Smogon Battle Spot Leaderboard (updated as of Feb 2nd)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo Dave, I don't think we can accept your peak, since we are looking at scores as a whole over the season. Repost when the PGL site shows your score and then I'll update the leaderboard. As for strategy help, check out our 4v4 Doubles Discussion thread, this one is only for posting scores.

The PGL has updated, and my Doubles rank has climbed even higher! It now sits at 1689, #3 in Canada and #171 in the world. Can you update the leaderboard?

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Kortex, I was able to gather the info from the article, but in the future we'd really appreciate if you could post a screenshot too, it just makes things much easier. Anyway, I added you!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's my Fairy Face Off results. Finished with 26W 4L giving me 1758 points, 23rd overall.

Here's my Battle Box:

I'll just quote my team write up from my OP in the FFO thread:

Togekiss @ Flame Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

Special thanks to EnGarde for giving me this as I didn't have time to rebreed! 'Cupcake' put in so much work for me, I think I only left it out of 2 fights. I decided on Flame Plate because it gave Fire Blast enough power to OHKO 252 HP / 0 SDef M-Mawile, against anything else it would just T-wave and Air Slash everything to death. Only had trouble with opposing Lum berry Togekiss and faster 'Kiss running T-wave also as they would normally win the flinch war. Dedenne also gave it trouble with T-bolt and Volt Switch, one of my losses was against a Rain Dance + Thunder Dedenne... I ran enough speed to beat 252+ speed Mawile, the rest went into HP. I think Togekiss was definitely one of the most versatile threats in this meta, I ran into Scarf, Lum, Yawn and Life Orb and STEEL WING which were all really good.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Synchronoise
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Thanks to Jkickit for giving me the Ralts with all the nice egg moves that got me started. I decided on LO Mawile so I figured why not M-Gard? This thing has so much power with modest + Synchronoise, and with enough speed to beat 252+ speed regular Gard in mega forme meant it could usually 1/2hko something and get a Destiny Bond in to give me a 2-1 lead. Encore turned out to be pretty effective at locking stuff like Klefki into Screens or Azumarill into Belly Drum (if you traced Prankster) and Whimsicott into anything other than Taunt. DBond saved me so many times it isn't funny. Out comes a Mawile, click Destiny Bond and the other team has just lost their ace. If they went for Swords Dance or Sucker Punch I could Encore them and go from there.

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 12 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Sucker Punch

Again thanks to Engarde for the parent! To be honest I wasn't totally interested in this meta and wasn't planning on playing but then I saw what P3DS wrote about how special Life Orb Mawile was working for him and I just thought it would be fun to use. The surprise factor alone gave me the advantage in a lot of my battles. I went for Mild because I wanted Sucker Punch, and figured it wouldn't live a physical hit anyway, the special bulk came in handy against opposing Togekiss and Dedenne so I was happy with that. I was going to speed creep other Mawile but I wasn't sure on a threshold, then noticed max speed reaches 63, 1 point ahead of the uninvested 80 base speed group, this helped A LOT against Togekiss, Klefki and Slurpuff as I could outspeed them and get a surprise kill. There was even a Gardevior I outsped and still ohko'd it! (guessing it was 252 HP / 252 Def). I was a little paranoid because I thought the Dream ball it was in and no Intimidate upon entry would give it away but I had Dedenne's Charming me and Klefkis setting up Reflects in front of it haha.

Klefki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Switcheroo
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave

I ran into a specs Klefki on the PS! ladder that destroyed me and decided I needed it on my team. There was one whole game where I Switcheroo'd an opposing Klefki which gave me their Leftovers and they were locked into Substitute, this allowed me my one and only Calm Mind sweep and it was awesome. Actually I think I did it to a Gardevior as well, after I realised it could specs Synchronoise my team to death I was worried but turns out Klefki can survive that and win. My teams were usually Togekiss > Gardevior > either Klefki or Mawile. The decision was based on whether Klefki's steel coverage would be enough, or if I would need Mawile's Fire and Poison coverage, this lead to me using Mawile a fair bit more, but Klefki was still awesome. I know the EVs aren't optimised for level 30 but I didnt need an extra point in anything so just went with max/max.

Clefable @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Minimize
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

Thanks to rufusdrumknott for the parent! After I had my first four sorted I was at a bit of a loss for what else to use as they were just going to be filler, and in all honesty they were for the most part, that was until I realised on day 2 that I had no answer for Belly Drum Azumarill. On day 3 if I saw that thing then Clefable was getting picked. Obviously it relies purely on luck but that's the kinda guy I am haha. Max evasion and 3 Calm Minds gives Stored Power enough bang to 2hko M-Maw which meant only allowing one Iron Head in 7 turns, not the best odds, and serves me right as it only worked once! But that one time it did work I was thanking my lucky stars even though I could have brought 'Kiss and killed the Mawile anyway. But it did it's job against Azumarill so a worthy teammate nonetheless.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power Thick Fat (WHOOPS) *
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

I already had a Marill for this but Worker traded me a flawless one for one of my Klefkis with Switcheroo so I figured I would just use it! I think I used him in two battles, he managed to outspeed and finish off a low health Azumarill that had Belly Drummed (thanks speed creep) and do a Belly Drum sweep of his own. I would have used him more but with my first 4 + Clefable I just didn't have a spot for him in most battles
I'm pretty proud of this result! Especially considering I wasn't planning on competing and then ended up spending the week before it theorymoning and testing. Hopefully I can make a splash in the Halloween Party!

* I accidentally trained the wrong Marill in my PC! It was one I had bred and marked with flawless IVs which was in the same box as the one I planned to use (originally from Worker). I only used him in a couple of battles early on to clean up and I never noticed the lack of power lol

Hell yeah :D

Im currently #4 placed in Germany (372 # in world) with 1757 Rating on Double Battle Spot =>> SINABABE
I started out completely new in Generation 6 with competetive Pokemon gathering all the information and stuff i could get - mostly here on smogon
and youtube videos.
I really proud of myself for that accomplishment and wanna thank everyone in this community helping new players getting a hold of this game so easily.

My current team (for overview-reasons)

- Mega-Kangaskhan: Protect, Double-Edge, Low Kick, Sucker Punch (Megastone)
- Scrafty: Drain-Punch, Fake Out, Protect, Knock Off (Lum Berry)
- Thundurus: Protect, Thunderwave, Taunt, Thunderbolt (Sitrus Berry)
- Landorus-T: U Turn, Earthquake, Rockslide, Superpower (Choice Scarfed)
- Talonflame: Brave Bird ..... (Choice Banded)
- Aegislash: Shadowball , Substitute, Kingshield, Flash Cannon (Leftovers)

EDITH:

For verification stuff :p

Hulavuta

Hi Eclipzer! I'm so glad you found our community helpful! Unfortunately, in this leaderboard we're only taking final scores (the score at the end of the season, when it is finished). If you have a record from the previous season you are welcome to post that, otherwise I'd ask that you wait until this season is over to post your score. I'm really glad to hear you're doing well though! :toast:

Hello Hulavuta !

Fair enough, more time for me to get back to my #1 Spot I already owned but got denied by trying to much new stuff on the same team. :-)
Sadly, i didnt compete quite enough last season to accomplish something to be proud of, but i'll definitely come back to this thread once the season is done :-)

Greetings from Germany, i really appreciate the amount of knowledge your forums & especially the pokedex offers.

Cya soon!

Philipp

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've updated the OP with the Battle of Hoenn results. This thread died off after season 5 so we don't have results for any of the regular seasons after that so if you want to claim a spot in one of the seasons you can post your results and I'll add it in. You can find past season results by logging into the PGL, going to your profile, clicking on Rating Battles on the side, and then choosing which season you'd like to view form the drop-down box

I was running Kangaskhan, Cresselia, Garchomp, Talonflame, Aegislash, and Rotom(Wash) for the Battle Spot Singles ladder. I was doing quite well holding onto a strong two win/one loss ratio (which is what I ended with on this peak), but eventually as I laddered stronger trainers appeared and brought counters to the Pokemon I used and it was a painful downfall from there, dropping me to the lower 1700's. Before I ladder again this season with a different party I'm just gonna post this to show what these great Pokemon did for me. Good luck to the rest of the challengers out there!

Attachments

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Gonna throw this in before I inevitably go on a losing streak

Current record is 25-5. I screenshotted this a few days ago so the rankings would've changed by now.

I got a bit inspired by groudonempires return so i am chasing the 1900 now as well. I just peaked at 1817 still with the same team. Hippowdon and clefable and reuniclus, aegislash, avalugg and ampharos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)