Smogon Champions League I - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Technical Machines (0) vs (0) Showdown Shoguns

OU: ez vs z0mOG
OU: Ajna vs TPP
OU: Tace vs HSA
Ubers: SoulWind vs Manaphy
DOU: Nails vs Frania
UU: umbry vs Bushtush
RU: Confide vs TheFranklin
NU: Davon vs TDK
PU: chlo vs false
LC: LilyAC vs dcae

Uncharted Terrors (0) vs (0) Circuit Breakers

OU: Raptor vs Lord_Enz
OU: Gefährlicher Random vs Lusa
OU: March Fires vs Serene Grace
Ubers: Icemaster vs byronthewellwell
DOU: Actuarily vs Spurrific - never heard of these ppl
UU: Accel vs LNumbers
RU: lax vs Punny
NU: sensei axew vs Sabella
PU: Lambovino vs Sjneider
LC: KSG vs daunt vs

Mt. Silver Foxes (0) vs (0) Orange Islanders

OU: Finchinator vs devin
OU: Watashi vs Eternal Spirit
OU: Santu vs Ox The Fox - already happen
Ubers: M Dragon vs Exiline
DOU: Memoric vs Mishimono
UU: Adaam vs Indigo Plateau
RU: atomicllamas vs odr
NU: Xiri vs OnArceus
PU: tlenit vs TJ
LC: Toadow vs Boulicrok

Studio Gible (0) vs (0) Arena Spartans

OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs MAX UND MAX
OU: robjr vs talah
OU: London Beats vs dice
Ubers: Fc vs 64 squares
DOU: Paraplegic vs stax
UU: Luthier vs mncmt - neutral
RU: Nat vs Charmflash
NU: Rodriblutar vs TeamCharm
PU: Raiza vs Termi
LC: teal6 vs Laroxyl

Indigo Platoon (0) vs (0) Power Plant Dynamos

OU: Tamahome vs Insult
OU: MichaelderBeste2 vs BIHI
OU: Storm Zone vs beatiful
Ubers: Poek vs TrueNora
DOU: Z Strats vs Qwello Lee
UU: Gondra vs Askov
RU: CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw
NU: Kushalos vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
PU: Excal vs bruno
LC: kythr vs Wail Wailord

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, with RU's games beginning tomorrow I wanted to share a breakdown of how the RU community has predicted these games to go in the SCL discussion thread -- predictions are still open if you want to join the contest for a staggeringly high amount of cash (at least $75! for bolding names!)

Confide (51%) vs TheFranklin (49%)
lax (20%) vs Punny (80%)
atomicllamas (8%) vs odr (92%)
Nat (74%)
vs Charmflash (26%)
CrashinBoomBang (51%) vs Dragon Claw (49%)

confide4341thefranklin
lax1766punny
atomicllamas776odr
nat6222charmflash
cbb4341dclaw

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Similarly, here are the Doubles' prediction breakdown. We have a whopping 72 people post full predictions in our SCL Discussion Thread, which has a prize pool of $50 USD + Discord Nitro! And for those who think the predictions flood the forum - fear not! - for I have went through and pulled out the best prediction posts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) for those who are interested.

Nails (83%) vs. Frania (17%)
Actuarily (33%) vs. Spurrific (67%)
Memoric (39%) vs. Mishimono (61%)
Paraplegic (25%) vs. stax (75%)
Z Strats (33%) vs. Qwello Lee (67%)
Nails6012Frania
Actuarily2448Spurrific
Memoric2844Mishimono
Paraplegic1854stax
Z Strats2448Qwello Lee

Also, catch me and Z Strats live streaming the first SCL Doubles Match, Actuarily vs. Spurrific, tomorrow (today, technically) at 9pm GMT-4 on Twitch!* If things go well, expect more streams in the future from us & friends :blobthumbsup:

*barring computer issues D:

Similarly, here are the Doubles' prediction breakdown. We have a whopping 72 people post full predictions in our SCL Discussion Thread, which has a prize pool of $50 USD + Discord Nitro! And for those who think the predictions flood the forum - fear not! - for I have went through and pulled out the best prediction posts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) for those who are interested.

Nails (83%) vs. Frania (17%)
Actuarily (33%) vs. Spurrific (67%)
Memoric (39%) vs. Mishimono (61%)
Paraplegic (25%) vs. stax (75%)
Z Strats (33%) vs. Qwello Lee (67%)
Nails6012Frania
Actuarily2448Spurrific
Memoric2844Mishimono
Paraplegic1854stax
Z Strats2448Qwello Lee

Also, catch me and Z Strats live streaming the first SCL Doubles Match, Actuarily vs. Spurrific, tomorrow (today, technically) at 9pm GMT-4 on Twitch!* If things go well, expect more streams in the future from us & friends :blobthumbsup:

*barring computer issues D:
u didn't put the ez prediction:blobnauseated:thats the best of them all.https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...n-50-discord-nitro-prize.3689963/post-8969418 There. dammit people don't know the context behind this : (

Last edited:

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
hey, i'm here to provide a series of facts and opinions in case they were desired

1) teal6 believe in yourself and you will succeed
2) eo played a subpar tiebreak game but nonetheless he made better overall choices than his axel wielding opponent so he justifiably won that game, and in spl he lost vs the extremely talented starmaster clicking breeze dry turn 1
3) niko's initial post was fine, a form of free speech (copyrighted by the USA)
4) getting offended by predictions, while not unjustified, is a trademark horrible look, especially for said near 40k players
5) the word bestie is more overused than axel weavile
6) no infractions or moderation needed
7) good luck TonyFlygon Star

conclusion
niko is the winner of the aforementioned exchange, and i am rooting for the platoon to win this tournament
Hopefully some day you'll recognize that Crash Weavile is unviable, but you do you, bestie. Best wishes from still-axel-fan xray!

Garrett

Banned deucer.
With the first Ubers game of this week in about 5 hours, here are the current %'s for predictions:

SoulWind (76.3%) vs Manaphy (23.7%)
Icemaster (84.9%) vs byronthewellwell (15.1%)
M Dragon (34.5%) vs Exiline (65.5%)
Fc (36.6%) vs 64 squares (63.4%) ("Almost 64%")
Poek (74.2%) vs TrueNora (25.8%)

The product of the higher 5 percentages over each game is 19.96%, so think of it as 1 in 5 predictors think what you see above exactly.
Edit: took someone 40 minutes to find the meme %'s, they should be proper now!

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
With the first Ubers game of this week in about 5 hours, here are the current %'s for predictions:

SoulWind (76.3%) vs Manaphy (23.7%)
Icemaster (84.9%) vs byronthewellwell (15.1%)
M Dragon (34.5%) vs Exiline (65.5%)
Fc (36.6%) vs 64 squares (63.4%) ("Almost 64%")
Poek (74.2%) vs TrueNora (25.8%)

The product of the higher 5 percentages over each game is 19.96%, so think of it as 1 in 5 predictors think what you see above exactly.
Edit: took someone 40 minutes to find the meme %'s, they should be proper now!
With such precise numbers, I’d like to know how you came up with those percentages? What is your analysis based on? What are the drivers for them? That is, you’re predicting them based on what categories (i.e., team building, game plan, etc)? What’s your level of confidence on how accurate your prediction is? More details, please.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
With such precise numbers, I’d like to know how you came up with those percentages? What is your analysis based on? What are the drivers for them? That is, you’re predicting them based on what categories (i.e., team building, game plan, etc)? What’s tour level of confidence on how accurate your prediction is? More details, please.
The percentages show how many people predicted the player to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)