Smogon Happenings - post here for publicity (YES, YOU - READ THE OP!)

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
aim vs lowgock gr8astard vs psychotic and chimpact vs afro smash are going down today for r1 of grand slam. 3 semifinal spots will be filled. This is taking place during/after smogtour. Dunno if that is important enough to tweet but i could post the battle links when happening. Cept mine because last time we had 800 people on smog tour server...

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
aim vs lowgock gr8astard vs psychotic and chimpact vs afro smash are going down today for r1 of grand slam. 3 semifinal spots will be filled. This is taking place during/after smogtour. Dunno if that is important enough to tweet but i could post the battle links when happening. Cept mine because last time we had 800 people on smog tour server...
i'd be happy to tweet about this, could someone hl me on IRC when they happen as this is very time sensitive? (or if i have already missed them, give me a replay?)

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i'd be happy to tweet about this, could someone hl me on IRC when they happen as this is very time sensitive? (or if i have already missed them, give me a replay?)
no worries mine doesnt start for another 2 hours and the other two are supposedly playing after tour so possibly 4-6 hours from now. gotcha tho

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Just for the record, the new PS move animations would have been a nice thing to update about. I know you ~just~ got a badge ascriptmaster but if you do anything else cool in the future, let us know so we can tell the world :^)

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Every month, the Underused room hosts a the Underused Showdown Tournament (UUST) for one person to earn voice in the PS! Underused Room. The UUST is a comprehensive, month-long tournament that tries to drawn in as many people as possible in the hopes that by the Finale of the tournament, only the best of the best regular users earn voice. It's a great way to get regular users involved in the chat. I'm an RO of the UU room, and I've noticed a spike in usage from new users that stick around after getting involved in some new projects made available to them, including the UUST. We are currently onto the second month of the tournament, and have ironed out most of the problems. This thread is currently a niche success in the UU subforum (as it helps in the integration of PS! UU and Smogon UU in a small capacity), however, I was hoping that you could help us generate more interest in the tournament by announcing it at the beginning of each month that signups are open. This is an official UU tournament approved and supported by the tier leaders, room owners, and mods.

Here is the tournament link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-november-week-2-week-1-winner-philz.3518294/

Bloo

Banned deucer.
There's a lot of playoff action happening in Tournaments right now, and I'd love for them to get some publicity because they're exciting and fun to follow.

Smogon Tour Season 18 playoffs have just begun: Link is here.

Smogon Grand Slam Season 3 Playoffs are also underway: Link is here.

OLT playoffs will also be starting soon and I'll link the thread here when it begins!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
on facebook:

scheduled UU tournament for tomorrow at noon King UU

scheduled grand slam playoffs for today at 8 pm est Bloo

scheduled tour playoffs for tomorrow at 4 pm est Bloo

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's a lot of playoff action happening in Tournaments right now, and I'd love for them to get some publicity because they're exciting and fun to follow.

Smogon Tour Season 18 playoffs have just begun: Link is here.

Smogon Grand Slam Season 3 Playoffs are also underway: Link is here.

OLT playoffs will also be starting soon and I'll link the thread here when it begins!
For what it's worth, I've been covering Grand Slam since the start of it (still am as of yesterday lol)

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, my friend KyleCole is the only serious Smogon Doubles YouTuber and I thought it would be a good idea if we could publicize the tier a little with his intro to smogon doubles video.
Here it is
thanks!

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
in addition to that, zygarde was, to many people's surprise, voted UU and the next suspect test, diggersby, is set to begin tomorrow morning.

in addition to that, zygarde was, to many people's surprise, voted UU and the next suspect test, diggersby, is set to begin tomorrow morning.
The first half was already done; latter half (diggersby suspect test starting tomorrow morning), is done now.

chaos

Owner
shaymin you need to explicitly say UU in your tweet. I would have worded that tweet "Diggersby suspected for unban in UU. <link to thread>"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)