Smogon Premier League XII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wi-Fi Wolfpack (7) vs Congregation of the Classiest (3)

SS OU: Bloody alfa vs Luthier
SS OU: talah vs lax
SS OU: Tace vs Garay oak
SM OU: Relous vs obii
ORAS OU: Dragon Claw vs London Beats
BW OU: GaryTheGengar vs soulgazer
DPP OU: mael vs Tamahome
ADV OU: Star vs august
GSC OU: ABR vs TDK
RBY OU: Leru vs rozes

Cryonicles (5) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (5)

SS OU: xtra$hine vs John W
SS OU: bro fist vs Eo Ut Mortus
SS OU: umbry vs 100percentpureheat
SM OU: z0mOG vs Sabella
ORAS OU: Sjneider vs CrashinBoomBang
BW OU: Finchinator vs elodin
DPP OU: Malekith vs Christo
ADV OU: roystopror vs Gilbert arenas
GSC OU: TC vs Conflict
RBY OU: Nails vs spies

good luck everyone

Wi-Fi Wolfpack vs Congregation of the Classiest

SS OU: Bloody alfa vs Luthier - Luthier's style is a bit messy at times, but I dont like the "high ceiling/low floor" definition as whole to people that like to take risks for high rewards: Luthier is a great player that has what it takes to succeed on the big stage, and thats all. The way he translated his knowledge as a mainer from LC to OU just reflects the reason that made people think he was the #1 LC player at some point, and how versatile he can be as player as well, which is one of the main things I value in anyone. Bloody is a bit misplay prone I feel, but I cant say he has no SPICE at all. His team choice should be prob better at least.
SS OU: talah vs lax - This one is a tricky call as I feel like lax is the clear better player, and every time I think about talah, I remember of that one snake game in which he literally threw the easiest win of his entire life. Either way, he improved a lot since then and has showed greatness in-game throughout this SPL, and is prob at his peak in general. I bet on him atm.
SS OU: Tace vs Garay oak - I value both about equally, but considering how streaky Garay is and that hes at one right now, I give him the edge atm. Not much to say otherwise, this game will prob be a luck show LMAO.
SM OU: Relous vs obii - Relous impressed me this season: not anyone (myself included) hasnt believed on his abilities in the recent memory, mainly due his poor performances since his debut, full of misplays/chokes and predictable team choices. But now he seems to have ascended and is finally showing what hes here for and became a very surgical player as whole, while ABR/Tony might have something to do with his better team choices too. Also, I love obii but hes always gonna lose until he proves us wrong LOOOL.
ORAS OU: Dragon Claw vs London Beats - Erz had a slow start, but i personally rank his ORAS knowledge very high. His record has contributed enough considering his price, but hes that kind that would beat anyone at any given day in ORAS, so depending on how he does in playoffs, i believe he will be able to clam his place as one of the main steals the wolfpack was able to take. LB has won some games, and iirc his latest game was well played in general, but other than that hes kind of emotional and misplay/choke prone, so im curious about how he will perform now. As player he has shown that he has what it takes to win, at the very least.

Cryonicles vs Dragonspiral Tyrants

SS OU: xtra$hine vs John W - Better player, better general knowledge, better recent performances, etc. Not a lot to say at all, I like xtra as player but John is just good (and better to me right now).
SS OU: bro fist vs Eo Ut Mortus - Ok bros, the spotlight is here. I respect both a lot, and while John is struggling to find himself in the recent SS as whole, I still believe hes among the best in the SPL pool, specially considering his performances in-game and the fact that he almost never misplays (none of the two does anyway, which is why im excited for this one). That being said, hes clearly having an uphill climb when it comes to the builder, and thats surely the reason hes negative atm. Talking about Eo, I think hes about as good as John, but we all know how well he adapted to SS since the very start. Potent showings in both team and individual tours reflect it, and unlike John his team choices are always great, so at this point Eo should take this one.
SS OU: umbry vs 100percentpureheat - I didnt get why 100p was so pricey at first, but hes surely living up the tyrants expectations. The thing i like the most about him is that hes very similar to Ima in many things, which is great for such a new player. Umbry is also very very good and i could see they bringing up the rings on this one, but i cant say 100p is not favoured based on what he has shown till now in games and team choices.
SM OU: z0mOG vs Sabella - z0m is another one that ascended in this SPL, last year his great record was a bit questionable considering the amount of luck he had game after game, but for this SPL he has played very well and could even have a better record if he sit in just a single gen during the whole tour, specially if it was SM. Sab is positive and is playing well again after some shaky performances, even winning in the last time they faced. I wont be surprised if he pulls up a dejavu here since i believe on his ability, im just a bit more impressed with z0m.
ORAS OU: Sjneider vs CrashinBoomBang - The current best ORAS players facing each other is very fitting as a semis matchup. Sjneider is A BIT misplay prone, as seen by that one game in which he brought malt offense and messed up very bad the good matchup he had, but i rank him high for some time now. CBB is a great mind that promised me some cool techs he saved for playoffs, and is a bit closer to me as well, which makes me believe a bit more on him. Excited for this one anyway.

Last edited:

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
1615902615108.png

7 SPLs, 3 Snakes, 0 Play Offs.

Anyway, was fun Sharks, we had a very high ceiling team and I wish we coulda done it. You were all very pleasant teammates and sry for being a little difficult this season. Maybe next time!!

Rooting for the Cryos now, lgi :D

Last edited:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
sh*ke (banned user) and i have agreed on a second bet for the playoffs. if cryos or classiest win, i win the bet. if tyrants or the abrs win i will lose. as such, i now hate all of my good friends on those other teams. good riddance bitches (gl to big day, zom, finch and co. as well as big obii and tdk and even august despite his personality)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)