Smogon Premier League XI - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Welcome to the eleventh iteration of SPL, SPL XI. In this tournament, 10 teams containing the best players on Smogon (and starry) play against each other and duke it out every week, attempting to gather as many wins as they can to reach playoffs. Some of them will fail, while others will bloom. Whatever the case, the matches will be exciting, so without further ado, here are tournament rules and the matchups!

Tournaments Rules and General Guidelines

Matchups

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (8) vs (4) Cryonicles

SS OU: Star vs Sacri'
SS OU: The Hallows vs Updated Kanto
SS OU: 1 True Lycan vs soulgazer
SS DOU: SMB vs Tman
SS LC: Jytcampbell vs ggggd
SM OU: Welli0u vs Eo Ut Mortus
ORAS OU: Sjneider vs Garay oak
BW OU: Pearl vs Finchinator
DPP OU: BIHI vs shawyu 1313
ADV OU: BKC vs z0mOG
GSC OU: sulcata vs Mr.E
RBY OU: rozes vs HML am

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs (6) Stark Sharks

SS OU: FLCL vs teal6
SS OU: Empo vs bro fist
SS OU: Twixtry vs xray
SS DOU: qsns vs Kiichikos
SS LC: jake vs EviGaro
SM OU: Gondra vs frisoeva
ORAS OU: xImRaptor vs Erzengel
BW OU: Askov vs SoulWind
DPP OU: Emeral vs DeepBlueC
ADV OU: Alexander. vs Blightbringer
GSC OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Conflict
RBY OU: ErPeris vs Genesis7

Congregation of the Classiest (8) vs (4) Ever Grande BIGS

SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Sabella
SS OU: suapah vs Sage
SS OU: Insult vs Mannat
SS DOU: stax vs Ezrael
SS LC: Serene Grace vs idiotfrommars
SM OU: false vs ima
ORAS OU: Persephone vs Santu
BW OU: Raiza vs Frania
DPP OU: Excal vs GaryTheGengar
ADV OU: Tamahome vs CALLOUS
GSC OU: KratosMana vs aim
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Nails

Circus Maximus Tigers (2) vs (10) Team Raiders

SS OU: McMeghan vs Lunar.
SS OU: Steve Angello vs Lusa
SS OU: Kebab mlml vs Vulpix03
SS DOU: robjr vs kaori
SS LC: Osh vs LilyAC
SM OU: Tace vs Lycans
ORAS OU: Luigi vs reiku
BW OU: MajorBowman vs Posho
DPP OU: Raichy vs ToF
ADV OU: Eeveeto vs pasy_g
GSC OU: Zokuru vs dice
RBY OU: Kaz vs MetalGro$$

Indie Scooters (1) vs (10) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SS OU: Leo vs TDK
SS OU: starry blanket vs Christo
SS OU: Quaze vs blunder
SS DOU: talkingtree vs marilli
SS LC: tazz vs Luthier
SM OU: Lopunny Kicks vs CTC
ORAS OU: Adri vs CrashinBoomBang
BW OU: zf vs John W
DPP OU: Kevin Garrett vs The Grand Babido
ADV OU: CyberOdin vs Gilbert arenas
GSC OU: Fear vs gorgie
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Heroic Troller

Deadline March 1st, 9 PM EST

Last edited by a moderator:
Wi-Fi Wolfpack (5) vs (7) Cryonicles

Congregation of the Classiest (6) vs (6) Ever Grande BIGS

SS OU: Insult vs xtra$hine
GSC OU: KratosMana vs Diophantine

Circus Maximus Tigers (5) vs (7) Team Raiders

SS OU: McMeghan vs Simia
SM OU: Tace vs Trosko

Indie Scooters (4) vs (8) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SS OU: Quaze vs blunder
SS LC: tazz vs Luthier
ORAS OU: Adri vs CrashinBoomBang
DPP OU: Kevin Garrett vs The Grand Babido
ADV OU: CyberOdin vs Gilbert arenas
GSC OU: Fear vs gorgie
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Heroic Troller

John W

Banned deucer.
Wi-Fi Wolfpack (7) vs (5) Cryonicles

Congregation of the Classiest (9) vs (3) Ever Grande BIGS

GSC OU: KratosMana vs Diophantine

Circus Maximus Tigers (5) vs (7) Team Raiders

SS OU: McMeghan vs Simia
SM OU: Tace vs Trosko

Alpha Ruiners (5) vs (7) Stark Sharks

SS DOU: qsns vs Kilchikos
SS LC: jake vs EviGaro
SM OU: Gondra vs frisoeva
ORAS OU: xImRaptor vs Erzengel
BW OU: Caetano93 vs Soulwind
ADV OU: Alexander vs Blightbringer
GSC OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Conflict
RBY OU: ErPeris vs Genesis7

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
SS OU: FLCL vs teal6 - Can you both win? uwu
SS OU: Empo vs bro fist - Refer to Shake's prediction for this one.
SS OU: Twixtry vs xray - The xray scan results came back from the lab. I diagnose you with a L, Twixtry.
SS LC: jake vs EviGaro - Evi started 3-0, then called Kobe a rapist the day he died and has been losing every games she played since. Bad Looks.
BW OU: Caetano93 vs SoulWind - Dorja
DPP OU: Emeral vs DeepBlueC - Ruiners's DPP is unviable.

SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Sabella - :Haha:
SS OU: suapah vs Sage - Unlike Nat, Sage has transitioned quite well to SS OU. Slay sis!
SS OU: Insult vs xtra$hine - I believe in you.
DPP OU: Excal vs GaryTheGengar - Expose him.

SS OU: McMeghan vs Simia - I expect some nice gouda from you.
SS OU: Steve Angello vs Lusa - Always seems to pick and choose between a list of ten pokemon to build his teams... and it works?
SS OU: Kebab mlml vs Vulpix03 - Whoever clicks less wins.
DPP OU: Raichy vs ToF - I saw Raichy keep a slow Jirachi in vs Heatran on Turn 1, so I bold his opponent.

SS OU: Leo vs TDK - I was told that Leo is a Finchinator slave, which I am not a fan of.
SS OU: starry blanket vs Christo - I do not want to anger Christo.
SS OU: Quaze vs blunder - All I know about Quaze is that he brought some of the worst ORAS teams this tournament and I do not look forward to what he will bring for this game. Blunder being negative is also stupid and needs to change. #VoD
DPP OU: Kevin Garrett vs The Grand Babido - Shawyu didn't play optimally and got throttled by Scizor in 2020... Meanwhile Bab was quite in control last week and showed up with nice sets such as Trick Black Sludge Gengar. Never been a fan of the crusts' takes on DPP so I am going with the oceania goat.
GSC OU: Fear vs gorgie - Unlike Shake, I fully embrace Fear and his amazing relationship with lady luck. Most if not everybody that has went on a long killstreak tend to have had luck on their side on their journey, but you never heard Shake complain about everybody else that came before Foat. Furthermore, his grasp on modern GSC is great and I would love to see him go 9-0.

Last edited:
DPP OU: Emeral vs. DeepBlueC

This will be a solid game. Emeral brought a great team and played really well last week, but DBC looked absolutely red-hot on both fronts, so the scales tip his way slightly.

DPP OU: Kevin Garrett vs. Heist

Shades of 2011 in this one. KG pulled out a tough win last week, showing grit similar to his performance in Uncut Gems, but his teams have been noticeably less cohesive and solid than Heist's, who's really found his zone again.

Personal highlight:
SS DOU: robjr vs. kaori - sam eat robsr :angery:

YAHALLO AND WELCOME BACK TO THE UNBIASED PREDICTIONS

Lessons learned in Week 7:

1. The Scooters join the Tigers on the elimination list. Rest in peace.
2. The BIGs are still alive!?! LOOL Against all expectations, the BIGs managed to take down the Ruiners, and still have a shot at the playoffs. Their BD is still absurdly bad, though, so they're really gonna need the stars to align. But hey, it's better than being eliminated.
3. Speaking of the Ruiners, there may just be some trouble in paradise. The team everyone penciled in as a lock for the playoffs following a rocket start has dropped two weeks in a row. They face a tough Sharks team this week, before ending the tour against the Scooters. If they lose this week, things really might get pretty dire. They've had a lot of people overperform up to this point, so can the team maintain that level for the rest of the tour? It remains to be seen.
4. Speaking of dire, the Wolfpack season is on the verge of being over. They lost last week, and now face off against one of the best teams in the tournament with their season on the line. So many members of that squad are struggling, and they basically start 0-2 every week due to their pitiful LC and GSC slots. Things really might be a wrap for Tony and ABR.
5. Remember when the Tyrants were struggling? LOL They're back in 2nd with 9 points, and look every bit like the pre-season favorites the community thought they would be. They easily have the talent to take this tournament, and I think they're basically co-favorites with the Cryonicles right now. They're going to need TDK, blunder, and CBB to stop fucking around and grab some more wins, though.
6. THE RAIDERS REALLY MIGHT DO IT LOOOL Despite Earthworm, Posho, and Lycans combining for a 1-12 record at 38k, the team is in prime playoff position due to some ridiculous performances from their cheap OU core as well as some lucky bounces in the variance tiers. They can farm the Tigers this week, and that will put them at 10 points. Crazy.

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (4) vs (5) Cryonicles

SS OU: Star vs Sacri' | no read here, honestly. both are pretty fire bop
SS OU: The Hallows vs Updated Kanto | the kanto bandwagon has gone off the rails the past few weeks...SURELY, this is the week this man gets back in the win column LOOL the hallows hasn't really been unimpressive; I feel like he's one of the players bordering on the edge of viability.
SS OU: 1 True Lycan vs soulgazer | both have exceeded expectations. The Baron is slightly more proven in OU as a whole, though. small edge
SS LC: Jytcampbell vs ggggd | surprise, surprise. After one week, the Wolfpack armada was ready to crown Jyt as their new LC savior. I suppose sitting through HT's games for 5 weeks can make your expectations so low that even an unviable player look like a God. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I hate to break it to you, but Jyt is NOT the answer. massive edge.
SM OU: Welli0u vs Eo Ut Mortus | Eo's pretty fire, but it's hard to bold him against someone who's been on such an insane streak in this tier since the start of last Snake, especially when he hasn't been having his best tour.
ORAS OU: Sjneider vs Garay oak | When a matchup is close in ORAS, bold the guy with ABR support.
BW OU: Pearl vs Finchinator | Pearl was always going to be an overpay, but he's looked pretty bad this tour. He hasn't played too terribly in most of his games, from what I've seen, but he just can't seem to bring home the wins this time around. Finch, meanwhile, has been excelling, and I would have favored him in this matchup before the tour as well.
DPP OU: BIHI vs shawyu 1313 | probably equal skill, honestly. BKC vs. osgoode...coinflip it.
ADV OU: BKC vs z0mOG | z0m's record is definitely inflated by luck, but I still think he's a relatively solid player. BKC's been otherworldly, though, and I doubt he's gonna drop this game.
GSC OU: sulcata vs Mr.E | sulcata has looked like one of the worst players in the tournament LOL man loses every week. mre's been serviceable, so have to take him here.
RBY OU: rozes vs HML am | this random dude is positive so I guess there's that. miniscule edge in the meme tier.

Alpha Ruiners (5) vs (5) Stark Sharks

SS OU: FLCL vs teal6 | teal's cooled off a bit after a crazy hot start, while FLCL has been rolling for most of the tour. small edge.
SS OU: Empo vs bro fist | finally, Empo's up against a REAL PLAYER LOL I call him overrated every week, but can never bold against him because he always ends up playing clowns. Solid edge for John.
SS OU: Twixtry vs xray | xray's record definitely should not be 6-1 LOOL but, he's more proven and has had still had an otherwise decent tour, even without the luck. small edge
SS LC: jake vs EviGaro | Well, as the Jerk discovered yesterday, EviGaro has gone winless since she made her infamous derogatory comment about Kobe Bryant. She's looked pretty bad the past four weeks, and it's fair to wonder if she'll win another game this tournament, at this rate. zeb's been pretty decent, and hasn't looked terrible lately; he's also more proven here.
SM OU: Gondra vs frisoeva | GOATDRA turned back into WOATDRA last week, playing one of the worst endgames you'll see in a while. My lord, it's like he got ghosted by Snow or something. That being said, he's still been a menace this tour. frisoeva has actually surprised me this tour, and has had some nice performances en route to a positive record. Gondra's been better, though, and is way more proven. solid edge
ORAS OU: xImRaptor vs Erzengel | raptor's been a bit better and is also a hair more proven because of his Snake performance. miniscule edge
BW OU: Caetano93 vs SoulWind | If the Sharks want any chance of making the playoffs, Borja is going to have to go undefeated. And well, he really might do it LOL The doctor's been relatively impressive, but come on people.
DPP OU: Emeral vs DeepBlueC | DBC has struggled a bit, and I never drank the kool-aid regarding his talent either, so it's hard to bold him. I still have no idea who the hell Emeral is, and he's 1-1 this tour sooo.......coinflip
ADV OU: Alexander. vs Blightbringer | Blight hasn't been too bad this tour, but he was pretty clearly an overpay. I've always been a fan of Prinz, and think he's definitely more skilled.
GSC OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Conflict | man.........LOOOOOOOL I really need to stop bolding conflict omg but i can't LOL FOMG has been decent, but I was never super high on him. Conflict's struggled A LOT, but I still have respect for his GSC talent. I think he can take this one. small edge.
RBY OU: ErPeris vs Genesis7 | erperis is currently winless so LOL he really might be unviable in RBY. Small edge.

Congregation of the Classiest (7) vs (5) Ever Grande BIGS

SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Sabella | bolding blargh has become a bit too routine now, honestly. Sabella hasn't been too good this tour so. small edge.
SS OU: suapah vs Sage | Sage has defied expectations, but I'm not gonna sit here and call her viable just yet. suapah's been one of the best players this tournament, and has gone 5-2 against a ridiculously tough schedule. big edge
SS OU: Insult vs xtra$hine | There's really no evidence that xtra is viable on the big stage so. Insult's been decent.
SS DOU: stax vs Ezrael | stax has popped the fuck off this tour, but.......YOU KNOW THE DRILL.
SS LC: Serene Grace vs idiotfrommars | serene's been decent, and I'm not fully convinced about HODOR's viability as an LC player in 2020 just yet.
SM OU: false vs ima | LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ALKS;KF'ASFKASLFK YES LMAO FALSE IS BACK IN BROS!!! Well, you know the drill here too. ima's definitely overrated, but come on people. big edge
ORAS OU: Persephone vs Santu | persephone really hasn't looked too impressive this tour, while Santu has somehow gone on a crazy tear and kept the BIGs alive. solid edge
BW OU: Raiza vs Frania | Bolding a 1-6 player is scary, but Raiza should probably be around 3-4 or something. I'm still not convinced this frania dude is viable; he's still pretty unproven. small edge
DPP OU: Excal vs GaryTheGengar | GTG is a bit more proven here. small edge
ADV OU: Tamahome vs CALLOUS | Tama's an ADV legend, while Callous is extremely unproven on the big stage. big edge
GSC OU: KratosMana vs Diophantine | BIGs GSC is currently 0-7, and there's a real shot they go 0-9. This random dude is so bad that it took 8 weeks for the BIGs to put him in the lineup. This isn't the greatest look, honestly. Anti's been more and more impressive as the tour has gone on.
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Nails | nails has been a hair better I suppose. miniscule edge.

Circus Maximus Tigers (3) vs (8) Team Raiders

SS OU: McMeghan vs Simia | Simia has exceeded expectations, but come on. It's Simia vs one of the best players ever lol.
SS OU: Steve Angello vs Lusa | Speaking of exceeding expectations, vai lusa has popped off this tour. I haven't watched a lot of his games, but I think he could actually be 6-1 if SG didn't luck him. Tim hasn't had his greatest performance this tour so.
SS OU: Kebab mlml vs Vulpix03 | no idea if either of these people are viable, and both are extremely unproven. coinflip it
SS DOU: robjr vs kaori | ??? LOL I mean, I have to bold the Doubles player in this one.
SS LC: Osh vs LilyAC | both have had decent tours, but I think Osh is definitely a better player.
SM OU: Tace vs Trosko | The GODSKO bandwagon hit a snag last week, but it's fine. I'm still a massive believer in him. Easy bold.
ORAS OU: Luigi vs reiku | reiku has been up and down, but goat ass Luigi proving that he was easily one of the steals of the tournament.
BW OU: MajorBowman vs Posho | LOOOOOOOL BRO THE TIGERS THREW DOWN THE GAUNTLET LMAO You guys really couldn't have just put Roro in against Posho and let him lose gracefully with 0 expectations? LOOL This man can't buy a win to save his life, and now he has to go up against a Doubles main omg. If he loses this man.......the posho bandwagon will go from sinking to the depths of the ocean to just straight up exploding. my lord.
DPP OU: Raichy vs ToF | tof's been pretty lucky, but he's also way more proven. no idea if raichy is viable yet.
ADV OU: Eeveeto vs pasy_g | pasy's been decent. Eeveeto most certainly isn't a viable ADV player.
GSC OU: Zokuru vs dice | Felt wrong to bold against dice last week, and ofc he won. This game's actually pretty interesting. Zokuru has been a GSC menace this tour, and he could definitely take this. You all know I'm a huge dice fan, though, so gonna trust his raw talent in this one.
RBY OU: Kaz vs MetalGro$$ | metal's been better. miniscule edge.

Indie Scooters (4) vs (7) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SS OU: Leo vs TDK | TDK has fallen off after a good start, and he currently sits at an even record. This isn't really a good sign, considering how much he's struggled the past few tours. This is a great bounceback spot, though, as Leo is probably unviable.
SS OU: starry blanket vs Christo | After bolding Christo in pretty much every lower tier game ever, I had no choice but to hop off the GOD CHRISTO bandwagon following his forced tier change and his pretty disastrous Week 1 performance. He's been pretty heat since, though. While I still have way more faith in him in UU, he's definitely shown that he's solid enough to win in this tier. While I still need to see a lot more to consider bolding him against real OU players, he's definitely done enough to be favored against starry lol. There's no evidence that starry's viable at all, and the fact that he was essentially traded FOR FREE doesn't really bode well for his future success.
SS OU: Quaze vs blunder | quaze finally sees the light of day after some poor showings early on. blunder's way better.
SS LC: tazz vs Luthier | tazz has looked like an abject disaster this tour, going 1-6 and making all the pre-Snake hype look pretty foolish. Luthier's been rolling lately. big edge
SM OU: Lopunny Kicks vs CTC | if there's a weakness on the Tyrants, it really might be this slot. I'll always be a fan of the basedlord, but he needs to step up his game up, as well as, you know, actually SHOW UP for his games. Lop Kicks has been decent lately.
ORAS OU: Adri vs CrashinBoomBang | Still no idea if Adri is viable, so. Big edge for CBB.
BW OU: zf vs John W | john W is actually positive now after some early-season struggles. zf has also turned this tour around, though. He's more proven, and while I definitely think he was overrated going into this tour, I think he's a better player. Decent edge.
DPP OU: Kevin Garrett vs The Grand Babido | Without question, this is the HL of the week LOL oh my lord. Bab's been solid enough, and he's definitely looked a bit less crusty than 2020 KG...considering his peak was also higher than that of KG, it's hard to bold the former TD in this one. That being said, it is the thinking gen, so anything's possible. small edge
ADV OU: CyberOdin vs Gilbert arenas | marcop's been decent, but odin's been crazy good this tour. I thought Odin was a steal from the beginning, and he's even exceeded my expectations.
GSC OU: Fear vs gorgie | Ah, yes. The Fear game LOL With neutral luck, Fear takes this one. With the luck that he's inevitably going to get, he's going to 6-0, honestly LOL floppy has definitely been one of the surprises of the tour. He's really surprised me; I thought he was going to be completely unviable, but he currently sports a 5-2 record. That being said, he's still not as good as Fear.
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Heroic Troller | Troller's the best RBYer bop. small edge, I suppose.

Last edited:
Wi-Fi Wolfpack (6) vs (5) Cryonicles

SS OU: Star vs Sacri' wow this is actually an insane game and the highlight of the week no doubt, im a truly believer of both but i've been sacri's fan n1 since day 1 and i cant let him down here 50/50 matchup anyway
SS OU: The Hallows vs Updated Kanto i like hallows as a player and i think hes pretty legit but i have to bold my boy kanto whos probs gonna show us some innovation on ss and not going with boring cm clef shit to auto win without using the brain, good game as well to watch
SS OU: 1 True Lycan vs soulgazer oh my fucking god, all three ss games on this series are insane LOL, bolding lycan cuz hes been really impressive and good, soulgazer is a cheese master so he can win vs anyone
SS DOU: SMB vs Tman w.e
SS LC: Jytcampbell vs ggggd i knew pablo was a really good player, even going undefeated u have to be as well a clutch player for your team if they need u and he did it last week, hes def the best on his pool and he showed it
SM OU: Welli0u vs Eo Ut Mortus well i dont think eo is that insane in sm and well is prob the best after trosko on this pool
ORAS OU: Sjneider vs Garay Oak I like both tbh, I think Sjneider is more creative but i think i still prefer garays gameplay matchup is so even for me
BW OU: Pearl vs Finchinator im a pearl believer but finch is playing so good this tournament, no way i dont bold him against anyplayer who is not soulwind
DPP OU: BIHI vs shawyu 1313 dunno who is the other guy
ADV OU: BKC vs z0mOG well, i cant predict against the best ever, sorry z0m u know ure really good
GSC OU: sulcata vs Mr.E w.e
RBY OU: rozes vs HML am i think hes better? idk rby is so dumb

Alpha Ruiners (5) vs (7) Stark Sharks

SS OU: FLCL vs teal6 teal is good but i think fooly is better rn
SS OU: Empo vs bro fist maybe empo can bring some gimmick to beat john idk, hes just the better player here
SS OU: Twixtry vs xray xray is going insane this spl, good teams, good plays noy way im not bolding him, twixtry believer anyway tho
SS DOU: qsns vs Kiichikos well im actually predicting a doubles game cuz sharks are 0-7 LOL
SS LC: jake vs EviGaro being zeb obviously better I saw how evigaro acted like such a dickhead with lily last week so yeah i hope u lose every game u play
SM OU: Gondra vs frisoeva frisoeva played perfectly last week but Gondra is being too much this tour
ORAS OU: xImRaptor vs Erzengel raptor feeling a bit coinflip lately, erz played p good against me until he scalded my zone instead of slack off and he could have win, hes the better player on my eyes
BW OU: Caetano93 vs SoulWind 9-0 is coming baby if we reach playoffs i fucking play bw to give u a loss
DPP OU: Emeral vs DeepBlueC nicely played against tof last week clutching for sharks, dunno who emeral is so yeah
ADV OU: Alexander. vs Blightbringer i just think hes the best player here
GSC OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Conflict well, losing to dice is not an argument to not bold daddyflict
RBY OU: ErPeris vs Genesis7 ah yes the penis is back on the scene

Congregation of the Classiest (9) vs (3) Ever Grande BIGS

SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Sabella blargh is good enough to take this one even hes a dick talking in lobby while playing like wtf
SS OU: suapah vs Sage both playing good this tournament, suapah is better tho
SS OU: Insult vs xtra$hine Insult is really good and cmon xtra in 2020 his team last week was pure trash it wasnt even a cool one
SS DOU: stax vs Ezrael bolding 2 fake-vgc games this week cuz this guy is 7-0 i guess
SS LC: Serene Grace vs idiotfrommars ifm is actually competent at LC like LOL but serenes grace is good enuf to take this
SM OU: false vs ima hm, i think is an even matchup, coinflipping it, both are competent enough to win
ORAS OU: Persephone vs Santu i like persephone teams but i think he needs more confident on himself to be good enough to win vs big opponents, santu is being really good this tournament
BW OU: Raiza vs Frania well idk
DPP OU: Excal vs GaryTheGengar dunno
ADV OU: Tamahome vs CALLOUS tama is obviously better
GSC OU: KratosMana vs Diophantine antis fire tbh
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Nails really nice clutch last week by nails

Indie Scooters (3) vs (8) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SS OU: Leo vs TDK well hes better i guess
SS OU: starry blanket vs Christo christo is being insane this tour i think his knowledge of ss metagame is high af and his plays are on point
SS OU: Quaze vs blunder well yeah hes way better lol
SS DOU: talkingtree vs marilli im not gonna predict this one but jesus this guy nickname is kebab one level wtf
SS LC: tazz vs Luthier hes being better on my eyes on the tournament
SM OU: Lopunny Kicks vs CTC im bolding the basedlord no matter what
ORAS OU: Adri vs CrashinBoomBang cbb is back on the tour with some good perfomances and good teams
BW OU: zf vs John W hes playing really good lately not gonna lie
DPP OU: Kevin Garrett vs The Grand Babido bro is so insane how kg is smashing everyone like lmao unreal
ADV OU: CyberOdin vs Gilbert arenas besides marcop is one of the best advers in the tour, odins perfomances are being insane, cant really not going with the 6-1 record here
GSC OU: Fear vs gorgie bro im so sad scooters are out cuz shakes predicts on fear games are really funny like jesus i just fucking cry irl reading it
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Heroic Troller hes def better

have fun tigers, love steve

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hello, all! I'm finally back with some predicts! Sorry I took a couple of weeks off; I've unfortunately been really sick with some virus/cold. That being said, with SPL playoffs around the corner, these are exciting times! Here's to some awesome matches this week. :)

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (7) vs (5) Cryonicles

SS OU: The Hallows vs Updated Kanto~~I'm a fan of Updated Kanto's in SS OU, and I think their good form will continue. :)
SS OU: 1 True Lycan vs soulgazer~~1 True Lycan is actually 4-1 this season, so that's pretty impressive. Picking them to win here.
SS LC: Jytcampbell vs ggggd~~Pablo is just too good in LC this SPL. He is on his way to an undefeated regular season, and it is very impressive.
BW OU: Pearl vs Finchinator~~Finch has been one of the best BWers this SPL, and that's so impressive considering the incredibly tough field! Having him in that slot going into playoffs will help out the Cryonicles a lot I'm sure.
DPP OU: BIHI vs shawyu 1313~~BIHI's a quality player. :)
ADV OU: BKC vs z0mOG~~My highlight match of the week. :) BKC and z0mOG have both had outstanding SPL seasons. BKC of course may be the all-time best, and z0mOG I think has had one of the best individual performances this SPL! I highlight the ADV OU part of this as well because I think that the tier and greater SPL really wins from such a great match as this. :)
GSC OU: sulcata vs Mr.E~~Really close one. Both are good GSCers. I'm giving the edge to sulcata here because I've been impressed with their good play and builds they've brought recently.
RBY OU: rozes vs HML am~~Another exciting match! :) rozes and HML am are both quality RBYers, and I think this has the makings to be a tightly contested match.

Alpha Ruiners (5) vs (7) Stark Sharks--Huge match! I honestly would really like both the Ruiners and Sharks to make playoffs. I think that would make for a really exciting and intriguing playoffs in SPL.

SS LC: jake vs EviGaro~~Another really high quality match! jake and EviGaro are both very quality LCers, and I'm very excited to see what results from this battle! This will be especially important since this match between the Ruiners and Sharks will be really tight I'm sure, and its implications for getting into playoffs are obviously significant.
SM OU: Gondra vs frisoeva~~Gondra has impressed me so much this season. I thought they would do well this SPL, but I know a lot of people had their doubts. Glad to see they're excelling so much. :)
ORAS OU: xImRaptor vs Erzengel~~Both of these players are talented and more than capable in ORAS OU, and I don't think there will be much between them here.
BW OU: Caetano93 vs SoulWind~~SOULWIND is just astoundingly good in BW OU. I don't think there are too many players around who just instill in you as much confidence in their ability to win in this tier. They just always or almost always seem to find a way to win, and it's amazing to witness. Backs to the wall, it sure is nice to have a player like SOULWIND to count on for a win. That being said, Caetano93 is also a quality player, and upsets do happen! I don't think it will this week, but anything's possible.
ADV OU: Alexander. vs Blightbringer~~Should be a nice, high-quality here. :)
GSC OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Conflict~~I'm very excited for this match. FOMG is a great player and I admire him a lot, but then Conflict is also super good at GSC OU! I expect this will be a really entertaining, high-quality match, and I can't wait to watch it.
RBY OU: ErPeris vs Genesis7~~I'm a fan of Gensis7 in RBY. :) Solid all-around. ErPeris is good as well, and RBY of course can fluctuate dramatically, so as almost always, we'll see, but I think Genesis7 has this one.

Congregation of the Classiest (6) vs (6) Ever Grande BIGS

SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Sabella~~Very excited for this match. :) Sabella and Blargh are great, and I think this will be a tight, high-quality battle we get to watch.
SS DOU: stax vs Ezrael~~It's hard to choose against any player who hasn't lost yet this far into SPL, so I won't break from that here! Ezrael has also used some pretty cool DOU teams so far.
SS LC: Serene Grace vs idiotfrommars~~I'm more used to seeing idiotfrommars play in GSC OU, but will be interesting to see how they continue to fare in LC!
DPP OU: Excal vs GaryTheGengar~~Go Excal! :)
ADV OU: Tamahome vs CALLOUS~~This should be a great match. Both are quality players, and experienced ADV OUers. I honestly am not really sure, but I just have a feeling about CALLOUS after seeing their win last week. Overall just looking forward to a quality match. :)
GSC OU: KratosMana vs Diophantine~~This should be sweeet. Dio and KratosMana are both very quality players, and I would not be surprised at all to see this be a well-fought and tight battle!

Circus Maximus Tigers (3) vs (9) Team Raiders--Truly amazing that the Raiders--widely considered at the start of the season a team that many would cheer for but had little chance of making playoffs--are possibly on the verge of making playoffs. I think that's something to applaud, and kudos to the Raiders for putting the naysayers' remarks aside and just going to work to try and win the tournament.

SS OU: McMeghan vs Simia~~Not super sure what to expect from McMeghan in SS OU, but he's one of the GOATs for sure, sooo, probably will fare well I'd think. :blobshrug:
SS OU: Steve Angello vs Lusa~~I'll be curious to see how this turns out! Steve Angello has had a bit of an up and down season, but to be fair, the BW OU group in SPL this year has been amazing, and so sporting an okay record in that tier is alright.
SS DOU: robjr vs kaori~~Kaori is a good DOU player, and I think they'll continue to do well. :)
SS LC: Osh vs LilyAC~~Lily has been close in a few recent LC battles this SPL, and I think they will get there this week! Especially with the pressure on the Raiders now to make playoffs, I think they'll get over the hump and
SM OU: Tace vs Trosko~~Trosko has been in impressive form this SPL. Hopefully that will continue to help the Raiders
ORAS OU: Luigi vs reiku~~Despite the Tigers being out of it, Luigi is still one of the best ORAS OUers around.
BW OU: MajorBowman vs Posho~~I'm excited for this match. :) I don't know if I've seen MajorBowman play BW OU before, but it's cool seeing the Tigers switch up their line-up since they're out of playoff contention now.
DPP OU: Raichy vs ToF~~ToF has been looking solid in DPP OU recently. I wouldn't pick against them often in DPP OU, and this is no exception to that.
GSC OU: Zokuru vs dice~~Still think it's really cool when players switch tiers partway through SPL. Certainly impressive, and dice has looked strong in GSC OU so far.
RBY OU: Kaz vs MetalGro$$~~MetalGro$$ is sporting a very solid record in RBY OU this SPL, and I think their success will continue! Kaz is a respectable player, and anything can happen in RBY, so this could be close, but I think with MetalGro$$'s success throughout this SPL, this one will be a win for them.

Indie Scooters (4) vs (8) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SS OU: Quaze vs blunder~~Blunder is still one of the best SS OUers around. He'll finish off SPL with a good record.
SS DOU: talkingtree vs marilli~~I don't know about a lot of people, but I've really enjoyed watching so many of these DOU battles during SPL. :) Some of them are very exciting, and the strategies and thought processes that go
SS LC: tazz vs Luthier~~Luthier is one of the best LCers in this SPL group! It's been cool to see because I feel like there's a very talented group of LC players competing, and perhaps Luthier has been a bit overlooked. That being said, we'll see how this match goes and those LC matches for the rest of SPL!
ORAS OU: Adri vs CrashinBoomBang~~Great match! Adri and CBB are both players I enjoy watching
DPP OU: Kevin Garrett vs The Grand Babido~~Heist has been looking in good form with four straight wins the past four weeks. I think their success will continue. :)
ADV OU: CyberOdin vs Gilbert arenas~~CyberOdin has been looking VERY solid and is on an incredibly hot streak, beating BKC and z0mOG back to back the past couple of weeks in SPL! :psywoke: That's quite amazing, and so I think their success will continue into this week. Also, like, 6-1 this season so far!
GSC OU: Fear vs gorgie~~Fear has obviously had an amazing SPL campaign. I'm not sure that the Scooters will make playoffs, but it will be cool to see if he goes undefeated this season. Some prolific play
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Heroic Troller~~Heroic Troller seems to be getting back into top RBY form and at a very important time for the Tyrants as they try and make playoffs. Beds is a tough opponent, though, so this one will be interesting to watch! One of the better matches of the week in my opinion.

Oh, and to the Bigs, please let Mannat play before the season is over. :( I hope you guys make playoffs, but Mannat is pretty much your Team Manager and he's really awesome.

Good luck to everyone this week and as always, have lots of fun. :) Spread the love.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)