Smogoff Show & Tell Thread

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
approved by the moderation team

Hi everyone! I wanted to set up this thread so people in this community can share their experiences and achievements! Examples of things you can share in here include (but are not limited to, whether they're for Smogon or otherwise):
  • Things you've written
  • Things you've drawn
  • Things you do (such as streaming, your career, any hobbies, etc)
  • Things you've made
  • Things you're proud of!
I'll go first! I've gotten a bit of traction by starting a Twitch stream lately, and have been enjoying the process! I stream on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 6 to 9 (ha ha fun e num brr) Central Time; I've started by doing a challenge run of a somewhat obscure Final Fantasy roguelike spinoff/remaster called Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! The challenge is that I, as Chocobo, cannot directly attack enemies. Instead, I have to largely rely on my computer-controlled Buddy for offense! It's been fun so far, and I'd really appreciate a follow!

Additionally, my first ever writing job for Paizo (a highly accredited publisher of tabletop RPGs) just hit store shelves recently! At least, the two monsters I did for the backmatter of an adventure went live. One of them is an original creation of my own: the Nullsoul Host. It's an android whose soul became trapped inside its body due to a technomagical virus, causing the poor person to become an atavistic mayhem-causer hellbent on spreading the contagion! Here's a glimpse of the art:
nullsoulhost.PNG

Anyway, I encourage everyone to post their achievements and creations! Please don't post about a given thing more than once (though if you have multiple similar projects, that's usually fine), but otherwise go nuts! Cheers, all!

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
You ever look out your window and watch what other people are doing through their window? Usually they're doing something mundane like working on a computer or having lunch or w/e, but yesterday I saw this strange sight:

Horse3.png

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Ivy let me revive this thread with something cool I found after a while. Back in the Fire Emblem community, I worked on a certain something...

No, this isn't an April Fools, just a very unfortunate date...

After a few years of searching among friends, I managed to uncover two old prototypes of a fan game I worked on back in 2017. I thought all of this was lost to time, but luckily, someone still had the content stored on their hard drive. I lost mine years ago.

Fire Emblem Waifu Simulator (FEWS) was a dating simulator I initially made as a joke among some friends back when Jugdral elitists would call Fates/Awakening "Waifu Simulator". It eventually turned into a full-scale, volunteer-based project where artists and such would collaborate. It was kind of like Fire Emblem Heroes where artists of any style could draw the characters, making it have the same feel as that. However, development was kind of a shitshow from my horrible ethics, as well as a few incidents...art theft, among other reprehensible things. Honestly, it's a symbol of one of many dark times in my life, but I think it's interesting enough to release. All content in these prototypes is completely original, the art, music, scripts, and GUI are all built from the ground-up without any outside support. I'm very proud of what was accomplished despite the horrible development cycle. The idea was for the user to take those anime "stabs to the heart" if they make wrong decisions, and you would "lose" if that heart took too much damage. I don't think we ever made a visual for that, though.

So, I have two prototypes, let's go over em one by one.
  • The first prototype is a Tiki tech demo, the only "complete" thing we ever did. A lot of the art here was done by someone called Trist, where they'd self-insert a maid character and some OCs in their backgrounds. I believe they did their art on a 3DS. We didn't have much in the ways of a direction for emoting, etc, so Tiki just had slightly different facial expressions. I believe this is like an hour or two long.
  • The second prototype was the second most complete character, Xander, since we wanted to do husbandos too. I think I released this for beta testing in the Discord server. It's very incomplete, mostly lacking BGs and CGs, and some art was unfinished and resulted in a (very large) maid sprite being used instead. I'm not sure if I'd call this playable, but it's nice if only for the artwork. We had a very detailed story prepared, and it seems the script was largely finished.

But anyway, not sure if this would interest anyone or anything, just thought I'd drop them since I found em. There's a bunch of old plan documents as well, seems Marth had made significant headway script-wise? I remember we wanted to have that one diverge to Clarisse as a secret ending where we'd expand on the Archanean Assassins and stuff. I don't think I'd ever bring this back, but I'm much better off financially, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to bring back something like this in a more professional format.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Since this got absolutely destroyed by timing, I'll post up some portraits that never made it into some of the prototypes, as well as some concept artwork.

We planned on doing something with Narcian, a character I really like. I remember there being some voice lines for him somewhere by a close friend, but I can't find them. We had ideas for emotes and poses though, like these. I believe Dabolor was the one doing this...or was it Hashirobaka..?
1617483547165.png
1617483550732.png

There's also this Clarisse portrait in this old dev screenshot, can't remember the artist...
1617483621923.png

I also found a Kilma portrait that never made it into the Xander prototype, you could prolly replace the KilmaNeutral.png file with this and it'll work just fine. I believe someone called Dawn made this.
1617483678820.png

There's probably much more out there.

approved by the moderation team

Hi everyone! I wanted to set up this thread so people in this community can share their experiences and achievements! Examples of things you can share in here include (but are not limited to, whether they're for Smogon or otherwise):
  • Things you've written
  • Things you've drawn
  • Things you do (such as streaming, your career, any hobbies, etc)
  • Things you've made
  • Things you're proud of!
I'll go first! I've gotten a bit of traction by starting a Twitch stream lately, and have been enjoying the process! I stream on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 6 to 9 (ha ha fun e num brr) Central Time; I've started by doing a challenge run of a somewhat obscure Final Fantasy roguelike spinoff/remaster called Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! The challenge is that I, as Chocobo, cannot directly attack enemies. Instead, I have to largely rely on my computer-controlled Buddy for offense! It's been fun so far, and I'd really appreciate a follow!

Additionally, my first ever writing job for Paizo (a highly accredited publisher of tabletop RPGs) just hit store shelves recently! At least, the two monsters I did for the backmatter of an adventure went live. One of them is an original creation of my own: the Nullsoul Host. It's an android whose soul became trapped inside its body due to a technomagical virus, causing the poor person to become an atavistic mayhem-causer hellbent on spreading the contagion! Here's a glimpse of the art:
View attachment 275032

Anyway, I encourage everyone to post their achievements and creations! Please don't post about a given thing more than once (though if you have multiple similar projects, that's usually fine), but otherwise go nuts! Cheers, all!
haha i have more twitch followers than you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)