Smogon 2022 Death Bingo [FINAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope u guys some day realise how sickening it is to celebrate someones death
i want to know what it is about this that upsets you. where is the celebration? do you take everything you see literally? are you focused so much on optics that you miss the forest for the trees? stop with the driveby takes and explain why this thread is as problematic as you say it is. tell me why i should be mourning over the loss of a woman whose entirely legacy was formed the day she was born, whose history is full of slavery and murder, and who quite literally does not, has ever not, and now will not even give the tiniest shit about your existence.

what is wrong with you people
you too. I'll wait.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
i want to know what it is about this that upsets you. where is the celebration? do you take everything you see literally? are you focused so much on optics that you miss the forest for the trees? stop with the driveby takes and explain why this thread is as problematic as you say it is. tell me why i should be mourning over the loss of a woman whose entirely legacy was formed the day she was born, whose history is full of slavery and murder, and who quite literally does not, has ever not, and now will not even give the tiniest shit about your existence.

you too. I'll wait.
she had a family, faint. THE family, in fact. show some sympathy

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Celebrities are not human and should not be treated as such. The entire idea of the celebrity is built on rejection of human limits--limits of connection, limits of records and remembrance, limits of how you are read or understood by others. Treating their death as a neutral or even positive thing is in fact the highest form of reverence, because it serves as a testament to their anti-human legacy: we would never act such a way towards an actual human.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)