Smogon Premier League XI - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSC OU: KratosMana vs. dice

I'm really looking forward to this one. Both players have their hand on the meta's pulse and have been consistently bringing appropriately creative, effective teams while playing well. This will make for a a tightly contested battle with some interesting sets abound - doesn't get much better than that. I think they're almost evenly matched, but I'm compelled to give Anti the edge because he's consistently felt slightly more in command.

SS OU: bro fist vs. blunder

This makes me want to watch SS! What a highlight. Maybe I'll even record it. Can't assess anything about their playing/teams but hope for a monstrous slugfest with some real out-there Pokes/sets

ORAS OU: Erzengel vs. CrashinBoomBang

Erz played a very gritty game last week and his team was an interesting, effective supporting cast for the semi-forgotten Mega Medicham. cbb's really locked into his dangerous hyperoffensive style, and even when he brings Clefable he plays aggressively with it, to great effect at that. I have cbb slightly favored because I can see him overwhelming Erz's more balanced style, but I'm also very interested to see how Erz comes prepared to combat this.

DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs. Heist

Both players have been bringing focused, synergistic, well-built teams that play to their strengths and preferences - DBC with his hard-hitting offenses and Heist with his aggressively-played balances. DBC has repeatedly demonstrated an aptitude for absolutely crushing defensive teams, but Heist is mixing his style up, making it hard to gauge and zero in on certain specifics, which DBC traditionally excels at. Heist's generally been in the zone in every way, so I give him a slight edge. Very excited to watch this one, the clash of styles is really intriguing.

ADV OU: Blightbringer vs. Marcop

M Dragon keeps giving Blight these really weak, passive teams that give very little room to play to win and are constantly on the back foot. I think Marcop will overwhelm such a team with ease - last week was absolutely inspired, both team- and play-wise. Hopefully MDrag will mix it up and give Blight a team that lets him play the game - if it does, this will be tightly contested, because Blight is excellent at doing so. However, if he doesn't have the tools to strike back, Marcop's relentless offensive powerhouses are likely to run away with a nearly uncontested win.

GSC OU: Conflict vs. gorgie

negres could be heard weeping in the distance...

Zokuru

The Stall Lord
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm not playing on short notice because you're a doof, pick a start time Saturday afternoon (before 7pm EST) or Sunday evening (after 4pm EDT) then.

If you've no objections, I say 5pm Sunday.
Your time's good for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)