs Heroic Troller - Troller's been the best RBY player this SPL and there's not many arguments you can make against that claim, not much to say here.

Tiebreak: I think the raiders are just going to double SS again since they don't have a clear advantage anywhere else, and their SS core has two players that have proven themselves to be tiebreak quality. On the other hand, the Sharks also don't have any super clear advantages so I think they're just going to pick RBY and ride troller as far as they can go.

Team Radiers (1) vs (2) Stark Sharks

SS OU: 100percentpureheat vs suapah - I decided to slot suapah in SS1 for this prediction just for the sake of predicting a unique matchup here. I don't really have much to say about this matchup that I didn't already say above. Suapah's got the mental toughness and creativity to stand up to whatever shenanigans that 100 may pull to throw him off his game as well as the building and playing ability to bring it home..

SS OU: Gtcha vs mind gaming - I think that the sharks probably put mind gaming in over john unless he has a convincing win against 100 due to how good he's looked all tour. However, I think Gtcha probably notches the win here due to his flexibility and creativity when it comes to what teams he can use. Similarly, think that Gtcha is just the right level of clicker to punish mind's aggressive plays like clicking knock with weavile vs lando and other such moves and that coupled with the aforementioned teambuilding prowess and his support will give him the advantage here.

RBY OU: BIHI vs Troller - Writing out predicts for troller RBY series seems kinda fruitless at this point, the dude is just a machine and there's not much to say lmao.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion

SS OU: TJ vs mind gaming - Both players have looked solid this season, but mind has looked a cut above the rest of the field, constantly pushing the metagame forward with his aggressive offensive structures whereas TJ has mostly used in the meta offenses and balances thus far. Unless TJ can capitilize on mind's aggressive playstyle like talah did earlier this season, I think this difference in approach will give mind gaming a solid matchup that will net him the win here.

SS OU: 100percentpureheat vs bro fist - If this was a few years ago, bolding against bro fist in SPL finals would have been a foolish proposition, but he has simply not looked like himself this tour. Granted he should have won his semifinals match against Leo if not for timing out, but he's been very inconsistent all SPL. On the other hand, 100 has channeled every top player's ability to will opponents into choking when it matters most, as evidenced by his semifinals game as well as his finals game against talah last year. Given this slew of factors, I have to favor 100 in this matchup.

SS OU: Gtcha vs suapah - Picking against the 8-1 player is probably pretty silly, but in spite of Gtcha's phenomenal record this SPL, I do believe his play has left quite a bit to be desired, particularly in his tiebreak game against dice, where he attempted to give dice every possible chance to win that game after getting off to an early lead. On the flip side, suapah has looked extremely strong in all of his performances so far this SPL. His sole loss being to bea is likely relevant to this game given the support Gtcha has, but suapah has plenty of experience in high pressure situations and can be counted on to deliver when it's needed most.

SM OU: Punny vs Welli0u - I didn't feel particularly great bolding either of these guys given the messy natures of their semis games, but Well is on a hot streak the last few weeks, in spite of how he arrived there. I'll count on his dominant SM tournament record and experience in high leverage games to carry him to victory against Punny here. Additionally, I believe Punny has some pretty exploitable tendencies in the teambuilders that the sharks will be able to take advantage of given their personnel. From a pure playing perspective I would favor Well slightly in spite of him having a down tour.

ORAS OU: xray vs CrashinBoomBang - This is an extremely close match and could easily tilt either way based on the day of the week, how both players are feeling that day, whether or not they both took a shit before the game, or whatever other factor is affecting the game. However, I'm going to give a slight edge to xray here because I've really liked the approach he's taken to prepping this year and CBB did get exploited in the builder pretty hard last week. I think CBB is probably a slightly better player whereas xray is a slightly better metagamer. This is probably the highlight of the week for me and I can't wait to watch it.

BW OU: elodin vs crucify - This matchup is honestly a lot closer than one would think at first glance. Crucify has been very impressive for someone playing in their first ever SPL. He defeated elodin himself, dice, and Soulwind all in a row earlier in the season and has shown an adaptability that allows him to wield basically any playstyle. On the other hand, elodin has mostly stuck to his comfort zone of sand balance with the occasional HO and rain mixed in there to keep people honest. I'm going to favor elodin's experience in this matchup since this is still crucify's first SPL and it's a big ask of him to beat elodin.

DPP OU: BIHI vs DeepBlueC - This is another extremely close matchup against two of the top players in the DPP field. Unfortunately, DBC didn't really get a chance to play Pokemon in his semis game against Christo whereas BIHI won in one of the most unfortunately hilarious ways possible, copycatting roar with scarf lucario to sweep through Malekith's team after a messy game beforehand. I rate BIHI a little more highly in DPP OU due to his solid building and play, so I'll give him a slight edge here.

ADV OU: Hclat vs robjr - GOBSR is the GOAT and I will hear NO SLANDER of this man.

GSC OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Jirachee - This is a bit of an awkward predict to make in a gen I admittedly don't know much about, but I'll probably favor Jimmy here just because he has a better body of work overall.

RBY OU: Aliss vs Heroic Troller - Troller's been the best RBY player this SPL and there's not many arguments you can make against that claim, not much to say here.

Tiebreak: I think the raiders are just going to double SS again since they don't have a clear advantage anywhere else, and their SS core has two players that have proven themselves to be tiebreak quality. On the other hand, the Sharks also don't have any super clear advantages so I think they're just going to pick RBY and ride troller as far as they can go.

SS OU: 100percentpureheat vs suapah - I decided to slot suapah in SS1 for this prediction just for the sake of predicting a unique matchup here. I don't really have much to say about this matchup that I didn't already say above. Suapah's got the mental toughness and creativity to stand up to whatever shenanigans that 100 may pull to throw him off his game as well as the building and playing ability to bring it home..

SS OU: Gtcha vs mind gaming - I think that the sharks probably put mind gaming in over john unless he has a convincing win against 100 due to how good he's looked all tour. However, I think Gtcha probably notches the win here due to his flexibility and creativity when it comes to what teams he can use. Similarly, think that Gtcha is just the right level of clicker to punish mind's aggressive plays like clicking knock with weavile vs lando and other such moves and that coupled with the aforementioned teambuilding prowess and his support will give him the advantage here.

RBY OU: BIHI vs Troller - Writing out predicts for troller RBY series seems kinda fruitless at this point, the dude is just a machine and there's not much to say lmao.
do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up please, if u think u have the right to hint at someone being ghosted because u stumbled into a handful of wins off objectively awful play week after week go ahead, to this day your biggest acomplishment on this site is annoying every person u interact with

yone

The One.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion

ratio-dragon-ball-z.gif

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up please, if u think u have the right to hint at someone being ghosted because u stumbled into a handful of wins off objectively awful play week after week go ahead, to this day your biggest acomplishment on this site is annoying every person u interact with
Lets be real. He’s not wrong tho. You’re prob ghosted too. You were Le0-7 last year and now ur elite.

75D5BC55-E034-4FB1-BC5D-D168624FB384.jpeg

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Team Raiders (4) vs (6) Stark Sharks

SS OU: TJ vs mind gaming - TJ has looked better than expected but mind gaming has been mindgaming his opponents left and right and seems to be on quite the tear. Germans have some bizarre power to just power up whenever they want and farm. I think both of these players being pretty new to the SPL scene means they're rough around the edges, so it's definitely capable of going either way, but I do think mind is a little more reliable.

SS OU: 100percentpureheat vs bro fist - 100p has been owning, bro fist has sadly not. If there's any time for him to come back and dominate someone it's finals, but you can't go against the recent track record here.

SS OU: Gtcha vs suapah - Neopets buff. I don't think I've ever watched suapah lose a game that mattered. Gtcha is super good though.

SM OU: Punny vs Welli0u - Punny almost fell into the completely outplay -> talk shit -> choke gambit last week, which would've spelled doom for the Raiders if he hadn't already managed to nab a very strong lead. I don't think that type of thing is likely to happen to Well, but I do think Punny's been much more consistent lately. My fav matchup of the week though without a doubt.

ORAS OU: xray vs CrashinBoomBang - Plat tomorrow for sure

BW OU: elodin vs crucify - I think crucify solidifying himself as a strong BW player that can hold his own in a field like this is really cool. elodin has obviously been much more established for years, though from what I can tell this seems to be his best tour in a while. Going solely off record and experience elodin is the favourite here but my gut is just telling me that crucify will load some nasties and take it. Tough call though

DPP OU: BIHI vs DeepBlueC - I don't know enough about DPP to talk about either player but I feel like I just never see BIHI lose

ADV OU: Hclat vs robjr - rob's looked really good in ADV even despite an unfortunate loss to the clock. Hclat in my mind is the cheeser to end all cheesers but from what I know he's also very good at ADV. My gut says rob.

GSC OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Jirachee - Both players have looked a liiiittle bit shaky in GSC, Jimmy has looked a fair bit stronger though. I think there's a very realistic shot Jirachee and TDK concoct some utterly sinful monstrosity that manages to nab the win but in a no nonsense game I think Jimmy has the advantage.

RBY OU: Aliss vs Heroic Troller - Bolding against a friend is always tough but I don't think there's anyone I'd ever bold against Troller. Maybe Nails but Nails is not on the other side of the field. Troller also has better nickname themes. Sorry Alice.

Both teams have been great and would be deserving winners. Go Sharks :D

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Glad to see that an ex tyrant is gonna get a trophy with this final. Best of luck to craig, Troller, TDK, CBB, Sadlysius and elodin. May the best team win.

Was fun managing for so long in this tournament. Maybe I feel unsatisfied by not ever winning, but proud nonetheless of what we achieved with 5 generations of Tyrants. A regular season record throughout 5 years of 29 Wins 9 Losses 4 Ties and +97 BD while reaching playoffs all of them. Transforming a meme franchise into the team to beat 5 years in a row was a sight to see. And it couldn't have been done without the amazing players that I have teamed with.

Shoutouts to Hogg and PDC, my partners in crime throughout these years. You two couldn't be more different lol, but I definitely enjoyed the times together and it was super fun managing together. Thanks for keepin it real.

To the Tyrants constant presences: Christo, Gilbert arenas, blunder, Will of Fire. Youre some of the best friends I've made on this site and I will always cherish these years that we spent chattin together. Thanks for being awesome.

To this year Tyrants. Chin up, you guys did fucking amazing given the circumstances we faced from preseason and on. You're all fantastic players and I dont regret getting any of you. The shenanigans in chat made this year one of the most fun I have been in (probably spent too much time jerking around the chat when I should have been studying lol), thanks for making that happen. Special shoutout to ABR, youre a fucking machine dude, I dont know how you do it but its fucking insane. GOAT bar none.

Also a big shoutout to all ex Tyrants, we might have butted heads in next editions but do know that I enjoyed teaming with each and every one of you! And to the people I antagonized during the tour, it wasn't personal, yall good lmao.

Imma go back to my slumber and finally call it quits with managing, residency is taxing and when I manage in SPL I try to give it my all including all my damn free time which isn't good for my real life aspirations for sure. Please let marcop and PDC or aurella and wof manage the Tyrants in the future kthanksvmuch. If anyone requires medical assistance (looking at you fucking Leo) you can hit me up in DMs but it might take me a decent while to see it lmao. Cya :boi:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)