daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
After a year of being winnowed...

One complete year all of my friend clowning me with that :
View attachment 451501View attachment 451502

On multiple server....

View attachment 451504

But things have changed now... :prodigeunpick: died in august and a new prodige was BORN

View attachment 451513

:prodigepick: IS HERE !!!!! HEREEEEEEEEEE
s/o Clementine for :prodigepick:

Joke aside,
Gl to all teams and players, hope we will have a good tournament !
LETS GO GIBLE
L2p

Hello everyone, it exhausts me to have to write this message when I would have liked not to get involved.

What is happening with customs is unacceptable. I hope you will see this message
While Clem's Gibles custom was ready, the team suddenly changed their mind less than a week before the deadline, and came to send me a message to ask for a new avatar, throwing away Clem's previous work.

I finished their avatar with a little delay, before learning that it was refused because it did not conform to the rules. I must admit I was as disgusted as they were
So now, captains, I ask you to please: Have the idea of your avatars checked by the TDs before we start spriting them. It would save us a lot of time
As for the TDs, I ask you to set clear rules on what is accepted or not for team avatars. Either pass them on to the captains, or to us, so we can say yes or no. The organization of this year seemed to me catastrophic

TJ, I'm tired of your behavior
I don't know if it's your captain who asks you to act like this, but I ask you for a minimum of manners. It is unacceptable that avatars are thrown away, and that artists waste their time, you already did that to us during the World Cup and our patience has limits. Currently there are 5 people who have worked on your fucking avatar. Do you think it's normal to exploit the spriters like that ?

that's all I had to say

Clementine shiloh TJ BluBirD Loulonlou

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
So now, captains, I ask you to please: Have the idea of your avatars checked by the TDs before we start spriting them. It would save us a lot of time
As for the TDs, I ask you to set clear rules on what is accepted or not for team avatars. Either pass them on to the captains, or to us, so we can say yes or no. The organization of this year seemed to me catastrophic
Hi, just want to clarify a couple things regarding this
For transparency, I am the only TD involved with this entire process which is otherwise handled by select Senior Staff members (Kalalokki mostly). These were (some of) the guidelines given to captains for sprite submission this year, which I passed on from Kala to all team captains.
image_2022-09-09_123101364.png

There were places in which the rules could have been clearer, possibly, and I would welcome all feedback towards making these guidelines better and clearer for future tournaments. But the fact that avatars would have to pass a quality check was very very very very very clear and I think calling our handling of the situation catastrophic is very unfair.
If Studio Gible decides not to read, or not to care about what they've read, the fault is largely on them.

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
TJ, I'm tired of your behavior
I don't know if it's your captain who asks you to act like this, but I ask you for a minimum of manners. It is unacceptable that avatars are thrown away, and that artists waste their time, you already did that to us during the World Cup and our patience has limits. Currently there are 5 people who have worked on your fucking avatar. After refusing to continue working on it, you went to ask Grapo to take over, but without warning that you had already asked Diegoblu in parallel. I'm tired of dealing with this. Do you think it's normal to abuse the spriters like that ?
Currently there are 5 people who have worked on your fucking avatar. After refusing to continue working on it, you went to ask Grapo to take over, but without warning that you had already asked Diegoblu in parallel. I'm tired of dealing with this. Do you think it's normal to abuse the spriters like that ?
It did not dawn on me that the original trainer sprite that brumi made for the Gibles would have been remotely rejected since a lot of recent spl/wcop/scl team tour avis such as BIGS SNORLAX and SCL 1 SPARTANS have passed arguably much more extreme and subjective vetting standards. I just assumed that the avatar would have been approved since its just a younger version of Cythia. Anyways, after informing brumi that the avatar she made was unapproved by Kalalokki / TDs, I asked if she was willingly to make us another custom avatar and she understandably refused.

1662714711130.png

After I received this dm from brumi, I took her advice and messaged another artist named Grapo:

1662720175962.png

Shortly after reaching out to Grapo, I was asked by one of my managers to relay the new avatar details to another artist, diegoblu. (At this point they did not know that I had messaged Grapo)

1662716110914.png

Since it appeared that Grapo was busy with other commissions, I reached out to diegoblu to confirm that they had time to make us an avatar by Monday. diego indicated that he could make something for us by the monday deadline:

1662718865661.png

after diego confirmed that he wanted to make the avi, I told grapo that diego was making it:

1662718970872.png

1662719411230.png

1662719459062.png

Lastly, I was unaware that Clementine had made 5 avatars for our team prior to the draft. I apologize for all of the wasted efforts from the artists and hope these screenshots clear up some of the confusion. Thank you.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)